The EHIC Android application is able to:
- store the information from a valid EHIC card
- present it in the EHIC standard layout
- share the card information via multiple ways
VIBRATION - the changing of the card fields is possible by hold-pressing on the card until a vibration is sensed.
- News Photo: News photo coverage of the week
- How the EU works
- EU Tube: YouTube space of the European Commission
- European Union is on Facebook
- EU institutions
- EU map
- EUROPA – EU website
- European Newspapers App
FREE Updates for both app and maps.
FREE Navigation license for OpenStreetMap.
BE-ON-ROAD is a free offline turn-by-turn gps navigation for Android based on OpenStreetMaps. Maps are updated multiple times per year and can be stored on your device, or SD card. That means, that you can navigate anywhere with the most recent maps even without the internet connection!
~ offline gps navigation
~ offline maps
~ free map updates
~ multi-language voice navigation (33 languages supported)
~ GPS / Glonass ready
~ speed limit warnings
~ fixed speed camera warnings (available in selected countries only)
~ 3D buildings
~ lane guidance
~ large POI database
~ pedestrian, car, or even bee-line navigation
~ night mode based on local sunset time
~ track recording
EUROPE - Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle Of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City
NORTH AMERICA - Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Bermuda, California, Canada, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana , Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
SOUTH AMERICA - Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Maarten, Suriname, Thailand and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Venezuela, Virgin Islands
ASIA - Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei, Cambodia, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Korea, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen
OCEANIA - American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
AFRICA - Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic Of The Congo, Cote d'lvoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Republic Of Tanzania, Western Sahara, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Having the Europeiske App on your mobile gives you access to Europeiske’s Alarm Center if you need immediate medical assistance while travelling. You also have access to direct telephone numbers and contact information to Europeiske’s worldwide assistance network. You will find advice on staying healthy on your travels, and what you should keep in mind if an incident occurs.
In addition, you will get access to direct telephone numbers to Europeiske’s Customer Center and Claims Center.
The Europeiske app tracks your current position (if GPS and data roaming are turned on).
The Europeiske app contains:
- Direct telephone number to Europeiske’s Alarm Center. One press on your mobile puts you in contact with the Alarm Center if you need immediate medical assistance while travelling.
- Geographic overview of Europeiske’s worldwide assistance network. Within seconds you will have access to telephone numbers, visiting address or e-mail address to your nearest service office, in addition to Sjømannskirken’s offices around the world, which are part of the Europeiske assistance network.
- Advice on trouble-free travels: How to stay healthy, what to consider if travelling with children, traffic advice and when you should contact us.
- Checklists on what to do if an incident has occurred and you need assistance.
- Telephone numbers to our Customer Center and Claims Center for questions regarding your insurance policy or your ongoing claim.
- GPS navigation with “find my position”. Navigation to the nearest service office or Sjømannskirke.
The choice of English or Norwegian app:
The app is available in Norwegian or English. The app language is based on your phone’s language settings. Language settings other than Norwegian will give you the English version.
The app is developed through a partnership between Europeiske and Tieto.
Sygic: GPS Navigation & Maps is The World’s Most Installed Offline turn-by-turn GPS navigation App for Android powered by TomTom Maps. Navigation and Maps are installed on the SD card so there is no need for an Internet connection when navigating. Map and app updates are FREE every 3 months.
You can enjoy free navigation, gps, offline TomTom maps, POIs, route planning & free map updates.
To get the most of the navigation, upgrade to premium and enjoy high-end lifetime features: 3D maps, real-time turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation, lane guidance, speed limit warnings & junction view with lane indicator arrows at complex intersections.
How to install Sygic: GPS Navigation & Maps for Android: http://bit.ly/1Im8J4a
• Intuitive voice navigation in different languages
• High quality TomTom maps stored on the device
• Cross-border routing & navigation without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map
• Works with GPS only, internet is not needed
• Millions of free pre-installed POIs
• Free map updates & Free POI database updates
• Free updates of Fixed speed cameras
• Head-up Display (HUD) available as in app purchase
• 3D Cities & Landscape for easy orientation
• Pedestrian navigation to walk and explore
• Dynamic Lane Guidance for safe lane changes
• Junction View to highlights highway exists
• Warnings for exceeded Speed Limit
• Warnings for fixed speedcams
• Police trap warnings from other drivers
• Spoken Street Names to focus on the road
• Three Alternative Routes to choose from
• Easy Drag & Drop route editing
• Waypoints for places you want to visit
• Avoid Toll Roads on your route
• Graphics optimized for tablet & HD displays
• Car Audio Integration – Bluetooth or cable
ADD-ON FEATURES (in-app purchase)
• Traffic service to avoid delays in your daily commute
• Get navigation instructions from Homer Simpson & other original celebrity voices
• Premium online speed cameras with 300 000 mobile speedcam locations each month
• Head Up Display (HUD) projects GPS navigation onto your windshield
MAPS AVAILABLE FOR FREE:
Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belgium, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Canada, Canary Islands, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Democratic Republic of Congo, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Gabon, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy,Israel, India, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Congo, Reunion, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, USA, Vatican, Vietnam, Venezuela, Zambia, Zimbabwe, India, Saint Barthelemy, Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Saint Martin, Martinique, Iceland, Lebanon, Jordan, Burundi, Rwanda
Transit roads only: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Moldova
MAPS AVAILABLE ONLY WITH PREMIUM:
Sygic | Bringing life to map
See the world
- The comprehensive map of the whole globe is regularly updated;
- Satellite images and street panoramas help you find your way around;
- Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian city maps are available offline.
Look up the business directory
- You can search addresses as well as cafes, pharmacies, ATMs, gas stations and so on;
- The convenient directory allows you to look up organizations to get detailed info such as office hours, contact details, ratings and a list of services;
- Voice search lets you navigate maps while on the move or behind the wheel;
- Your favorite places can be saved as bookmarks.
Find the best route
- Get real-time information about traffic jams, accidents, roadworks, police speed radars, etc.;
- Route mapping takes into account traffic jams;
- All stops for public transport routes are displayed.
2GIS provides 3D-maps of 180+ cities, contacts of 1.5 million companies, car routing and public transport routes and and more! 2GIS is a complete and up-to-date directory of organizations with detailed cities’ maps. 2GIS provides verified information only.
The app can operate offline even without mobile data plan!
85 major metro areas available for download:
UAE (Dubai), Cyprus (Lefkosia, Lemesos),Italia (Padova, Venezia),Czech Republic (Prague),Chile (Santiago), Moscow, St. Petersburg, Abakan, Almaty, Arkhangelsk, Astrakhan, Barnaul, Belgorod, Biysk, Blagoveshchensk, Bratsk, Bryansk, Veliky Novgorod, Vladivostok, Vladimir, Volgograd, Vologda, Voronezh, Gorno-Altaisk, Donetsk, Yekaterinburg, Ivanovo, Izhevsk, Irkutsk, Yoshkar Ola, Kazan, Kaliningrad, Kaluga, Kemerovo, Kirov, Kostroma, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Kurgan, Kursk, Lipetsk, Magnitogorsk, Naberezhnye Chelny, Nizhnevartovsk, Nizhny Novgorod, Nizhny Tagil, Novokuznetsk, Novosibirsk, Odessa, Omsk, Orenburg, Perm, Penza, Prague, Rostov-on-Don, Ryazan, Samara, Saratov, Smolensk, Sochi, Stavropol, Stary Oskol, Sterlitamak, Surgut, Syktyvkar, Tver, Tolyatti, Tomsk, Tula, Tyumen, Ulan-Ude, Ulyanovsk, Ufa, Khabarovsk, Cheboksary, Chelyabinsk, Chita, Yakutsk, and Yaroslavl.
- Verified information on over 1.5 million organizations (including public institutions such as hospitals, schools, police stations, and etc.):
- Addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, websites, working hours and payment methods;
- Detailed 3D maps with such attributions as – buildings’ amount of floors, driveways, kiosks and fences;
- Car routing and searching for public transportation routes with transfers and pedestrian crossings.
2GIS allows you to:
- Find the location of the company you are looking for, find out its phone number and make a call;
- Find a desired location on the map of the city: a building (using its address), a public transport station or just a well-known object;
- Tap on any building on the map and find out its address, amount of floors and organizations that reside there;
- Find all companies in a specific business area, view them on the map, and filter out the ones that are open at a convenient time or right now;
- Find how to get to your destination by car or by public transport;
-Identify your location and find out what is close to you.
Once 2GIS is installed, select the city you need to download the data. The application does not require Internet connection to operate with the directories and maps. Afterwards you can receive the most up-to-date information every month with just one tap using the built-in automatic update system.
Business listings are verified by 2GIS’s own call-center and ‘field teams’, who update the databases on a monthly basis. 2GIS maps are created by professional cartographers based on up-to-date satellite images and with regular on-site verification.
- downloading map for arbitrary area
- searching objects using object name or object type
- address search (by street name & house number)
- search by coordinates
- showing touristic places
- showing pubs in the selected area :)
- tracking location via GPS/WIFI/cellular
- share POI coordinates with friends via SMS
- add locations to the 'favorites'
- based on openstreemap & osmdroid
“Europa-Park Guide” offers following functions:
1. Map Navigator
Get your bearings inside Europa-Park thanks to GPS. A menu with different filters will allow you to display the places and information you chose: attractions, shows, restaurants, shopping or services (toilets, information desks, cash dispensers, etc.). A search function (GPS or text) will also help you to find your way in the park.
Keep yourself informed and find out about the last novelties and events of Europa-Park.
With our daily updated show schedule, which can be classified by name or beginning time, you will never miss your favourite show again.
4. Parking Place Assistant
When you park on the visitors’ parking-lot, activate our “Parking Place Assistant”. This function will memorise the position of your vehicle, so that you can find it easily after a day full of adventures.
5. Navigate to Park
With “Europa-Park Guide”, it’s really easy to get to Europa-Park. Use the function “Navigate to Park” and you will find out immediately your route to Europa-Park and the estimated duration of your trip.
Discover the last weather forecast for Europa-Park.
7. Park closing
Receive information about how long the park is open today.
Send us an e-mail or call us. We are always there for you!
9. Europa-Park TV
Stay up-to-date with videos of our YouTube channel, even in the off-season.
While on assignment it is important that an expatriate is prepared for the unexpected, especially as it concerns your health. Expat-Health has thoroughly researched international health insurance plans and has found that the International Medical Group® (IMG) plan best meets the needs of expatriates of all nationalities for their private health insurance.
What you Need While Overseas
While living overseas there are several features that you should have in your international health insurance plan. First, is that you should have a fully comprehensive health insurance coverage. It is no sense having to cut short your assignment due to lack of adequate cover. Expat health insurance is extremely necessary to help cover you and your family from unnecessary risks!
All expatriates should have medical evacuation. As an expatriate, you will probably find yourself traveling more and more to exotic places. If an emergency happens, you will need to get to first rate care quickly.
For U.S. and Canadian citizens it is important to have access to medical care in your home country. We have found a plan that offers private health insurance at first-rate medical care facilities in North America.
Direct billing and prompt claims reimbursement is extremely important. Taking a lot of strain out of claims filing is the ability to pay claims directly to the provider.
As an expatriate you need to have the choice of where you want to receive medical care. The plans we feature provide you with complete choice of medical providers.
↪︎ ROUTING IS OUT ↩︎
Get driving directions from your current location to any spot on a single map.
➣ Over 15M downloads worldwide.
➣ TOP 1 mobile travel app in more than 100 countries.
➣ Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch and Washington Post.
Optimised for your phone and tablet (even without 3G).
➣ ROUTING. Receive map directions to a specific location. Never get lost again with GPS navigation.
➣ WORKS EVERYWHERE. Download any map for free. Useful at home and essential for travel with 345 countries and islands covered. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check. Pare-Pare? Yeah, that’s Indonesia. Check!
➣ HIGHLY DETAILED. Offline maps just got better! There’s millions of points-of-interest (POI) to discover: search for restaurants, tourist attractions and destinations, gas/petrol stations, ATM machines, metro/ subway stations and more. Up-to-date map data is added daily by map users worldwide – www.openstreetmap.org – open-source alternative to Google Maps/GMaps and MapQuest.
➣ NO INTERNET NEEDED. Maps work when no internet connection is available. Forget about roaming charges when travelling abroad.
➣ INCREDIBLY FAST. One of the fastest offline maps ever. Displays map when others don’t. Innovative map data compression makes MAPS.ME offline maps remarkably small. Save memory on your device.
➣ Bookmarks of places. Create and import/export from other maps for easy access anytime. KML/KMZ files are supported.
➣ Offline search. Locate everything you need on the maps and use it as a travel guide!
➣ Location-sharing. Let your friends and family know where you are! Send a pin of any place on the map via email or SMS.
➣ Auto-follow mode. When enabled, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.
If you have any questions, contact us at: email@example.com. We respond to every enquiry.
Available map layers:
• Topomaps worldwide (100K-500K worldwide seamless coverage)
• Google Maps (Satellite images, Road- and Terrain-Map)
• Open Street Maps (OSM Mapnik, Osmarender and Cloudemade Cyclemap)
This app gives you similar mapping options as you might know from Garmin or Magellan GPS handhelds.
Main features for Outdoor-Navigation:
• Create and edit Waypoints
• Track Recording (with speed and elevation profile)
• Tripmaster with fields for odometer, average speed, bearing, elevation, etc.
• GPX-Import / Export, KML-Export
• Search (placenames, POIs, streets)
• Customizable datafields in Map View and Tripmaster (e.g. Speed, Distance, Compass, ...)
• Bulk-download of map tiles for OFFLINE USAGE (NOT in free version)
• Waypoint-/Track-Sharing (via eMail, Facebook, ..)
• and many more ...
Soviet Military Maps is the perfect moving map app for offroad trips, adventure travels and expeditions. You are planning cross country trips to Sahara desert or a trekking tour to the Himalayas ? With the Russian topos you have always a great alternative to other map sources. Beneath the good topography the maps include many small trails and unpaved roads that are missing in other map sets.
The Russian maps have additional English labels.
Attention: The Soviet Military Maps were created mainly in the 80ies and are less interesting for industrialized countries. Outside Africa and Asia you'll find the OSM / Google map layers more useful.
Please note: This app does not provide direct "Turn-by-Turn" navigation - but with a selected waypoint you can easily switch to Google Navigation.
LIMITATIONS OF THE FREE VERSION:
• Max. 3 Waypoints
• Max. 3 Tracks
• No import of waypoints and tracks
• No Bulkdownload
• No Local City DB (Offline Search)
• No Hillshading Overlay
Please contact us if you have any questions, feature requests or bug reports regarding this app: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can browse the Soviet Military Maps here (only up to zoom level 12): http://www.topomapper.com
See the coverage of the different map scales: http://www.topomapper.com/images/topomapper-coverage.jpg
Scale 1:100.000 and 1:200.000 :
Europe, Afghanistan, Georgia, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Morocco, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan
Scale 1:200.000 :
Afghanistan, Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, DR Congo (part), Djibouti, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Finland, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya (part), Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Moldova, Mongolia , Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka , Sudan, Svalbard, Swaziland, Sweden, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania (part), Thailand, The Gambia, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Scale 1:250.000 (Local maps from USGS, Geoscience Australia, CTIO ):
USA, Canada, Australia
All other countries
Map legend and cyrillic alphabet:
※アプリケーションバージョン5.0.0以降の新しいアプリは、Android OS 2.3.3以上のスマートフォンでダウンロード頂けます。AndroidのOS2.3.3以前の機種では4.x系のアプリケーションがダウンロードされます。ご了承下さい。
show GPS location on the map.
search: streets, places and more.
compass quality changed from one device to another, also try to avoid magnetic fields when you use this compass.
map, GPS, search, compass can have mistakes, don't trust only this map if you travel and need to know where you are.
the compass is a individual object that flow on the map, and can dragged by touch.
can be great for travels in cities, overseas travels and more.
it also can be nice to just play with it.
- compass based on device magnetic field.
- GPS current location (estimated).
- Search option.
- easy to use.
- map based on openstreemap.
and 4 types of coordinate representations:
- degrees, minutes and seconds ( N 45 ° 48 ' 40.47 " E 22 ° 48 ' 28.06 " )
- degrees and minutes ( N 50 ° 11.17 ' E 9 ° 53.05 ' )
- decimal degrees ( Lat: -8.21 Long: - 61.11 )
- MGRS (35TLK5241798377)
Map supported operations are:
- 3D for normal map type
- tilt using 2 fingers drag
- rotation using 2 fingers rotation
- drag & drop marker
This app is very intuitive and easy to use, designed to help you determine the coordinates of specific point on the map and share them with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts. If your device is rooted and you have checked the share screenshot option, a screenshot of the map will also be attached if you share your location via email. In addition, you can visualize the location on the map of certain coordinates or address.
In the „Settings” screen you can switch between the available coordinates types, set the precision of MGRS coordinates type, you can show or hide the „Address bar” and you can enable or disable the „Measure tool” for which you can select different measure units, depending on your needs. The available measure units are: „Metric”, „Imperial” and „Marine”.
There is also a "Get Directions" button which opens Google Maps Directions feature and displays directions from your current location (or any location that you choose there) to the location pinned in Map Coordinates. This feature is very helpful when you wish to see how much time you need to reach a point and which course you should take.
Another useful feature is „Copy to clipboard”. Using it, you copy the selected coordinates or address and paste them anywhere you need.
More recent features are „History” which holds all your locations history and „Favorites” which are locations saved by you with a touch of a button so you have your favorite destinations always right at hand.
This being said, I hope you enjoy this app and please feel free to contact me via email if you have any questions, comments or suggestions. Also please report any bugs that you might observe, and I will fix them as soon as possible.
Launched by the European Commission in 2013, the app now covers all modes of transport in the EU – air, rail, bus and boat.
Your Passenger Rights gives clear and concise information on travel rights in the European Union. The question/answer format makes it easy for you to identify the problem you're having and get a clear explanation of your rights concerning that problem, and the options available to you.
The app includes features for visually impaired people (when supported by the device), is available in 25 languages and uses local storage on your device to avoid the need for data connectivity whilst travelling.
Results can be found at http://srm.jrc.ec.europa.eu/
- Search jobs posted by all Public Employment Services in Europe, in any language.
- Mark jobs as ‘Favourites’ and easily access them later, or share with your friends.
- Find and contact EURES Advisers, who can provide you with personalised information and advice for your job move.
- Browse through upcoming events happening in Europe and add them to your calendar.
The app covers the 27 EU countries plus Iceland, Lichtenstein, Norway and Switzerland, and is available in 25 languages.
Choose your language now and take advantage of a continent of opportunities!
Kids: have fun with the story and learn a bit about how you can help save the environment too!
Parents & Teachers: this interactive storybook is for you to use in the classroom or with your child (target group 7-11) to learn about the importance of water in our society, how to use it in moderation, the impact of polluted water on wildlife and habitats and the benefits we get from clean water.
The story features two children and their adventures with Fred, a well educated Frog who teaches them the error of their (and their parents' ways). It is packed with fun animations and interactive features. There are some challenging sections where the reader learns about the hydrological cycle and how water treatment works.
On the practical side, there are plenty of tips of how to conserve water. We hope that in your household or school this gives you some inspiration for projects and action.
Have fun! Don't forget to let us know what you think about the story by rating it and sharing it on Facebook, Twitter or E-Mail. Please also check out the European Commission's Directorate General for Environment's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/European-Commission-DG-Environment/305608429284
Discover the extensive research carried out under the FP7 across all sectors - from aviation to maritime, agriculture to rail.
Easily search the database using such criteria as project name, partners and many more.
Don't miss out on the next round of EGNSS research - happening now with Horizon 2020 (H2020).
The WPT App gives access to the analytical tools necessary to evaluate the specific context, issues and needs in your project area, as well as operational checklists to guide you throughout the project lifecycle.
Use the WPT navigator to quickly find appropriate advice on your project by selecting your sector (Water Resource management, Basic services, Municipal services, Agriculture, Energy and Sector performance) and project phase (Programming, Identification, Formulation, Implementation and Evaluation-Audit).
Once it is installed, the WPT is also accessible offline.
The WPT app was developed by the Joint Research Centre with EuropeAid.
The Water Project Toolkit (WPT) aims to promote the sustainable development of the water sector, and is an example of the European Commission’s commitment to provide sound operational guidance to help improve the quality and effectiveness of sustainable water development projects. Based on internationally agreed principles, the WPT is a guide for those involved in developing the water sector, which helps them apply sound and environmentally sustainable practices in areas such as institutional management, socio-economic and public governance, finance, the environment, education, capacity building, communications and technology. It consists of step-by-step suggestions for the planning, identification, formulation, implementation and evaluation of water-development activities.
The first edition of the WPT was reviewed by the European Union Water Initiative (EUWI) and published by the European Commission in 1998 as a proposed strategic approach, and marked a turning point in water-related development cooperation. This second edition focuses on the evolution in international development cooperation and water sector policies over the past ten years.
The WPT is a living document which is available online at www.aquaknow.net.
The new EU infrastructure policy establishes, for the first time, a core transport network built on nine major corridors: 2 North–South corridors, 3 East–West corridors; and 4 diagonal corridors. The core network will transform East–West connections, remove bottlenecks, upgrade infrastructure and streamline cross-border transport operations for passengers and businesses throughout the EU. It will improve connections between different modes of transport and contribute to the EU's climate change objectives. The core network is to be completed by 2030. The availability of funding will depend on the successful conclusion of negotiations on the overall MFF 2014-2020.
The new core transport network will be supported by a comprehensive network of routes, feeding into the core network at regional and national level. The comprehensive network, will ensure full coverage of the EU and accessibility of all regions. The aim is to ensure that progressively, and by 2050, the great majority of Europe's citizens and businesses will be no more than 30 minutes' travel time from this comprehensive network.
Taken as a whole, the new transport network will deliver:
1. safer and less congested travel
2. smoother and quicker journeys.
The €26 billion (current prices) allocated to transport under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) of the MFF (multi-annual financial framework) will effectively act as "seed capital" to stimulate further investment by Member States to complete difficult cross-border connections and links which might not otherwise get built. It is estimated that the cost of implementing the first financing phase for the core network for 2014–2020 (see attached list of projects) will cost €250 billion. The core network is to be completed by 2030.
The new core network – the figures
The core network will connect:
1. 94 main European ports with rail and road links
2. 38 key airports with rail connections into major cities
3. 15,000 km of railway line upgraded to high speed
4. 35 cross-border projects to reduce bottlenecks
- Use interactive maps zoom, pan and overlay different TEN-T layers
- shows TEN-T comprehensive and core network for roads, railways, inland-waterways, ports airports, rail-road terminals. Filter by one or more countries
- shows TEN-T core network corridors
- shows TEN-T projects (unified mapping)
- innovation on TEN-T