Enables the "double tap to wake" feature that the Nexus 6 shipped with. It requires root, so you must unlock your bootloader and root before using this.
The built in implementation of double tap to wake isn't perfect. Some users have indicated that if their device has been sleeping for a while, it isn't always reliable. It is very unlikely to cause harm to your Nexus 6, but extensive longterm testing has not yet been done. By downloading now, you are accepting the liability if something were to go wrong. Please let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions.
* Enhanced error checking.
* If a non rooted device opens this application, it should no longer crash.
* Small formatting changes.
* Settings now persist through reboot.
* Changed name from "Doubletap to Unlock" to "Doubletap to Wake".
* Updated Icon. Doesn't look amazing, but it's better than it was.
* Updated some text.
* Implemented the ability to turn on or off Double Tap to Wake
In order to use the proximity sensor simply install the application and enable monitoring service. Once it enabled you can turn on the screen by touching and releasing the proximity sensor.
In order to use soft-button for turning off the screen drag and drop the "WTN Turn Off" launcher from list of your applications to the home screen and press it. It may ask for "Device Administrator" activation for the first time. You have to activate it, otherwise it will not be able to turn off the screen.
As alternative way you can turn off the screen by pressing notification icon if it was enabled in settings.
IMPORTANT! You must deactivate Device Administration before uninstalling the app, otherwise you will not be able to uninstall it. You can do that directly from the application settings dialog (go to WTN Settings >> General Settings and uncheck the "Device Administrator" check-box) or you can do it directly from Settings dialog of your device (go to Settings >> Security >> Device administrators and uncheck the "Turn Off the Screen")
For common questions please see the G+ page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/110175170624549847232
Tags: Proximity, Gravity, Screen, Display, On, Off, Wake Up
WARNING: BEFORE UNINSTALL YOU MUST RELEASE THE LOCK ADMIN! (run ScreenWakeUp and select on RELEASE LOCK ADMIN)
You can lock the screen with ScreenLock application (it's not a widget), a long press on search key, covering the proximity sensor on the top of the phone for a few seconds (settable) or simply you can put the phone in your pocket (I've noticed it can fail if the tissue of pocket is opaque black, I think due of how the proximity sensor works).
The screen automatically wakes up (or unlocks if enabled) when you take the phone out from the pocket or you move a hand over it.
The program is event driven (don't uses CPU cycles to check sensors), but the phone needs to stay in PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK mode to permit the wake up. The CPU doesn't go into sleep mode, so after a few minutes (settable) the lock will be released to prevent battery drain. You can read more about PARTIAL_WAKE_LOCK here: http://developer.android.com/reference/android/os/PowerManager.html
Don't be afraid about consumption of proximity sensor, it's really low (0.045mA on my atrix).
- WAKE_LOCK for turn on the screen
- DISABLE_KEYGUARD for unlock the phone automatically
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS for check if a headset is connected
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED for restart automatically at boot
- VIBRATE for vibrate on screen lock
No internet connection needed, no ads, no privacy risk.
- Sometime the auto unlock option don't works
- Sometime the proximity sensor stops to work when the phone is connected to PC (you must restart the phone)
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Tested only on Motorola Atrix with Android 2.3.4
For comment / feedback / bug / suggestion / localization / donations write to: iiizio AT users.sf.net
PS: Sorry for my bad English
Thanks to Daniel Añez Scott for spanish translation.
Thanks to Stefan (sk750) for the motion sensors management.
• Swipe from edges.
• Double tap on the status bar.
• Long press on the physical keys (for Android 4.3+).
• Mouse or stylus (S Pen) is also supported.
• Home, Back, Recent Apps, Screen Off, Immersive Mode, etc.
• Screenshot and Hide Soft Keys (Root required).
• Launch an application or a shortcut.
*** For Android 5.0 users without Root ***
On Android 5.0, it is possible to enable Immersive Mode with keyboard support. Just run the following command from your PC:
adb shell "pm grant com.phoenixstudios.aiogestures android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS"
A tutorial can be found here: http://blog.sightidea.com/?p=44
With this really nifty app running on your Android, you can use the volume button instead of the power button to wake up your device!
Totally free, no annoying ads!
Please note that you may experience a power drain on the battery. This comes with the territory of keeping your device awake at all times in order to enable the volume button to perform the power button function. With recent updates to the Android operating system - this is the only way to do it.
If this app is run without the screen off setting, then the long term behavior of this app becomes unpredictable, as it is subject to the operating system's whims to reclaim memory. We recommend that you enable the 'screen off in notification bar' feature if you plan to use the app for long periods of time.
If you want to uninstall this APP,Go to Settings> Security> cancel this App within the check Device Manager.
if you want get a shake launch application,this is my new APP "SHAKE TO LAUNCH APP".
Nexus® Connect enables customer support representatives to remotely connect to your Android device and provide a seamless support experience, including the following capabilities:
• Ability to take full remote control of Samsung phones.
• Co-Browse together with the customer.
• Send and receive chat messages
• Review device information and diagnostics
• Configure WiFi networks
• Optimize Storage Space
• Force stop running services
• Push custom URLs and shortcuts.
To use Nexus® Connect, simply enter the connection code provided by your customer service representative, check the box to provide your consent, and click Connect.
★★ Kernel Tweaker have been Open Sourced!!★★
Check the code on github: https://github.com/cesco89/android-kernel-tweaker
★ Included in DirtyUnicorns rom! ==> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/109738128866939227235
★ Included in AICP rom! ==> https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/101008638920580274588
★★ General ★★
* - -- LongPress one item to display the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to set on boot and hit the heart icon
★★ Cpu tuning ★★
* - -- Cpu Max frequency
* - -- Cpu Min frequency
* - -- Governor
* - -- CpuQuiet
* - -- Governor fine tuning : manage every single paramenter of your preferred governor
★★ Gpu tunig ★★
* - -- Gpu Max frequency
* - -- Other Gpu Parameters if available
★★ UnderVolt Table ★★
* - -- Supports uv_mv_table and vdd_table
* - -- Batch undervolting
* - -- Single frequency voltage editing
★★ Kernel specific values ★★
* - -- I/O Scheduler
* - -- Read Ahead size
* - -- Tune Scheduler parameters
* - -- TCP Congestion control
* - -- Toggle Fast Charge
* - -- Toggle Fsync
* - -- DoubleTap 2 Wake
* - -- Sweep 2 Wake
* - -- Sweep 2 Sleep
* - -- Vibration intensity
★★ Low Memory Killer ★★
* - -- Tweak native android task killer
★★ Review Items ★★
* - -- a list that contains all values that will be applied on boot! You can also edit values from this tab ;)
* - -- Longpress one item to shoe the Contextual ActionBar, select values you want to Delete and hit the trash icon!
★★ Simple File Explorer ★★
* - -- Install Boot.img
* - -- install Recovery.img
* - -- Flash package
★★ Backup ★★
* - -- Backup Boot.img
* - -- Bavkup Recovery.img
★★ Recovery Actions ★★
* - -- Only TWRP Recovery is supported!!!
* - -- Create a custom editable list of commands
* - -- Wipe Cache
* - -- Wipe Dalvik cache
* - -- Wipe Data
* - -- Install package
* - -- Nandroid Backup
* - -- Add and reorder commands as you wish, then hit the reboot button and take a coffee, your commands will be executed automatically and device will reboot automatically
* - -- Read/Write SD-Card : Needed for File Explorer and Backup tools
* - -- Access SuperUser : to apply selected values
* - -- Access Network : Needed for Google Analytics stuff ( to track crashes and errors)
* - -- Receive Boot Completed : To apply your selected values when you reboot the device!
This app will always be free and without Ads!
More stuff will come!!
* Francesco Rigamonti : https://plus.google.com/u/0/+FrancescoRigamonti/posts
* Enrico Solazzo : https://plus.google.com/u/0/116757450567339042397/posts