Getaway is a game in which players take turns trying to get rid of their cards. When they run out, they can say they "GOT AWAY" and the last one with cards got "CAUGHT"
The game comes in different areas of NYC with progressively harder levels. You must beat a previous level a set number of times before proceeding to the next level.
- Entire deck to all players starting at last winner or himself if it is the first game or person to his right if dealer not playing.
- Players look at their cards and pile only.
- Player with the Ace of Spades starts the game by putting in pile (done automatically).
- Players go clockwise placing a card of same suite. If a player does not have a card matching the play suite, they may throw in any card at their turn, and player with the highest card of the original suite must then pick up and become new dealer. Play resumes with new dealer throwing in any card. IMPORTANT: You cannot lie! TIP: You can get rid of your high cards here for strategy!
- Play continues until all players have placed a card in the middle, then the cards in the middle are placed aside and the player that had thrown the highest card will now be dealer and deal any card.
- Once a player is rid of all their cards, they stop playing. Exception: If you run out of cards, and you're the dealer at the end, you must pick up from the pile.
- The last player to still have cards is referred to as having gotten "CAUGHT"
How to Play:
Just select a card from your pile when it's your turn.