Note: If you are using MIT App Inventor version 1 (found at beta.appinventor.mit.edu) you should use the MIT AI Companion instead of this program. Both can be present on your phone at the same time.
The App Inventor Companion lets you see how your App works as you build it.
More information is at http://appinventor.mit.edu
Note that this application has a lot of permissions because it has to be able to do any operation that you can write apps to do.
The MIT Press is a university press based at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Its publications include scholarly, professional, and general interest books in science, social science, and the humanities. We also publish scholarly journals. MIT Press publications are written and produced for an international audience of scholars, practitioners, and general readers. The Press strives to deliver publications that are attractive, affordable, and accessible to a growing community of readers worldwide.
While this app performs simple keyword searches only, that might be all you need to find something interesting. Plus, it display search results--the top 20 returned by OCW Search--in a list . . . and who doesn't like lists? If you need advanced search features or demand the ability to look through pages of search results, consider visiting www.ocwsearch.com. Otherwise, Have fun, and remember, it's free.
*OCW Search is an independent entity, separate from the OpenCourseWare Consortium (newly renamed the Open Education Consortium). So, it may not be what you would think of as "the real deal," but at least its API works!
My Open Courses videos are accompanied by subject notes, assignments and reference material that will help students to have a complete overview of the subject. Videos are offered in 2 different formats - for low bandwidths as well high speed connections. The videos are compatible with low end Android phones and the application delivers videos based on the mobile hardware.
If the student watching the videos has any doubt with regards to the subject, they can easily ask questions to hundreds of subject matter experts available on the platform. Viewing the videos does not require registration, if you want to ask questions or follow questions asked by other students, a 10 second user registration is required. You can use twitter, facebook, Google or LinkedIn ID to register as well.
Here is the best part - My Open Courses Videos can be downloaded on your mobile as well as Tablet completely free of cost. So, if you dont want to see them streaming but want to view on your Desktop or PC at a later stage you can do that. All the videos after download can be viewed when you are not connected to the internet as well!
My Open Courses is an official partner of NPTEL, an initiative funded by NMEICT, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India that aims at bringing education to every student with the use of technology.
My Open Courses currently offers over 11,000 hours of videos categorized over 1300 subjects spread across 25 courses in all.
Here are the various courses offered:
Computer Science and Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Civil Engineering, Engineering Design, Electrical Engineering, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy and Material Science, Ocean Engineering, Physics, Textile, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Nanotechnology, Environmental Science, Mining Engineering, Automobile Engineering.
First version of My Open Courses App offers Free Videos, Free questions and answers module, follow questions, Bookmark Videos for later viewing, Video / assignment downloads and more. In future versions, we will soon be launching assignments and Free assessments offered by Industry experts and top academics.
*Frequently Asked Questions:*
1) How does My Open Courses differ from Khan Academy, MIT Courseware, Coursera, Udemy, eDx and other?
My Open Courses is launched under the same premise as in case of Khan Academy, MIT Courseware, Coursera, Udemy, eDx - that of offering quality education online. But My Open Courses differs in the way where videos and course material offered completely adheres to standard curriculum of Engineering, Management and other streams. On the other hand Khan Academy, MIT Open Courseware, and others have more of vocational subjects which may not be part of actual student curriculum.
How will MOC help students?
MOC will be of tremendous help to students in their existing studies and will help them get better marks. Students don't need to worry anymore about missing their classes at their School or College. They will have best academic minds teaching them on their mobile devices.
How can you offer these videos completely free of cost?
We are official partners of NPTEL, an initiative funded by NMEICT, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India allowing us to freely distribute the videos!
Free Video Courses, Educational Videos, higher education videos, online certification, millionlights
Cette application minimaliste vous explique comment créer facilement votre première application Android.
L'exemple contrôle l’état des broches 12 et 13 d’un module Arduino relié en bluetooth.
Matériel requis : Arduino UNO et module Bluetooth HC-05.
1. Télécharger les fichiers : http://chantier7.ca/arduino/MIT/
2. Programmer votre module arduino à l’aide du fichier Arduino_PCH.ino
Le module Bluetooth HC-05 ne doit pas être raccordé lors du téléversement du code.
3. Se connecter au site MIT App Inventor 2.
4. Importer le fichier bluetooth.aia et personnaliser votre projet à partir de cet exemple.
5. Créer votre votre APK personnalisée
Pinnacle, the seed for a college event was the beginning and now Tesla is the basis of an international fest. Running in its fourth year,TESLA the annual technical festival of MIT College Of Engineering, scheduled for 26th, 27th, 28th of February 2013,provides a common platform for the interaction and exchange of a variety of technical ideas; supplies the resources and energy to allow the fusion of ideas of the numerous branches.
Do you want to learn from these resources on the go from your smartphone or tablet?
Do you feel a need for a application to take notes while viewing your favorite videos, organize and make them accessible?
If yes, then meet Grace: Your mobile application for learning what you love - anywhere . anytime - Enabling the Genius in you.
Using Grace you can use rich pool of online videos from Youtube to learn / get inspired, simultaneously take notes and maintain them on your Google Drive account.
Learn from the best Universities, organizations, teachers and leaders in the world such as Marakana, Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseware, Google, Stanford, Oxford and numerous others based on your interest and area of study.
Learn business, mathematics, learn medicine, learn computer science - learn what you love. There is something to learn for everyone.
1.Take courses from leading teachers from best universities across the globe - Powered by Youtube Edu.
2.University, Primary and Secondary education courses
3. Khan Academy video tutorials
4.Learn anything by using Youtube Topic search to discover interesting videos and channels
5.Video player with Captions / subtitles
6.Favorites support for videos, courses and lectures.
7.Take notes for videos you watch and access them online - powered by Google Drive.
8.Easy access to Wikipedia - integrated direct wikipedia look up for topics from videos.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY VALUABLE
Please share your your valuable feedback and ideas through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or post them on Google+ Community Page:
Download videos for offline viewing.
View some of the courses offered by some of the best Universities/Organizations in the world under one roof.
Courses are organized as playlists of subjects/courses.
Save links to your favorite videos for quick access and later reference.
Optimized for an enhanced mobile performance.
NPTEL-An IIT/IISc Initiative
The New Boston
Note: All downloads will be saved automatically in the eduPort folder on the SD card.
Aperto a tutti, consente di sviluppare applicazioni utilizzando un browser web collegato direttamente sui server del MIT. (O.S. Windows, Mac, Linux).
Pur essendo su piattaforma Java, non serve conoscerne il linguaggio.
App Inventor lo scrive per noi quando, tramite un interfaccia grafica, assembliamo blocchi di codice preconfezionati assegnando "comportamenti" a componenti quali Pulsanti, Sprite, Sensori ecc.
Per testare le applicazioni è possibile usare un telefono o tablet con S.O. Android, oppure l'Emulatore fornito da App Inventor.
Il software scritto può essere distribuito anche sul Play Store di Google.
Vengono descritti gran parte dei componenti e blocchi di codice. Una guida in italiano presenta per ogni componente almeno un applicazione, commentata passo-passo.
Per ogni applicazione,oltre che la descrizione, sono mostrati graficamente i componenti, l'aspetto nell'emulatore, ed i blocchi dei comportamenti.
Coursera connects you with free online courses from 115+ of the top universities and educational institutions in the world including Stanford, Yale, Princeton and others. Browse our catalog, join courses and watch lectures from the world’s best instructors. Learn anytime, anywhere, in topics ranging from computer science to cooking and beyond.
Take free courses in subjects such as:
• Computer Programming, including Java, Android Apps and Python languages
• Data Science
• Entrepreneurship, Business, and Leadership
• Finance, Accounting, and Economics
• Machine Learning and Gamification
• Mathematics, including Calculus and Statistics
• Project Management
...and hundreds more.
Download Coursera to make education on your schedule: watch short, modular lectures during your commute, coffee break, or any time of your day.
• Learn from top instructors representing more than 115 partner institutions, including leading US and global universities
• Browse over 800 courses in more than 25 subject areas, from mathematics to music to medicine
• On-Demand courses, which let you learn at your own pace
• Stream lecture videos online any time, or download for offline viewing
• Join courses and sign up for upcoming course notifications
• Easily pick up where you left off in a course, from the Coursera.org website seamlessly to the mobile app
• Verified Certificates, which prove your course accomplishments, can be supplementarily purchased on Coursera.org
• Courses in 12 languages including over 500 in English, and over 100 in Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Russian
• Subtitles available in all courses' native language, with nearly all offering English subtitles, and other languages when available
Some of our most popular courses include:
• An Introduction to Interactive Programming in Python (Rice)
• An Introduction to Operations Management (UPenn, Wharton School of Business)
• Algorithms (Princeton)
• Android Programming (University of Maryland and Vanderbilt)
• Cryptography (Stanford)
• Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship (University of Maryland)
• Machine Learning (Stanford)
• Model Thinking (University of Michigan)
• Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence (Case Western Reserve)
• Introduction to Finance (University of Michigan)
• R Programming (Johns Hopkins)
• The Data Scientist’s Toolbox (Johns Hopkins)
• Think Again: How to Reason and Argue (Duke)
• Social Psychology (Wesleyan)
On-Demand allows for ultimate learning flexibility in courses such as:
• Age of Jefferson (UVA)
• Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life (Edinburgh)
• Child Nutrition and Cooking (Stanford)
• Chinese for Beginners (Peking University)
• Competitive Strategy (LMU)
• Introduction to Sustainable Development (Columbia)
• Introduction to Public Speaking (Wesleyan)
• Calculus One (The University of Ohio)
• Get Organized: How to be a Together Teacher (Relay Graduate School of Education)
• Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills (University of Michigan)
Download the Coursera app today and keep learning without limits.
Now get early access to the next version of Coursera by joining our Android Beta Program! Click here for details: https://beta.coursera.community/hc/en-us.
• Learn programming ( Linux, Python, Java, C+ , Scratch & more) from Harvard & MIT professors.
• Take college classes in Business, Statistics, Nutrition, Health, AI, Big Data, Cybersecurity, & Robotics.
• Prep for AP biology, physics & math exams.
• Get training & tutorials in Entrepreneurship & Leadership
• Expand your mind with classes on Happiness & Alien Worlds.
• Sign up online at edX.org and then use this mobile companion app to watch free video lectures on the go.
• Stream class videos via Wi-Fi or cellular connection
• Download videos to watch anytime
• View course announcements and handouts
• Follow along course videos with closed captions
• Education and tutorials on your schedule
edX is non profit offering Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) to students, teachers, homeschoolers, high school students preparing for college, anyone looking to improve skills for professional and continuing education. Anyone who wants a free education & loves learning will enjoy watching classes and tutorials in this free learning app.
Get mobile access to over 300 courses in subjects like:
Business and Management
English Composition and Language
High School Math
Programming (Python, Linux, Java)
Preparation for AP Exams
"Learning on the go! Beautiful design, clean, easy to use. The ability to download lectures and view offline is just great if you want to study during a commute. I really enjoyed this app and the effort that was put into making it. This works smoothly and seamlessly as compare to other online course apps I have tried. Flawless experience across platform."
-(Vishal G.) ★★★★★
There are more than 60 edX courses available on the edX mobile app, with more being added each day.
Courses available on the edX app:
• Harvard University – Introduction to Computer Science
• Boston University – Preparing for the AP* Physics1 Exam
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 101: Who is your customer?
• MIT – Entrepreneurship 102: What can you do for your customer?
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam Part 2: Populations
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 2: Electricity and Magnetism
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – The Road to Selective College Admissions
• McGill University – Natural Disasters
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 3: Evolution and Diversity
• School Yourself – Introduction to Algebra
• School Yourself – Introduction to Geometry
• St. Margaret’s Episcopal School – Advanced Spanish Language and Culture
• California Institute of Technology – Pricing Options with Mathematical Models
• Georgetown University – Preparing for the AP* Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism Exam
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Part 1
• Cooper Union – Preparing for the AP* Chemistry Exam – Part 1
• Weston High School – On-Ramp to AP* Physics C: Mechanics
• Delft University of Technology – Pre-University Calculus
• UC Berkeley – The Beauty and Joy of Computing (CS Principles), Part 1
• UC Berkeley – Preparing for the AP* Computer Science A Exam – Level Up! Part 1
• Boston University – Alien Worlds: The Science of Exoplanet Discovery and Characterization
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Biology Exam – Part 2: Genetics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Physics 2 Exam – Part 3: Optics and Modern Physics
• Rice University – Preparing for the AP* Environmental Science Exam – Part 3: Pollution and Resources
• MIT – Circuits and Electronics
• Delft University of Technology – Solar Energy
• MIT – A Global History of Architecture – Part 1
Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, continue your education, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy has a course to help you get there and get there faster.
When you download the Udemy App, you’ll join over 4,000,000 people who have already made the decision to accelerate their lives by taking a Udemy course.
What can you learn on Udemy?
Udemy’s expert instructors have built thousands of courses on...
✔ Programming (java, python, php, ruby, and more)
✔ Cake Decorating
… and everything in between!
We know you’re busy. And that’s why every course on Udemy is available on demand, 24 / 7, so you can learn when and where you want.
With the Udemy app, you can squeeze in a few lectures on your commute. Or before bed. Or during lunch. Or just whenever you can find the time.
But whatever you do - Don’t Stop Learning!
Install the Udemy app now and start learning something new today.
- You can discover thousands of on-demand, online courses and tutorials.
- You can watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles, and anything inside your course.
- You can watch your course offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
WHAT ARE PEOPLE SAYING ABOUT UDEMY?
"Udemy’s online classes give you the freedom to study when and where you like with no time limits. Perfect for a busy entrepreneur like me!"
- (Wayne P.) ★★★★★
"Getting a new career (at my age) can be quite challenging. With Udemy, I’m learning real web development techniques that have helped me make the jump!"
- (Brian M.) ★★★★★
"I got the job! I’m starting a new career in communications, but it’s been tough because I don’t have the hard skills that people are looking for. So I started learning video editing on Udemy... and guess what? Last week I finally landed a video production job!"
- (Qin L.) ★★★★★