BasicAirData GPS Logger is a simple App to record your position and your path.
It's a basic and lightweight GPS tracker focused on accuracy, with an eye to power saving.
This app is very accurate in determining your altitude: enable EGM96 automatic altitude correction on settings!
You can record all your trips, view them with any installed viewer, directly from the in-app tracklist, and share them in KML, GPX, and TXT format in many ways.
The app is 100% Free and Open Source.
- A modern UI, with a low consumption dark theme and a tabbed interface
- Foreground and Background Recording
- Placemarks creation, also meanwhile recording
- Visualization of current GPS information
- Manual Altitude Correction (add an overall offset to your track)
- Automatic Altitude Correction, based on NGA EGM96 Earth Geoid Model (Enable it on Settings!!!)
- Real time track statistics: duration, distance, speeds, altitude gap, and direction
- In-app tracklist showing the list of recorded tracks
- Visualization of your tracks using any installed KML viewer, directly from the Tracklist
- Track exportation, in the /GPSLogger folder of your device, in KML, GPX, and TXT
- Track sharing, in KML, GPX, and TXT format, via E-mail, Dropbox, Google Drive, FTP, ...
- Customizable settings for visualization of GPS and Statistics data
- Uses Metric, Imperial, or Nautical units
Thanks to this app, for example, you can:
☆ Keep track of your trips
☆ Make accurate static and dynamic measurements
☆ Add your placemarks during the trip, to remember the best places you've seen
☆ GeoTag your photos
☆ View your saved tracks in your preferred KML viewer, directly from the in-app tracklist
☆ Share your KML, GPX, and TXT tracks with your friends
☆ collaborate to OpenStreetMap map editing
The translation of this app is based on users contribution. Everyone can freely help in translations using Crowdin (https://crowdin.com/project/gpslogger).
- Copyright (C) 2016 BasicAirData - http://www.basicairdata.eu
- For additional information please see http://www.basicairdata.eu/projects/android/android-gps-logger/
- This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. See the GNU General Public License for more details: http://www.gnu.org/licenses.
- You can view and download the source code of this app on GitHub: https://github.com/BasicAirData/GPSLogger
- When The EGM96 Automatic Correction is enabled for the first time into the Setting Screen, the geoid Height file is downloaded from the NGA/NASA website. (File size: 2 MB).
Q - I've just installed the app, but it doesn't read the GPS signal
A - Please try to reboot your device. Check also that the GPS signal is strong enough and, if not, go in an open area
Q - The location is active, but the app sees "GPS disabled"
A - Please go on your Android Location settings and check that your Locating method is set to "High accuracy" or "Phone only". "Battery saving" method does't turn on the GPS sensor
Q - The "View", "Export", and "Share" menus are grayed out
A - Please check in Android System settings that GPS Logger has the Storage permission granted
Q - How can I see my recorded tracks?
A - You can see your tracks clicking on it and using the "View in..." contextual menu. A KML viewer must be installed on your device; if not, please install it. One of the best KML viewers is Google Earth, but there are lots of good alternatives around
Q - My track is not shown (or partially shown) in Google Earth
A - 1) Please check in Android System settings that Earth has Storage permission granted; 2) GPS Logger might be set to show the track in 3D, and the track may be hidden under the terrain. Please go in the Exportation settings, switch the Altitude Mode to "Projected to ground" and try again