The EHIC Android application is able to:
- store the information from a valid EHIC card
- present it in the EHIC standard layout
- share the card information via multiple ways
VIBRATION - the changing of the card fields is possible by hold-pressing on the card until a vibration is sensed.
- News Photo: News photo coverage of the week
- How the EU works
- EU Tube: YouTube space of the European Commission
- European Union is on Facebook
- EU institutions
- EU map
- EUROPA – EU website
- European Newspapers App
Having the Europeiske App on your mobile gives you access to Europeiske’s Alarm Center if you need immediate medical assistance while travelling. You also have access to direct telephone numbers and contact information to Europeiske’s worldwide assistance network. You will find advice on staying healthy on your travels, and what you should keep in mind if an incident occurs.
In addition, you will get access to direct telephone numbers to Europeiske’s Customer Center and Claims Center.
The Europeiske app tracks your current position (if GPS and data roaming are turned on).
The Europeiske app contains:
- Direct telephone number to Europeiske’s Alarm Center. One press on your mobile puts you in contact with the Alarm Center if you need immediate medical assistance while travelling.
- Geographic overview of Europeiske’s worldwide assistance network. Within seconds you will have access to telephone numbers, visiting address or e-mail address to your nearest service office, in addition to Sjømannskirken’s offices around the world, which are part of the Europeiske assistance network.
- Advice on trouble-free travels: How to stay healthy, what to consider if travelling with children, traffic advice and when you should contact us.
- Checklists on what to do if an incident has occurred and you need assistance.
- Telephone numbers to our Customer Center and Claims Center for questions regarding your insurance policy or your ongoing claim.
- GPS navigation with “find my position”. Navigation to the nearest service office or Sjømannskirke.
The choice of English or Norwegian app:
The app is available in Norwegian or English. The app language is based on your phone’s language settings. Language settings other than Norwegian will give you the English version.
The app is developed through a partnership between Europeiske and Tieto.
Last minute plans? With the TomTom Navigation app, driving somewhere new couldn’t be easier. You’ve always got your smartphone with you, so navigation’s close at hand. And losing signal is not a problem, because the app works not only online, but offline too. This saves you money on data roaming costs, and, you’ll have constant access to the same maps, technology and world-class navigation as on our satnavs. It’s the app that drivers can rely on.
Only the TomTom Navigation app offers all this:
›› Voice-guided turn-by-turn car navigation. Find your way the easy way with with clear voice instructions and a 2D or 3D view of the route ahead. Including automatic rerouting if you miss your turning.
›› Advanced Lane Guidance. Gives you extra clarity when navigating difficult junctions.
›› TomTom Offline Maps. Maps are stored on your smartphone – so you can plan a new route, get re-routed, or search for points of interest. Without needing a data connection.
›› FREE Lifetime Maps. Download 4 or more full updates every year for the life of your app.
›› IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
›› Traffic. Drive with world-class traffic information (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Speed Cameras. Receive real-time mobile and fixed speed camera locations (available via in-app purchase). (1)
›› Spoken Street Names. Helping you to keep your eyes on the road.
›› TomTom Places. Search results designed for drivers.
›› Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while on the phone.
›› Seamless Integration. Integrates easily with your Android smartphone contacts.
*** MAPS COVERAGE ***
- AD, AT, BE, CH, CZ, DE, DK, EE, ES, FI, FR, GB, GR, HR, HU, IC, IE, IT, LI, LT, LU, LV, MC, MT, NL, NO, PL, PT, SE, SI, SK, SM, TR, VA, BG (58%), CY (52%), RU (51%), UA (42%), RO (16%)
- For country abbreviations see http://goo.gl/xCJWT
*** BEFORE YOU BUY THIS APP ***
1. Check that you have at least 3.4Gb of free storage space, either on your internal phone memory or external storage. To look it up, go to your phone settings, and then data storage.
2. If there’s enough storage, buy the app using your Google account and install it on your phone. You now need to download the latest TomTom map before you can use the app.
3. Connect your phone via Wifi to the internet and open up the app. You will then be able to download your new map. This download may take up to two hours depending on your internet connection. Connect your phone to a charger and stay in range of your WiFi network until the download is complete.
*** MORE INFORMATION ***
(1) Check http://tomtom.com/19212 for availability per country. Services are available via in-app purchase and require a mobile phone connection. Your operator may charge you for the data used and costs may be significantly higher when used abroad. Services can only be used on one device at the same time. If you want to use your subscription on a different device, login with your MyTomTom account in the TomTom Shop on your preferred device.
Filled with great community-edited content, this guide is perfect for the backpacker.
-Up-to-date info about transport and accommodation options
-Hundreds of helpful phone numbers, email addresses, and URLs
-Dining and shopping guides for major cities
-Country-specific safety and emergency contact information
-Extensive information about local culture and customs
Just by driving with Waze open, you're already contributing tons of real-time traffic information to your local community. You can also actively report accidents, police traps and other hazards you see on the road. Get road alerts along your route and find the cheapest gas prices around you shared by the community. Plus, you can add friends, send locations or keep others posted on your arrival time.
- Live routing based on community driven, real-time traffic & road info
- Community reported alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures, and more
- Turn-by-turn voice guided navigation
- Live maps, consistently edited and updated by Waze community map editors
- Automatic rerouting as conditions change on the road
- Send your ETA & real-time drive to update those you’re meeting
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours, and preferred routes
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route
- Add information on local places and businesses
- Add Facebook friends and sync Contacts
- See friends’ ETA when driving to the same destination
- One tap navigation to Facebook & Calendar events
- Earn points as you contribute road info and climb the ranks in your community
Waze is all about contributing to and benefiting from the common good, so hop on board and get involved!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven't driven for a while.
FREE Updates for both app and maps.
FREE Navigation license for OpenStreetMap.
BE-ON-ROAD is a free offline turn-by-turn gps navigation for Android based on OpenStreetMaps. Maps are updated multiple times per year and can be stored on your device, or SD card. That means, that you can navigate anywhere with the most recent maps even without the internet connection!
~ offline gps navigation
~ offline maps
~ free map updates
~ multi-language voice navigation (33 languages supported)
~ GPS / Glonass ready
~ speed limit warnings
~ fixed speed camera warnings (available in selected countries only)
~ 3D buildings
~ lane guidance
~ large POI database
~ pedestrian, car, or even bee-line navigation
~ night mode based on local sunset time
~ track recording
EUROPE - Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle Of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
NORTH AMERICA - Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Bermuda, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana , Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
SOUTH AMERICA - Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Maarten, Suriname, Thailand and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands
ASIA - Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Cambodia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
OCEANIA - American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
AFRICA - Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Cote d'lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic Of Tanzania, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Following are some of the great features of this app:
- Déroutes optimized for car, bicycle and pedestrian.
- Simple Routes: Press and hold on the map to generate route.
- Satellite GPS navigation and WiFi.
- Map rotates in the driving direction.
- Travel goods and photos.
- Find addresses.
- All shops, gas stations, etc.
• Tell Foursquare your favorite things and the app gets to know you.
• Search for the best restaurants, coffee, nightlife, shops, and more.
• Read short reviews and never miss out on the best thing to order or experience.
• Save places you want to go, so you never forget.
“The new Foursquare, like Netflix, takes a lot of the work out of finding the right thing for the right moment.” — The Verge
How It Works:
Tell Foursquare what you like — be specific, like “craft beer” or “fried chicken,” or more general, like “outdoor seating” or “romantic places.” Every search is tailored to your tastes, your past ratings, and picks from friends and experts you trust.
Want to check in, keep up, and meet up with friends?
Download our companion app, Swarm.
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ Phrasebooks include list of common words and phrases.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map
✔ Listen to articles on the go with Text-To-Speech
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Essentials: Phrasebook | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Healthy | Stay Safe | Respect | Units Conversion
Iceland: Get in | Get around | Geography | Cities | History | Culture | Volcanism
Maps: Iceland | Reykjavik
Attractions: Top 10 | Itinerary | See & Do | Golden Circle | Buy | Natural Attractions
Reykjavik: History | Geography | Climate | Culture | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay safe | Contact | Get in | Get around | See | Top 10 | Do | Buildings | Churches | Museums | Buy | Get out
Southwest: Reykjavik | Hafnarfjörður | Keflavík | Glymur | Strokkur
South: Dyrhólaey | Eyjafjallajökull | Eyrarbakki | Geysir | Gullfoss | Háifoss | Haukadalur | Heimaey | Hekla | Hella | Hveragerði | Jökulsárlón | Kerið | Kirkjubæjarklaustur | Landmannalaugar | Mýrdalsjökull | Selfoss | Seljalandsfoss | Skaftafell | Skógar | Skógafoss | Svartifoss | Upcountry Árnessýsla | Vatnajökull National Park | Vestmannaeyjar | Vík í Mýrdal | Þingvellir National Park | Þjóðveldisbærinn Stöng | Þórsmörk
West Fjords: Ísafjörður | Súðavík | Suðureyri
West: Borgarnes | Breiðafjörður | Búðardalur | Grundarfjörður | Látrabjarg | Snæfellsjökull National Park | Stykkishólmur
North: Akureyri | Aldeyjarfoss | Askja | Dettifoss | Goðafoss | Húsavík | Hverfjall | Mývatn | Sauðárkrókur | Skagafjörður
East: Egilsstaðir | Höfn | Seyðisfjörður | Vatnajökull
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
+++ Latest version 5.3.2 now available +++
- The application requires additional data (maps, voices etc.) via WLAN after installation
With NAVIGON you can transform your Android smartphone into a fully functional mobile navigation system with on-board maps, which entails no data transfer or roaming charges for map display, route calculation, etc.
*** Features and range of functions ***
+ Lane Assistant (static display) and Active Lane Assistant (dynamic display)
+ Bluetooth support (A2DP)
+ NAVIGON Latest Map Guarantee (new customers receive the most up-to-date map when purchasing the app)
+ HERE and Foursquare Local Search*
+ Fuel Live - Provides current fuel prices for Germany*
+ Glympse - Send your position information to selected users*
+ Safety Camera warning (for permanently installed cameras)
+ Reality View Pro – photorealistic display auf motorway junctions, exits, bifurcations…
+ Speed Assistant – display of current speed limit and adjustable warning on exceedance
+ NAVIGON Reality Scanner – augmented reality POI search
+ NAVIGON MyRoutes – Calculates up to 3 routes at a time
+ Text-to-Speech with precise spoken announcements
+ Different English and German accents
+ Enhanced Pedestrian Navigation
+ Destination entry by coordinates
+ 2D and 3D map displays (birdview)
+ HERE (former Navteq) map material for 44 countries of Europe
*this function requires a data connection
Enhance your system with these useful in-app packages :
+ Urban Guidance – navigate in many European urban areas using public transport**
+ Panorama View 3D – shows you the landscape not as a flat image, but with mountains and valleys
+ NAVIGON FreshMaps XL – Receive regular map updates***
+ NAVIGON cockpit – Animated graphics show all available driving data your phone can provide
+ TrafficLive – Real-time traffic information let you avoid traffic jams*
+ POI all-in-one – Add 100 thousands of extra POIs to your onboard database
+ Mobile Alert Live – this service informs you about mobile danger zones and lets you report such
+ NAVIGON LPG and Bio-Diesel filling stations – an onboard database with lots of LPG/Bio-Diesel service stations
+ Smartwatch Connect - enables pedestrian navigation on the SONY SmartWatch 2 or the Samsung Galaxy Gear 2.
Requires additional installation of the free extension NAVIGON Smartwatch Connect, available here in Google Play,
Resp. NAVIGON Smartwatch Connect Gear on the Gear Manager Store
*this function requires a data connection
**The service is currently available in more than 65 European metropolitan areas. Urban Guidance is a Live service and therefore requires a data connection
***The service is covenanted for at least 24 month
- The app requires min. android OS 2.3.3
- NAVIGON is an on-board solution. This means that all map material, voices and system files are saved on your phone. Therefore no charges or waiting time for data transfer are incurred (except mentioned differently for specific functions)
- The Europe version can require up to 2.2GB of free memory (depending on the number of countries you select). Please ensure you have sufficient available mass-storage space available. The map material must be downloaded after installing the app via WiFi (WLAN). Please ensure a reliable and safe connection is available.
- On first startup a short data connection (ca. 25kB) is mandatory to register your product
Whether in the car, by bike or on foot, NAVIGON hopes you have fun navigating.
Find out how the Samsung Gear S makes your life easier with this intuitive Experience App.
Samsung Gear S Experience App Overview
- Take a look at the elegant curved design and comfortable fit with rich and intuitive UI.
2. Advance Wearable Communicator
- Discover the awesome ways to stay connected even when you are away from your phone with 3G or Wi-Fi connection
3. Leading Edge Wearable Features
- Dive into Gear S extended productivity features & stand-alone applications
4. Personal Fitness Monitor
- Find out more about Gear S enhanced sensors, built-in GPS and robust S Health features designed to help you stay fit and motivated
Devices supported: Android Smartphone (4.0 or above)
The app sends an SMS to the Icelandic emergency service 112, with the phones GPS location, before calling 112.
By downloading this application you agree to have read and accepted the following:
Important information when using this app:
You understand and agree that the creators of this application are under no circumstances liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary injury or damages resulting from the use of this application.
More important information:
The GPS position will not be more precise than what your device is able to show.
You also understand that the app will dial 112 - and that this number may have different purposes in different international regions.
2GIS provides 3D-maps of 180+ cities, contacts of 1.5 million companies, car routing and public transport routes and and more! 2GIS is a complete and up-to-date directory of organizations with detailed cities’ maps. 2GIS provides verified information only.
The app can operate offline even without mobile data plan!
85 major metro areas available for download:
UAE (Dubai), Cyprus (Lefkosia, Lemesos),Italia (Padova, Venezia),Czech Republic (Prague),Chile (Santiago), Moscow, St. Petersburg, Abakan, Almaty, Arkhangelsk, Astrakhan, Barnaul, Belgorod, Biysk, Blagoveshchensk, Bratsk, Bryansk, Veliky Novgorod, Vladivostok, Vladimir, Volgograd, Vologda, Voronezh, Gorno-Altaisk, Donetsk, Yekaterinburg, Ivanovo, Izhevsk, Irkutsk, Yoshkar Ola, Kazan, Kaliningrad, Kaluga, Kemerovo, Kirov, Kostroma, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Kurgan, Kursk, Lipetsk, Magnitogorsk, Naberezhnye Chelny, Nizhnevartovsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Nizhny Tagil, Novokuznetsk, Novosibirsk, Odessa, Omsk, Orenburg, Perm, Penza, Prague, Rostov-on-Don, Ryazan, Samara, Saratov, Smolensk, Sochi, Stavropol, Stary Oskol, Sterlitamak, Surgut, Syktyvkar, Tver, Tolyatti, Tomsk, Tula, Tyumen, Ulan-Ude, Ulyanovsk, Ufa, Khabarovsk, Cheboksary, Chelyabinsk, Chita, Yakutsk, and Yaroslavl.
- Verified information on over 1.5 million organizations (including public institutions such as hospitals, schools, police stations, and etc.):
- Addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, websites, working hours and payment methods;
- Detailed 3D maps with such attributions as – buildings’ amount of floors, driveways, kiosks and fences;
- Car routing and searching for public transportation routes with transfers and pedestrian crossings.
2GIS allows you to:
- Find the location of the company you are looking for, find out its phone number and make a call;
- Find a desired location on the map of the city: a building (using its address), a public transport station or just a well-known object;
- Tap on any building on the map and find out its address, amount of floors and organizations that reside there;
- Find all companies in a specific business area, view them on the map, and filter out the ones that are open at a convenient time or right now;
- Find how to get to your destination by car or by public transport;
-Identify your location and find out what is close to you.
Once 2GIS is installed, select the city you need to download the data. The application does not require Internet connection to operate with the directories and maps. Afterwards you can receive the most up-to-date information every month with just one tap using the built-in automatic update system.
Business listings are verified by 2GIS’s own call-center and ‘field teams’, who update the databases on a monthly basis. 2GIS maps are created by professional cartographers based on up-to-date satellite images and with regular on-site verification.
Our Iceland Travel app is the only app that you will need while in Iceland. It will allow you to discover all that Iceland has to offer from your smartphone/tablet. We have used suggestions from locals, travelers, photographers, techies and artists to insure that you can find things that you enjoy doing during your visit. The best part is that you can contact the creators of the app for advice in real time.
What you can do with the Iceland Travel Guide app:
• Learn background information about Iceland before your trip.
• Map out your entire trip for 7 up to 12 days.
• Book tours inside of the app and receive your vouchers instantly to your email address.
• Book a car, camper or motorhome inside of the app.
• Find out what to eat.
• Find travel tips.
• Check out hiking trails and camping sites.
• Learn about Icelandic music.
• Check out museums.
• Find out basic information about Iceland.
• Look through the Icelandic phrasebook so you know the basic Icelandic phrases.
"You do not need to check Lonely Planet anymore. Just download this app on your phone and you are good to go".
"With this app, you are sure to have a blast in Iceland. You can plan your entire trip before you even arrive to the country".
If you have any problems or suggestions we would love to hear from you at email@example.com.
Do you need a local friend that you can trust to help you experience the best things that Iceland has to offer during your stay? We have a group of locals who have revealed their favorite places where they like to hang out. You will be able to have a local and unique experience, which will make your Iceland trip memorable. Download our free app today and see all that Iceland has to offer. We guarantee that it will help you have an authentic experience.
©2015 All Rights Reserved – Scandinavian Travel Services
Kids: have fun with the story and learn a bit about how you can help save the environment too!
Parents & Teachers: this interactive storybook is for you to use in the classroom or with your child (target group 7-11) to learn about the importance of water in our society, how to use it in moderation, the impact of polluted water on wildlife and habitats and the benefits we get from clean water.
The story features two children and their adventures with Fred, a well educated Frog who teaches them the error of their (and their parents' ways). It is packed with fun animations and interactive features. There are some challenging sections where the reader learns about the hydrological cycle and how water treatment works.
On the practical side, there are plenty of tips of how to conserve water. We hope that in your household or school this gives you some inspiration for projects and action.
Have fun! Don't forget to let us know what you think about the story by rating it and sharing it on Facebook, Twitter or E-Mail. Please also check out the European Commission's Directorate General for Environment's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/European-Commission-DG-Environment/305608429284
Launched by the European Commission in 2013, the app now covers all modes of transport in the EU – air, rail, bus and boat.
Your Passenger Rights gives clear and concise information on travel rights in the European Union. The question/answer format makes it easy for you to identify the problem you're having and get a clear explanation of your rights concerning that problem, and the options available to you.
The app includes features for visually impaired people (when supported by the device), is available in 25 languages and uses local storage on your device to avoid the need for data connectivity whilst travelling.
- Search jobs posted by all Public Employment Services in Europe, in any language.
- Mark jobs as ‘Favourites’ and easily access them later, or share with your friends.
- Find and contact EURES Advisers, who can provide you with personalised information and advice for your job move.
- Browse through upcoming events happening in Europe and add them to your calendar.
The app covers the 27 EU countries plus Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, and is available in 25 languages.
Choose your language now and take advantage of a continent of opportunities!
The WPT App gives access to the analytical tools necessary to evaluate the specific context, issues and needs in your project area, as well as operational checklists to guide you throughout the project lifecycle.
Use the WPT navigator to quickly find appropriate advice on your project by selecting your sector (Water Resource management, Basic services, Municipal services, Agriculture, Energy and Sector performance) and project phase (Programming, Identification, Formulation, Implementation and Evaluation-Audit).
Once it is installed, the WPT is also accessible offline.
The WPT app was developed by the Joint Research Centre with EuropeAid.
The Water Project Toolkit (WPT) aims to promote the sustainable development of the water sector, and is an example of the European Commission’s commitment to provide sound operational guidance to help improve the quality and effectiveness of sustainable water development projects. Based on internationally agreed principles, the WPT is a guide for those involved in developing the water sector, which helps them apply sound and environmentally sustainable practices in areas such as institutional management, socio-economic and public governance, finance, the environment, education, capacity building, communications and technology. It consists of step-by-step suggestions for the planning, identification, formulation, implementation and evaluation of water-development activities.
The first edition of the WPT was reviewed by the European Union Water Initiative (EUWI) and published by the European Commission in 1998 as a proposed strategic approach, and marked a turning point in water-related development cooperation. This second edition focuses on the evolution in international development cooperation and water sector policies over the past ten years.
The WPT is a living document which is available online at www.aquaknow.net.
The new EU infrastructure policy establishes, for the first time, a core transport network built on nine major corridors: 2 North–South corridors, 3 East–West corridors; and 4 diagonal corridors. The core network will transform East–West connections, remove bottlenecks, upgrade infrastructure and streamline cross-border transport operations for passengers and businesses throughout the EU. It will improve connections between different modes of transport and contribute to the EU's climate change objectives. The core network is to be completed by 2030. The availability of funding will depend on the successful conclusion of negotiations on the overall MFF 2014-2020.
The new core transport network will be supported by a comprehensive network of routes, feeding into the core network at regional and national level. The comprehensive network, will ensure full coverage of the EU and accessibility of all regions. The aim is to ensure that progressively, and by 2050, the great majority of Europe's citizens and businesses will be no more than 30 minutes' travel time from this comprehensive network.
Taken as a whole, the new transport network will deliver:
1. safer and less congested travel
2. smoother and quicker journeys.
The €26 billion (current prices) allocated to transport under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) of the MFF (multi-annual financial framework) will effectively act as "seed capital" to stimulate further investment by Member States to complete difficult cross-border connections and links which might not otherwise get built. It is estimated that the cost of implementing the first financing phase for the core network for 2014–2020 (see attached list of projects) will cost €250 billion. The core network is to be completed by 2030.
The new core network – the figures
The core network will connect:
1. 94 main European ports with rail and road links
2. 38 key airports with rail connections into major cities
3. 15,000 km of railway line upgraded to high speed
4. 35 cross-border projects to reduce bottlenecks
- Use interactive maps zoom, pan and overlay different TEN-T layers
- shows TEN-T comprehensive and core network for roads, railways, inland-waterways, ports airports, rail-road terminals. Filter by one or more countries
- shows TEN-T core network corridors
- shows TEN-T projects (unified mapping)
- innovation on TEN-T