Modeling and Simulation (M&S) is a relatively new discipline that not only seeks answers to unique questions, but also supports many fields of study ranging from social sciences to engineering. M&S Cube, in support of STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education and M&S entrepreneurship, provides a point of reference for all things M&S serving parents, counselors and young adults considering M&S as a choice for a career while also serving entrepreneurs considering M&S a field of investment. M&S Cube provides a comprehensive view of areas of application, organizations, and varied resources to engage young minds into STEM education by exploring a discipline that supports many STEM fields of study.
M&S Cube has six main components:
1. M&S 101: It provides a brief overview of what M&S is including a list of definitions of basic terms.
2. Global: It provides geo-location of organizations, from corporations to universities, engaging in M&S activities. Updated constantly.
3. M&S Markets: Based on the NAICS (North American Industry Classification) coding, we explore how M&S is applied to these different industries. Samples of companies, educational centers, and commercial products (among others) by industry are provided.
4. Resources: A compendium of M&S related information sources: ranging from sites of interest, to books and software for the curious mind.
5. M&S Today: Giving you daily M&S related news and jobs postings.
6. Support Information: Take a look at the lower bar for information about the app and about VMASC.