Toiles de Jouy: Oberkampf’s Virtual Factory
This app will enable you to discover Christophe Philippe Oberkampf’s life and work, the creator of the “Toiles de Jouy”. From 1760 to 1815, the Jouy-en-Josas factory has printed around 30000 different patterns. Those cloths remain today as a source of inspiration for many contemporary designers in France and abroad.
The ‘Amis de la Toile de Jouy’ association imagined this app which presents:
- An interactive tour in current Jouy-en-Josas with 360° reconstitutions of what was the factory in the XVIII century
- The steps to create and print the Toiles de Jouy
- Oberkampf’s biography including written and audio contents
- More than 200 pictures of Toiles de Jouy you can find at the Museum along with references and explanations
- Useful information to prepare your visit at the Toile de Jouy Museum in Jouy-en-Josas.