Learn advanced Japanese vocabulary:
* 169 715 words and phrases
* 150 060 sample sentences (with furigana and English translation)
* You need to be able to read hiragana and katakana
* Words divided into multiple different categories (JLPT levels, Mainichi Shimbun most frequent words, etc)
* Track learning progress of every category and subcategory separately
* Every category can further be divided into groups of 50 words
* Free, no ads and does not need internet connection - no permissions required
This app is open-source, see the website for github code repository.
* Obenkyo app - One of the best Japanese learning apps that gave me a lot of inspiration!
* JLPT vocabulary - From Tanos web site (http://www.tanos.co.uk/jlpt/skills/vocab/) - Creative Commons "BY" license
* Sentences - Tanaka corpus (http://www.edrdg.org/wiki/index.php/Tanaka_Corpus) - Creative Commons "BY" license
* Dictionary - JMdict (http://www.edrdg.org/edrdg/licence.html) - Creative Commons "BY-SA" license