-- Features --
* View lots of fractal backgrounds
* Set image as wallpaper
* Save/View photos
* Share wallpapers (email, facebook, twitter, MMS)
* Favorite backgrounds you like
* Receive notifications when new wallpapers are uploaded (can be switched off in settings)
* Tablet support
* Upload your photos! (will appear in the application after approval)
-- What are fractals? --
Fractals are typically self-similar patterns, where self-similar means they are "the same from near as from far". Fractals may be exactly the same at every scale, or they may be nearly the same at different scales.
Fractal art is a form of algorithmic art created by calculating fractal objects and representing the calculation results as still images, animations, and media. Fractal art developed from the mid 1980s onwards. It is a genre of computer art and digital art which are part of new media art. The Julia set and Mandlebrot sets can be considered as icons of fractal art.
-- Internet Usage --
Application uses Internet connection to load wallpapers. There are a lot of them so they could not be provided with the application.
-- Feedback --
If you have any suggested features or improvements please leave a comment, or send me an email at kodlan @ gmail.com.
In case something is not working correctly please let me know, I'll be glad to fix that.
Please post comments and feedback. When posting low rating please describe what is wrong to give the possibility to fix that issue.
-- Ads --
There are ads in this app. Backgrounds for this app are stored on the Internet and this costs money.
Application is free, it does not promote paid version of this app, the only way to support future development is to include ads.
Please treat that with understanding.
-- Permissions --
* INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - required to load wallpapers from internet
* SET_WALLPAPER - required to change wallpaper image
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - application uses SD card for background caching, that saves network bandwidth and battery.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - required for automatic check for new backgrounds/wallpapers
-- Note --
Application provides upload functionality to users, some of images are uploaded by users.
The most important features are:
* Interpreter for your own formulas
* * Includes macros for newton and nova-fractals
* Edit color palette
* * HSV-Editing
* * L*a*b-colors
* * Cubic-spline-interpolation
* Intuitive multitouch support
* * Moving some finger on the screen moves the pixel below it accordingly.
* * Support for up to 3 fingers
* Save images of arbitrary size (PNG)
* * Images are added to the gallery automatically
* * Images can be shared or set as wall paper.
* Bookmarks: Save your favorite spots and fractals
* Caching of values
* * Changing color palette does not require to recalculate the whole image.
* * Range of values can be normalized or set to some custom range.
* Instant previews
* Free, no advertisement
Find a manual online:
The source code is available under GPLv3:
Live Demo in your Browser: http://www.infinitezoom.net
* Mind-warping never-ending zoom animations with beautifully crafted artwork.
* Customize with different color modes.
* Four free patterns included. Upgrade with additional Pattern Packs for a total choice of 19 pattern artworks.
* Ad free.
* Includes Daydream screensaver for Android 4.2+