Unlike other popular messaging apps (including those claiming to use encryption), even we as the server operator have absolutely no way to read your messages.
• End-to-end encryption of text messages, images, videos and GPS locations
• Contact synchronization (optional): find other Threema users automatically
• Send images and videos
• Share your location on a map
• Verify your contacts' public keys by scanning a QR code from their mobile phone, all within the app
Threema is Made in Switzerland, and all servers are hosted there as well for maximum privacy.
*** Please use our support form (https://threema.ch/support) to report problems or to send questions. Do not use the review feature to contact us, as we're not able to provide support there. ***
Keywords: secure instant messaging messenger encryption end-to-end
• You need to have DashClock Widget (http://goo.gl/WY8yBD) installed to use this app.
• Works on Android 4.3+ only since it depends on functionality introduced with Android 4.3.
• Enable message previews and disable PIN lock in Threema if you want to see the text of your notifications.
• Make sure DashClock Widget is installed
• Add a DashClock Widget to your lock screen or to a home screen
• Go to DashClock's settings dialog and click on "Add another extension"
• Select Threema from the list
• Click on the menu button next to the extension and chose "Settings"
• Tap on "Enable notifications"
• Check "Threema DashClock Extension" to enable notification access and accept the request for permission to read incoming notifications
Reads out your SMS, K9/Kaiten Emails, Threema, WhatsApp*, GTalk, Google Voice, Facebook and KakaoTalk messages.
Top App of The Year - ANDROID MAG [5/12]
"The rescue for frequent drivers - it includes absolutely everything one would need" - CHIP
"SMS, my Car and Me is the perfect solution for reading out messages" - COMPUTER BILD
As seen on AndroidPolice, XDA TV, Daily Mail and AndroidPit
*Root Access is recommended for WhatsApp!
• You don't have to activate it, simply start Google Navigation/Car Home, connect to a Bluetooth device or plugin your headset
• Tasker/Locale support through plugin
• Use any language for the TTS (text-to-speech)!
• Ability to detect 24 different languages
• Bluetooth (Mono and Stereo) Headset support
• Reading out Caller ID (no mono Bluetooth support)
• Voice Commands for easy calling and writing back (online and offline, Bluetooth support!) Does only apply to SMS!
• Calls can automatically be answered
• Calls can automatically be send to the phone's speakers.
• Auto reply with SMS
• Widget to activate/deactivate the app with one touch
And many other features
If you are using an inbuilt car entertainment system, try the Demo first before purchasing the app!
Help us translating the app!
More information about the used permissions:
A recent study published by the Texas Transportation Institute has shown, that reading a text message while driving increases your reaction time to up to 4 seconds and that you are eleven times more likely not to see an obstacle.
This is the reason we created this app: To drive safely, but still being able to receive and write text messages.
This app is completely different from these other apps in the market; it uses extremely few resources, which let your device lasts longer, but yet gives you extremely powerful features.
Once the app is configured, you don't have to do anything anymore: If you want to, the app starts by it self if you put it in a cardock, if you connect to a bluetooth device or simply start Google's Car Home.
But the app goes even one step further to disburden you while driving: It may automatically accept all your calls after a set time or put them to your phone's speakers.
Also does it have an online or offline voice control that allows you to call back or send one of three user defined text messages without looking on your phone!
You think you have seen all these "SMS Readers" already and they're all the same? This one's not!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us! We answer every mail within a very short time!
By the way, the speech output sounds better with high quality TTS engines (like the Ivona one), but works as well with the stock one.
*These 3rd party Car Home Replacements work as well:
- Car Dashboard
- Car Home Ultra
- Custom Car Home
Also these Apps are supported:
- GO SMS
- Facebook Messenger
- Handcent SMS
- GoneMad Player
- NinjaSMS / Ninja SMS
- K-9 / Kaiten Email Client
Jarvis is not supported (please see Compatibility Center entry for more information about Jarvis issues)
1) Enter text, e.g. "This is a secret!"
2) Enter desired password, e.g. "Zahd&182"
3) The app decrypts your text with the password.
You'll get something like:
4) Send this message to your friend.
If somebody intercepts the message, he won't be able to read it.
Your friend can decrypt the message by entering the secret password "Zahd&182".
Of course, the recipient must have the secret password, otherwise he won't be able to decrypt the message. You should always tell the password to the recipient in person, so it can't be intercepted. The secret password is NOT stored on our servers.
Encrypting messages before sending them makes it harder for espionage and other government agencies to read, than just sending them unencrypted. However, this app cannot guarantee 100% secure communications.
Of course, this app can be used to send messages not everybody is supposed to read (e.g. your wife, your boyfriend or your mother).
We use the 128 bit AES-Process to encode messages.
What Wikipedia says about AES: "The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is a specification for the encryption of electronic data established by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in 2001."
Have fin with the app!
With myENIGMA messages you send and receive are fully encrypted between you and your recipient(s). No one can spy on the information and no data is stored by the service in plain text. myENIGMA uses a double layer security architecture for extra protection. Furthermore, we authenticate your account by a dual-channel communication based on your mobile number and your E-mail address. This way, we can ensure no one else is impersonating you or using your account without your permission.
Benefit from a professional secure communication solution created by a team of security and cryptography experts at the heart of Switzerland, now available for your smartphone!
- Send chat messages, videos, pictures, audio and more to friends and business colleagues
- Support for secure SMS messages when no data connection is available or while roaming
- myENIGMA contacts are identified automatically and securely in your address book
- Blacklist users you don’t want contacting you
- Invite other people to join myENIGMA with a simple click
- Participate in group chats with the same security levels as on single chats
- Messages and content are only accessible to group members
- Create and manage groups with up to 30 members and control who can join
- Individual group message delivery status available for every recipient
- Send multimedia files to the group without practically any performance impact, despite its strong security protection
Download and install the application, enter your mobile number in international format (e.g. +4123456789) and your E-mail address, press 'Register' and follow the instructions on the screen.
We will verify your account during the registration. Make sure you can receive SMS messages, you are connected to the internet and you have access to your E-mail account.
Visit our FAQ: http://www.myenigma.com/faq
Send us an E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
myENIGMA requires an internet data connection to work. This may be a WiFi network or a mobile data connection. We recommend you subscribing to a mobile data plan. The application sends regularly some control data to the Service in order to setup and maintain the secure connections active. If you roam outside your home operator, you may incur additional fees. Verify with your mobile provider what are the data charges outside your home country.
Secure SMS messages are send and received over your mobile operator. Standard SMS tariffs apply. You can switch anytime between chat and SMS mode in the chat screen by taping on the SMS/Chat symbol.
Using TextSecure, you can communicate instantly while avoiding SMS fees, create groups so that you can chat in real time with all your friends at once, and share media or attachments all with complete privacy. The server never has access to any of your communication and never stores any of your data.
★ Private. TextSecure uses an advanced end to end encryption protocol that provides privacy for every message every time.
★ Open Source. TextSecure is Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code. TextSecure is the only private messenger that uses open source peer-reviewed cryptographic protocols to keep your messages safe.
★ Group Chat. TextSecure allows you to create encrypted groups so you can have private conversations with all your friends at once. Not only are the messages encrypted, but the TextSecure server never has access to any group metadata such as the membership list, group title, or group icon.
★ Fast. The TextSecure protocol is designed to operate in the most constrained environment possible. Using TextSecure, messages are instantly delivered to friends.
Please file any bugs, issues, or feature requests at:
Secure SMS, Encrypted SMS, Private SMS, Secure Messaging, Private Messaging, Security, Open Whisper Systems, Secure Chat, Privacy Chat, Private Chat, Secret Message, Hidden Message, WhatsApp, iMessage
myChat has all the features you’ll need to connect:
+ LOGIN VIA PHONE NUMBER – it’s simple, secure and no registration is needed! Start chatting without any delays. Just set your nickname and avatar – take a picture with your camera or choose one from photo gallery.
+ FREE MESSAGES - chat for free from your mobile in myChat, the unlimited texting app. Now you can use texting messages like free SMS!
+ FREE VIDEO CHAT – hear them laugh and see them smile in a high quality video call! It’s time to express your emotions in a face-to-face video chat. Meet up anytime, all you need is your smartphone or tablet.
+ FREE VOICE CALLS – talk with your friends as long as you want, at no cost and without limits. International calls from your mobile - 100% free. Don’t miss a word in our high quality audio chat.
+ STICKERS AND SMILEYS FOR CHAT – when words are not enough, send a sticker or a smiley. Adorable, funny and expressive characters you’ll love - more than 70 stickers and smileys and new collections are added regularly. Try free stickers and smileys now!
+ PHOTO AND VIDEO MESSAGES - capture the moment and share it with your friends. Share photos and videos and forget about paying for MMS. Send any other files for free.
+ GROUP CHAT – talking to all of your friends at once is easy. Use group chat and create your own personal social network.
Get myChat to stay social and keep in touch with friends. There are no ads, so nothing will distract you from conversation. Stable, fast and secure, packed with features and 100% free – myChat is your new favorite chat app. myChat is available for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets.
This app uses Notification access for android 4.3+ and accessibility service for 4.2.2 or older.
This app supports:
- notification forwarding for all your apps
- Custom notification formats letting you customize how the notifications will appear on the pebble
- Per-app settings
- You can define rules to avoid forwarding certain notification (regex)
- Global character replacement
- compliant to google UI style
- dismissing your notifications after them being forwarded to your pebble (4.3+ only)
- quiet hours
- spam protection (an app can send notifications only every x seconds)
- Native sms fetching (customizable)
- Multiple languages, currently supporting both english and italian (translators wanted!)
- LG music support (current track can now be seen on the pebble)
- Tasker integration
- Emoji replacement with emoticons (basic emoji only)
- Pebble Navigator (in-app purchase)
Enhanced and configurable notifications supported for:
- Threema (untested)
Available per-app options:
- app can be completely ignored
- never delete notifications from this app
- delete notifications from this app only while screen is off
- bypass general screen rules
- always send notifications if app is running (useful for full screen apps)
- never send notifications if app is running
I would love to hear from you, for both feature requests (including requests for custom notifications formats) and bug reporting.
Drop me an email!
NOTE: If you enable SMS formatting, you need to ignore your current messaging app, or you'll get double notifications.
Send your friends various emoticon with Emoticon for Whatsapp.
Whatsapp is one of the most used smartphone chat program and now you can send emoticon to your friends.
Emoticon for Whatsapp can use on Facebook, WeChat, Telegram, Threema too.
Choose a emoticon and select a app which you want to send the emoticon.
emoticon, smileys, symbols, cool symbols, chat symbols
RedPhone provides end-to-end encryption for your calls, securing your conversations so that nobody can listen in.
★ RedPhone uses your normal phone number to make and receive calls, so you don't need yet another identifier.
★ Use the default system dialer and contacts apps to make calls as you normally would.
★ RedPhone will give you the opportunity to upgrade to encrypted calls whenever the person you're calling also has RedPhone installed.
★ RedPhone calls are encrypted end-to-end, but function just like you're used to.
★ Free and Open Source, enabling anyone to verify its security by auditing the code.
★ Uses wifi or data, not your plan's voice minutes.
Please file any bugs, issues, or feature requests at:
Secure Calls, Private Calls, Secure VoIP, Private VoIP, Encrypted VoIP, Private Conversations, Free Calls
Orbot is the only app that creates a truly private internet connection. As the New York Times writes, “when a communication arrives from Tor, you can never know where or whom it’s from.” Tor won the 2012 Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Pioneer Award.
★ ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES: Orbot is the safest way to use the Internet on Android. Period. Orbot bounces your encrypted traffic several times through computers around the world, instead of connecting you directly like VPNs and proxies. This process takes a little longer, but the strongest privacy and identity protection available is worth the wait.
★ PRIVATE WEB SURFING: Use with Orweb, the most anonymous way to access any website, even if it’s normally blocked, monitored, or on the hidden web. Get Orweb: https://goo.gl/s3mLa
★ PRIVATE CHAT MESSAGING: Use Gibberbot with Orbot to chat confidentially with anyone, anywhere for free. Get Gibberbot: https://goo.gl/O3FfS
★ PRIVACY FOR APPS: Any installed app can use Tor if it has a proxy feature, using the settings found here: https://goo.gl/2OA1y Use Orbot with Twitter, or try private web searching with DuckDuckGo: https://goo.gl/lgh1p
★ PRIVACY FOR EVERYONE: Tor can help you confidentially research a competitor, get around the Facebook block at school, or circumvent a firewall to watch sports at work.
★ PRIVACY MADE EASY: Check out our fun, interactive walkthrough: https://guardianproject.info/howto/browsefreely
★ IT’S OFFICIAL: This is the official version of the Tor onion routing service for Android.
***Expert Root Mode***
★ UNIVERSAL MODE: Orbot can be configured to transparently proxy all of your Internet traffic through Tor. You can also choose which specific apps you want to use through Tor.
***We Love Feedback***
★ ABOUT US: Guardian Project is a group of developers that make secure mobile apps and open-source code for a better tomorrow.
★ OUR WEBSITE: https://GuardianProject.info
★ ON TWITTER: https://twitter.com/guardianproject
★ OPEN-SOURCE: Orbot is free software. Take a look at our source code, or join the community to make it better: https://gitweb.torproject.org/orbot.git
★ ABOUT TOR: https://TorProject.org
★ MESSAGE US: Are we missing your favorite feature? Found an annoying bug? We’d love to hear from you! Send us an email: email@example.com
★ HELP US BRING ORBOT TO YOUR COUNTRY: We’re trying to get Orbot into as many languages as possible. Right now it’s in: Arabic (العربية), Basque (Euskara), Bulgarian (български език), Chinese (中文简体), Czech (Čeština), Danish (Dansk), Dutch (Nederlands), English, Farsi (فارسی), French (Français), French (Français), German (Deutsch), Greek (Ελληνικά), Hebrew (עברית), Hungarian (Magyar Nyelv), Italian (Italiano), Japanese (日本語) Korean (조선말), Latvian (Latviešu), Malaysian (بهاس ملايو ), Polish (Polski), Portuguese (Português), Russian (Русский), Spanish (Español), Swedish (Svensk), and Vietnamese (Tiếng Việt).
If Orbot isn’t in your language yet, we’d love to have you join our translation team: https://goo.gl/6hni4
The Guardian Project makes apps that are designed to protect your security and anonymity. The protocols that we use are widely regarded as the state of the art in security technology. While we are constantly upgrading our software to combat the latest threats and eliminate bugs, no technology is 100% foolproof. For maximum security and anonymity users must utilize best practices to keep themselves safe. You can find a good introductory guide to these topics at https://securityinabox.org
UPDATES: You may have noticed I haven't updated this for ages. Sorry. I bought a Nexus 4 and so I don't need this any more and don't have motivation to update it. A possible alternative is TextSecure which is free and based on the same code as this, plus it encrypts your texts!
This is the stock messaging (SMS & MMS) app from Android 4.1 Jellybean! The biggest improvements Google made in Jellybean are a new widget, photos in the notifications and a better recipient interface.
Remember to disable your existing SMS app's notifications or you will get two notifications for each message.
Please test the app to make sure it can send and receive messages correctly before relying on it! Test it a lot! Also if you are upgrading from the ICS version, PLEASE read the recent changes.
If you appreciate this and my other totally free stock apps, consider sending me some money (via paypal)! I'm poor and hungry and it takes a long time to do this!
* Some incomplete phone numbers in the ComposeMessageActivity are deleted when you go to enter the message. I found the cause of this but there is not much I can do.
* Contact photos may not sync properly. According to one user this is expected behaviour and it is basically Facebook's fault.
* Widget is flickery when it loads. I looked into it. Can't find problem; may be Samsung's bug since it doesn't happen in emulator.
* Widget "Show more conversations" button goes to the compose message activity instead of the message list. This is very weird.
* SMS notifications might be unreliable for you. Test it a lot!
* MMS doesn't work at all right now.
Be sure no one else can see your mobile messages. Use surespot and everything you send can only be read by the person you sent it to. Period. Everything sent using surespot is end-to-end encrypted with symmetric-key encryption (256 bit AES-GCM) using keys created with 521 bit ECDH shared secret derivation, but you wont notice because security in surespot is built-in, not a layer over something else. Be confident sending private information and pictures, you have control over your messages, when you delete a sent message it will be removed from the receiver's phone and images are not shareable unless you make them so. Multiple identities allow you to be who you want with just who you want, and if anyone gets annoying you can block them. Surespot does not require or store your phone number or email address and we don't mine your data, no advertisements here!
Surespot uses your mobile data plan and Wi-Fi so you don’t get texting charges, especially important for those friends in other countries.
Surespot is OPEN SOURCE software, this creates transparency and invites peer review so you can be confident in our claims. If you wish to contribute/review you can find us on GitHub listed under 'surespot'.
We always appreciate your feedback and questions. Please contact us
Keywords: encrypted chat, encrypted messages, encrypted messenger, encryption, privacy, private chat, secure messenger, secure chat, 256 AES, ECDH, open source, instant messenger, IM.
This software uses code of FFmpeg (http://ffmpeg.org) licensed under the LGPLv2.1 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.1.htm) and its source can be found here-https://github.com/surespot/android