Not there yet I already filed a claim through the site, and am waiting for the result, now that I downloaded the app, I would expect to be able to log in and check the status of my claim, submit docs and such, I hope they will deliver.
No value in US Does not apply to US and Canada
Limited Allows to submit some claim info but may still have to go back and forth by email. Can't add other travelers (spouse, children). Can't check claim status/get alerts so not as useful as it could be. Buggy interface (on an older version I tried)
Good concept, poor execution In theory offers a good value proposition, however the execution is terrible. Customer service is non-responsive and appears to be handled by law students on mturk jobs. No updates/proof is provided about any pending court cases against the airline. And AirHelp's TOC prevents you from pursuing your claim yourself, which leaves any open claims in limbo for over half a year at the mercy of AirHelp. Avoid AirHelp and contact the airline directly for any compensation claims, quoting EU Directive 261/2004 in your email.
Seemed like a great idea Seemed like a great idea, but it doesn't work in the US. Only looks like it supports the EU right now.
* We’ve spruced up the design, with a new layout and UI for a clean, polished look.
* The app is rewritten to be 100% native code. That’s a fancy way of saying that it’s going to run faster on your device.
* You can now receive notifications, so that you’ll immediately know if and when your claim status changes.
* Get claim details at a glance.
* Added support for logins using Facebook or Google accounts.
* New app includes a section on passenger rights.