We fight against loneliness among the people with dementia and created https://www.grandtime.app/ GrandTime is a video call and messaging solution designed especially for the elderly.
The elderly don’t need to have experience with smartphones or tablets. The solution is really simple and suits also well for people with dementia, Parkinson's Disease and other cognitive disorders. To use the application you don’t need SIMcard or the number from telecom, just plain internet. The video and messaging is between two phones.
GrandTime application has two views: the elderly and the family. The app requires two devices. If you have a spare smart device, you can turn it into the elderly phone. So you can reach your older loved one with video call any time. If your elderly doesn’t answer and you are worried, you can start the call from their side using automatic video call function.
Device for the elderly.
After logging in GrandTime you choose the elderly account and the screen shows the predefined user interface. The screen is locked and the elderly can call only the predefined contacts.
Family member device
The second device is your normal, everyday phone. From family view you can create an elderly account, manage elderly device, add contacts to the elderly, set up reminders and send messages. And of course, make video calls.
We involved in GrandTime designing therapists, people with dementia and their carers. And we focused on how to make life easier for families.
Focus on your loved one and not on logistics
Replace personal visits to your elderly with GrandTime video chat.
Use GrandTime to send reminders and messages
Help to remember
* Schedule the messages to remind the medication, lunchtime, bath taking or other events.
* Reduce the anxiety by letting the elderly know what will happen with messages
Make them part of your life
* they can sense people around them when you show them what you are doing
* Children can play games or study with grandparents and make them feel useful
Let the elderly feel secure
* when they feel bad you can see each other and talk, it helps a lot
* You can check your close one every hour if you need it because there are unlimited calls included in the plans.
Don’t waste caregivers time just for check-in
* Replace short check-in with clients with video calls
* Monitor your patients through a video call
Everyone can download and register for free. The subscription is elderly based and you can invite up to 6 family members/carers to connect with elderly for free. The first 14 days is a trial period and it is free of charge.
Plans: €14.99 / billed quarterly or €44.99 / billed yearly - for one elderly, unlimited video calls and messages. Up to 7 contacts for the elderly.