Sounds of Speech™ provides a comprehensive understanding of how, physiologically, each of the speech sounds of American English is formed. It includes animations, videos, and audio samples that describe the essential features of each of the consonants and vowels of American English. Sounds of Speech™ is especially useful for students studying English as a second language. Features include:
- A real-time animated articulatory diagram for each consonant and vowel.
- An annotated step-by-step description of how each speech sound is produced.
- Facial view video (not available for Android 2.2 and 2.3) and audio samples for each speech sound.
- Navigation that reflects the classification of consonants by manner, place or voicing and of vowels by tongue position.
- An interactive diagram of the articulatory anatomy.
- Ability to see and hear native speakers pronounce sound for each consonant and vowel.
(If you bought the version prior to Jan 2nd 2014 and would like an update to the newest version please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience )
• Residence Halls and Laundry Availability
• Dining Menus and Locations
• After Class Events
• Meet Me @ Iowa - connect with friends you meet at Iowa
• and more!
Information about On Iowa, including the ability to add On Iowa events to your calendar, is also available within the app.
During summer orientation, find schedules and resources for your orientation visit.