FableScapes is a learning toy for kids which encourages creativity and imagination through storytelling.
It's a virtual puppet theatre which can be used by kids, either alone or with parents, to invent tales and create beautiful compositions which can be saved and shared.
It offers three scenarios where characters and objects can be placed on the stage and animated. Scenarios, characters and objects are designed to play typical roles and situations of storytelling and are enriched with details from which players can take cue. This way a straightforward creation of a story is allowed to everyone.
Above all, FableScapes is a great tool to exercise imagination and engage kids in a relaxing and intelligent activity.
FableScapes has been designed for preschool children and kids up to 9-10 years old.
This app was developed taking into consideration studies and research in Psychology. This supports also the educational component of the game, favoring the development of cognitive abilities of young users.
In preschoolers, FableScapes encourages the development of memory and the understanding of temporality, in other words, the meaning of earlier and after.
In kids, it gives the opportunity to stimulate the development of narrative thinking: which is the complex activity of elaborating and understanding events and giving them order, connection and meaning.
Also, it encourages storytelling, which is the activity believed to be the driving force of language development.
The best use of FableScapes is for parents and kids to play it together.
Creating a story or just building original and graceful compositions, are engaging activities even for an adult. Both children and parents can discover and exercise their creativity and push imagination to new limits. Not to mention, they will spend quality time together and intensify the listening and positives exchanges.
• Helps develop self-awareness and creativity in your child by promoting a number of skills: role-play, spatial relationships, cause-and-effect, and narrative reasoning.
• Encourages children to participate in the interactive process of creating a story.
• Lets parents rediscover their imagination and push it to new limits.
• Allows kids to construct a personalized fable by selecting landscapes, characters and the characters’ expressions and role.
• Offers a variety of fun, simple actions and smart characters that kids really love.