This app has support for 3D themes meaning that you can select another kind o style of compass, including other interesting objects such as the aiming cube or the XYZ arrows.
Marine Compass can also display your location using GPS. In that case latitude and longitude will be displayed under the heading display.
It is also possible to extend Marine Compass with the optional augmented reality plugin, which will display the camera preview under the compass..
This compass app has no ad and does not require permission except LOCATION for the GPS feature. Enjoy !
Long tap on the compass will display the settings screen.
*** READ THIS PLEASE ***
accuracy depends on the hardware, please use a calibration tool designed for your device whenever the displayed direction seems wrong or not accurate.
The Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a maritime transponder/receiver system defined by the IMO (International Maritime Organisation).
AIS main objectives are to improve maritime safety and to protect the maritime environment.
•assists collision avoidance (AIS ship-to-ship)
•enables ports and coastal states to identify ships and to manage and supervise the traffic in their waters (AIS Coast station, VTS)
•helps to resolve the difficulty of identifying ships when not in sight (e.g. at night, in radar blind arcs or shadows or at distance)
By means of special VHF transceiver cruise data will be exchanged in short terms automatically. The treatment has a worldwide standard and runs every where. So vessels who use AIS devices from different companies will „see“ each other.
AIS enables to view over obstacles and complements radar. Acording to the antenna instalation hight an AIS station has got a transmission range about 20 to 30 nautical miles.
With the “easyAIS” app by the Weatherdock AG, all AIS targets within range are displayed relative to the user's position.
Main screen after starting the app is a virtual radar screen showing the AIS targets in relative position to you
Just tapping the screen on an AIS target brings you to a list with all transmitted details of this target, e.g. GPS position, corse over ground, speed over ground, ship name, call sign, length, width, draft, port of registration …
“easyAIS” works by getting AIS data via WiFi from the AIS receiver or transceiver aboard. Without a running AIS
“easyAIS” should not be used for navigational purposes!
No matter which region you're in, Marine Mate has local information such as speed limits, mooring zones, towing access lanes, boat ramp locations, local area notices and tides right at your finger tips.
Need to find a nearby boat ramp? See when the high tide is? By tapping on the 'My Location' button, the app shows nearby zones that as a responsible boatie, you should know of. The 'area notices' button brings in the very latest notices for the region, keeping you up to speed with what's happening in the region.
When you create a ship particular list, you can export extra copy of the ship particular list to a separate file and stored it in a SD Card.
Fleet, Container, Vessel, Liner, Ships, Navigation, Cargo, TEU, bulk cargo, Cargo cranes, Lashing, Flag, Freight, Ports, 20-foot, 40-foot, 45-foot, Feeder, Cargo holds, Ocean, MV, Call Sign, IMO, LOA, dock, Marine, Mariner, Seaman, Captain, Master, Ch Mate, Ch Eng, Bosun, AB, OS, Steward, 2nd Mate, 2nd Eng, bow thruster.
The MLW app allows users organized in engaged communities to set-up events and conduct surveys on items found on the beach. It uses a European master list of marine litter items. These are items currently found on Europe’s beaches, for example, various plastic items, cigarette butts, bottles, fishing materials, etc. The data submitted through the app is stored in a public central database hosted by the EEA. It is then made available through the EEA website for national authorities, research and society at large. With time, the public data collected by MLW should allow for a better understanding of marine litter distribution and composition, and thus support its management.
MLW has been developed by the EEA in collaboration with the Marine Conservation Society, the Institute for Water of the Republic of Slovenia, the North Sea Foundation and the PERSEUS FP7 research project.
So you will need an active GPS connection for the app work.
You can use this app with bike smartphone holder and anything else, especially HUD with your car.
HUD means Head Up Display.
It shows you total distance, trip meter, max and current speed.
Kilometers(km/h), miles(mph) and Nautical mile(kts,knots,kn) are supporeted in this app.
NOTE: Due to phone GPS limitation, It may not work well in cloudy weather or indoor places.
And I don't guarantee that it shows accurate data because of GPS errors.
This app is extremely useful to have handy to have on your boat or vessel in case of emergency. While simple in design, the app comes equipped with a flashlight, a bow light simulator, a S.O.S. strobe light, and the ability to instantly share your location via text or email.
* Emergency Flashlight: From the moment the app is activated, the emergency flashlight is turned on. Just tap the flashlight button to turn it off/on.
* Emergency Bow Light Simulator: Tap the Bow Light button and activate a red/green bow light simulator. This is extremely useful if your bow lights are not working, and each color is individually labeled: Starboard (green) and Port (red).
* Emergency S.O.S.: Tap the SOS Strobe to activate the emergency S.O.S. signal, and others should be alerted that you may be in need of assistance.
* Emergency Locator: Tap the locator button and your coordinates/location can instantly be delivered via text or email. This feature is extremely useful if your vessel is broken down in an area where you are unsure of your location.
This is the newly updated free app provided by MMC (Mooring Marine Consultancy) especially designed for marine cargo surveyors and deck officers on oiltankers to help with cargo calculations.
If you would like the full version, which contains both 1980 and 2004 ASTM tables, as well as LPG/NGL calculations and much more, please take a look at "Oil Calculator Pro" by MooringMarineConsultancy instead! Please see the link here: http://bit.ly/1i9xQd5
Calculator for oil enhanced replaces the old Calculator for Oil app which can no longer be updated. The new app does NOT contain any ads or other 'noise', and it is TOTALLY FREE just like the old one.
NEWLY ADDED FEATURES:
On request the following features have been added:
- Table 53 (A, B, D) for converting observed density to density at 15 deg C.
- Background and text colors are now customisable, in the settings screen.
All tables exactly match ASTM 1980 table values
- Calculate using either table 6A/6B/6D or 54A/54B/54D
- Calculate Metric Tons in Air using Table 56 or using (density in vacuo - 11 points)
- Conversion of API and density using table 3 instead of formulas
NOW ALSO AVAILABE FOR THE iPHONE IN THE APPSTORE: http://bit.ly/YvpDpv
The app uses the ASTM tables (1980) and formulas to calculate weights and volumes based on entered density@15 or API, observed volume and temperature, and calculates the following:
- Volume correction factor (to number of decimals of your own choice)
- Metric tons (vacuum)
- Metric tons (air)
- GSV (M3 @15)
- BBLS (@60)
Furthermore, the app can convert API to density @15 and vice versa.
Precision for VCF, GSV, MTons, LTons and Bbls can be changed using a settings screen. Settings are saved in the app so that when you use the app next time it will calculate with your chosen settings.
The app can calculate for crude oil, black and white products and lubrication oils, and input can be changed between density in vacuum / API, M3 and Barrels, and degrees Celsius / Fahrenheit.
Now also with settings to switch between calculation using ASTM Table 6A / 6B /6D (especially for US) and ASTM Table 54A / 54B, and an option to calculate Metric Tons in air using either Table 56 or (dens in vacuo - 11 points).
If you like the app, please rate, and submit any request for changes/improvements using the comments section in Google Play.
Like us on facebook! http://on.fb.me/12lwGrN
The beautiful Material Design user interface allows for quick and easy conversions from a number in one unit to another. The goal is to keep it simple - you won't be overwhelmed with an excess of options and settings, allowing you to perform your desired conversion as quickly as possible. Perfect for work, school or in the kitchen.
Available unit conversions include:
- Temperature (celsius, fahrenheit, kelvin, etc)
- Length (kilometer, miles, meter, yard, feet, etc)
- Mass/Weight (kilogram, pound, ounce, ton, stone, etc)
- Speed (km/h, mph, knot, etc)
- Area (square kilometer, square mile, hectare, acre, etc)
- Cooking Volume (teaspoon, tablespoon, cup, pint, quart, ounce, etc)
- Pressure (kilopascal, bar, PSI, etc)
- Power (watt, kilowatt, horsepower, etc)
- Energy (joule, calorie, BTU, etc)
- Time (year, month, day, hour, second, etc)
- Fuel Consumption (miles per gallon, liters per 100km, etc)
- Digital Storage (bit, byte, megabytes, gigabytes, etc)
**PLEASE NOTE** - The only permission requested is for the DONATE option... if you don't wish to donate, nothing will change, you won't be charged anything and you can continue to use the app as normal :)
- Use the slide-in menu for navigation between conversions and select the units you require. To open the slide-in menu, swipe in from the left edge of the app, or press the app icon in the top left corner. You can also swipe left-to-right to switch between conversions.
- The converted value is fully customizable. Use the options menu to select the number of decimal places required as well as the grouping and decimal separators. You can also swipe left-to-right to switch between conversions.
- Long-pressing on the converted value copies it to the clipboard.
No ads and no permissions required! If you run into trouble or have suggestions for new features please feel free to email me.
AASpeedometer is an advanced speedometer application that uses the mobile device's built-in GPS system to show your current, maximum, and average speed, as well as your direction, total distance, time traveled, and much more. Keep track of your location and speed simultaneously while driving, running, or biking with our innovative multi-view display.
Improved Accuracy* - A GPS-based speedometer often exceeds the accuracy of a car speedometer.
Multiple Views - Choose from five (seven for the plus version) different skins including our featured Compass view.
HUD Mode - Mirror the display to see your speed reflected on your windshield when you place your phone on your car's dashboard
Speed & Distance Updates - Hear your current speed and/or driving distance.
Speed Alerts - Set up to three alerts that will notify you when you go over a preset speed.
Detailed Route & Statistics Summary Reports - Record your traveled route and speed at any given point. (Two weeks trial)
Unit Systems - Displays in kilometers, miles, or nautical miles.
Acceleration Test - Supports zero to sixty mph and zero to quarter mile time tests. (Two weeks trial)
Save Your Location - Save and find your way back to your current location at a stop or on the go (Two weeks trial).
Google Navigation with Speed Display - Check your speed while using Google navigation. (Two weeks trial)
Import & Export Data. - Save to or load your data from an SD card.
GPX and KML Track Export - Export your saved routes through e-mail.
* Accuracy may depend on mobile device hardware , weather conditions, obstructions, and the visibility of satellites.
The current version will show ads. Please visit our sponsor's ads from time to time to support our development.
Want more features and no ads? AA Speedometer Plus is the answer:
We welcome your comments, suggestions, or bug reports. You can contact us at email@example.com.
Perfect as a distance tracker for walking, distance tracker for running, distance tracker for cycling, hiking or other outdoor distance-based activity. Or to just save a position/waypoint.
Easy to use:
Saving and sharing a GPS location/waypoint or a route has never been easier.
A lot of time is used to make the app as accurate as possible. That means that the distance the app reports
should be as correct as possible using advanced algorithms to read data from the GPS reciever in the phone.
(How accurate the app can be depends on the GPS receiver on the phone. In general
you might say that newer phones has better GPS recievers than old ones, and expensive phones has better GPS recievers than cheap phones.)
When using this app you get accurate data when you track your running, walking, cycling, biking, skiing, hiking etc.
By using advanced algorithms, operations that consumes battery is kept to a minimum.
By using the GPS in your Android phone you can track all your outdoor distance-based activity.
PS! Please send us an email if you experience errors or have suggestions to improvements
(email: solheimsoftware (a) gmail.com)
- Save GPS location/waypoint (longitude/latitude coordinates)
- Save route while you walk/run/hike/cycle/drive etc.
- Show your speed as Km/h, Mph or knot
- Show distance as meter and kilometer, miles or nautical miles
- Show your saved route or location in 4 different map types: satellite, hybrid, terrain and normal
- Show calories burned if activity is set to walking, running, cycling or hiking
- Shows average and max speed of a route
- Shows max and minimum altitude of a route
- Get list of saved GPS locations and routes.
- See your route in a map in the app.
- Get voice feedback (in english) during your activity about distance and time.
- Send saved GPS locations and routes in email (either as plain text or in KML-format).
- Share your saved location on Facebook/Twitter/Google+ etc. (depending of which social apps are installed on your phone).
- Shows your speed as you moves, works as a speedometer (select between Km/h, Mph or knot).
- Get map of current location if your phone are connected to internet. (Map may also show when not connected to internet if map is cached earlier on phone. Caching is done automatically. This is called offline maps.)
- Text in english or norwegian.
Works fine without internet connection. Also map may be shown without internet connection, ie offline maps
(depending if map tile is already download on sd-card, this is done automatically).
PS! If your GPS signal is poor, the distance in a recorded GPS route or GPS location may be inaccurate.
The better GPS signal you have, the more accurate distance and location you get.
PS! Recorded tracks have a max duration of 6 hours. After 6 hours of recording recording will stop.
Example of use of GPS Location Recorder:
- As a sports tracker when walking, jogging, running etc.
- As a training log for all your outdoor distance-based activity.
- As a ski tracker and snowboard tracker to keep track of your ski and snowboard runs
- As a sailing tracker, a GPS tracker for your sailing tour
- As a way of locating a secret spot you find (blueberries spot, metal detector spot. fishing spot).
- Simply as a GPS speedometer while you drive, sit on the bus, train etc.
For information about how to improve accuracy in the app, see:
Do you have questions or comments please send an email to solheimsoftware [at] gmail.com
Made in Oslo, Norway.
Fast and simple conversion of:
- length units (e.g. conversion from cm into inch)
- distance (e.g. conversion from km into m or yd)
- volume (e.g. conversion from l into m³ or fl ouz)
- mass (e.g. conversion from kg into lb)
- temperature (e.g. conversion from °C into °F)
- speed (e.g. conversion from km/h into mph or m/s)
- wind speed (conversion from bft into km/h)
- pressure (e.g. conversion from pa into bar)
- power output (e.g. conversion from kW into PS)
- fuel consumption (conversion from l/100 km into mpg)
The Bosch Unit Converter is a simple way to quickly convert between a variety of units.
The highlight: The Bosch Unit Converter is free of charge and ads.
This app is provided free of charge by Bosch Professional, the leading manufacturer of power tools for trade and industry.
Bosch Professional provides many other free digital tools for smartphone. We summarized these in the "Bosch Toolbox", the app with many useful tools for craftsmen and other professionals, including apps like the Pro-Flashlight.
Naturally all Bosch Professional apps are of the usual high Bosch quality.
Real Bosch! Real professional! Blue power tools: For trade and industry.