A sequence of primary colors is used to restore burned-out pixels. Built originally for ICS and now KitKat, the sequence will run fullscreen so that the Navigation Bar is hidden.
Recommended for Moto X and similar devices.
Let Screen Helper check for you! easy test your screen with 6 basic colors, if you see any stuck pixels, just click on "Fix my screen", that will do it.
Screen Helper is a software solution that can check, and fix stuck pixels, reduce screen burn-in and improve the quality of images displayed on a screen.
This is full version, let you run fix screen as long as it needed ( it take up to hours to fix stuck pixels. ) , you can try out Screen Helper Lite for free.
What is Stuck pixel?
A stuck pixel mean pixel will stay red, blue, or green, and will not change when attempting to display an image. Stuck pixels are fairly common on high resolution LCD screens. Stuck pixels sometimes start working again with time unless they appear black on a white background, these are known as dead pixels. A dead pixel, all three sub-pixels are permanently off, producing a permanently black pixel. ( Get exchange if there are dead pixel, there is not way to fix dead pixel. )
Adobe AIR plug-in is needed to run this application.
Also helps to check if there is burn-in on your screen by displaying any selected color on the screen.
This method is described here.
This app is compatible with devices that have on-screen navigation (including Nexus devices).
Please ensure your brightness is at the highest setting for maximum effectiveness.
The app is currently available in English (US and UK), German and Croatian. More languages coming soon.
This is the first release. If you have any feature requests, need support or want to report an issue, feel free to email us.
This app is intended for AMOLED screens only, mainly devices of the Samsung Galaxy series. It can still be used on other devices as a flashlight or for entertainment.
Is AMOLED-equipped phone ever?
Sometimes you can see Afterimage in screen ever?
So we prepared for you!
AMOLED Burnin Check App!
You don't need neglect your burnin anymore through this app
Wait! What is Burnin?
AMOLED display case white or in intense color screen, LED crowd went badly dim view on the screen, an afterimage remains. This app is designed for those of you who would like to confirm whether or not this phenomenon!
This app does not use AMOLED display phone has no effect at
Use the AMOLED display on the phone (Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Razr, etc.).
Updated 2.0, Application User interface was changed and Hide soft key function was added.
- Lee MiRu
You can see result of filter by using 'Screen Test' which is included in this app, you can also use this feature to find dead pixels on your screen.
Furthermore, this app includes a funny feature "Filter Effect" which you can use 'Scanline Effect' to display Scan Lines on your screen to make it looks like CRT monitor.
Please read 'Term of Use' and 'Instruction' in this app carefully before using it.
***OLED screen owner please read***
(AMOLED screen of Samsung Galaxy S, Super AMOLED Plus screen of Samsung Galaxy S II, etc.)
- you should use only white, gray or black filter only.
- using color filter (not white, gray or black) for a long time may cause your screen more color tint. (it's about OLED screen property, not my fault)
- using any color filter other than black will cause black pixel being not 'true black' pixel anymore. (that means some power is required for black pixel)
- if the filter does not cover full screen, please uninstall this app because this may cause irregular color burn to your screen.
Please support us by rate/review this app if you like it. Thank you very much.
******** Known Issue *********
The filter disappear randomly.
- This is because Android system kills some services due to low memory condition. Sadly, This cannot be fixed. However, the system will start killed services again in a few seconds. So, you don't have to start service by yourself.
- fixed bugs
- removed vibration when filter on
- changed default color of new filter
- no update, just add link to my game :)
- added another link to my app :)
- added an option to AutoStart the filter service on boot
- added an option to make a notification icon to be removable
- added warning message
- fixed bugs
- fixed AutoStart for Android 4.0+
- add permission READ PHONE STATE
- removed permission READ PHONE STATE
- Find and fix stuck pixels.
- Find and fix dead pixels.
- Repair the AMOLED burn-in effect.
- Find and fix LCD mura effect.
- AMOLED Ready.
- Unlimited blinking time.
- Totally free, without PRO Version.
The application will attempt to fix problems in the screen by stimulating the screen with a colour flash
To change the colours, use the volume rocker. No touch is needed.
* Weather information
* Optimized for Amoled / Oled Screens
* Color themes
* Auto start option
If you use RD Night Clock with LCD-screen phone whole night, please keep your phone plugged in to charge otherwise RD Night Clock may cause power consumption and will drains your device battery quickly.
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S
Desk Clock, Night Clock, Dock Clock, Retro Clock
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
This application applies an overlay filter that acts as a dimmer to darken the screen and ensure your eyes don't hurt.
== Use Cases ==
- Prevent your eyes from hurting when the screen is too bright
- Low light (In bed, theatre, cinema, ..) usage for reading, browsing, texting or gaming
- Disable hardware or soft buttons backlight
- If you have an AMOLED display, you can also save battery!
== Permissions ==
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: To show the dimmer overlay
- INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: To send anonymous statistics and bug reports (you can disable them completely in the settings) and to show the ad (yeah, just one :-)
Send me an Email if you have any problem, questions or suggestions!
Keywords: night mode, nightmode, screen filter, dim screen, screen dimmer, low light screen, privacy filter, brightness, light, sensor
Screen Dimmer enable you to low the brightness of your phone or tablet even lower than what you can do by default in order to avoid headache and eye pain in a dark environment or at night. If you own an Amoled screen, this app will even save your battery because the black pixels actually turn off on an Amoled screen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMOLED#Comparison_to_other_technologies). It is also scientifically proved that blue radiations can cause insomnia (http://chriskresser.com/how-artificial-light-is-wrecking-your-sleep-and-what-to-do-about-it), preserve your sleep by changing the filter's color to red or brown! (pro version only)
Its design is simple and appreciable, you can't dislike it!
Great notification : click on the brightness icon to stop Screen Dimmer or click on the progress bar to change the filter's opacity (Version of Android earlier than 3.0).
- Variable opacity.
- Display a notification or not when Screen Dimmer is on.
- Minimize or not the screen's brightness.
- Disable the button's backlight.
- Quick launch widget and widget of opacity adjusting.
- [PRO] Change the colour of the filter and the widget.
- [PRO] Automatically toggle the app with the sunset/rise to use Screen Dimmer at night.
- [PRO] Choose the apps to launch when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Activate the silent mode when Screen Dimmer starts.
- [PRO] Do an opacity transition when the launch of Screen Dimmer is scheduled.
If you like my app, feel free to rate it and buy the PRO version (in app) to support its development and unlock the pro!
• Permissions :
- DRAW OVER OTHER APPS: needed to display the filter over other apps.
- RECEIVE BOOT COMPLETED: needed to preserve scheduling over reboots.
- COARSE LOCATION: needed by the sun scheduling feature.
• Tasker support:
To use, simply turn on the app and the black screen will appear. Tap Anywhere on the screen to exit the app.. It's that easy!!
* Can't fix previous damage caused by AMOLED "Screen Burn", but can prevent further damage if used on a regular basis!
More from developer
How it works: Characteristic of AMOLED is that the color will change according to the length of usage. The black notification has less usage than other part of the screen. Hence the burn-in mark appears. Burn-in Savior will blink the notification bar with different colors to neutralize the burn-in mark.
KW: burn-in, burn, oled, amoled, screen, notification, status bar, samsung, galaxy