-- Features --
* View lots of fractal backgrounds
* Set image as wallpaper
* Save/View photos
* Share wallpapers (email, facebook, twitter, MMS)
* Favorite backgrounds you like
* Receive notifications when new wallpapers are uploaded (can be switched off in settings)
* Tablet support
* Upload your photos! (will appear in the application after approval)
-- What are fractals? --
Fractals are typically self-similar patterns, where self-similar means they are "the same from near as from far". Fractals may be exactly the same at every scale, or they may be nearly the same at different scales.
Fractal art is a form of algorithmic art created by calculating fractal objects and representing the calculation results as still images, animations, and media. Fractal art developed from the mid 1980s onwards. It is a genre of computer art and digital art which are part of new media art. The Julia set and Mandlebrot sets can be considered as icons of fractal art.
-- Internet Usage --
Application uses Internet connection to load wallpapers. There are a lot of them so they could not be provided with the application.
-- Feedback --
If you have any suggested features or improvements please leave a comment, or send me an email at kodlan @ gmail.com.
In case something is not working correctly please let me know, I'll be glad to fix that.
Please post comments and feedback. When posting low rating please describe what is wrong to give the possibility to fix that issue.
-- Ads --
There are ads in this app. Backgrounds for this app are stored on the Internet and this costs money.
Application is free, it does not promote paid version of this app, the only way to support future development is to include ads.
Please treat that with understanding.
-- Permissions --
* INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - required to load wallpapers from internet
* SET_WALLPAPER - required to change wallpaper image
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - application uses SD card for background caching, that saves network bandwidth and battery.
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - required for automatic check for new backgrounds/wallpapers
-- Note --
Application provides upload functionality to users, some of images are uploaded by users.
- Load and explore the predefined fractals (menu Presets -> Load)
- Double tap to zoom on single-touch only devices
- Long tap to repeat last action
- Read the help contents to find out more on how to use the app
NOTE: If the application menu is not reachable on newer devices, do a long click on the right soft key of your device.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Lyapunov fractals are bifurcational fractals derived from an extension of the logistic map in which the degree of the growth of the population periodically switches between two
values A and B.
A Lyapunov fractal is constructed by mapping the regions of stability and chaotic behaviour (measured using the Lyapunov exponent λ) in the a−b plane for a given periodic sequence of As and Bs.
- Fully parameterizable algorithm
- Drag and zoom gestures
- Visualization of partial results
- Numerous coloration possibilities
- Save and exchange fractal settings
- Many predefined fractal settings
- Lots of predefined color gradients
- Save fractals as image
- Full-screen visualization
— Benoit Mandelbrot
Fractal Geometry of Nature
Mandelbrot set is in spite of the simple rule generation ( Z(n+1) = Z(n)^2+c ) surprisingly very complex structure.
It has interesting fractal attribute: its surface is finite, but the perimeter is infinite.
It means that when you zoom in mandelbrot set new graphical structures appears.
Fractal Wallpaper Generator allows zoom up to scale of 1:10 000 000 000 000
if Mandelbrot set was as big as Earth, the Fractal Wallpaper Generator allows zoom in up to 1 thousandth of a millimeter (0.001mm).
The final appearance of the fractal image (optionally wallpaper) depends on suitably chosen color palette.
You can choose between randomly generated palette, several predefined palettes and it's possible to modify, eventually create your own palette by using the color palette tool.
Created fractals can be stored in internal or external memory.
Fractal Wallpaper Generator includes unique access to our online galleries requiring only a minimum net traffic - (only sending configuration XML file and not the entire bitmap images) .
There is also the possibility to send a fractal in the form of email (xml file with size less than few KB) with attachment to us and we will publish it in the online gallery.
Feature 'Export to file' allows you to create a set of the image files which can be merged into a huge fractal (may be several meters large!).
Fractal Wallpaper Generator has integrated facebook api and it is possible to submit fractal image on a user's facebook wall directly from app and possibly to facebook Fractal Wallpaper Generator community gallery as well.
Discover the world of Mandelbrot fractal and generate your personal wallpaper.
- Sending wallpapers through SMS (TXT) and MMS.
- Only HD quality.
- Save the images to your album.
- Share beautiful wallpapers with other apps and people.
- Julia set of second, third and fourth power (z^n+z_c) transformation,
- portrait and landscape orientation,
- share your fractals with friends.
- more color patterns
The most important features are:
* Interpreter for your own formulas
* * Includes macros for newton and nova-fractals
* Edit color palette
* * HSV-Editing
* * L*a*b-colors
* * Cubic-spline-interpolation
* Intuitive multitouch support
* * Moving some finger on the screen moves the pixel below it accordingly.
* * Support for up to 3 fingers
* Save images of arbitrary size (PNG)
* * Images are added to the gallery automatically
* * Images can be shared or set as wall paper.
* Bookmarks: Save your favorite spots and fractals
* Caching of values
* * Changing color palette does not require to recalculate the whole image.
* * Range of values can be normalized or set to some custom range.
* Instant previews
* Free, no advertisement
Find a manual online:
The source code is available under GPLv3: