Sounds of Speech™ provides a comprehensive understanding of how, physiologically, each of the speech sounds of American English is formed. It includes animations, videos, and audio samples that describe the essential features of each of the consonants and vowels of American English. Sounds of Speech™ is especially useful for students studying English as a second language. Features include:
- A real-time animated articulatory diagram for each consonant and vowel.
- An annotated step-by-step description of how each speech sound is produced.
- Facial view video (not available for Android 2.2 and 2.3) and audio samples for each speech sound.
- Navigation that reflects the classification of consonants by manner, place or voicing and of vowels by tongue position.
- An interactive diagram of the articulatory anatomy.
- Ability to see and hear native speakers pronounce sound for each consonant and vowel.
(If you bought the version prior to Jan 2nd 2014 and would like an update to the newest version please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience )
-Manage your Library Account direct from your device
-Subscribe to a wide range of University and NUSU news channels
-Searchable Campus Map
-View your personal timetable
-Find the nearest available PC on campus
-Check your print credits
-Contact your staff
*** Detailed features list ***
* News Subscriptions/Notifications - Fully customise what news you receive from the University news channels. Topics include NUSU events, Sports, Careers and University News.
* Timetable -
All activities allow you to tap through to the campus map to show you where the activity occurs (only for currently compatible locations on campus)
Get your personal timetable and search for other modules or programme of study timetables
Get your personal timetable or search for modules, programmes of study or student timetables
* Find a PC - See the very latest PC cluster information in list or map form.
Sort PC cluster list by those nearest to your current location.
The list and map shows:
i) The number of PC's available at a cluster
ii) A simple traffic light system to show you its availability; red meaning currently booked or closed, amber meaning the cluster is going to be booked or close soon and green meaning the cluster has free PC's and is not booked, nor closing soon.
iii) Tap through links to a detailed explanation of a location's availability for the day including when a location closes or re-opens, what/when/how long the next booked activity is, what/when/how long any current booked activities are and how many PC's are available.
* Check print credit balance - one tap functionality to check your current print credit balance
Search buildings on campus to locate the nearest entrance, accessible entrance or food & drink venue.
Manage your library account direct from your app. See what items are ready to pick up, due back and overdue. You can also renew items too!
Search the Library Catalogue and Library Subject Guides
* Staff contacts - Simple, quick and easy search of staff members contact details, directly ring or email a staff member from the search results, save a staff member's phone number directly to your device's contacts list.
* Other University Apps - A list of other useful Android apps offered by the university, this will be updated as and when new apps are released.
* Feedback - What do you think of the app? Please use the feedback section of the app to send us any comments
* Scaled interface allowing a consistent experience on your phone and tablet
With this newly launched Mobile App, SAI members would get access to all the important information about the organization, and its events anytime, anywhere, on the go.
A Few Features of the SAI App:
• About SAI – what we do
• Annual Conference – all the information about the conference
• Events – check events schedule and add the ones you want to attend to your calendar
• Resources - For Administrators
• Professional Learning – Get to know of opportunities and resources for professional growth
• Click & Share SAI– Click pictures at events and share on social networks
In addition, there are many more exciting features to help you stay connected. Download the app today and access SAI in the palm of your hands!
• Residence Halls and Laundry Availability
• Dining Menus and Locations
• After Class Events
• Meet Me @ Iowa - connect with friends you meet at Iowa
• and more!
Information about On Iowa, including the ability to add On Iowa events to your calendar, is also available within the app.
During summer orientation, find schedules and resources for your orientation visit.