Ever been frustrated at bus schedules? Ever get frustrated that the buses never come on time? Why not just plan your transportation around Pittsburgh based on realtime tracking! We have just added features for displaying bus stops and time estimations!
PAT Track, or PAT Realtime Tracker, tracks the public transit in Pittsburgh, PA. Port Authority has released their realtime tracking API from this website (http://realtime.portauthority.org/bustime/home.jsp). This means that the data we relay to you is official. Port Authority now tracks 92 buses in Pittsburgh!
Recent news will be posted on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PATRealtimeTracker
DISCLAIMER: We are not responsible for which buses and routes are being tracked as we are only getting the information from Port Authority. If a certain route or bus is not on our app, this is most likely not our fault but of Port Authority. If the map is empty, please report this to our Play Store email or create an issue on our Github above immediately.
• android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - This is required to Center the App's location on you.
• android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - Same deal as above but with more accuracy.
• android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - This is to see whether or not the app has data on (required for Google Maps and the Port Authority Bus locations)
• android.permission.INTERNET - This is used to be able to retrieve data for Google Maps and the Port Authority API
• android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Bus Icons are png images on storage. Without this, the buses will not appear the app will crash.
• android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Google Maps caching purposes as well as ability to save the app on the external storage. Without this, the app crashes
• com.google.android.providers.gsf.permission.READ_GSERVICES - This is used to be able to actually use Google Maps in our app.
- Get real time arrivals for most routes and stops in Pittsburgh's Port Authority system.
- Automatically find nearby stops using GPS, or search by name.
- Track individual busses and see their current location in real time.
- Save your favorite locations for quick access.
- View detailed information about arriving vehicles like their size and vehicle number.
Just pick your departure and destination point and get a list of suggested routes including all the transfers and scheduled departure/arrival times sorted by the time of departure. You can then view detailed information of the routes, display them on a map etc.
- Fast offline trip planning
- Advanced search parameters ("via" stations, transport modes, etc.)
- Searching routes on a map
- Searching lines by name
- Favorite routes
- Automatic timetables updates (over Wi-Fi)
- "Holo" design
- ... and much more
- 1-year or lifetime license fee
- 1 month trial license to try out all the features for free.
Feedback, requests? Please email us at email@example.com
To use the app simply
1. Choose up to 10 routes from list of available routes.
2. Choose up to 10 stops from list of available stops, or use the map to select stops.
3. View your predicted bus arrival time (within 30 minutes) or view all bus locations using the map view.
Need help or have a question/comment? Email info@BusPGH.com
Like the app and find it useful? Want to help support further development? Tell your friends and fellow riders!
Reproduced with permission granted by Port Authority of Allegheny County (PAAC). The information has been provided by means of a nonexclusive, limited, and revocable license granted by PAAC. PAAC does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, or usefulness of any information. PAAC provides this information "as is" without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and assumes no responsibility for anyone's use of the information
★Google Play Picks★
★NYC MTA App Quest Award Winner★
★Awarded Official App of Toronto Transit Commission — TTC/blogTO★
★Editor's Choice - PCMag★
Transit works in most large North American cities and select cities in Europe (see list below).
- Know at a glance when your next subway or bus is arriving (including real-time predictions!)*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease (includes all transit modes – bus, subway, metro, uber, car2go, train, streetcar, light rail, and ferry).
- See exactly where your bus or train is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries (even offline!)
- Favorite your most important routes.
- Save home/work locations for quicker trip planning.
- See bike share stations on the map.
- Find and reserve nearby car2go's
- Check ETAs for the closest Uber and request a ride.
*Wherever real-time info is available.
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus"
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Clearly beats other transit apps in every way. Totally changed my transit experience."
“Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke.”
See below for a PARTIAL list of supported agencies and cities (full list: http://transitapp.com/regions)
Ann Arbor: The Ride, UM Transit, ArborBike
Atlanta: MARTA*, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro*, B-cycle
Boston: MBTA*, Hubway
Chicago: CTA*, Metra, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro, TANK
Columbus: COTA, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Denver: RTD, B-cycle
Grand Rapids: The Rapid*
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit
Kansas City: KCATA
Las Vegas: RTC
Los Angeles: LA Metro*, Metrolink, OCTA*, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance, Foothill*, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline*
Madison: Metro*, B-cycle
Miami: MDT, BCT, Citi Bike
Milwaukee: MCTS*, Bublr Bikes
Minneapolis: Metro Transit*, MVTA, Plymouth*, SouthWest*, U. Minnesota*, Nice Ride
Nashville: MTA & RTA
New Orleans: NORTA*
NYC Metro: New York MTA*, Metro-North (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NJ Transit (NJT)*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, Citi Bike
Philadelphia: SEPTA*, PATCO
Phoenix: Valley Metro*
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)*
Sacramento: SRT, Roseville
SLC: UTA*, GREENbike
San Antonio: VIA
San Diego: MTS, NCTD*
SF Bay Area: SF BART*, SF MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, SamTrans, Bay Area Bike Share
Seattle: Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Pronto
Tampa Bay: HART*, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus)*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington (ART)*, Fairfax Connector, VRE*, DASH, Capital Bike Share
Montréal: STM, RTL, STL*, AMT*, MRC, CIT, Bixi
Ottawa: OC Transpo*
Toronto (GTA): TTC*, GO, York (YRT/VIVA)*, Guelph, Hamilton Street Railway(HSR)*, Grand River (GRT), Brampton (BT), MiWay, Burlington, Oakville, Toronto Bike Share
Vancouver: TransLink*, SkyTrain*
Victoria: BC Transit
*Uses real-time for some or all routes (eg bus time & subway time in NYC, bus tracker & train tracker in Chicago, Next Bus in Boston, etc)
A great replacement for the discontinued HopStop app!
Key Features of the Pittsburgh Taxi, Taxi Hail application include:
• Book a reservation in as few as 3 clicks
• Get a fare estimate by entering both pick-up and destination addresses
• Receive a confirmation number for your reservation immediately on booking
• Receive notifications including vehicle number once your reservation has been dispatched
• Monitor the progress of your vehicle on a map
• Create a list of favorite addresses and assign a custom name for each
• Specify the number of passengers, vehicle type and preferred payment method
• Review all reservations you have made over the past 30 days
• Provide feedback related to the application and/or service you received
• Call Pittsburgh Taxi with the push of a button
To begin using the Pittsburgh Taxi, Taxi Hail application today:
• Download the free app
• Create an account (Email, Name, Phone # and Password)
• Validate your account (via the confirmation email you receive)
• Login to the app (Email & Password)
• Enter your pick-up address
• Enter your destination address (this allows us to provide an estimated fare amount)
• Book your trip (reservations can be immediate or for a future time/date)
On booking a reservation, you will immediately receive a confirmation number, along with an update when your vehicle has been assigned. From here you can monitor the progress of your vehicle as it moves towards your pick-up location.
The Pittsburgh Taxi, Taxi Hail application retains a history of your previous reservations (up to 30 days) for expense management and to quickly rebook the same trip with the push of a button. You may also create a list of favorite locations (Home, Work, etc.) to speed the booking process.
You can also customize your orders by selecting the number of passengers, preferred vehicle type, and preferred method of payment. These preferences can be saved to your account profile for future bookings.
At Pittsburgh Taxi, your comfort and safety are our top priorities! Let us know how we can serve you better by providing feedback via the Pittsburgh Taxi, Taxi Hail application or by calling 412-322-5080.
We look forward to adding many exciting new features to the Pittsburgh Taxi, Taxi Hail application in the months ahead, and are always interested in what you have to say!
The schedules are always current and since updates to the schedules are done server-side no updates to the app are needed in order to receive the most up-to-date transit information.
- Access to all stops and routes from all supported transit agencies
- Filter by agency, type (bus, rail, etc.), date, location, stop name and route information
- Favorites for quick, direct access to specified stops
- Complete trip mapping with timetables
- Real-time alert system
Valley Metro (Phoenix)
Bay Area Rapid Transit - BART
Golden Gate Transit - GGT
Metro (Los Angeles)
Orange County - OCTA
San Diego MTS
San Francisco MTA
San Joaquin Regional
Santa Rosa CityBus
Stanford Marguerite Shuttle
Mountain Metro (Colorado Springs)
CT Transit (Hartford, Meriden, New Britain, Bristol, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury)
Washington Metropolitan Area - WMATA
Hillsborough (Tampa) - HART
Atlanta - MARTA
Chatham - CAT
Chicago - CTA
Champaign-Urbana - CUMTD
Indianapolis - IndyGo
Transit Authority of River City (Louisville) - TARC
New Orleans - NORTA
Baltimore - MTA
Massachusetts Bay (Boston) - MBTA
Lansing - CATA
University of Michigan
Metro (Minneapolis, Saint Paul)
Kansas City - KCATA
Metro (St. Louis)
Port Authority of NY & NJ - PANYNJ
ABQ Ride (Albuquerque)
Capital District (Albany) - CDTA
MTA Long Island Rail Road - LIRR
MTA Metro-North Railroad
MTA New York City Bus (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island, Bus Company)
MTA NYC Subway
Niagara Frontier (Buffalo) - NFTA
Port Authority of NY & NJ - PANYNJ
RTC Southern Nevada (Las Vegas)
RTC Washoe County (Reno)
Capital Area (Raleigh) - CAT
Durham - DATA
Triangle Transit + Express
Wave Transit (Wilmington)
Central Ohio (Columbus) - COTA
Southwest Ohio (Cincinnati) - SORTA
Lane Transit (Eugene) - LTD
Port Authority of Allegheny County (Pittsburgh) - PAAC
South Eastern PA (Philadelphia) - SEPTA
Clemson - CAT
Capital Metro (Austin)
Dallas - DART
MTA of Harris County (Houston)
Sun Metro (El Paso)
VIA Metropolitan (San Antonio)
Charlottesville - CAT
Intercity Transit - Olympia
Metro - King County (Seattle)
Spokane - STA
Milwaukee County - MCTS
NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR
Metrobus (St. John's)
Grand River Transit (Waterloo) - GRT
Hamilton Street Railway
OC Transpo (Ottawa)
Toronto - TTC
York Region / Viva - YRT
Agence métropolitaine de transport - AMT
Réseau de transport de la Capitale (RTC), de Longueuil
Société de transport de Montréal (Montreal) (STM), de Laval (STL)
Ville de Sainte-Julie
Request any other agency by sending me an email.