• SEARCH THE UB WEB: Find the UB websites and resources using our UB Google Search!
• FIND PEOPLE: Locate faculty and staff contact information, or look up student email addresses.
• FIND DEPARTMENTS: Locate specific departments on UB’s three campuses.
• My UB: It’s your one-stop portal for important announcements and deadlines plus HUB access that lets you register for classes, look up your grades and gives faculty, staff and students easy access to many other important online resources.
• UBLEARNS: Access your course management system at UB. Find a syllabus or get information on readings, assignments and exams.
• LIBRARIES: Fingertip access to UB’s collections and the World Cat catalog; manage your account; find locations, hours and contact information for each of UB’s nine libraries.
• MAPS: Search interactive maps to find campus buildings, parking lots, dining, student housing, and athletic facilities.
• TRANSPORTATION: Use the Transportation Tracker to find out where the nearest shuttle or bus is; see traffic and parking alerts; look up bus and shuttle schedules and route maps.
• DINING: Find dining locations, menus and hours; report a lost MyUB Card; look up nutrition information; and more.
THINGS TO DO
• EVENTS: See a listing of all university happenings, both on and off campus, including lectures, performances, exhibitions and athletic events.
• ATHLETICS: Buy tickets and get scores, stats and standings, along with photos, videos and breaking news about the UB Bulls.
• NEWS: Read the latest on breakthrough research and other campus news in the areas of medicine, the sciences, engineering, technology, the arts, alumni and athletics.
• SOCIAL MEDIA: Keep up with UB on such networks as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
*Line King: Learn wait-times at Tim Hortons and Starbucks. Adjust your visit accordingly and save time! This feature runs in the background occasionally to understand how long you wait in the line of the coffee shop. It uses your location+accelerometer to achieve this objective. Later it uploads the detected wait-time to our server to predict future wait-times at the coffee shop.
*UB News: Learn latest news about UB.
*Map: Browse for buildings on each of the three campuses.
*MyUB: Easy access to myUB from your mobile device
Simulate real warning, signal, stop, and traffic lights. This plugin is especially useful as an additional safety measure on the road. Can be used as a mobile signal light, when changing a tire or in case of an accident.
* 2 different types of lights: Warning Lights and Traffic Light ( Ampel )
* 3 colors: Red, Yellow, Green
* 3 types of controls:
- Auto: changes the lights with a predefined delay
- Tap the screen once to change the state
- Double Tap to change the state
UB Reader provides a comfortable reading experience for Android smartphones and tablets, allowing you to read EPUB and PDF files - DRM-protected and otherwise. An integrated file browser allows you to quickly add any eBook stored on your device or over email.
SIMPLE YET POWERFUL READING FEATURES:
• Easy and fast navigation - page flipping with animations, scroll slider to help you get to desired page easily.
• Customizable reading experience - font size and type customization, multiple view modes for easier day or night reading, brightness adjustment, and page orientation settings.
• Useful text search features.
• Bookmark pages for quick reference later.
• Open EPUB / PDF files from external file browsers.
• Localized in 12 languages - French, German, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Swedish.
ROBUST EBOOK MANAGEMENT:
• Bookcase view lets you add new shelves, select multiple books, view by list or grid, and search through your collection.
• Integrated file browser - quickly browse and import your own EPUB and PDF files from the memory card on your device, and also import entire folders of ebooks.
• Books can be received as email attachments and imported to UB Reader from the Preview option of the email client.
• Sort books by title, author, or time of use.
PURCHASE A UB READER FULL VERSION KEY FOR EVEN MORE FEATURES:
• Ad free.
• Text-to-Speech support.
• Lock specific books in your library.
• Create direct shortcuts to books on your homescreen.
This App will run in the background with minimal impact on normal usage of your phone and battery consumption. The more you let the App collect data, the more points you will accumulate, and the sooner you can enjoy App’s additional useful features which will be unlocked and made available to you each time you reach a new level. In addition, during the promotion period, users affiliated with SUNY Buffalo who accumulate most points in the past two-week period are also eligible to enter bi-weekly raffles to win cool prizes. Install this App to obtain more detailed information.
• Explore the satellite in amazing 3D, locate all high-tech components and understand its purpose and operation.
• Experience the science behind Gaia with unique interactive demos.
• Discover the billion star surveyor and have all mission details at your fingertips.
• Dive into the science and technology of this amazing project with stunning images and impressive videos
• Keep updated with the satellite operations in real-time.
This application has been developed by Institut de Ciències del Cosmos – Dept. Astronomia i Meteorologia of the University of Barcelona, within the mobile project of the UB.
This project was co-financed by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) – Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness.
On a mobile phone, RIU.net offers users a diagnose protocol to determine the health status of a river while they learn how rivers are, what types of rivers are there, how do they work, what problems do humans cause to them and, particularly, which organisms live in them, how are they grouped and classified, what level of pollution do they tolerate, how do they live, etc.
Obtained data will allow developing future scientific studies with diverse aims. Thanks to your help, it will be possible, for instance, to know better the distribution of invertebrates in the rivers of the Iberian Peninsula or to identify which parts of a drainage basin, like the Ebro River, are in a better ecological status. Moreover, if there is an isolated pollution problem in a river, the app can be very useful because it enables a non-expert user to quickly evaluate it in an autonomous way.
RIU.net has been created by the research group Freshwater Ecology and Management (FEM) in the Department of Ecology at the University of Barcelona, within the mobile project of the University of Barcelona.
The app RIU.net has been developed with funds provided by the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) of the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness and a grant of the programme RecerCaixa.