Now you can speak out and it will lookup the word in the dictionary for you. It is hands-free dictionary! It can also pronounce the word for you. It includes English,Spanish,French,Italian,German Dictionary.
Turn on Setting->Speech synthesis before use. Network required for the Dictionary
It's free and useful. The animations are fun and will help students.- Review by ICAL TEFL, a leading provider of English language courses
Recommended as number 1 app in "7 Helpful Study Apps for GRE, LSAT, and GMAT Preparation" - University of Michigan Campus Life News
*** The best Dictionary and Vocabulary App in the App store ***
illustrate - Video Dictionary is effective at teaching new words and understanding meanings. illustrate provides videos with context and real life examples allowing the learner to grasp definitions and usage with ease. Over 90% of the content on illustrate - Video Dictionary is FREE.
Illustrate - The Video Dictionary is an amazing tool for any one looking to enhance their English vocabulary. This app has precisely been made to provide assistance to the educators, students, and candidates who want to crack the SAT/GRE / GMAT exams. - Review by Edtech Review
*** User Testimonials ***
1. This is an awesome one. I am using it everyday. I see the difference in progress in using the typical method against this app. It’s the first of its kind in the app list.
2. Fantabulous! It’s a must have app and the best app for those who want to improve vocabulary. Visual aid does everything when it comes to remembering.
3. Smart application! Easy to use and quick to access. The video illustrations are precise and clear.
illustrate uses animated videos containing actual conversations and context as means to explain and elaborate the meaning of English words. The contextual explanation and visual illustration help the users understand the accurate meanings of a word and their usage. The app is useful for anyone looking to further their understanding of English words or improve their vocabulary - from young students learning new words to working adults trying to better their vocabulary to teachers searching for tools to explain words to their students to candidates appearing for tests like SAT, GRE, GMAT, ACT, MCAT and LSAT. The app is also suitable for students in the ESL and EFL programs.
* Illustrate explains the meaning and usage of English language words using easy to understand videos.
* The animated videos showcase actual scenarios and conversations explaining the context and accurate usage of the word.
* Visual content and contextual information helps the user with remembering the correct meaning of words.
* The app is an excellent resource to improve vocabulary for candidates appearing in standardized tests like SAT, GRE, GMAT, ACT, MCAT and LSAT
* A search tool is implemented to easily find words of interest.
* The user can mark words as 'favorites' to make them easier to find later.
* The 'Trending' Section allows users to explore what other illustrate users find interesting at the current point in time.
* A new 'Word Of The Day' is updated daily to help users discover new and interesting words.
* A new 'Question Of The Day' is provided daily that tests the usage of English words in sentences
* A new 'Fact Of the Day' is offered everyday for users to learn interesting tidbits about the English language.
* For every word, the app suggests other relevant words to explore.
It can be resized, moved and minimized to notification panel.
With the transparency option user can see the application behind the Popup Dictionary.
It can receive text from other applications via Share function.
A long click on a search result adds that word into favorite words .
Integreated with Google Translate.
Please send your request and feedback by email.
Keywords : popup dictionary, onscreen dictionary, dictionary, english, spanish, french, russian, android dictionary, floating dictionary, translate, floating translate
An AlphaMetic is sometimes called a cryptarithm, cryptogram, verbal arithmetic, cryptarithmetic, crypt-arithmetic or word addition. It's logical and fun, it's #AlphaMetic
Follow @AlphaMeticApp for Tweet #MathJokes every day! #LetsGetWordy
Compatible with phones, tablets and hardware keyboards.
How to play.
1. Tap a letter.
2. Tap a number.
Repeats steps 1 and 2 until Check is active.
3. Tap Check to verify.
Long press a letter assigned a number to reset to a letter.
Let's get wordy!®
By Tom Petersen
TTS enabled phones can SPEAK the definition.
* Three definitions per word.
* Two (session) word history.
* Tablet friendly.
* Post Quick definition to your Facebook wall.
* Tweet Quick definition.
Follow @VoiceDictionary for a daily definition, Victor Dimitry on Google+ and VoiceDictionary on Facebook.
#VoiceDictionary #LetsGetWordy #dailyGFXdef #DailyDef
Repository of Daily Definitions
SMS definition to phone.
Voice button active.
Unlimited definitions per word.
Unlimited (session) word history.
Expanded full definition with parts of speech and spoken pronunciation TV friendly.
By Tom Petersen