Support Website: http://inhomobileapplications.webs.com
This is a fantastic dictionary application, using Google Definition!
Google Definition provides a concise and an accurate description of words. But sometimes it is a hassle to use this; you have to open up a browser, type the word, and then type "define" or ", definition".
This application basically does all of that for you fast.
You open this application, type in the term you want to find a concise and accurate description of and press "Show the definition."
Then, Google Definition Application closes, and you are left with a browser in Google with the search term whatEverYouSearched + ", definition".
When you open up the application the next time, you can see the list of the terms that you searched before. If you click any words in that list, you can research the word in Google.
(I recommend buying Fit Tight Planner and the Simplest Note with S Pen. Those are paid applications from me.)
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* Synonyms & Antonyms
* Voice Search
* Example Sentences
* Audio Pronunciations
* Word of the Day
* Favorites - lets you keep a list of words that are particularly interesting to you
* For Tablets: Scrolling Index - lets you browse the entire dictionary
* For Phones: Reader View - lets you hide navigation buttons to see text in full screen
* Recent History - lets you keep track of the words you've looked up
Do you want to know the usage of a new word? Are you a second-language learner here? Do you want to expend your vocabulary of words? Come here to download this app now for your Android devices.
It has a simple design and UI for us to have a better user experience and know more about words.
The free online English dictionary with related words and great search. Internet connection is required to use in this app, and it's free.
With this tool, you can get full explanation of words or phrases for free. it will tell us a lot here.
1. Just enter word or phrase to define here.
2. Press to define.
3. It will show us explanation, related word or phrase and Synonyms here.
4. Learn more about this word or phrase here.
Come to download this dictionary tool for free. you will like it.
If you are satisfied with this free app, you can share with your friends and leave us 5 stars.
A definition could be a statement that explains the meaning of a term (a word, phrase, or other set of symbols). The term to be defined could be the definiendum.
A dictionary can be a collection of words in one or more specific languages, often listed alphabetically (or by radical and stroke for ideographic languages), with usage information, definitions, etymologies, phonetics, pronunciations, and other information; or a book of words in one language with their equivalents in another, also known as a lexicon.
According to Nielsen a dictionary could be regarded as a lexicographical product that is characterised by three significant features: it might have been prepared for one or more functions; it can contain data that have been selected for the purpose of fulfilling those functions; and its lexicographic structures link and establish relationships between the data so that they may meet the needs of users and fulfill the functions of the dictionary.
Content and Features
* Multiple English dictionaries, featuring extensive definitions, pronunciations, usage sentences, etymologies, and more.
* Extensive offline English dictionary and thesaurus. NOTE: Offline content must be downloaded separately using an Internet connection before offline mode can be accessed.
* Advanced Search options, including "Starts with," "Ends with," and "In definition."
* Multiple thesauri, featuring synonyms, antonyms, related words, even images.
* Multiple encyclopedias, including Britannica, Columbia, Collins, even Wikipedia.
* Multiple specialty dictionaries, including Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Acronyms and Abbreviations, and more.
* Online dictionaries in 13 other languages: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian, Greek, Arabic, Polish, Turkish, and Russian.
* Translate English words into more than 40 languages, plus dozens of other translation options.
* Play audio pronunciations of words and view a pronunciation key.
* Jump to Definition, Thesaurus, or Translations with one button.
* Look up the definition of any word on the page with one click.
* Search for words on the page.
* Create unlimited bookmarks. Sort alphabetically or chronologically.
* Learn something new every day with fresh daily content, including Word of the Day, This Day in History, Quote of the Day, Today's Birthday, News of the Day, and more. Even set notifications for daily delivery.
* Play games, including Spelling Bee, Match Up, Words Within Words, as well as Hangman in a dozen different languages.
* Customize your homepage: add or remove articles, games, even personalized horoscope and local weather in Fahrenheit or Celsius.
* Navigate the app in more than a dozen languages with the multilingual interface.
* Share your favorite definitions, encyclopedia entries, and articles via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text. Even share homepage articles.
* Set daily notifications for Word of the Day and other content.
* Adjust font size.
* Copy text (with supported devices).
* Use swipe gestures to move back and forward (with supported devices).
* Search via Android Quick Search Box, including voice-activated searching (with supported devices).
* For app developers: The Free Dictionary app has the ability to be accessed by other apps with API calls (Contact Farlex for instructions on accessing TFD).
♦ More than 167000 words plus 113000 inflected forms
♦ Fast as it works offline, internet is used only when a word is not found in the offline dictionary
♦ You can leaf through words using your finger!
♦ Easy and functional user interface, optimized also for tablets
♦ Bookmarks and history with option to backup your bookmarks
♦ Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
♦ Compatible with Moon+ Reader and FBReader
♦ Themes with user defined text colors
You can listen to the word pronunciation, provided that voice data have been installed in your phone (Text-to-speech engine). No voice output? Please goto http://goo.gl/axXwR.
In case Moon+ Reader does not list my dictionary: open pop-up "Customize dictionary" and select "Open dictionary directly when Long-Tap on a word"
An offline dictionary needs memory. In case your device has low memory, please consider to use the online dictionary: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livio.dictionary
Information for application developers:
✔ This application provides Dictionary API for 3rd party developers, please read further details: http://thesaurus.altervista.org/dictionary-android
This application requires the following permissions:
INTERNET - to retrieve the definition of words
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - to backup configuration and bookmarks
• Use DefineNow as a dictionary, translator or/and encyclopedia
• Consult words or phrases definitions without leaving current app
• Check other reference sites in the same window
• Look for your own typed words definitions
• Bookmark unlimited favorites reference sites
• DefineNow is FREE, non-profit, no-ads.
How to use it:
Basic - Select and share text to get definitions
Quicker - Define or input text quickly from Notification Drawer
Quickest - Get definition automatically by select and copy
Basic way to use DefineNow:
1. Select a word or small phrase in your favorite app or browser.
2. Press the share button.
3. Look for the DefineNow icon and press it.
4. A small DefineNow window will show up with the definition from your selected reference source.
5. If you are not happy with result, consult other references sources selecting from drop list.
6. Dismiss the window touching outside or pressing device's back button.
7. Continue enjoying your reading.
Quicker way to use DefineNow:
Activate in the Preference menu the 'Notification' option. It allows launching DefineNow from Notification Drawer to define text on the clipboard. Fling down the DefineNow Notification and you can input text to define.
Quickest way to use DefineNow:
Activate in the Preference menu the 'Define on Copy' option. Each time text is copied, DefineNow will be called automatically. (Tested on: Galaxy S4, Nexus 5)
Now every time that you read some interesting article on the internet or your favorite app you can quickly consult words definitions using DefineNow and continue reading without having to be switching between apps or tabs.
Any suggestions to improve DefineNow are welcome, just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You download the dictionaries to the SD card the first time you launch the app. Choose which dictionary or dictionaries you want to download.
Perform advance searches in the dictionaries, which come in handy when you're working on a crossword puzzle.
Definitions can be read by the device using a text to speech module (some devices don't support this and some languages may not be available).
Offline dictionaries is a free, ad-supported application. For the ad-free version, check out Offline dictionaries Pro.
There are more than 40 multi-lingual dictionaries to choose from, including:
* English dictionary
* English anagrams
* English word list
* English <-> French
* English <-> German
* English <-> Spanish
* English <-> Russian
* English <-> Portuguese
* English <-> Arabic
* English <-> Hebrew
* English <-> Korean
* English <-> Chinese
* English <-> Japanese
* English <-> Hindi
* French dictionary
* French anagrams
* French word list
* French <-> Spanish
* French <-> Czech
* French <-> German
* French <-> Italian
* French <-> Chinese
* French <-> Japanese
* French <-> Arabic
* French <-> Dutch
* French <-> Hindi
* French <- Walloon
* Russian <- Chinese
* Russian <-> French
* Russian <-> German
* Russian <-> Italian
* German <-> Russian
* Japanese -> German
* Spanish dictionary
* Korean (full / law Hanja / Hanzi)
* Synonyms for English, French, Spanish, German, Czech, Polish, Irish
Dictionaries are added or improved regularly (ask us if you want a particular one).
Follow us on Twitter to get informed : http://twitter.com/nghsfr
The application can be used through ebook readers such as Moon Reader+...
Note: first INSTALLATION of BIG DICTIONARIES can be SLOW. Just WAIT for the progress window to be closed. No action is required.
Keywords: Thesaurus, dictionary, off-line dictionaries, disconnected, dictionnaire, hors ligne, horsligne
* Straightforward and precise definitions of over 140.000 words
* Works offline. No internet connection needed! Perfect for your studies and trips or when no data connection is available
* Save your favorite definitions
* Listen to the definitions with American or British accent using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Advanced search system:
- Search inside definitions and examples
- Search using different criteria: word start, exact match or any substring
* Share definitions via SMS, email, etc.
* Saves automatically your phone's data space. The app installs itself automatically in the SD card if possible (Android 2.2+).
* Optimized for all Android versions
* Based on WordNet®, a lexical reference system whose design is inspired by current psycholinguistic theories of human lexical memory. English nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are organized into synonym sets, each representing one underlying lexical concept.
This version is supported by ads. If you like the application, please consider upgrading the ad-free version to support the development. Thanks :)
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market. Please check our blog post about this subject: http://www.movinapp.com/talking-android
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu/Action Bar --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 English accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (UK)
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We suggest installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
TTS enabled phones can SPEAK the definition.
* Three definitions per word.
* Two (session) word history.
* Tablet friendly.
* Post Quick definition to your Facebook wall.
* Tweet Quick definition.
Follow @VoiceDictionary for a daily definition, Victor Dimitry on Google+ and VoiceDictionary on Facebook.
#VoiceDictionary #LetsGetWordy #dailyGFXdef #DailyDef
SMS definition to phone.
Voice button active.
Unlimited definitions per word.
Unlimited (session) word history.
Expanded full definition with parts of speech and spoken pronunciation TV friendly.
By Tom Petersen
If you're having issues please upgrade!
B-Rhymes is a rhyming dictionary that's not stuck up about what does and doesn't rhyme. It gives you words that sound good together even though they don't technically rhyme as well as regular rhymes.
All you have to do is select the word whose meaning you want to see, choose Share, and you'll get your meaning!
You can continue what you were reading after reading the meaning :)
It also shows you an example sentence to make the meaning clearer.
Check out the video above to see it in action.
Works awesomely with: Browsers, Book Reader Apps(Aldiko etc), GMail/email clients and more!
Like us on Facebook if you like the app. Get access to pre-release videos, apps and updates!
Planned for Future: Synonyms and pronunciation!
The application allows you to look up words online in the LEO dictionaries for the language pairs German-
- English (788,000)
- French (239,000)
- Spanish (192,000)
- Italian (165,000)
- Chinese (169,000)
- Russian (169,000)
- Portuguese (52,000)
- Polish (48,000)
Results for queries may also include additional information such as
- conjugation tables
- audio files
- grammar & etymology,
as well as other information relevant to the search term including
- orthographically similar words
- possible base forms for inflected words
- forum discussions containing the search term.
The forum feature allows you to post language-related questions that are not answered by the dictionary. In some sections of the forums, you may need to be a registered user to post questions.
With the trainer feature you can save words and memorise them in a so-called slide show or practise them using various other quiz modes. You may use the trainer online as well as offline and synchronise word lists and statistics on your smart-phone with those on the Web.
Detailed information on all functions are available on our website.
Definitions for over 200,000 words.
Gives over 33,000 example sentences to show words in context.
Over 260,000 related words.
Accepts voice input.
Includes Word of the Day and Random word.
Stores previously searched words in the History.
Download size of only 211K so uses much less file space than other free dictionary apps.
A Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus with Word of the Day and History!
Free English Dictionary gives you over 200,000 word definitions at your fingertips in seconds. Type in an English word and the definition is quickly retrieved from the dictionary. Suggested words are given as you type so don’t worry if you’re not sure of the spelling. If your device is running android 2.1 and above you can also speak and search without having to type the word.
Dictionary definitions are given with examples and notes so you can see the word used in a sentence.
Once you have looked up a word in the dictionary, the Thesaurus button quickly finds words with similar meaning (synonyms) and opposite meaning (antonyms). You can also search the thesaurus directly. Touch a word displayed in the thesaurus results and the dictionary definition is provided.
The Word of the Day function offers an interesting and unusual words retrieved from the dictionary with definitions, examples and notes.
Need more than just one new word a day? Click on the random button in the word of the day page and a new random word, with definitions and examples, will be retrieved from the dictionary.
The History function displays a list of words previously looked up in the dictionary. If you need to check that definition again, just click on the word in the history and the dictionary definition is shown.
Free English Dictionary is regularly updated to enhance performance and user experience.
Look out for new features coming soon to Free English Dictionary:
Audio function - hear how a word is pronounced.
More dictionaries to choose from.
Free English dictionary, it’s quick, easy and very useful!
Arcus Dictionary is a fast offline English dictionary with 165000+ words, definitions and synonyms. A 6.2MB download gives you access to everything without requiring network access after install.
It is designed to be easy to use and give you the top and most common results for your query. All you need to do is start typing to get results instantly. By default the more probable matches are displayed first although there is an option to display results purely alphabetically too.
The dictionary also supports pronunciations for definitions, a favourites feature, word hyperlinking, sharing and customisation options.
If you have any questions, suggestions or feature requests please email me using the contact option in the Android Market. Unfortunately I cannot respond personally to comments in the market.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Saving data files to the sd card
tags: off-line, offline, english dictionary, thesarus
More from developer
Impress and have fun with your friend or family. :)
1. mantabss serius bagus aplikasi ini.... Tadinya mikir paling2 aplikasi cuma maen2 ternyata beneran bagus dan hasilnya GUE BANGET! Hebat nih....
2.Bagas 95% correct about my self
*If your device is not working : Just quick tap on thumb picture to get the analysis (not long press)
*We put the application under ENTERTAINMENT categories
* Ejaan rumi for bacaan doa (useful for muaalaf)
* Zikir dan wirid mengikut sunnah.
* Syarat-syarat doa dimakbulkan.
* Bacaan doa lepas sembahyang ringkas (mudah dihafal)
* Malay language.
* Free version.
* Auto Rotate mode (optimal for smaller screen)
* Sesuai untuk pelajar.
*Niat dalam Rumi dan Arab
*Syarat Qasar dan Jamak
*Takrif Qasar Jamak
*Boleh dibawa kemana-mana sahaja di handphone anda,
*Soal jawab solat musafir, jamak dan Qasar
The Islamic calendar converter will be useful for determining the approximate Western equivalent for an Islamic calendar date and can also be used for converting historical Islamic calendar dates into Western calendar dates.
You can use this application to convert Hijri A.H. and A. D. (Gregorian) dates using this easy and simple to use Android application.
The best Android conversion tool from Gregorian calendar dates to the hijri dates.
This apps features funny quotes/advice from YBHG Ustaz Azhar Idrus.
1. Play 300++ random quote/advice function
2. Offline version
4. Malay language version
GPS based Qiblat Locator makes finding the Qibla (direction to Mecca) as easy as looking up a phone map.
You can find direction of qiblah to kaabah/mecca using built in GPS (Global Positioning System) devices. The GPS will give you the accurate longlitude and latitude of your phone devices. The apps will locate the direction of mecca/ka'bah from your country..
You can zoom, pan and move to your city, street level to find your kibla direction. Useful when you travel oversea or when you check in in the new hotel room.
Please read the instruction:
* Makna nama akan memberi maksud nama anak. Contoh : Nurul = cahaya
* Analisis huruf akan memberi analisis berdasarkan semua huruf dan bukan berdasarkan makna nama.
* Salah faham berlaku jika mengangkap analisis huruf adalah merupakan makna nama. (contohnya taip makna yang buruk tetap akan memberi analisis berdasarkan huruf). Sila gunakan fungsi cadangan nama untuk mendapatkan makna nama yang baik.
* Rujukan hadis memberi panduan nama yang baik juga nama yang diharamkan.
* Aplikasi ini adalah percuma. Sila beri rating yang baik jika bermanfaat.
*For Indonesian user. Please search for Arti Nama Bayi Indonesia apps in the Google Play store.
Enter the word or paste it from the clipboard into the text-box for translation and press the corresponding "search" button. To pronounce Arabic word (TTS) - press the "Voice" button.
Now you can use this this "Rahsia Jodoh Saya" apps to know the loving affinity degree with your partner.
* Compatibility calculation based on names.
* Personalities trait based on birth date.
* Age calculator.
* Malay language only.
* Just for fun and entertainment/education purpose only.
*Aplikasi Rahsia jodoh saya adalah untuk hiburan semata-mata.
Al-Quran Al-Kareem 30 Juz is a free copies of Al-Quran in your Android Phone. This application is a must for every Muslim You can read the Quran conveniently from you phone anywhere.
* Crystal clear surah images.
* Work on all Android devices (1.5 and above).
* Fast Navigation bar
* Auto re size on bigger screen
* New: Surah Index and page navigation.
If you have any comments, suggestions or errors please leave the comment and suggestion.
As requested: Daftar isi added.
Doing this personality test may help you understand what makes you what you are and why you react to things the way you do.
* Discover exact day you were born
* Your personality based on the day of the month of your birthday.
* Free and make a friend from this apps.
* Malay Language.
Rahsia dan personaliti diri berdasarkan tarikh lahir.
* Umrah Map
* Free apps
* Satellite map
* Auto rotate
1 Ihram-sebelum tiba di miqat
a. Bergunting/mengandam atau mencukur rambut, misai/jambang, memotong kuku dan lain-lain
b. Mandi sunat ihram atau sekurang-kurangnya berwudhuk
c. Sebelum tiba di miqat (sempadan), pakai pakaian ihram (2 helai kain tidak berjahit bagi lelaki dan baju yang menutup aurat bagi wanita).
d. Para wanita tidak dibenarkan menutup muka semasa berada dalam keadaan ihram
e. Melakukan solat 2 rakaat. Elak melakukannya pada waktu makruh solat.
f. Sunat membaca surah Al-Kafirun pada rakaat pertama dan surah Al-Ikhlas pada rakaat kedua selepas membaca surah Al-Fatihah
g. Berniat ihram (boleh menggunakan sebarang bahasa)
h. Melakukan talbiyah
i. Pergi ke masjidil haram, melakukan talbiyah (lelaki boleh membaca dengan kuat, wanita membaca dengan senyap)
j. Apabila sampai dan memasuki Masjidil Haram, mulakan masuk dengan kaki kanan dan membaca doa memasuki masjid
k. Apabila melihat Kaabah baca "Allaahu Akbar, Laa ilaaha illallah" sebanyak 3 kali, membaca Durood dan doa menghadap Kaabah
a. Mulakan tawaf pada sudut Hajarul Aswad, membuka bahu sebelah kanan bagi lelaki semasa melakukan tawaf (Idhtiba).
b. Membaca niat tawaf (boleh dilakukan dalam sebarang bahasa)
c. Menyentuh dan mencium Hajarul Aswad. Jika tidak boleh, lakukan Istilam (Sentuh) Hajarul Aswad kemudian mengucupnya. Jika tidak mampu, disunatkan isyarat dengan tangan dari jauh sambil menyebut (Bismillaahi Allaahu Akbar) kemudian kucup tapak tangan tanpa membunyikan suara kucupan tersebut.
d. Mulakan pusingan pertama ulangi bacaan 'Bismillaahi Allaahu Akbar' setiap kali memulakan pusingan baru sehingga lengkap 7 pusingan
e. Jemaah lelaki perlu berjalan pantas semasa 3 pusingan pertama. 4 pusingan selebihnya boleh dilakukan dengan berjalan biasa
f. Lakukan Istilam untuk kali ke-8 untuk selesai
g. Semasa melakukan Tawaf Nafl, jika boleh pandang Kaabah dan sentuh penjuru Yamani dengan tangan kanan dan berkata Bismillaahi Allaahu Akbar
h. sepanjang tawaf, para jemaah boleh memusingkan badan ke arah kaabah, perkara ini boleh dilakukan pada waktu mula dan akhir tawaf semasa melakukan istilam
i. Membaca Al-Quran, membaca doa atau zikir dan lain-lain semasa tawaf. Disunatkan membaca doa diantara penjuru Yamani dan penjuru Hajarul Aswad semasa setiap pusingan
j. Selepas Tawaf Nafl, jika boleh, berdiri diantara pintu Kaabah dan Hajar Aswad dan berdoa-kawasan ini dikenali sebagai Multazam
k. Selepas selesai tawaf i) tutup bahu kanan ii) lakukan solat 2 rakaat di mana-mana kawasan di Haram. Sunat membaca surah Al-Kafirun pada rakaat pertama dan surah Al-Ikhlas semasa rakaat kedua selepas surah Al-Fatihah
l. Minum air zam zam.Lakukan doa semasa minum air zam zam
m. Wajar (Mustahab) melakukan Istilam untuk kali ke-9 sebelum pergi Sa'ei
a. Pergi ke Bukit Safa dan lakukan niat Sa'ei (boleh dilakukan dalam sebarang bahasa)
b. Naik ke Bukit Safa, menghadap arah Kaabah dan berkata "Laa Ilaaha Il-lal Laahu Wal-laahu Akbar sebanyak 3 kali
c. Angkat tangan dan menghadap Kaabah, lakukan doa sebanyak mungkin
d. Dari Bukit Safa pergi ke Bukit Marwah
e. Lakukan doa, zikir dan lain-lain sepanjang perjalanan tersebut
f. Para jemaah lelaki boleh berlari-lari anak/ berjalan pantas antara bahagian hijau dan membaca doa (lihat gambar)
g. Apabila sampai ke bukit seterusnya lakukan doa sekali lagi sambil menghadap arah Kaabah
h. Perjalanan dari satu bukit ke satu bukit dikira sebagai satu pusingan
i. Kembali semula ke Safa. Lakukan 7 kali pusingan antara Safa dan Marwah sambil mengulangi langkah e, f, g.
J. Selesaikan pusingan ke-7 di Marwah dan berdoa.
4. Menggunting dan mencukur rambut
a. Setelah selesai melakukan Sa'ei, Jemaah lelaki perlu mencukur rambut (Halaq) atau menggunting sekurang-kurangnya 1 inci rambut secara keseluruhan (Qasr)