The Kentucky Historical Society explores the state’s history through its historical sites, markers, and landscapes. Find interesting people, places and events in Kentucky’s history, and take curated historical tours through regions and communities across the state. With a growing list of interpretive stories, beginning with the state’s historical markers, each point on the interactive GPS-enabled map includes historical information about the location, along with historic images from Kentucky’s archival collections and historical publications. Many sites also include short documentary videos or audio clips based on expert research or oral history interviews.
You can find more information about Kentucky Historical Society on the web at history.ky.gov or visit the project website at explorekyhistory.ky.gov.
* Interactive map with more than 50 historical locations and topics at launch, with additional locations being added each month.
* Historic images
* Interpretive audio
* Documentary videos
* Directions to each location on the map
* Sharing via Facebook, Twitter, and email
* Curated Tours exploring map locations
* Historical content: Kentucky Historical Society.
* Project Director: Jody Blankenship, Education Director, Kentucky Historical Society.
* Project Contact: Becky Riddle, Program Coordinator, Kentucky Historical Society. email@example.com, 502-564-1792.
* Explore Kentucky History uses the Curatescape Tool (www.curatescape.org) developed by the Center for Public History + * Digital Humanities at Cleveland State University.
* The Concept & Technical Development of Curatescape was developed and led by Dr. Mark Tebeau and the CPHDH Team.
* Graphic design: Epstein Design Partners (epsteindesign.com)
* Software development: DXY Solutions (dxysolutions.com)
Thinking of attending University of Kentucky? Prospective students and families can explore the campus and learn about our unique programs, culture and sports teams through a self-guided tour. Whether at home or on campus our interactive student guide will accompany you as you explore our offerings through the use of the GPS-enabled campus map, student videos and photos.
* Self Guided Tour: A location-based Campus Map will highlight important landmarks on campus and will allow you to easily find your way around. As you approach buildings our tour guide will provide you with important information regarding our programs.
* Landmarks and Buildings: Learn more about our programs and explore campus landmarks via descriptions and rich-multimedia
* Custom Walking Tour: Enhance your visit by taking a custom tour and get an up-close look at many of the unique majors and programs offered.
* Multimedia: Explore our community by watching videos from campus and browsing through hundreds of photos
* Interactive Panoramas: Browse through a list of interactive 360 panoramas of covering various locations and buildings
*PRINT BALANCES! You can now check your lab print balances using the lab traffic, and dollars modules.
*Dining Dollars is now “Dollars”, with an updated icon to reflect it. You can now view both print and dining dollar balances in one place.
*Various Bug Fixes.
With iWKU you can...
· Access your course schedule to quickly look up information about classes you are currently enrolled in. View course times, locations, instructors, & even quickly bring up the syllabus.
· Manage your netID, 800#, and TopperMail usernames and passwords via your mobile devices. Lookup your login ID's and create or reset passwords and pins.
· Look up times labs, dining, and residence halls are open using the maps app.
· Use the Lab Traffic app to see how many computers are in use at any lab on campus and quickly check printing allocation.
· Stay healthy with information about health & wellness at WKU.
· Get to the services you need with quick links to TopNet, Blackboard, and TopperMail.
· Search for student, faculty, staff contact information with the Directory app. Store contacts, send email, or call directly.
· Use the Courses button to search the course catalog for current and future semesters.
· Find your way around campus with the Maps app, where you can search for building by name and find your way from here to there. You can also look up times labs, dining, and residence halls are open.
· Use NextBus to quickly find the next bus up the hill or to south campus.
· View how many meal plans, big red dollars, & dining dollars as well as lab printing allocation you have remaining with the Dollars app.
· Connect with WKU on your favorite social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
· Quickly access WKU emergency alerts, the WKU police, and local health services information using the Emergencies App.
· Get up-to-the-minute campus information, sports, and activities on the News, Athletics, and Events apps.
Check out Campus News and the Events calendar to find out what’s happening at Kentucky State University.
Use the Campus Map to find your way around campus, and grab a pic from the Photos section to set as your Android Wallpaper.
Everything you wanted to know about Kentucky State University is now at your fingertips.
• Athletics – Find out the latest Thorobreds news, schedules, and score updates.
• Multimedia – Watch Kentucky State University YouTube videos and look through photos.
• Twitter – Stay up to date with news and links.
• Bulletins – Read Kentucky State bulletins for important reminders and announcements.
• Fight Song – play the Kentucky State University Fight Song at the next game, or out with friends.
• And much more!
After checking out the app’s athletic news ticker, take a panoramic virtual tour of NKU’s soccer field or the Bank of Kentucky Center, and track down news for NKU sports fan club, Norse Force, as it provides the Norse support against its Atlantic Sun foes.
Find NKU athletic news with the sports ticker
Keep up to date with NKU athletic schedules
View NKU sports photos
Follow NKU’s fan club Norse Force
Features: With UKMobile, you can….
Directory -- Find contact information for members of the University community.
Maps -- ‘You are here’.. really. Find your way around a bit easier.
Library -- Need to do a quick search for library resources – look no further.
Safety -- Numbers for UKPD or to find a safe ride home.
News -- Stay up on the latest at UK.
Athletics -- Your spot for scores, schedules and articles about your favorite UK sport
myUK -- Browse the full University of Kentucky course catalog.
Learn -- Access your course materials from the palm of your hand.