Great training timer for Crossfit training, HIIT, interval timer, tabata, round timer, running, c25k timer, etc.
- Merge several sets into large workout
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Warning ticks
- Advanced sound settings
- Skip forward in workout
If you have questions, encounter bugs or have suggestions for improvements, please do not hesitate to mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internet access is used for ads and license check.
The app reads phone state in order to pause workout on incoming phonecalls.
We’re proud to introduce this handy interval timer that helps you keep track of your work and rest periods during your HIIT interval training and workouts. This app is an awesome training timer, whether you're working on cycling, running, lifting weights, exercise, workout, stretching, boxing, MMA or HIIT, this interval timer will prove to be an invaluable asset for your HIIT interval training.
This app can be used as HIIT timer, tabata timer, round timer, and anything else about interval training you want to track.
Running foreground, background or with device locked, Interval Timer allows you specify an overall time as well as program High/Low intensity interval and rest time between sets.
Key Features of Interval Timer:
- Customizable sets, high/low intensity interval and rest for your own need
- Continue to run even when screen is locked
Customizable Features of Interval Timer:
- Number of Sets
- Countdown Time
- Set Time
- Low Interval time
- High Interval time
- Rest Time
- First Interval (low or high)
- Sound Volume
- Timer Sounds
- Auto Lock
- Pause during Rest
- New Each Set
The Runtastic Timer app is more than a stopwatch or countdown clock. Whether it’s for your HIIT workouts, circuit training or at-home bodyweight training workouts, this app is for you. Set as many timers on your smartphone as you desire, save these settings, and use your customized timers again and again. Define your workout intervals (workout, rest periods, sets, reps) and construct unique, personalized workouts!
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS:
* Customize your timer with various activity phases:
- Rest period
* Voice feedback: Constantly looking at your smartphone and clock is a problem of the past
* Create an infinite number of timers, save them, and use these again and again
* Determine sets of workout phases and rest periods, and how often you want to repeat your routine
* Displays both total time and remaining time
Use our timer app for training at the gym, with weights, kettle bells, spinning, bodyweight exercises or other fitness activities! The Runtastic Timer app is also a great fit for those engaging in HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) training, interval training, or boot camp style circuit training!
The countdown is on! Download the practical Runtastic Timer app today, and enjoy the unique timing benefits during fitness activities and in your everyday life!
This app has been created to be SIMPLE : it’s simple to set up your workout, it’s simple to use so you can forget about it during your training and just follow the sounds. And when you’re done, you can share your results with your friends on Twitter and Facebook !
First it was developed for HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts, a famous method to burn fat in a short & intense workout. But our users showed us you can use it every time you need a timer : crossfit, running, cycling, HIIT, Tabata, yoga, stretching, fitness, weightlifting ... and even cooking !
And now you can even use it with a fitness card game called "HIIT the Game" ! http://bit.ly/HIITTHEGAME
* WHAT’S HIIT ? *
High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 4–30 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning.
This definition comes from wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-intensity_interval_training) where you can find a lot more informations. It explains some very popular program, like the TABATA. HIIT is also a common practice in Crossfit trainings.
* HOW TO USE THE APP ? *
You can use it during all trainings with intervals or other timed repetition
Basically, this is how it works : on the first screen you will set up your workout phases durations (preparation time, work, rest, rounds and cool down) and you will choose your sound.
Then hit “Go !”, work and just follow the whistle !
You can listen to your own music, just make sure you can still hear the sound.
At the end of the workout, a new feature allows you to share your workout with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.
** Load preset : you can load one of our existing preset (Fat Loss, Tabata) or one you saved previously
** Save preset : you can save the workout you just set up
** Link to our Facebook page : you can like the app, share your experience with other users, share your workouts, make suggestions for new features, …
** Vibrate mode
** 3 seconds warning click
** Step Counter included in the training screen
New features are added regularly, thanks for your feedbacks and your votes in our forum (http://hiit.uservoice.com/forums/54804-general)
Join us on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hiit-interval-training-android-app/104610142924377)
and follow us on Twitter @hiit_android
And if you love the app, you can purchase the AD FREE version, for only 1.99 $ :-)
* PHONE PERMISSIONS *
Now automatically pause and resume if a phone call arrives.
This is why PHONE_STATE permissions are required. But the app never collects and stores phone numbers from users phones.
SECONDS FREE AT A GLANCE:-
• Quickly create timers for interval training, tabata, circuit training
• Save, group, import and share timers (available in Pro version only)
• Text to speech
• Use timers from the timer repository (limited in free version)
• Full control over every interval
• Assign music to intervals or timers
• Large display
• The choice of personal trainers up and down the country
• Much, much more...
• LARGE DISPLAY AND COLOR CODING
Seconds boasts a stylish and clear timer display that can easily be read from a distance. You may switch to landscape mode by rotating your device. You may also apply a color to the background of the timer for each interval to provide extra visual cues.
• SIMPLE YET POWERFUL
Seconds provides timer wizards to allow you to create timers for common interval training methods. Included so far are wizards for HIIT timers, round timers and circuit training timers. You may even construct timers out of other timers with the new Compound Timer wizard.
• MUSIC INTEGRATION
Seconds allows you to match the intensity of your music to the intensity of your workout. On a per interval level, you can select a song, album, artist, genre, playlist, podcasts or audiobooks. If this is not to your taste you can simply assign music to the entire workout.
• SOUND SCHEMES AND TEXT TO SPEECH
Seconds comes with a variety of sound schemes. These range from simple beeps, through to MMA airhorns and boxing bells. For situation where you can't see the screen of your device Seconds can read out the name of the intervals in your timer.
Interval training will help you to get in better shape and increase your vo2max levels. Test have showed that interval training is better for fat loss than normal cardio.
- Easy to setup
- Big timer interface
- Install to SD
- The timer remembers the settings last used and uses them as a default for the next training session.
- Color coding for preparation, work and rest periods.
- Beebing sound between work and rest periods. Beep volume is controlled by your phones media volume control.
WAKE_LOCK = Keep the screen on while working out
INTERNET = for Advertisements
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE = for Advertisements
READ_PHONE_STATE = for Advertisements
ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION = AdvertisementsACCESS_FINE_LOCATION = Advertisements
*** GET THE PRO-VERSION FROM
** If you like this application, please give it a favorable review. If you DO NOT like it, please send me an email how to improve the program. All improvement ideas are taken to consideration ***
All bugs and improvement ideas can be sent to email@example.com
Or at the facebook page
- quick set up - you don't need to fill unnecessary fields before your workout just select Work/Rest/Rounds and go!
- keeps you previous interval selected
- pause/resume workout on the go
- clean/simple and bright interface
- distinct tones that guide you through your workout.
- no complex settings with tons of screens before your traing
- works like Gymboss Interval timer, first set up interval and just press play button
If you would like any changes please let me know. I would like to keep clean timer simple but functional
Whether you are training HIIT, Tabata, Bootcamp, Sprint Intervals, Crossfit, Kickboxing, Spinning, or Kettlebells this app will take your workouts to the next level. Also can be used as a Medication, Yoga, or Reiki timer with audio alerts suited for these applications.
• Holo Dark/Material theme
• Multiple alert sounds for various applications
• Can be run in background and when phone is locked
• Google Fit Platform integration
• 10 customizable presets
• Alert settings can be configured specific to each preset
• Shareable workout log
• Does not interfere with music playing from another app
READ_PHONE_STATE - Used to detect an incoming phone call and pause or mute alarms for an ongoing workout. Phone call details are never viewed or collected by the app.
VIBRATE - Used to create a vibrate alert.
BILLING - Used for Premium Upgrade.
WAKE_LOCK - Used to allow audio alerts to function when device goes to sleep.
OdinMode Studios - Handcrafted apps using traditional Nordic methods
It helps you to do Tabata Training.
+ Configurable preparation, workout and rest durations.
+ Configurable number of cycles and tabatas (sets).
+ Clear time display.
+ Multiple display colors.
+ Customizable background music.
+ Record your daily workout history and track performance.
+ Notes for your next exercise.
+ Record your weight and BMI.
This app incorporates all of the recommendations we have received over the years from our users to bring you the best app possible. Thank you for your input!
NOTE - This is a complete overhaul of the past Gymboss app, with an entirely new user interface, so any programs you have saved on any previous versions will be deleted upon updating.***
With intervals of effort and pause.
There is a default timer set so you can start right away. The timer is very simple to configure for your own workout techniques.
Set the number of rounds, seconds of effort, seconds of pause and start training.
The settings are automatically saved.
Start getting fit right away. This cardio application will help you burn calories in an accelerated manner.
* press the menu button to exit the Tabata timer
It doesn't matter what workout you do - whether you run, use it for cycling, sprint, tabata, weightlifting, hiit, cardio, boxing or martial arts. It is suitable also for lot of "home trainings" like the ones found on bodyrock.tv! It can also fully substitute your Gymboss interval timer or other timers you'd otherwise need to carry in gym! The best thing is that this app is always with you, because it's on your phone.
You can always set your own training schedule with number of rounds, workout time and rest time. Before exercise you can set up preparation time and after you finish use relax time for cooldown. Import, Export, Download and Upload your training plans!
http://itimer.info - This site is a great addition to Android app itself. You can find here all the information about Interval Timer, some tips & tricks, all the user uploaded training plans and many more. Check it out after you're done with your workout.
Interval Training Timer:
- Logs of your training
- Gives you awards as you workout
- Allows you to set own sounds, vibrations and colors
- Is ready for import and export of your exercises, stats and awards to SD card
- Allows you to download and upload the training to the Internet
- And share them with the world!
- Combine various training into one long session in Extended Training
Tip: If you hear the counter through the external speakers even when the headphones are plugged in - you can always go to the preferences and un-check the "Use alarm volume". !!
Tip: If your background music is disrupted with every sound timer makes, you just have to disable "use alarm volume" in options
If you are willing to help me translate this app into your language, send me an email ;)
Free AD supported version!
Have You ever wanted to burn body fat and get perfect abs?
Try interval workout to burn belly fat and then Caynax Aerobic Weider Six (A6W) app to form perfect 6 pack.
High-intensity interval training (HIIT), also called High-Intensity Intermittent Exercise (HIIE) or sprint interval training, is an enhanced form of interval training, an exercise strategy alternating periods of short intense anaerobic exercise with less-intense recovery periods. HIIT is a form of cardiovascular exercise. Usual HIIT sessions may vary from 9–20 minutes. These short, intense workouts provide improved athletic capacity and condition, improved glucose metabolism, and improved fat burning.
HIIT session consists of a warm up period of exercise, followed by six to ten repetitions of high intensity exercise, separated by medium intensity exercise, and ending with a period of cool down exercise. The high intensity exercise should be done at near maximum intensity. The medium exercise should be about 50% intensity. The number of repetitions and length of each depends on the exercise. The goal is to do at least six cycles, and to have the entire HIIT session last at least fifteen minutes and not more than twenty.
There is no specific formula to HIIT. Depending on your level cardiovascular development, the moderate-level intensity can be as slow as walking.
The original protocol set a 2:1 ratio of work to recovery periods, for example, 30–40 seconds of hard sprinting alternated with 15–20 seconds of jogging or walking.
HIIT is considered to be an excellent way to maximize a workout that is limited on time.
Because of exercise intensity this type of workout is not intended for everyone. You should consult:
- health doctor to determine if You are capable to perform such exercises
- professional trainer to create workout schedule for You.
You can use this app for workouts like: Tabata, Fartlek, Kettlebell, jumping ropes, meditation, yoga and other fitness workouts that could use timer.
- Enhanced timer
- multi view /multi window support
- Workout schedule for next 30 days
- Workout reminder
- Option to change workout time for calendar days
- Workouts list with option to create, delete and edit workouts
- Workout schedule for whole week
- Voice feedback - TTS countdown with option to edit spoken texts (PRO only) - You might need additional TTS software like IVONA Text-to-Speech HQ.
- Beeps countdown with option to use built-in beeps or set any sound (PRO only)
- Countdown: every second, every 'n-th' second, first 'n' seconds, last 'n' seconds, remaining last 'n' seconds (some option available only in PRO version)
- TTS/Beep information about workout stage
- Rewind backward and forward (PRO only)
- Built-in sample workout for Tabata na Fartlek.
- READ_PHONE_STATE - used to detect incoming phone call and pause workout. Ad networks use device ID number (that is hashed using SHA-1 algorithm) to identify users.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - to start reminder service after phone start.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, INTERNET - ads, crash reports.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE/READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - backup/restore workouts list.
- WAKE_LOCK - to ensure that workout works when screen is off.
- Reorder intervals simply by long click and dragging them up or down in the list
- Add one interval at a time or whole circuit training at once
- Set own sounds, vibrations for each interval
- Pick from range of designs
- Each interval will be announced during workout
- Log your workouts and export logs to csv file
- Calculate approximate energy expenditure based on MET values
- Gain achievements as you workout
- Import and Export to cloud
- Download and Upload your workouts to the cloud
- Share your workouts with friends
After exercise eight sets of 20 seconds, basic set is 10 seconds break.
You can exercise time and the number of sets, to set the break time according to the convenience of the user.
By by repeating interval exercise, to perform high intensity exercise in a short time,
You can get the motion effect of many little time.
You can use the Settings button in the upper left, to adjust set, exercise, and rest.
It is possible to use the reset button at the top right, make a fresh start from the beginning again.
You can use the button below to perform a pause function and exercise start.
I will let you know at the start of break and notification sounds movement start.
*** Plus will not appear on the devices app tray, start Impetus to access the paid features. ***
Impetus is an advanced interval timer for any training regimen with intervals or other repetition; HIIT, Tabata, Fight Gone Bad, C25K, Crossfit, kettlebells, pyramid training, running, BodyRock, breath hold training, Beastmaker, boxing, martial arts, yoga etc.
Current Plus features:
- Presets can be imported and exported. Backup your presets, share them with your friends and download ready-made presets from the Impetus Preset Library.
- Use playlists to play background audio according to the current interval (work or rest)
**** NOTE **** The playlists must be made from local music files (mp3) on the device. Streaming from Spotify, Google Music etc. is not supported. Also currently it's very difficult to find an mp3 player with accessible playlists so don't buy this license if you only want to have the playlist feature.
You also need to have Impetus Interval Timer installed.