Be OnGuard... Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
OnGuard Weather Alerts monitors the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) active weather alerts for advisories, watches, and warnings for your location (Within the Continental United States. Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico).
When an alert is detected for your current location or any of your static location entries, an appropriate audible, sensory (vibrate), and visual alert will be generated depending on the severity of the NOAA alert type (Advisory, Watch, or Warning).
Weather Alert & Weather Alarm.
- NO Signups, NO Websites, NO text messages, and NO ads! This application runs entirely on your Android device as a background service and pulls alerts directly from the source (NOAA).
- NOAA provides advisories, watches, and warnings for: Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Winter Weather, Extreme Temperatures, Tropical Storms, Hurricanes, Typhoons, Volcanoes, Tsunami, Wind, 911 Outages, Fog, Flooding, Civil Emergencies, Nuclear Power Plant Warnings, Law Enforcement Warnings, Local Emergencies, Child Abduction Emergencies, Avalanches, and more.
- Dynamic Location Support (uses GPS or Cell Network location determination).
- Dynamic Location feature is on/off configurable.
- Static Location Support (unlimited # of entries).
- Audible, Sensory (vibrate), and Visual alerts (Configurable).
- User customizable alert sounds.
- Insistent Alert Support (off/on configurable) for Warning level events (ie. Audible, Sensory, and Visual alerts will repeat until acknowledged).
- Filtering of Alerts by category. *NEW* (in the 06/03/2011 release).
- Configurable Notification Levels (Warnings Only, Watches & Warnings, Advisories & Watches & Warnings).
- Configurable interval for checking for alerts.
- "Check Now" Button for manual or instant checks.
- Easily stop the service by simple unchecking a box in the preferences.
- Link to context sensitive tips from FEMA detailing information about what to do before, during, and after certain events. (In the main menu - full list of events, In the alert detail menu - contect specific information).
- Link to the "Red Cross Safe & Well Check In" site (This is the site to report that you are OK after a disaster or to locate a loved one that was in a disaster).
- Radar & Weather Radio Mode currently work, we are waiting for tablet integration before release.
- Various other improvements to existing functionality.
Q: Is OnGuard hard on my battery?
A: No. The application minimizes the amount of power required by allowing the user to control whether Dynamic Location is enabled. Even with this feature enabled, the app only requests Dynamic Location updates at the same interval as your alert polling interval.
Q: How much data is used?
A: Not much at all. It varies based upon the number of active weather publications and how frequently you configure the application to check for updates. Each time the app checks for new NOAA publications a 2k (kilobyte) data packet is retrieved via the Internet for each location configured in your preferences. Using the default app settings, approximately 200k (kilobytes) per day or 6M (megabytes) per month of data is used. This is a very small amount given the allowances of most provider's data plans.
Tip: If data usage is a concern, consider disabling the background service and using the Check Now feature instead.
Q. I am getting alerts for an incorrect location.
A. If you are using "Dynamic Location", sometimes the cell network location (used when GPS is unavailable) will return an incorrect location. This is cell tower issue and is outside our control. Please obtain a GPS fix or use a static location entry.
Q. I am having an issue after updating, what should I do?
A. If you are experiencing any issues after an update, please uninstall and re-install the application.
The information in the Natural Disaster Alerts Map depends upon feeds from The Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System and other organizations beyond the control of Madsen, Kneppers & Associates and should be cross referenced with other news and information sources before making any decisions or taking action. Data is updated every five minutes, providing near real-time results and information.
Madsen, Kneppers & Associates is not responsible for any damage or loss resulting from the use of information provided in the Natural Disaster Alerts Map application.
Involve yourself as weather detector and benefit from the network. The Google Maps-based map shows the weather data to meter precision.
- Global realtime weatherdetails
- Alarts for rain, snow, ice, storms, hail and fog possible
- Several widgets for your homescreen example radar
- Send-weather-funktion, tell everybody the weather at your place
- Much alarm and warn options, like speech alarm
- You can define as much alarms as you want to
The base of this app is google-maps.
The app is still under development, looking have a look on our Facebook page:
When you open the application, your position detection is performed and shows you the weather where you are.
A voice then tells you the weather at this time, and temperature.
You can also check the weather forecast for 12 days and find the weather of a city of your choice in USA but also in the world!
List of features:
- Icon of climate
- Temperature in degrees Fahrenheit
- City and country of the user
- Wind speed in m / h
- Cloud cover
- Voice announces in english
- Weather forecast for 12 days
- Ability to save up to 5 cities for faster searches
If you do not have a GPS chip in your device, you can still use this application by simply searching the city where you are!
The ALERT FM App integrates the critically acclaimed iMap Weather Radio with the reliability of ALERT FM’s state and local citizen notification. Before, during, and after a critical event receive timely localized emergency information- everything from weather alerts to available shelter locations- delivered right to your mobile device.
ALERT FM is used by a rapidly growing number of state and local officials to notify their citizens about emergency situations. The ALERT FM App provides users with weather forecasts, current conditions, radar updated every 5 minutes, and advisories/ watches/ warnings for both your preset and current locations across the United States. Additionally, you can receive information from federal, state and local emergency officials such as storm precautions and evacuations, hazardous chemical spills, major accidents, Amber Alerts, and more.
The ALERT FM App is free to download. The emergency alerting and basic weather functionality is available for free and there is an In-App Purchase option for upgraded weather functionality.
What you get for Free?
*Emergency information sent from federal and state sources for the jurisdiction that you registered for when you downloaded the app- are received on your phone through push notifications (alerts sent to your phone even when the app is closed) and appear under “Text Alerts” in the app.
*Over 100 types of weather advisories, watches, and warnings plus forecasts and radar updated every 5 minutes are available for up to 5 saved locations and your current location using your phone’s GPS.
*Weather advisories, watches, and warnings are available by opening the app and clicking on the badge next to the selected location (push notifications for weather are available for $9.99 - see below).
*A badge indicates you have an active alert. The number next to the badge indicates how many alerts are in effect.
NOTE: Custom Alerts, found under SETTINGS, can only be selected for Push Notifications. This setting allows you to select what advisories, watches, or warnings that you want pushed to your phone. Although the alerts read "disabled" with the free features, you will receive all advisories, watches, and warnings for your saved and current locations as stated above.
Upgrade to a Weather Radio for $9.99 and receive….
*Push Notifications (alerts sent to your phone even when the app is closed) for weather advisories, watches, and warnings.
*Voice Audio- spoken weather forecasts, watches and warnings.
*Map Overlay- additional display layers on the radar map, including warnings/watches, hurricane tracks, and more.
* The $9.99 is a one time purchase
*National Weather Service data and alerting available for the United States only
*Continued use of the GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
The weather RADAR and weather alerts are US-based. ALERT FM does not yet include Canadian RADAR or Canadian- issued weather alerts.
Very useful information when combined with seismic activity data.
# Displays 2000+ currently active volcanoes on a map.
# Shows volcanoes active this week on a map.
# Provides additional information about some of the volcanoes.
# Lists volcanoes active this week.
# Provides additional information volcanic activity.
# Optionally displays significant earthquakes (with magnitude 5.0 and above) for the current week.
# Optionally displays tectonic plates boundaries.
Stay tuned - more features are coming!