Download Free Now!
Best Offline English Latin Dictionary in the market. It has more than 65k English words with Latin meanings.
► Home Screen Widget
► English to Latin
► Use Offline - Need to download first.
► 65k+ Words.
► Word of the Day by push notification - Can be disabled from settings.
► Choose font size for reading - Can be configurable from settings.
► Mark word as favorite.
► Word search history.
► Word with sound.
Please mail us for feedback and suggestions to improve application.
A premium version is also available with the following features:
- Copy phrases to the clipboard for later use
- Easy web searches to learn more about a phrase
- No ads!
Hai un dubbio di traduzione su una versione di Latino?
Non ricordi una regola grammaticale o vuoi ripassare velocemente un autore?
Latino è l’app gratuita di Studenti.it che ti permette di studiare il latino usando il tuo smartphone Android.
Ti dà accesso facile e veloce a 2300 versioni tradotte, schede di approfondimento e più di 1300 appunti di latino di Studenti.it.
If you are a student or scientist, it will helps you to learn the language!
Latin is still used in biological taxonomy.
-> Version "Full" with no banner ads <-
The Latin language has bequeathed to the modern world a number words, phrases, famous, sentences and sayings that we often felt even in common speech, or more frequently in the text.
FAMOUS LATIN PHRASES it collects the most famous phrases, quotes and sayings still in vogue in Latin, that each of us has heard at least once in their lifetime.
For each sentence is given to the Italian translation and a brief historical description.
Are currently available 426 phrases, sayings, proverbs, quotations and aphorisms, and soon it will be added other.
This app installs itself in the memory card of your smartphone, if available.
Any tips or problems, please notify us by e-mail: we can not respond to comments in the market.
Tag: Latin, famous, latin, top, popular, Latin, Latin phrases, translations, quotations, thoughts, aphorisms, quote, proverb, sayings, aphorisms, thoughts, words, translation, famous, famous maxims, Latin, said, legalatin.
Vertes Latin Dictionary uses Wiktionary entries and presents them in easily readable format. The dictionary supports Latin to English and English to Latin dictionary entries. It also includes study information about different parts of speech.
-All five conjugations included
-All three persons in both singular and plural
-Both regular and deponent verbs
-Infinitive, imperative, indicative and subjunctive moods
-More than 100 different verbs
-Verbs, conjugations, tenses etc. that you fail on will appear more often
-When you get them right, they appear less often
If you use and like this app, please consider donating. If I receive 100 donations, I pledge to add 30 more verbs, and the ability to enable/disable each verb individually in the options. Suggestions for what verbs to add are welcome.
Se hai bisogno di una traduzione che non c'è, segnalacelo a firstname.lastname@example.org
COME USARE L'APPLICAZIONE:
Estrarre dalla tasca senza farsi sgamare dal prof e lanciare l'applicazione.
Scrivere alcune parole della versione nella schermata principale. Attenzione: alcuni prof cambiano l'inizio della versione, quindi prova a inserire parole del testo centrale: la ricerca è full text! ;)
Le parole cercate saranno sottolineate nel testo così le trovi al volo. Se la versione di latino è giusta, clicca su TRADUCI e il gioco è fatto!
TOCCO DI CLASSE:
Se prendi sempre 4 non far insospettire il prof con un 10: inserisci qualche piccolo errore di battitura!
Developed as part of the "Collins Education" stream, this dictionary is designed for all levels of language learners, whether at home, at school, or at work.
This is a fully functional trial!
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
* Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
* Extra help with difficult words
* Easy-to-use colour layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
This is the FREE, ad version of the BK Dictionary Latin English dictionary. To remove ads please buy BK Dictionary Latin English!
- Voice pronunciation
- 100,000+ translation pairs
- Scrolling through the whole dictionary
- Quick search while typing (accentuation independent)
- Detailed view with PHRASES tapping on the words
- Moon Reader and FBReader translate support (FULL VERSION only)
- Word-tap: you can tap on any word in the detailed view, to find its translations - available in FULL VERSION
- Translate by Share functionality (FULL VERSION only): translate easily by sharing words with the dictionary from other apps.
- Translate from Clipboard notification bar (FULL VERSION only): translate easily by enabling notification bar copying text to the clipboard and tapping on the notification bar.
- Copy/paste - available in FULL VERSION
- Search integration
- Google translate integration
- Wikipedia integration
- Recents and Favorites
- Color schemes
- Voice input
- Text resizing on detail screen
Latin-English (now partial)
Spanish-English (now partial)
Latin-Italian (now partial)
Spanish-Italian (now partial)
It can be in one or two languages only, or both in two columns, or see the translation into another text touching it.
Access to the various parts of the Mass through tabs, which come to be the equivalent of a missal ribbons, remembering the previous position of each one. This allows "prepare" the Mass to be followed, without going through links during the celebration.
It also has "presets" which allow you to save sites (for example, certain readings hit) and then quickly go to those sites.
It includes a perpetual liturgical calendar that allows to know the current liturgical day and prepare directly the Mass of the day chosen from here.
Understandably, in a text of this size may have a typo. It would be appreciated that the users communicate.
ATTENTION! It seems it does not work well on Galaxy Note with Android version 4.0, that is, without upgrading to 4.1. Otherwise, it works well on almost all devices with Android 2.1 or higher, and only in one case we received malfunctions, which seem to have to do with the Android version but with the device. As we are unable to verify the operation on all devices, we'll be very grateful if you inform us of any difficulties.
The Vulgate is a late 4th-century Latin translation of the Bible. It was largely the work of St. Jerome, who was commissioned by Pope Damasus I in 382 to make a revision of the Vetus Latina (old Latin translations). Its widespread adoption eventually led to their eclipse. By the 13th century this revision had come to be called the versio vulgata, that is, the "commonly used translation". In the 16th century it became the definitive and officially promulgated Latin version of the Bible in the Roman Catholic Church.
Before the publication of Pius XII's Divino Afflante Spiritu, the Vulgate was the source text used for many translations of the Bible into vernacular languages. In English, the interlinear translation of the Lindisfarne Gospels as well as other Old English Bible translations, the translation of John Wycliffe, the Douay-Rheims Bible, the Confraternity Bible, and Ronald Knox's translation were all made from the Vulgate.
The Vulgate has a compound text that is not entirely the work of Jerome. Its components include:
- Jerome's independent translation from the Hebrew: the books of the Hebrew Bible, usually not including his translation of the Psalms. This was completed in 405.
- Translation from the Greek of Theodotion by Jerome: The three additions to the Book of Daniel; Song of the Three Children, Story of Susanna, and The Idol Bel and the Dragon. The Song of the Three Children was retained within the narrative of Daniel, the other two additions Jerome moved to the end of the book.
- Translation from the Septuagint by Jerome: the Rest of Esther. Jerome gathered all these additions together at the end of the book of Esther.
- Translation from the Hexaplar Septuagint by Jerome: his Gallican version of the Book of Psalms. Jerome's Hexaplaric revisions of other books of Old Testament continued to circulate in Italy for several centuries, but only Job and fragments of other books survive.
- Free translation by Jerome from a secondary Aramaic version: Tobias and Judith.
- Revision by Jerome of the Old Latin, corrected with reference to the oldest Greek manuscripts available: the Gospels.
- Old Latin, more or less revised by a person or persons unknown: Baruch, Letter of Jeremiah, 3 Esdras, Acts, Epistles, and the Apocalypse.
- Old Latin, wholly unrevised: Epistle to the Laodiceans, Prayer of Manasses, 4 Esdras, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus, and 1 and 2 Maccabees.
Jerome did not embark on the work with the intention of creating a new version of the whole Bible, but the changing nature of his program can be tracked in his voluminous correspondence. He had been commissioned by Damasus I in 382 to revise the Old Latin text of the four Gospels from the best Greek texts, and by the time of Damasus' death in 384 he had thoroughly completed this task, together with a more cursory revision from the Greek Septuagint of the Old Latin text of the Psalms in the Roman Psalter which is now lost. How much of the rest of the New Testament he then revised is difficult to judge today, but little of his work survived in the Vulgate text.
The Vulgate is usually credited as being the first translation of the Old Testament into Latin directly from the Hebrew Tanakh, rather than the Greek Septuagint. Jerome's extensive use of exegetical material written in Greek, on the other hand, as well as his use of the Aquiline and Theodotiontic columns of the Hexapla, along with the somewhat paraphrastic style in which he translated makes it difficult to determine exactly how direct the conversion of Hebrew to Latin was.
Dieses Latein-Schulwörterbuch beinhaltet über 6.000 lateinische Vokabeln mit ca. 10.000 deutschen Bedeutungen. Es ist also bestens für den Lateinunterricht geeignet. Um die Datenbank zu durchsuchen ist keine Internetverbindung vonnöten.
Es stehen zwei Suchfunktionen zur Verfügung:
1. Suchen nach lateinischen Vokabeln
2. Suchen nach deutschen Bedeutungen
Es ist möglich, nur Wortteile einzugeben. Zum Beispiel "ire" findet auch alle Komposita.
Die Verben sind mit vollständigen Stammformen angegeben, die Substantive mit Genitiv und Geschlecht und die Adjektive mit den Endungen für Femininum und Neutrum.
========== WICHTIG ==========
Bitte bei Fehlern oder Programmabstürzen eine Mail schreiben anstatt ein Market-Feedback, damit Rückfragen möglich sind!
Tags: Latein, lateinisch, deutsch, Wörterbuch, Lexikon, nachschlagen, Caesar, Cäsar, Übersetzung, Übersetzer
Themes: Theater, theatre, play, drama, tragedy, tragedie, tragedies, comedy, play, plays, classic play, literature, world literature, universal literature
This FREE edition of the app includes ads which finance the development. If the ads annoy you or you just want to support this app's development, you can upgrade to the PRO edition which is completely ad-free. Apart from that both versions are equal.
Standalone software - no need for an eBook reader like Aldiko, Kindle, RepliGo, BeamReader, Laputa, Moon+, FBReader, iSilo etc.
Just install it and enjoy reading or listening.
* Options menu
+ Help page
+ Settings page
- Text color
- Background color
- Text size
- Text padding
+ Link to all iwpSoftware apps
in Android Market
+ Go to bookmark
+ Set bookmark
+ Set current image as wallpaper
+ Link to image/item/description
* General features
+ Voice output
(text to speech, TextToSpeech)
+ Move to SD card
+ Clickable table of contents
+ English and German
+ Contents rotate
+ Fullscreen images
on/off by long click
Do you like this app?
Please rate it!
Your feedback via e-mail is welcome!
If you meet problems or feel the need of some features you consider important, please contact us via e-mail before leaving a bad review.
The Lives of the Twelve Caesars
Virtual Entertainment, 2013
Series: Historic classic books
De vita Caesarum (Latin, literal translation: About the Life of the Caesars) commonly known as The Twelve Caesars, is a set of twelve biographies of Julius Caesar and the first 11 emperors of the Roman Empire written by Gaius Suetonius Tranquillus.
The work, written in AD 121 during the reign of the emperor Hadrian, was the most popular work of Suetonius, at that time Hadrian's personal secretary, and is the largest among his surviving writings. It was dedicated to a friend, the Praetorian prefect Gaius Septicius Clarus.
— Excerpted from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Look for other books on our site http://books.virenter.com
More from developer
Do you hate Apple? Applesmasher lets you vent your rage against those overpriced hipster machines by smashing as many Apples as you can! Don’t let them out of the store!
Wormsmasher lets you save this year's vegetable crop from slimy invaders. Squash the worms as soon as they pop up in the field, but don’t hit the farmer!
Reflex Test is exactly what the name says, a simple and effective way to test your reflexes.
All best result are saved and displayed on a best scores screen. Applehate is addictive!
Perfect for kids and tablet devices.
- Light LED Strip and standard bulb,
- Motorized windows and HVAC,
- Read enviroments data (temperature, humidity and others).
Generally whatever appliance runs behind a supported microcontroller, like your Arduino, can be a Souliss enabled device. You'll need a deployed Souliss installation in order to use this app profitably, get code and instruction on project website www.souliss.net
The Souliss project is completely open-source and let you build yourhome automation system in a quick and cheap way, you can automate a small home and customize behaviours with scenaries and programs. Actually several boards (all based on Arduino / Atmel AVRs) and communication interfaces are supported, including Ethernet, Wireless and WiFi. The project is very cheap to build, you can build an entire system with as low as a few hundred dollars. Some time is anyway required to configure your Arduino-compatible home control, so please take your time to explore Souliss home automation framework first.
- Configuration-less, automatically detects nodes and devices in your network;
- Support enviromental measurement (like temp and humidity), Lights and LED Strip, Air Conditioners (IRs) and others;
- Automate group actions and commands using Scenarios;
- Automate your behavior using Programs (on time, geo or sensor based);
- Local Database for historical data;
- Battery-efficient event-based communication;
- Tablet support and optimizations;
- Customizable Looks & Feel.
You'll need a deployed Souliss installation in order to use this app profitably. You'll remotely control your home lights, heating and any other devices supported by Souliss.
It requires no Internet connection, you install it on SD and only takes a few kb of memory phone. From Catullus to Pliny the Elder, Vitruvius from Apuleius to everyone on your mobile phone!
Panic Mode to hide the app instantly in risk situations. Biographical information and works of all authors present. Copy & share the translation found on social networks or email.
Useful for schools and for consultation of the great Latin classics. In the options, the search filter by author and title of the work and customizing the display, the size of the font style.