“Kural” app helps you to nourish this masterpiece by smooth navigation and rich search option. You can view Kural in both English and Tamil. “Kural” app gives kural in transliteration for those who are not comfortable reading in Tamil.
Kural app highlights
- English Transliteration
- Smooth navigation
- Search option
o English and Tamil words
o Starting word
o Ending word
o By Kural number
- Share Kural in FB, Email etc
An intro on Thirukkural:
Thirukkural is a classic Tamil sangam literature comprising of 1330 couplets or kurals. It was authored by Thiruvalluvar, a poet who is said to have lived anytime between 2nd century BCE and 5th century CE.
The Thirukkural is one of the most important works in the Tamil language. This is reflected in some of the other names by which the text is given by such as Tamil Marai (Tamil Vedas), Poyyamozhi (words that never fail), etc.
Thirukural is known by many names such as:
உத்தரவேதம் / Uttaravedam - superior Veda
பொய்யாமொழி / Poyyamozhi - statements devoid of untruth
வாயூரை வாழ்த்து / Vayurai Vazhthu - truthful utterances
தெய்வநூல் / Deyvanool - divine book
பொதுமறை / Pothumarai - common-man's Veda
முப்பால் / Muppal - three chaptered
தமிழ் மறை / Tamil Marai - Tamil Veda
There are claims and counter claims as to the authorship of the book and to the exact number of couplets written by Thiruvalluvar. The first instance of the author's name mentioned as Thiruvalluvar is found to be several centuries later in a song of praise called Garland of Thiruvalluvar in Thiruvalluva Malai.
1. Navigation by பால் and அதிகாரம்
2. Kural and Kural Explanation in Tamil & English
3. You can add Kural into your own favorites list
4. You can post Kural in your facebook walls
5. You can change layout of the Kural (Day Mode, Night Mode, Classic Mode, Book Mode)
6. You can search kural in both Tamil & English
7. You can add Kural widget on your android home screen, daily a kural will be refreshed on your android home screen widget
8. you can change font size
9. It supports tablets, HD and Full HD screen android devices as well
Let me know your feedback guys. Issues found on my earlier Thirukural app is fixed with this.
The Thirukkural or Thirukural is one of the most important works in the Tamil language. Thirukkural is reflected in some of the other names by which the text is given by such as Tamil marai, poyyamozhi, Deiva nool .Thirukkural is structured into 133 chapters, each containing 10 couplets, for a total of 1330 couplets.
1. Kural Share On Social Network
2. Daily one Kural
3. Thirukkural explanation both in Tamil and English
4. Search Thirukural
5. Bookmark Thirukural
6. Widget Option