For those who want to know everything about the weather conditions and alerts both for today and the next 10 days, the past 365 days, hurricanes, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, geomagnetic storms.
App has twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, earthquakes, alerts, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, UV index, rain and snow amount etc.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry.
• Two world-renowned weather providers: Foreca and US weather provider,
• Hi-Def, Real-Time animated NOAA (NEXRAD) Radar on Google maps (USA only),
• Hurricane tracking,
• 365 days weathre archive,
• Solstice, Equinox, Polar night, Polar day, Solar eclipse, Lunar eclipse
• Sea surface temperature on weather map, widgets, noification area,
• Barometer with headache indicator,
• Beautiful animation,
• Cloud satellite layer on map (USA, Europe, Japan and Australia),
• 130,000 locations all over the world,
• Twenty original widgets of the weather, radar, time, moon phase, barometer, geomagnetic index, and UV index (1x1, 2x1, 2x2, 1x4, 4x1, 4x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x2, 5x5 etc),
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2)
• 126 weather alert categories.
• Radar widget on OpenStreetMap (for USA only),
• Ten day forecast,
• Ten notification indicators in the status bar: temperature, moon phase, earthquakes, alerts, barometer etc,
• Earthquakes widget on OpenStreetMap,
• Weather Alerts (Advisory, Watch, or Warning) from NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration);
• Black ice and freeze warnings,
• One-hundred latest earthquakes in the world on Google map,
• Pressure forecast graph (Foreca only),
• Moon phase, moon rise and moon set times,
• Sunrise and sunset times,
• Duration of the day,
• World map with weather alerts, weather, earthquakes and local time.
• Geomagnetic storm forecast,
• Wind speed and directionality indicators in both 10-day and hour-by-hour forecasts (except Foreca),
• 24 hour by hour forecast,
• Current weather conditions,
• Only uses 10 KBytes of internet traffic per city for each weather update,
• World clock,
• METAR from weather station (except Foreca),
• UV index,
• Visibility on the roads,
• Dew point hour by hour graph;
• Precipitation probability,
• Precipitation amount: rainfall and new snowfall amount,
• Follow by location (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination),
• Full tablet support,
• Share forecast, alerts, earthquakes by e-mail and SMS
• Alarm clock time on clock dial and graph
• Has a built-in barometer. A diagram is displayed which shows the atmospheric pressure changes for the past 24 hours. A red warning display is produced when the barometer detects changes more than 0.2 inhg.
• Provides information on the last 100 earthquakes from all over the world. View the latest earthquakes in a list or on a map. Provides information regarding magnitude, time and distance. You can filter earthquakes by their magnitude and distance from your location
The most unique feature in this application is the “Weather Clock”. It provides all of the previous information in an hour-by-hour clock format and is very interactive, informative and fun to use. Check it out!
Payment is one time, no ads, no any in-app payment, free updates.
If you have ANY questions, there is an FAQ section that takes you directly to the website. If your question is specific to your customized set up, customer service is courteous, knowledgeable, willing and able to help with fast turn around time.
Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
You can also view all alerts in a map view. The map view draws each county that has a current flood type alert. Also shown are river gauges which are flooding.
ALL 5000+ NOAA RIVER GAUGES ARE MONITORED BY THIS APP!!
ONLY RIVERS ABOVE NORMAL STAGE ARE DISPLAYED. So if a river near you is not flooding you will not see an icon for it.
FLOOD Warnings, Watches, and Advisories
FLASH FLOOD Warnings, Watches, and Advisories
River Gauges ABOVE NORMAL levels
This app is similar to our River Scanner app. River Scanner simply looks at flooding Rivers. This app displays those same rivers but now with county wide Alerts.
This app will not notify you directly if a flood is about to occur in your area- you must view the app to see if you are in a threatened area.
The developer of this app is not responsible for errors, omissions, or how this information is used. This app is for entertainment purposes and should not be relied upon. ALWAYS RELY ON OFFICIAL SOURCES OF WEATHER AND WARNING WHEN MAKING DECISIONS AFFECTING SAFETY OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY!
The information in the Natural Disaster Alerts Map depends upon feeds from The Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System and other organizations beyond the control of Madsen, Kneppers & Associates and should be cross referenced with other news and information sources before making any decisions or taking action. Data is updated every five minutes, providing near real-time results and information.
Madsen, Kneppers & Associates is not responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of information provided in the Natural Disaster Alerts Map application.
Very useful information when combined with seismic activity data.
# Displays 2000+ currently active volcanoes on a map.
# Shows volcanoes active this week on a map.
# Provides additional information about some of the volcanoes.
# Lists volcanoes active this week.
# Provides additional information volcanic activity.
# Optionally displays significant earthquakes (with magnitude 5.0 and above) for the current week.
# Optionally displays tectonic plates boundaries.
Stay tuned - more features are coming!
A simple flood early warning system to save lives and property. "Nepal Flood Alert" is an app that -
* Provides you an early warning notification/alarm on any flood possibility
* Enables you to constantly monitor the water level readings provided by multiple water stations established throughout the country
* Enables you to constantly monitor flow and trend of the rivers
* Personalize notifications according to your region or even current location (needs GPS)
* Has Nepali language support
Please do rate and comment, you contribution can help develop the app and save thousands of lives. Don't miss to share. :-)
You can choose a county or state within the US (or the entire US) and it will display a list of all of the current weather alerts.
This application is not officially authorized by the National Weather Service, it merely makes use of the information they provide via their public data APIs.
You can also enable the optional weather alerts; Choose up to five counties to receive alerts for, set your threshold and receive NOAA weather alerts as notification in your status bar.
Please give us a good review if you like the app.
* Ability to select from any NOAA-supported US region
* Configurable layers: Radar + Topography, County Boundaries, Highways and/or City Labels
* Pinch/Zoom/Move to position your radar map
* Configurable update frequency
* Ability to use Weather Alert feature separate from Live Wallpaper
* Portrait or Landscape mode
* Optional Weather Alerts as notifications
* Receive alerts for multiple counties (US, Guam, and Virgin Isles)
* Any, Statement, Advisory, Watch or Warning alert thresholds
Install application, then select as wallpaper (from Home, touch: Menu key, Wallpaper, Live wallpapers). On the Settings screen, choose your Location and any other options settings, then touch "Set wallpaper". At the home screen, double-tap to enable positioning and pinch/zoom of the map - the wallpaper will respond to your left/right/up/down and pinch/zoom gestures. Double-tap again to exit positioning mode.
You can also zoom & position the app in the stand-alone mode and the settings will carry over to your wallpaper view.
You can now receive NOAA weather alerts without using the NOAA Radar as your wallpaper. Just 'Enable Alerts' unders Settings and leave your wallpaper alone.
A Compatibility Mode is now available which should help with some devices that are experiencing the 'blank overlays' issue. When compatibility mode is on, the app will operate the same as it does on low-memory device: Overlays are merged to conserve graphics memory and displayed on top of radar. Topographic overlay is not available. Overlays are cropped to 512 pixels high, leaving small top and bottom margins in the overlay.
NOTE that past radar images may not always be available from NOAA - Updates are dependent on the availability of an internet connection and images published by NOAA.