Explore the best of Galle with its official application developed in partnership with Galle Heritage Foundation and the Ministry of Law & Order and Southern Development.
Visit Galle as you wish!
Thanks to the geofencing technology, you can discover Galle Fort even if you close the visit app, and you'll receive notifications when you're near the attractions.
Or if you wish, follow your geolocated position and find different points of interest around you.
Once downloaded, the application can be used offline with all its features (except geolocated maps)
With Visit Galle, prepare your visit and let yourself be guided through the century-old fort's streets.
The tab ' Get Ready' helps you to plan your arrival to Galle: how to get there, opening times and entrance fees of the museums and monuments, or even tips and tricks to make your visit remarkable.
Each circuit presented under the 'Visit' tab will make you discover all the inescapable and hidden places in the fort through anecdotes, practical information, and historical facts.
Which circuit suits you?
Free Circuit: If you are ready to discover all the attractions inside the fort (19 points of interest)
Leisure Walk: If you would like to discover only the essential attractions inside the fort, especially in the southern part (12 points of interest)
Cultural Walk: If you would like to discover only the attractions with a cultural dimension inside the fort (14 points of interest)
Visit Galle, in brief:
- 19 points of attractions in detail which allow both local and foreign visitors to understand better this site designated as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- 140 visuals including never before seen illustrations
- 90 explanatory texts written by experts
- an application available in English, French and Sinhala: the application language will be your mobile phone's display language
- Online or offline access to the contents
- The Freedom to visit while following geolocated plans or letting yourself be surprised by the geofencing notifications
- All the remarkable monuments in the Fort and the original anecdotes about its history
- A cultural visit application which is totally free
The application has been developed by YuSit, an innovative Cultural Engineering company (www.yusit.fr) in partnership with:
Galle Heritage Foundation and The Ministry of Law & Order and Southern Development.
Our Communication Partners,
They support this Heritage project by disseminating Visit Galle mobile app
Yathra Travels (http://www.yathra.lk/)
Sanchaara (http://sanchaara.com/ )
Nature Heights (http://www.tripsrilanka.lk/)
Okithma Travels( http://www.okithmatravels.com/)