HELP2 is a project funded by the European Commission as part of the Erasmus+ educational programme. The learning materials come from an international team of authors: teachers, language experts, medical doctors, and nurses from seven countries, which lends the project a truly European perspective.
HELP2 expands the existing learning platform HELP - Healthcare English Language Programme, which is available free of charge at https: //help-theproject.eu/moodle/. In 2017, the project was awarded with the European Language Label. HELP2 supplies 24 additional thematic modules to the 20 already available in HELP.
The main features of HELP2 are:
• Free access to all the modules;
• It is available to everyone who wants or needs to improve their communication skills in a foreign language and their intercultural competence in a more common intercultural workplace;
• It focuses on selected areas of nursing, allied health professions, and geriatric care, complementing the previous HELP modules;
• It comes in a modular structure in Moodle;
• It develops communication skills for healthcare professionals with focus on listening and speaking;
• It follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at B1/B2 levels in English and German.
The programme is suitable for education in formal learning settings as well as for independent, self-paced learning in the workplace.
What does HELP2 provide?
Holistic approach combining development of foreign language and intercultural competences in one learning programme.
• 14 new modules in English on healthcare specializations and 6 on intercultural topics;
• 10 modules in German, including 7 modules on general healthcare and three modules on development of intercultural competence.
The learning programme is available for free as:
• An online platform in Moodle at: https://help2project.eu/moodle/;
• A mobile app for Android devices;
• PDF’s and media files for download.