• Coverage from 65,000 publications
• Simple swipe-access to categories such as Top Stories, Technology, Sports & Weather
• Tune your layout with any of 60 country-specific editions, homescreen widgets and personalized news sections such as 'Hollywood', 'NASA', 'Fashion', or anything else that catches your fancy
• Tap any story for a deep selection of viewpoints, including in-depth articles, Opinion, and local perspectives
2014 Google Editor’s Choice Winner as one of the top rated daily news apps on Google Play.
Up-to-the-minute national & world breaking news in a lightning-fast, beautifully personalized interface.
“News Republic offers the cure for infobesity” CNET.
“If you love news, News Republic is the right app for you!” AppDictions.
“Best News App”! AppStorm.
• Visual: Get the latest breaking news headlines from your favorite topics in a highly visual format.
• Smart: News Republic learns as you read, personalizing your news experience automatically.
• In the know: My News Digest is your daily news briefing built around YOU.
• Complete: We bring you complete articles with full text, photos and videos from trusted sources around the world.
• Yours: Choose from over 1m topics for a custom home screen and news experience.
• In-depth: Explore related topics via Tag Nav™, our innovative news navigation system.
• Customizable: Add custom headlines from your favorite RSS newsfeeds.
Featured news partners include Reuters, Bloomberg, Huffington Post, TechCrunch and many more.
Get complete news coverage on: National News, World News, Technology, Politics, Sports, Entertainment and over 1 million topics that you can personalize.
News Republic offers worldwide breaking news headlines in 13 regional editions - USA, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Russia, China, India, LatAm and International.
Create your own news personal profile and use across multiple devices by signing in with either email, Facebook or your Google + profile.
You can even save news articles for reading or sharing later and access a snapshot of the entire app’s newsfeeds offline if you know you’re going to be out of coverage.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Be informed. Be prepared. Be engaged.
Facebook - facebook.com/News.Republic
Twitter - @NewsRepublic
YouTube - youtube.com/MyNewsRepublic
Extensions included for Android Wear
Companion app available for Samsung Gear
Smart Connect extension for SmartWatch 2
This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays RSS feeds on your home screen.
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- multiple feeds in one widget
- text style, size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
If the widget doesn't show up in your launchers widget category, try rebooting your device!
Note: Google Reader will no longer exist after July 1st. Import functionality will be affected
- INTERNET: to receive feed content
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to test if internet connection is available before trying to update
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to cache feeds and display them even when offline
- GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS: to request access for importing Google Reader feeds
Millions of people use feedly every day on their Android phones and tablets to connect to the blogs and news sites that matter to them. From tech to business to design to cooking to fashion, feedly helps you discover new Youtube channels, blogs or news sites you can add to your feedly and easily read in one place.
Because it is powered by RSS, feedly is an open system: you can add any RSS feed to your feedly and easily read the content of your favorite feeds on the go. Just enter the URL of a feed in the search bar.
Feedly integrates seamlessly with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, Buffer, OneNote, Pinterest and LinkedIn so that you can easily share the stories you read in your feedly with your friends and colleagues.
We believe in speed and simplicity. We spent a lot of time making sure that feedly is the best reader available on Android phones and tablets. The app loads fast and offer a simple and clean reading experience which will make your eyes happy.
The best way to start is to search of a blog and youtube channel you read regularly and add it to your feedly.
If you are looking for inspiration, you can open the search panel and browse some of our popular topics and discover the best blogs for tech, business, marketing, entrepreneurship, design, cooking, photography and more.
Your mission is to deliver in one place all the knowledge and inspiration you need to keep ahead.
[We are firstname.lastname@example.org and @feedly if you need support or want to report a bug]
A very simple, clean and easy-to-use widget to present RSS feeds on your home and/or lock screen. It does what it's meant to do, taking up minimal fraction of your phone's memory.
The Yahoo App for Android brings you the latest headline news, stories, and original content!
- All your news in one place with 12 categories, from Business, to Finance, to Sports and so much more
- Save time by honing in on your favorite topics with a personalized news feed
- Always stay up to date with breaking news notifications
- Go beyond just the headlines with local news and weather so you’re always in the know
- Show your friends how much you know by sharing stories, videos, and photos
- Article summaries let you browse before reading the full article
- Beautiful visual cards that display images and videos help you see the story
- Sign in to manage and save your news preferences
- Select the stories you want to see more or less of at bottom of each article
- Swipe left or right to navigate between stories in full screen view
- Tap the Yahoo logo to instantly see all the news categories
- Save stories to read later. Access them in Main Menu > My Saves
What people are saying
“The app's personalization strategy, which combines editorial curation with machine learning, are drawing users back…” - Casey Newton, The Verge
Tell us what you think
We are committed to building the best mobile experiences and would love to hear your feedback
Let us know your thoughts here: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/202867
Choose, read and easily compare the most famous newspapers with your mobile free of charge and in the fastest way possible. All the headlines of major newspapers in the palm of your hand.
If you want to stay up to date with what happens in your country and use as little time as possible, then this app is what you need!
Fast News is a RSS Feed Reader but unlike other feature rich news readers, it will bring you directly to the news without wasting any time messing around with the user interface or news loading. It is the best app for the daily reader.
This app is still in Beta state, please provide feedback!
Fast News US version will show you the content of the public rss feeds from these major United States newspapers:
* The New York Times
* New York Daily News
* USA Today
* L.A. Times
* Huffington Post
* Washington Post
* Denver Post
* Dallas Morning
* ABC News
* Fox News Latest
* ESPN Sport News
* The Daily Beast
* The Nation
* Yahoo! News US
* USA Reddit channel
* Wall Street Journal
* Daily Mail
* Daily Mirror
* Daily Star
* BBC UK
* Daily Telegraph
* Reuters UK
* Daily Express
* Daily Record
* The Guardian
* The Independent
* The Herald
* The Conversation
* Sky News
* Huffington Post UK
* UnitedKingdom Reddit
* #UK #NEWS Twitter
For India (various languages):
* Dainik Jagran National
* Dainik Bhaskar
* Amar Ujala
* Times Of India (TOI)
* Jagran Post
* Rajasthan Patrika
* Malayala Manorama
* Prabhat Khabar
* The Hindu
* Deccan Chronicle
* Hindustan Times
* Deccan Herald
* NDTV News
* Financial Chronicle
* Economic Times
* Telegraph India
* New Indian Express
* Reddit India /r/india
* #India #News Twitter
* Irish Examiner
* Irish Daily Star
* Irish Independent
* Irish Central
For Canada (in English and French):
* Toronto Star
* The Globe and Mail
* Le Journal de Montréal
* La Presse
* Montreal Gazette
* The Vancouver Sun
* The Toronto Sun
* The Province
* National Post
* Calgary Herald
* Winnipeg Free
* Ottawa Citizen
* Edmonton Journal
* Chronicle Herald
* Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
* Herald Sun
* Sydney Morning Herald (SMH)
* The West Australian
* The Age
* The Advertiser (Adelaide)
* The Conversation
* The Australian
* Perth Now
* SBS World News
For Malaysia (In Malay, English and Chinese):
* Borneo Post
* The Sun Daily
* Harian Metro
* Free Malaysia Today
* Oriental Daily
* Berita Harian
* The Malaysian Insider
If you want another newspaper to be included in the list, please send us an email.
* Very fast and lightweight newsreader
* Immediate and simple to use
* Optimized for low bandwidth usage and high download speed
* Easy to compare an article between different newspapers
* Choose only the newspapers you want and change their order
* Front page of the most important newspapers in your country with all the currents news and stories about politics crimes gossip sport government taxes crisis economics finances
* Many countries supported: United States of America, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Ireland, Malaysia, India, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Mexico, Argentina, China, Taiwan, Belgium, Austria
* Share the news with friends through mail, social networks, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or any other app you have installed.
* The best for the daily reader
Disclaimer: This app is not affiliated nor related with any of the newspapers cited here. The content the app shows comes from publicly available RSS feeds from the newspapers which retains all copyrights and thus the app is not to be held responsible for any of the content displayed.
• All the latest news as it happens
• Watch or listen to the latest news headlines
• Opt in for breaking news push notifications
• Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them offline at your leisure
• Share stories to a range of social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
• Personalise the home screen by adding, removing and re-ordering news categories to suit your preferences
• Listen live to BBC World Service radio
• Home screen widgets to keep you up to date
• Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
• Set text size to suit your preferences
• Ability to send stories, video, and photos directly to the BBC News team
• Full range of News categories: Top stories, US & Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East, Africa, UK, Technology, Business, Features & Analysis, Science & Environment, Entertainment & Arts, Health, Also In The News, Sport
• Ability to store the app on the SD card. Widgets will not be available if you choose to use this function. This is a feature of the Android system.
*Currently unavailable for devices running 2.2 and below. We are working on a fix and this will be available soon.
• Push notifications for big breaking news stories
• Landscape support for all devices
• Various bug fixes including an issue that occasionally caused duplicate push notifications.
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by ProcessOne on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed. The BBC will keep your information secure and not share it with anyone else in accordance with the BBC’s Privacy and Cookies Policy, available at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.
• INTERNET: Used to get the latest news content from the BBC
• ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Used to determine whether you are on 3G or WiFi to deliver the best quality content
• WAKE_LOCK: Used if you enable background updates in settings
• GET_ACCOUNTS: Used to determine if your device is capable of receiving Push messages
• C2D_RECEIVE/C2D_MESSAGE: Used to receive Push messages if you opt in
There are many sources for events from all over the world in many different languages. Choose all you are interested in.
Current sources include:
- Wikipedia in many languages (English, Spanish, German, Polish, Italian, Dutch, Swedish and many more)
- BBC: "On This Day"
- The New York Times: "On This Day"
- DW-World: "Today in History"
- History.com: "This Day in History"
Three versions of the widget exist: A smaller (4x1) and a bigger one (4x2) and a stacked version for Android versions greater than 2. Choose the one which fits your needs better. Keep in mind: The smaller one can (obviously) display less text than the big one.
The widget is also tested on Android Honeycomb Tablets (Android 3.x) and on ICS (Android 4.x), so it should run flawlessly on such devices as well.
The widget downloads the events for the next days and stores them on your device, so there is no need for permanent internet access.
If you find any bugs, have any problems or if you have additional sources you want to be included in the widget, please write me a mail (email@example.com) and do not comment on the Market, since I can not contact you here!
If you like the widget, please share, rate and comment it properly.
Thanks to all translators:
- Italian: Aldo Tarquilio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Read the day’s top stories and breaking news from the industry’s best sources, hand-picked by our editors. Plus, easily stay updated on any topic you care about, from global events to your local news.
Read articles aggregated from the industry’s best sources and from your local news, curated by our editors. Explore World, Technology, Politics, Money, Entertainment, Sports, Crime, and Offbeat categories from the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Guardian, the Washington Post, BBC, CNN, and more.
Follow topics you care about— like your favorite sports team, celebrity, or gadget. Sign in to save your preferences.
Stay up-to-date with breaking news alerts.
Share your favorite articles, videos, and photos with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, text, or email.
Automatically sync your favorite topics across MSN News on the web and your mobile apps for quick access to the news you want to read.
Swipe left or right to read the next article. Tap the menu to explore Headlines, My Topics, Local, and Videos.
Some features may not be available in all markets.
CNN connects you to the world -- wherever you are.
The redesigned CNN App for Android has been rebuilt and redesigned for use on both your phone and tablet.
Stay informed with the latest headlines and original stories from around the globe. Follow up-to-the-minute reporting with breaking news alerts and live video. Share stories and videos and comment on top stories.
•Get breaking news alerts and follow stories as they develop.
•Go beyond the surface with international, politics, opinion, tech and entertainment stories and more.
•Watch video clips and coverage of live events as they unfold. View your favorite CNN shows live (as available, check with your cable, satellite or telecommunications provider).
•Contribute a story or opinion to CNN iReport by uploading photos and video directly from your app. Follow other iReporters and see stories from their points of view.
•Access your local weather information, including current and extended forecasts.
•Browse photo galleries related to today’s news.
•Sync your Samsung Galaxy Gear to your CNN app and receive breaking news and top stories on your wearable device (available on select Android phones).
The CNN App may ask your permission to access certain functions on your device such as location, network connection, camera and social media accounts. Doing so can enhance some features of your app such as weather forecasts, iReport submissions and ability to share stories with your social networks. The CNN App may also ask your permission for “phone calls” to allow you to call CNN regarding story ideas or general feedback. CNN respects your privacy and would never misuse your personal information.
Have questions or feedback on the CNN App? E-mail us at Android@cnn.com. We are always looking for suggestions on how to provide the best experience possible for you.
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* The Old Reader
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.
Live Video Streaming
- Watch Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network live wherever you are*
- View streaming coverage of live events and exclusive programming
- Browse the latest headlines while watching Fox News live coverage and clips on demand.
- Adjust the player size to your preference - go full screen by flipping your device into landscape or shrink it down to read news stories while you watch!.
Breaking News & Alerts
- Subscribe to Fox News Alerts to follow breaking news as it happens
- Keep an eye on the Breaking News Hub to stay up to date on a story as it unfolds
Enhanced News Format
- Articles now offer related content - view videos, slideshows, and lists for the news that matters to you
- View the latest videos from the #1 cable news shows and anchors on Fox News Channel
- Connect with your favorite shows and news personalities on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and more directly from the app
*Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network live are only available through authorized cable, satellite, and telco subscription packages.
Highly customizable, can operate offline and requires minimum amount of privileges.
★ Highlights ★
✔ 4 attractive customizable widgets (include 2 scrollable widgets and 2 widgets for lock screen)
✔ 4 different styles for each widget and application UI
✔ 10 levels of opacity for widgets
✔ Can operate offline (all news from all sources can be loaded for later reading, news from any source is supported not just from predefined sources)
✔ Search and subscribe on any feed in Google News
✔ Custom RSS/ATOM-feeds
✔ Weather forecast for many cities at one page (configurable)
✔ News for all countries
✔ You can read any news in text version
This app uses Google News RSS as main news source.