With cool features! Customizable walking and biking itineraries. Check out the weather at any location on the Camino. Share your location. Automatically calculate cumulative distances per walking day. View the latest albergue listings. Bike itineraries and a bike filter.
The Camino Pilgrim app helps you plan and walk your pilgrimage on the Camino de Santiago, particularly on the Camino Frances and the Camino Finisterre.
As one user says, "I just finished the Camino, and I used this app everyday. All the information of the albergues and the maps in just one place, and without the weight of a heavy guidebook."
In the latest version, you can do the following:
- Check out different itineraries for the Camino Frances (31, 32, 34, 35 days) and Camino Finisterre (3 or 4 days to Muxia)
- Check out bike itineraries for the Camino Frances and Finisterre (12 and 16 days) and use the new Bike Filter for albergues
- Simply click on the hiker icon to create your very own Camino schedule/itinerary from system-provided base itineraries -- with your specified start dates, and cities to start and stop in
- Customize your own schedule/itinerary to fit your needs -- long-press on the days/stages you want to change and choose from the given options (add rest day, insert In between day, combine two days, add extra day)
- See automatically computed cumulative distances per walking day, on both the regular route and alternate routes -- to make it much easier to plan your schedule
- Share/email your itinerary or schedule to your family and loved ones, by clicking on the share icon
- Check localities on the Camino, their distances, altitudes, facilities
- See pilgrim albergues per locality, and check out their costs, opening times, facilities, addresses and contact information
- Call albergues and visit their websites directly from the app
- View maps online to look at nearby localities and lodgings, using either Google Maps or OpenStreetMaps
- View maps offline, even if there is no wifi, once you download offline maps to your device
- Find out exactly where you are on the map
- Share your exact coordinates/location to your family and loved ones while you are walking the Way to free them from worry -- simply click on the share your location icon
- See where you are relative to a simplified Camino track overlaid on the map
- View the 4-day weather forecast at any locality on the Camino (requires Donation and internet connection)
- Look at basic information on the Camino.
To take advantage of app features, please visit the app blog site: http://www.caminopilgrimapp.blogspot.com
Please remember that this app is provided as a general guide and is neither exact nor complete. Information on localities, lodgings and facilities constantly change. The simplified track shows only a general direction of the Camino de Santiago. Whenever in doubt on the Way, just pay attention and follow the yellow arrows.
I developed this app after my trip on the Camino in Spring, 2013, to better help fellow pilgrims focus on their journey and reap the spiritual rewards.
I would be very happy to hear from you. Any feedback and comments on how to improve this app are welcome and would be most helpful.
For more detailed information on the usage of this app, please refer to my app blog available at:
Additional information is available on my blog, available at:
More resources are avaiable at the website:
Thank you and Buen Camino!
- Aurea Mömke, 2014-2015
Buen Camino, a leading publishing house, has sold tens of thousands of guides to the Way of St James, and continues to make available to pilgrims all the information required to complete the Way: maps, profiles, all types of accommodation and points of interest. Whether walking or cycling your Way - download this guide and check it offline!
What will you find here?
- The trajectory of the route, a detailed profile and thorough maps.
- Real-time alerts on eventual problems or changes along the route.
- Hundreds of geo-localized points, including all types of accommodation, points of interest and important pieces of information, all in full detail and with pictures!
- Elaborated by Carlos Mencos, a journalist and a pilgrim himself. He was awarded the 2015 Aymeric Picaud Prize for spreading the Way of St James.
- The guides in our Apps are not free (but still quite affordable), which means you will find no ads in them. No accommodation establishment, bar or restaurant has paid any money to get in our guides – these are professional, quality and updated guides.
- Updated information on the localities along the route, available services and real-time weather information.
- Whether walking or cycling, you will get the mode-specific information that is relevant to you!
- The guide is available in Spanish and in English.
What Routes are available?
- Right now you can download the Camino del Baztán - Baztán Route Guide – in full and at no cost! And the Camino Francés - French Route (4,9 €), the Camino Aragonés - Aragon Route (2,54 €) and the Camino Primitivo - Primitive Route (4,9 €). What is more, these days you can benefit from an extra discount – enter the guide in our App to find out!
All this is guaranteed by Editorial Buen Camino, a leading publishing house specialising on the Way of St James. So far we have published nine practical guides in hard copy to help you get to Santiago de Compostela. Tens of thousands of buyers in the last ten years attest to this!
Camino Francés, Camino Aragonés, Camino Primitivo, Camino Vasco, Camino del Norte, Vía de la Plata, Camino Sanabrés, Camino Portugués, Camino Catalán por San Juan de la Peña, Camino Baztanés, Camino Inglés, Camino de San Salvador, Épilogo a Fisterra y Muxía.
Caminos del peregrino, Catedral de Santiago.
This is a very simple app with no fancy stuff like GPS tracking or user interaction or pointless "social networking". In fact, once you've installed it, it will never download or upload any data (so no roaming data shocks!). It's also free of advertising.
The information is organised hierarchically to make it easier to access. The buttons at the top and bottom of the screen allow you to navigate between different screens and levels.
On the first level is an Overview which divides the Camino into ten stages, starting and ending in major Camino cities and towns.
On the second level is a list of the places with pilgrim accommodation in the stage you selected above. The route maps are also accessible from this level.
The third level gives detailed descriptions of individual places with pilgrim hostels , services, sights and the history of the place. The urban maps are accessible from this level. Urban maps don't use any particular symbols.
L'applicazione è in lingua italiana.
Cosa contiene l'applicazione:
PREPARAZIONE: Tutte le informazioni utili per chi sta preparando il Cammino, quando partire, come prepararsi, dove dormire, con chi viaggiare, cosa portare, equipaggiamento e consigli.
30 TAPPE: Una proposta equilibrata per compiere il Cammino francese in 30 tappe, partenza da Saint Jean Pied de Port e arrivo, ovviamente, a Santiago de Compostela
STORIA E NOZIONI: Cenni storici su Santiago e sulla nascita del Cammino di Santiago, riti e usanze di chi percorre il Cammino, la terminologia "tecnica" di chi cammina sulla via per Santiago.
LINK: tutti i link utili per la preparazione del Cammino, per affrontare le emergenze e per organizzare il viaggio di andata e di ritorno.
DIARIO: Il racconto di un pellegrino, Fulvio Grosso, che ha tenuto un diario della sua esperienza sul Cammino di Santiago.
ACQUISTA: Esiste una versione cartacea di quanto contenuto in questa applicazione, nata dalla collaborazione fra lo sviluppatore di questa applicazione e Fulvio Grosso e pubblicata dallo stesso Fulvio Grosso tramite il portale ilmiolibro.it. La guida cartacea, più ampia e comleta di questa applicazione, è acquistabile sul sito ilmiolibro.it o all'interno dell'applicazione stessa.
Tutto il materiale cotenuto in questa applicazione è coperto da copyright.
Tutti i diritti sono riservati.
Autore: Valerio Grosso & Fulvio Grosso
Prossime features: ho previsto di inserire quanto prima anche una galleria fotografica con le migliori immagini del cammino, una mappa interattiva con tutte le tappe segnate e georeferenziate così da poter usare l'applicazione mentre state percorrendo il Cammino.
Se avete richieste, proposte o volete migliorare l'applicazione, scrivetemi.
Non dimenticatevi di valutare e recensire l'applicazione.
contatta lo sviluppatore:
Our alternative and active holidays break away from the usual beach and resort trips — giving you a real opportunity to experience nature and the local culture. It is said that traveling broadens the mind, we believe our holidays capture this.
There are three of them: The Camino del Norte, The Camino Inglés, and the Vía de la Plata.
What they have:
1. Accurate distances between all places
2. Mostly accurate directory of services in those places (atms, pharmacies, etc)
3. Comprehensive accommodation directory, albergues & hotels
4. Elevation Map
5. Map View with every point and route plotted.
What they don't have:
1. POI's. Things like churches and monuments have not been added yet.
2. Photos. There are a few, but not many.
3. Wordy descriptions of places and terrain.
Te ofrecemos toda la información que necesitas para hacer el Camino Portugués. En esta Guia movil encontraras:
-Informacion detallada de cada etapa.
-Informacion de todos los albergues del Camino
-Informacion de los pueblos que encontraras en el Camino
-Mas de 500 fotografias geolocalizada
-Mapas sin conexion a internet
-Informacion especial para ciclistas
La guia del Camino Portugués funciona completamente offline. Conéctate sólo para descárgatela y sal al camino sin más necesidad de internet.
The Esoteric Camino app compliments other guides and fills this gap: it brings to light the many layers, the deeper stories and legacies of the Camino, from prehistory to the present, from Spain, France, and Portugal.
Places along the Camino are more ancient than the Christian era. Even during the Christian period, curious Islamic, Jewish, and pagan elements were woven into the Road. The architecture, the use of symbols, idiosyncratic images carved in capitals, and the heavy devotion to Mary are keys to a more ancient and a more diverse past.
With The Esoteric Camino, you have the keys to that kingdom. With this app you can discover Jaca's basilisk, seek the Holy Grail in San Juan de la Peña, consider the universal sacred geometry carved by medieval Christian, Jewish, Muslim, and pagan stone masons, and uncover hidden multifaith meditations in Eunate and Santo Tomás de las Ollas, among other sacred adventures.
The Camino has many layers and is very ancient, going perhaps as far back as the Neolithic and perhaps even the Upper Paleolithic. Modern pilgrims feel the many layers of the Camino, which together intrigue, baffle, and inspire the journeyer. The Esoteric Camino explores sacred Neolithic, Celtic, and Roman sites that became a part of the journey to see Saint James' tomb in Santiago, which itself is on a hill sacred since Neolithic times. It offers in one place the many layers and the deep stories and symbols of the Camino.
Beebe will continue to add to the entries as she continues her journey on the many roads to Santiago, throughout France, Spain, and Portugal. Here, for this first edition, she covers the most popular roads, the Camino Francés and the Camino Aragones. She also has laid the esoteric, mythic, and sacred groundwork, presenting many of the traditions and ideas that have folded themselves into the many Caminos to Santiago.
★ About the Author ★
Beebe Bahrami a widely published travel and adventure writer and cultural anthropologist. Her books are The Spiritual Traveler Spain—A Guide to Sacred Sites and Pilgrim Routes (Paulist Press) and Historic Walking Guides Madrid (DestinWorld Publishing). Beebe's work appears in Archaeology, Wine Enthusiast, the Pennsylvania Gazette, National Geographic, Michelin Green Guides, Bark, Travelers' Tales, Perceptive Traveler, Transitions Abroad, Brave New Traveler, and Matador Travel, among others. Her blog, The Pilgrim's Way Cafe, is about trekking and exploring the world on foot.
Beebe’s writing expertise is on France, Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. For over 25 years she has studied these diverse cultures and languages and how they have influenced and enriched each other. No place exemplifies this rich interchange to her better than on the Camino. Her training in anthropology includes art history and archaeology.
Beebe has walked the French Road, large tracts of the Northern Road, and parts of many other Camino Routes in Spain, France, and Portugal.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
This guide covers the Camino Francés, the most popular route across Spain. It has been redesigned for Android and now works almost exclusively offline. To use the map features, or to share your comments with other guide owners, will require a data connection. As more an more albergues share their WiFi this becomes less of an issue, and the guide will tell you which ones offer WiFi.
Albergue Directory. A full directory of Albergues, and notes on which towns have alternative accommodation like camping, hotels, pensions, and casas rurales.
Stage Guide. Full directory of villages along the way, in the order in which you pass them, with accurate listings of what services are available.
Location Aware. Every location is geo-coded.
Photos. Photos of albergues, monuments and other points of interest along the way.
Maps. If you have a data connection, or are connected to wifi, you can view the locations of every point on a map. Unfortunately, this feature is unavailable without a connection.
Scrollable Elevation Map. This one is hard to show with just a screenshot, but the elevation that appears at the top of every city page scrolls South to North. One complete elevation, from St. Jean Pied de Port to Santiago, uninterrupted by page folds.
Comments. Albergue closed early for the season? Have a restaurant that you want to share, or perhaps one to warn others about? Every location in the app gives you the opportunity to leave a comment and to read the comments left by others. No registration necessary.
With this application you'll have access to the map of the entire route from Oporto to Santiago de Compostela's Cathedral, including points of interest of various categories, including:
- Cafes, grocery stores and mini-markets
- Pharmacies and Hospitals
- Water points
- Danger areas
- Points of religious and touristic interest
- Useful and assistance contacts
You can also check the weather forecasts in order to plan the next steps in the most convenient way.
By choosing one of the available hostels, you can also have real-time indication of the distance left to it as well as the name of the city or locality that you are currently going through.
Puedes Organizamos rutas, estancias, comidas, te conseguimos transporte, te llevamos las mochilas, todo lo que necesites nosotros te lo proporcionamos. Tú sólo tienes que preocuparte del Camino en sí, el resto déjalo en nuestras manos.
Además, si antes, durante o después de la peregrinación necesitas consejos, guías o simplemente quieres acompañar tu Camino con toda la información que puedas conseguir, no dudes en consultarnos
Ruta complète étape par étape.
Données d'intérêt de toutes les auberges de la façon française:
Tél, email, site Web, lieux, prix, Sloga...
Maintenant, avec une lanterne.
The free demo covers the 42-mile (68-km) segment from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Pamplona. In-app purchases include (1) the 557-mile/896-km Camino Frances from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Muxia (via Santiago de Compostela) more than 130 miles/210 kilometers of alternate and side-routes, and (2) an abbreviated 71-mile/114-km Camino Frances from Sarria to Santiago de Compostela.
The Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in-app purchase maps and lists more than 1,300 important waypoints (with 1,360 photographs) from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to Muxia such as accommodation, junctions, road crossings, churches, towns, and many others. Each waypoint has a detail page, providing further information.
NO PHONE OR INTERNET SERVICE IS REQUIRED to use Camino Companion after the initial setup. Camino Companion uses a combination of your smartphone's GPS, downloaded topo maps, and the Google Maps interface to accurately locate your position on the Camino. Your device's GPS pinpoints your location on the downloaded topo maps.
An elevation profile shows path distance vs elevation and plots your current location. Each waypoint is plotted on the profile. Each waypoints is clickable, opening to the waypoint's detail page.
A guidebook lists every waypoint in order by distance along the trail and displays your current distance from each waypoint.
Send your current location to friends and family via text message, e-mail, facebook or twitter.
The types of waypoints include:
-->Accommodation (albergues, hostels, hotels), including kitchen, laundry, internet and meal information
-->Water taps and fountains
-->Churches, cathedrals, chapels
-->River and stream crossings
-->Other points of interest (sculptures, historic waypoints, etc.)
This app is a collaboration between long-distance hiker Keith Foskett and the creators of the popular Guthook's Guides series of long distance hiking apps.