Educational Robotics for People with Learning Disabilities
The Edurob NAO Controller is intended to assist educators working with children with learning disabilities to use their NAO robot in a variety of learning scenarios. It was developed as part of the Edurob project (http://edurob.eu) which has also developed a pedagogic framework, curriculum and manual to accompany this app.
The project identified five learning areas where robot mediated activities may prove useful:
1. Imitation – reinforcing behaviour.
2. Cause and Effect – associating action with behaviour.
3. Problem solving – through spatial reasoning, coordination.
4. Speech – improving speaking and listening through robot interaction.
5. Social Learning – how to act, appropriate behaviour.
These areas have had a number of learning scenarios and robot behaviours created for them by the Edurob project partners. All resources are available from the project website.
This app has been built upon the work of Northern Stars (http://www.northern-stars.de) from the code at https://github.com/NorthernStars/NAO-Com. Thanks guys, good work.
This project is published under the creative commons licence (CC BY-NC-SA 3.0).
See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode for more information. The main points of the licence are:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.