Cab-pooling is a huge concern in an isolated, residential university like Shiv Nadar University. It has become a part of the process while planning to go anywhere.
Although Gmail and Whatsapp might seem like an easy platform for cab-pool requests, it is not convenient at all because of the following reasons,
1. Important messages might get lost in a flood of cab-pool requests.
2. It is essentially a spam message for people who do not want to cab-pool.
3. You require the mailing list to send cab-pool requests, or reply all to an existing thread which is a slow process.
4. It is not easy to keep a track of people interested in your offer unless they message you on Whatsapp or call.
5. Privacy is a huge concern, as you do not want to share your number out there in the public.
In such a scenario, there is a need for such an app which will be secure, and easy to use at the same time. UniPool does the exact same thing.
It provides a platform where students(and teachers) can create an entry on which they can receive requests from interested parties. Once the request is accepted, the pair can chat and decide further details.
UniPool also shows entries from the MEGA Cabpool thread.
1. Easy to find the desired trip.
2. No mobile numbers involved.
3. Built in chat.
4. Puts an end to the spam of cab-pooling.