Edge Lighting is a nice feature on Samsung's curved edges phones. It's a very pretty and customizable way to catch your eye and to quickly identify the notification when your screen is off. Sadly, for most apps, it works only when the screen is on (good job guys!).
This app allows you to get actual Edge Lighting notifications from any app while your screen is off.
Please carefully read the provided setup instructions before saying the app doesn't work. It works.
You are welcome to contact me by email for support if you don't manage to get the app working as intended, I answer every email as soon as I can.
You can also search for the app name on Google, some people have made video tutorials about it.
I will provide support to people giving 1-2 stars ratings without politely asking for help first anymore.
- Actual Samsung Edge Lighting
- Works for ANY installed app, including Messenger
- No fake AOD screen, you are still using Samsung's
- Custom color filters for each app
- Almost zero battery drain
- Custom icons for each app (more of them coming soon)
- Upcoming: reminder/led replacement mode, the phone will periodically flash edge lighting to remind you of missed notification (mid July)
This app is designed for Samsung's S8, S9, S10, Note 8 and Note 9 series with Pie and OneUI.
It works with S7 and S8 series with Oreo, but custom colors aren't available.
It won't work on non-Samsung devices, unless they have a feature that works the exact same way as Samsung's Edge Lighting (but I can't see why any company would also offer such an incomplete feature).