The Purdue Turf Doctor app was developed by experts at Purdue University to help homeowners and land managers diagnose and address turfgrass problems caused by a variety of factors including weeds, insects, diseases, nuisance animals and abiotic stress. Turfgrass management professionals and garden center personnel can also use this app to improve communication with their customers and build customer confidence. Information in this app is most useful in the Midwestern and Eastern United States, but may also be useful for diagnosing and managing turfgrass disorders in other regions of North America.
Features: - Quick access to the latest science-based recommendations from Purdue University experts on how to manage over 135 turfgrass disorders.
- Identify turfgrass disorders by matching patterns, symptoms and signs to hundreds of high-resolution photos.
- Check diagnoses with detailed descriptions of damage and stages of problem development linked to each photo.
- Search for information on specific disorders by common or scientific name.
- Use integrated filters to refine diagnoses by problem type, time of year, turfgrass species, field pattern, symptoms, signs, weed type, flower color, weed growth habit and weed life cycle.
- Easily create and add problems to your favorites list for quick reference later.
- Automatically view a list of your most recent searches.
Bug Fix - Added alert box to prompt for image permissions necessary for app to function correctly