Learn more at farmlogs.com
ABILITY CHOOSE YOUR OWN GESTATION PERIOD:
The Pro Version of 'Organise Your Breeding' allows for the users to select their own gestation period. This is important because some cows have shorter or longer gestation periods than the general 283 days. In the calving calculator, when the 'Calculate Calving Date' is pressed a pop up box will appear asking the user to enter their own gestation period or simply use the default period of 283 days. This allows for the farmers to better manage their cattle and have them checked on the days that they are more likely to calve.
SAVE SIRES, BULLS OR BREEDS:
The Pro Version also allows for the sire, bull or breed to be saved to the database. All the user simply has to do is enter the sire, bull or breed into the entry text box and the sire/bull/breed will be saved to the database along with all other relevant information in regards to the calf the cow is due to have.
NOTIFICATIONS OF WHEN A COW IS DUE BACK ON HEAT OR WHEN ONE IS DUE TO CALVE:
The most significant part of the Pro Version is the ability to set notifications, which notify you of cows back on heat and ones due to calve to a certain time each day. These notifications are linked to the database so when a cow is due on heat or is due to calve in 7 days, a notification will appear at the chosen time on your phone. The time can be set to correspond with important jobs for the day, for instance the morning milking when a person can go and check the specified cow in the notification. These notifications will appear on the approximate day in which the cow is due back on heat (approximately 21 days after insemination) and 7 days before the cow is due to calve so you can have the cow in a place where you can easily keep and eye on her. Finally, once the cow has reached her return day and she does not come on heat, a check box can be selected, stating that the cow is on calf and no more notifications of the cow coming back on heat will appear and providing a record of the cow being successfully in calf.
EMAIL THE DATABASE:
This Pro Version also allows for users to email the whole database consisting of all of the cows that the user have saved to the database. The database is emailed as a .csv file so it can be opened by most spreadsheet applications such as Excel on your phone or computer. This part of the app can be particularly useful for farmers if they are having a herd manager looking at their herd, all the user has to do is enter the herd managers email into the phone and it can be sent straight away, so the herd manager can analyse the herd even before he arrives on farm.
SEARCH DATABASE WITH A COW ID:
The user can also search the database quickly and easily for a cow through clicking on the search button in the action bar. This search searches the database for the cow and then displays all relevant information of that cow. This feature is particularly useful for people with big herds.
+ MANY MORE ADDITIONAL FEATURES
If you have any questions, feedback or issues please email me at email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
And if you liked the app don't forget to give it a rating
Keywords: livestock, calves, calf, cow, breeding, organised, management, dairy, beef, business, organisation, bulling, return, dates, organise your breeding, lite
The app contains several features all in an easy-to-use format. Below are a few of the features:
- Angus members have access to their AAA Login herd data
and the ability to enter calving book records from the field.
- Flexibility to tailor the app for your needs for your most used functions with a Configuration option. Simply press and hold your favorite icons to move them to the toolbar.
- Search for any registered Angus animal or Angus member.
- View current News Releases
- Browse Sale Books for upcoming Angus sales
- Sale Reports : see results of past Angus sales
- Show results : includes the top winners with photos
- See the latest Angus videos created by the American Angus Association
- View an extensive Angus events calendar for upcoming sales, shows and meetings.
- Use date calculators for gestation and performance measurements such as weaning and ultrasound.
- National Cattle Evaluation Information. EPD/$Value Percentiles, breed average EPDs and $values and more.
- Submit calving book entries to AAA
- More features available
- Watch for further updates
The American Angus Association is the nation’s largest beef organization, serving nearly 30,000 members across the United States and Canada. It provides programs and services to farmers, ranchers and others who rely on the power of Angus to produce quality genetics for the beef industry and quality beef for consumers.
Monitoring fertility, health and feeding.
➤ Version 6 release:
* Complete new App
* Search cow function with individual cow data and graphs
* Overview of groups and alert lists
* Overview of management settings
➤ Version 5 release:
* Temperature alerts
* Light blue colored heat alerts during the first two hours
* Heat value increase, decrease indicator
* Nutrition graphs available for self-made groups.
* Improved user interface of heat- and health alerts.
* Management settings of heat attentions also apply to the CM App heat alerts
* Display of associated group name / number in expand screen.
➤ Version 4 release:
* Multi user authorization support (User management section CowManager website)
* Company selection list for users that are authorized to multiple companies
* Spanish and Portuguese language support
➤ CowManager version 3 features:
* New module: Nutrition
* Modular based design: Nutrition, Health and Fertility modules are only visible if purchased
* Battery consumption improvement
* Stability and performance improvements
* Added About screen to view active modules and app version number
> Fix: Android 4.2 and higher unable to update
> Fix: Crash when opening a chart
> Fix: Behavior chart hourly period not up to date
➤ CowManager version 2 release with many new features:
* New slide-out navigation menu to open system status, settings and alert views
* New chart views available with behavior, activity and temperature charts for alerted cows
* New CowManager system status overview
* CowManager system notifications on router, coordinator and PC failures
* Lactation value and days after heat fields added in expandable list of the alert view
* Added English, France and German language support
* Automatic language synchronization between the CowManager website and app
* Wifi and mobile network connectivity improvements
* New graphical user interface
* Android 3 and higher support added
Angus producers place great emphasis on genetics which has led to the superior quality Angus cattle found in Australia today.
Angus Australia supports its members by providing the most up to date information on each registered animal including Estimated Breeding Values (EBVS), pedigrees and lots of other data.
Animal details are provided in 6 registers, HBR - Herd Book Register; RAR- Red Angus Register; APR - Angus Performance Register; MBR - Multi Breed Register; ACR - Angus Commercial Register; and the PTR - Progeny Test Register.
All of this animal information can be found under Animal Search within this handy Angus APP.
Also available is EBV search, Mating predictor, Member Search, Sale Catalogues, Semen Catalogues and the Angus Australia web site – the information hub for all things Angus.
Downloading the Angus Australia APP will give you immediate access to all of this from one icon on your smartphone. Information is updated daily, and this information is available 24/7 through the Angus APP.
The app was created by John, Keiran and Ryan, students at Wick High School in Caithness, Scotland. John, comes from a long line of farmers and helps with his family’s herd. The team know that the last thing farmers want is to be wasting time and energy on paperwork so they have come up with an idea for an app that solves this problem.
- Add and view information about each cow in your herd when you’re on the move
- Get alerts ahead of important dates e.g. when injections are due
- Upload the tag numbers for your herd
- Everything stored on your mobile phone - no expensive equipment needed
Cattle Manager was developed as part of the Apps for Good programme and won the “Power to do More - getting the most from your time ” category sponsored by Dell at the Apps for Good Awards 2013, the national app competition for young people across the UK. As an Apps for Good Award winner, the team worked with development agency Novoda to have their app prototype built professionally and publicly launched, with the support of Apps for Good and Dell.
Apps for Good is an education movement where young people learn to create apps that change the world. Apps for Good partners with educators across the UK to deliver its course to young people 10-18 years of age.
Please write a review and let us know how the app works on your farm!
GET IN TOUCH
Apps for Good is an open-source education movement that aims to build the next generation of problem solvers and makers. Find out more at www.appsforgood.org
iHerd has a server backend which enables advanced management and reporting as well as allowing multiple devices synchronize your data. Thanks to industry support, this web service is FREE and allows registration, customization and entry of user details.
Rivalling the most advanced cattle management software, the app regularly synchronizes all of your property and paddock data between managers. This gives you the ability to keep track of all your head, paddock details and property ID numbers whilst on the job.
Other features include a treatment cabinet that keeps inventory of your on-site chemicals, including treatments your animals are receiving and many more.
Synchronization between devices and the server means that all of your data is automatically updated from an iPhone or an iPad into an existing database, saving you time and boosting your stations overall productivity. Multiple users can manage the same property, treatment cabinet, herd changes and movements if they have been invited to the primary user’s account.
The App is designed by a serious property owner / livestock manager with a three generation connection to a large Australian property station group they operate with the help of managers. iHerd is the ultimate in Herd and livestock Management.
Produced by iApps Pty Ltd in conjunction with some of the largest cattle organisations in Australia.
Key features include:
• Property Management - enter details about your properties, yards and paddocks. Information is generated to help you assess the total number of cattle, the stocking rate, and the total size.
• Herds can be categorized by group, subgroup and breed.
• Herd Management - by property or paddock or yard movement / treatment record.
• Herd numbers by type (group, breed) and location (property, paddock, yard).
• Invite other users to help manage your account, with intuitive and fine-grained access controls that allow you to give them access to just a single property, your entire account, or everything in between. Invitations allow level of access from No Access (then override for a certain paddock) read only, read write, and admin.
• Manage movements between properties you manage, purchases, births, deaths, treatments, sales, lost and found, including a comprehensive history of each.
• Server will hold records which can in future be accessed via an iHerd account.
• Server records movement history / lost and found herds, allows property to property transfers on your account
• Tally counting.
• Transfers of cattle between paddocks, yards, and properties (server required), with automatic accounting and auditing.
• Treatment cabinet enables you to manage batches of specific chemical containers, recording of quantities and dosing size and purchase date / expiry date of pesticides and medicines held and used by each property.
*This app is ad free.* ..and always will be!
Please leave a review so the app can be improved, all suggestions are welcomed.
A fully advanced Field Scouting/Crop Monitoring tool lets you record visits to the fields with quick access dropdowns for recording crop stage, crop conditions and automatic weather integration. Plant, soil and root observations, along with weed, insect, and disease tracking. Attach geo tagged pictures to your reports with comments and make pesticide recommendation through the scouting app which can be accessed by your spray operator.
Access the mapping function to see your field boundaries and make sure you are in the right field. Turn on tracking to see your location in the field and add waypoints with custom markers. Navigate back to those points for soil or tissue sampling.
A grain tracking system for tracking all your loads from the field to bins, bins to contracts and everything in between allows you to keep accurate inventory and know which contracts are filled and what you have left in the bin.
Agri-Data Mobile works when you are on or offline and syncs your data back to our cloud based farm management system, to keep your records safe and share with them others in your operation.
Use FarmDock to plan out jobs and assign them to users, and to check work over time. You can see how many hours your team has worked on a job, how much inventory they've used, how much output they've created and how much equipment time they've logged.
As you record your work, inventory and equipment, you'll be able to easily review your farm at a glance, or drill down to a particular field, job, user or bin.
FarmDock puts your whole farm at your fingertips.
- Work management: Log work in the field as it happens.
- Multiple users: Invite your team to use the app so they can log their work; give them access to only the farms they work on.
- Inventory management: Keep track of how much inventory you've got. As your team does work and records inventory usage, your data will stay synced, so you'll always know how much inventory you have. As your team harvests output, new inventory accumulates.
-Bin management: Keep track of how full your bins are, so you know when it's time to transfer or get more inventory.
- Equipment management: Track equipment use. As your users log work with equipment, their total hours accumulate, so you can review where equipment is getting used.
- Multi-farm: Store data for multiple farms separately, or share things between farms.
- Multi-operation: Keep silos of data to maintain entirely separate businesses.
- Cloud data: Log work on your mobile device in the field, then access it from home on your desktop.
Cattlemen's Toolbox Pro contains the following tools:
Adjusted Birth Weight
Adjusted Scrotal Circumference
Adjusted Weaning Weight
Adjusted Yearling Weight
Rate of Gain Calculator
(More Tools Soon to be Added)
If you don't see an Item and you would like it to be added email us, and we will integrate it into the app.
This app requires permissions in order display ads if you do not want ads buy the pro version..
- Get optimum recommendations from some pre-defined data (which is updated once the user upgrades to the full version)
- View and edit supplier and entrepreneur bio
- Add farmer information
- See and search farmer list, supplier list, and recommendation list.
- Add location using Google map
- Edit and view stock (pesticides)
- Option to upgrade to full version of the software
protikār is compatible to be used on any android smartphone with a minimum operating system (OS) Ice Cream Sandwich and above.
Agrivi farm management software helps farmers to take control over their plantations, improve productivity and increase profitability. Based on agriculutural knowledge base of best-practice production processes for over 60 crops, Agrivi guides farmers to improve their production and increase productivity.
Agrivi's features include:
- Project-oriented farm management with simple and fast way of planning, monitoring and tracking all farm activities and inputs usage (fuel, fertilizers, pesticides, work hours).
- Advance sales and expense tracking ensures taking control over farm finances.
- Inventory management with low inventory alarms removes delays in production caused by lack of inputs.
- Weather monitoring with detailed 7-day weather forecast, 3-year weather history for each field and smart disease risk detection alarms.
- Knowledge base of best-practice production processes for over 60 crops
- Powerful reporting and analytics available with a single click
- All farm documents in the cloud
Body condition scores (BCS) describe the relative fatness of a cow based on a nine-point scale. It is an effective management tool to use to evaluate the overall heath status of the herd, and manage the nutrition of the herd.
This app was developed by Richard J. Rasby, Extension Beef Specialist, through University of Nebraska - Lincoln Educational Media and University of Nebraska - Lincoln Extension.
The NUBeef-cowQlate app is a collection of calculators for producers. The application has been peer reviewed.
Pollination to Plate challenges you to match common and exotic foods to the different types of pollination they are derived from. Play, learn, and be amazed how pollination is an integral part of a healthy planet.
While the final decision of what will be charged is entirely up to the parties involved, this app will help to frame the discussion and provide insight into possibilities.