The Medscape app is the highest rated, fastest growing free mobile app for healthcare professionals with over 4 million registered users.
The Medscape app for Android™ is available for free.
All features are available for free. (Log in required only for the first time using the app. New users can register for a free account.)
Most popular features available in our app:
- Medical News:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
- Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
- Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and conditions. Authored and reviewed by expert physicians.
- Medical Calculators
Access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales, and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Plus, 600+ drugs in our drug reference have integrated dosing calculators.
- Drug Formulary Information
Find out whether a drug is covered under a particular health plan and easily compare tier status for drugs in the same class to consider an alternative for your patient. Choose from our complete list of 1,800 plans across all 50 states.
- Continuing Medical Education Courses:
Complete accredited CME/CE courses for professional development and to fulfill licensure requirements. Courses available in 1,000+ topics across 30+ specialties.
- Offline Access:
Drug, condition, and procedure reference, plus drug interaction checker can be accessed without an internet connection when you select the option to download our clinical reference database.
For more information, visit medscape.com/mobileapp
Please remember, we aren’t able to respond to you based on comments. If you have any suggestions to improve our app or are having issues using our app, please contact us through our online help center at help.medscape.com.
Supported Device and OS Information:
Supported Devices: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible
Supported OS: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
NOTE: Users with 'rooted' devices and ad-blocker software installed may experience connectivity errors while using Medscape.
Please disable ad-blocker software before attempting to download Medscape's offline Clinical Reference.
The Guide includes lists of pertinent questions, physical findings, and differential diagnosis for more than 100 of the most common adult and pediatric symptoms so you can instantly diagnose and treat the complaint.
*** Fully Functional 7-Day Trial ***
Turn to Guide for important guidelines on:
* Patient and family history
* Physical examination
* Diagnostic considerations
* Outstanding indexing and cross-referencing to help you quickly arrive at a diagnosis
* Increased number of evidence-based medicine references
* Updated medical information throughout
* More references to key websites
* Additional information on the author's website
"This is a book of lists to help inexperienced healthcare providers hone their skill at progressing from symptoms to a differential diagnosis to treatment decisions. This is a necessary step in a student's development and this book goes a long way in assisting in this process. 3 Stars."--Doody's Review Service
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported, the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
Visual Anatomy Free is an interactive reference, and education tool. Now it include a rotational organ 3D overview model!! It contains 58 high-resolution images and more than 300 feature points which can be interactively selected. Each feature has its own label and short description. The app also has search function which can be used as searching the labels of all feature points. 8 overview images from Gray's anatomy. Full version has all 1247 images.
In additional, a quiz with 23 multi-choice questions also is included.
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool but can also be used for any professional who needs the occasional reminder. Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators or professionals, allowing them to visually show detailed areas to their patients or students - helping to educate or explain conditions, ailments and injuries. It is also a general anatomy guide.
★ Support English, French, Spanish, German languages.
★ muscle description (ORIGIN, INSERTION, NERVE, ACTIONS).
★ Tap and Zoom - Pinch zoom into and identify any region, bone or other feature by tapping on the screen.
★ Quiz mode - test yourself with an option to switch off the label of the feature point.
★ Quick Navigation - jump to a different system or organ by selecting the thumbnail.
★ Multi-choice quiz.
★ High-resolution images.
★ Great for learning anatomy and physiology
★ Free periodic updates.
★ Can be used as anatomy dictionary by searching anatomy term.
Organ 3D, Muscular System (anterior, posterior and lateral views), Skeletal System (anterior, posterior and lateral views), Circulation System,Body Region,Heart, Respiratory System, Digestive System, Urinary System, Nervous System, Female and male Reproductive Systems, Ear Structure, Nasal Cavity, Eye.
HOW TO USE:
The user is presented with a high-quality anatomy images. The user can zoom in to any area by tapping on the zoom in button and using the single finger panning function. The feature point (cross) can be selected by tapping on it. Detail button allows you to switch on/off the short description. For muscle section, detail button only show the description. Quiz mode button allows you to switch on/off the label and short description.
When you input more than one characters, the search function automatically gives a list of potential key words. You can just select one of them from the list. The result will be the feature point on the anatomy image, label and short description.You also can find more information by pressing the Wiki icon!!
* Search for drug information, disease information and ICD9 codes
* No need to install or keep updating local databases
* Rapid search of multiple information providers using the same search term
* App will remember your last search term and last used provider
* Search history available
* Information providers used are: Drugs.com, EMC(UK), Medscape, Epocrates, Wikipedia, SearchICD9 and MIMS.com (Asia)
* Search for drugs without registration: Drugs.com and EMC (UK)
* Search for Drugs and Medical information (e.g. diseases, diagnoses) for free in Medscape and Epocrates (yes possible even if outside USA)
* Search for ICD Codes with SearchICD9
* An Internet connection is required in order to use this app
* Search result will open in your browser. Use your Back button to get back to the app.
* You may be required to login to some information providers : Medscape and MIMS but registration is free
* App is formatted for smartphones, may not work well for tablet devices
This application is not a trial. Now you can access the same content you rely on in Micromedex® on your Android device for free. Drug Information contains the industry’s most comprehensive drug information and is backed by the same thorough, unbiased editorial process as Micromedex. Now from anywhere, clinical care teams can instantly get information to support confident treatment decisions.
Drug Information is a free resource for on-the-go access to the industry’s most trusted clinical reference information, providing users the peace-of mind of knowing the information is from Micromedex, coupled with the ease of use of Android devices. An internet connection is not required, allowing for access at anytime from anywhere.
Drug Information contains concise information on 4500+ search terms, covering:
• generic names, including selected combination products
• common trade names
• therapeutic class
• black box warnings
• dosage, adult
• dosage, pediatric
• dose adjustments
• indications (differentiated as “FDA labeled” and “non-FDA labeled”)
• how supplied
• adverse effects (separated into “common” and “serious”)
• drug interactions
• pregnancy category
• breast feeding
• mechanism of action
- India's first offline drug reference app displaying 1200+ generics and 70,000 brands
- Quick Search by Generic, Brand or Therapy Group
- Get complete details of the generic drug and it's available brands in India
- *Unique Feature* First of it's kind, to display the different combinations and it's brands available for a generic drug
- Simple, Concise yet precise drug information at your finger tips
- Save frequently referred drugs into your favorite list
We strive to give our users the best possible experience to get 5 stars. If there is any issue, please write to us and give us an opportunity before rating us below 5. Thank you!
Tags: Drug Dictionary, Drug, Medicine, Health, Reference, Dictionary, WebMD, Medscape, Micromedex, Medstac, Medstack, Generic Drug, APICON
* Search and filter by discipline or system.
* Create and share your own mnemonics, then submit them for review by our resident MD to add to the database!
Healthcare professionals worldwide use Epocrates routinely to:
-NEW: Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
-Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
-Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
-Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information
-Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
-Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
-Access timely medical news and research information
Disease information, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools and content are available by upgrading to an Epocrates Essentials subscription.
Members with an Epocrates Essentials subscription will have access to premium content across all Epocrates supported platforms.
Omnio 3, a free update for Skyscape, is coming this month! Get a sneak peak at omnio.com/sneak
The Skyscape Medical Resources app is used by more than 2.7 million healthcare professionals (HCPs) to access the medical resources they know and trust at the point of care. This valuable decision-support tool helps physicians, nurses, students and other HCPs find the right answers, right away.
// EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE APP
• The free Skyscape app comes loaded with a valuable package of medical resources, including drug information, medical calculators and clinical information on over 850 topics.
• You can purchase any of more than 500 premium resources in 35 medical specialties and access all of them from within this one convenient app.
• Robust features include SmartLink™, Skyscape’s proprietary cross-reference functionality; medical calculators; algorithms; interactive images; flowcharts; and frequent content updates.
//INCLUDED FOR FREE
• RxDrugs: Comprehensive information on thousands of brands and generics, with interactions (including multi-drug analyzer tool), pill images and over 400 integrated dosing calculators. This resource also includes formulary information covering 5,000 health plans in all 50 US states.
• Archimedes: Medical calculator with more than 200 interactive tools, organized by specialty.
• Outlines in Clinical Medicine: Evidence-based clinical information on hundreds of diseases and symptom-related topics, presented in convenient outline format.
• MedAlert™: In-context and specialty-focused journal summaries, trial results, breaking clinical news, drug alerts and other information, fully integrated with the app’s global search and SmartLink.
// PREMIUM RESOURCES
Skyscape has partnered with more than 50 respected publishers and content providers to offer a virtual “greatest hits” of the most trusted medical resources, regularly updated to ensure you have the most current information at your fingertips. Popular premium resources include:
• 5-Minute Clinical Consult
• Diseases and Disorders: A Nursing Therapeutics Manual
• Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses
• Rosen and Barkin's 5 Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
• Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary
• Netter’s Atlas of Human Anatomy
• Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology
• The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy
• Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
• Journal Watch
// POWERFUL TOOLS TURN INFORMATION INTO ACTION
• SmartLink™ – Empowers your natural thought process by cross-referencing all consulted resources, from initial patient interaction to diagnosing, treating and prescribing.
• Content Updates – Skyscape resources are continuously updated so you can be confident that you have the most up-to-date available.
• SmartSearch™ – Patented dynamic search finds the information you need, even when you don’t know where to look.
• Algorithms – Clinical decision trees guide diagnosis and treatment choices.
• Integrated Calculators – Power on-screen calculations directly from your research topic.
• Flowcharts – Transform complex algorithms and protocols from static images into dynamic step-by-step decision support tools.
• Full Color Images – Bring conditions to life and incorporate clickable “hotspots” to identify structures.
// CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Skyscape Customer Support is always available to help get you up and running.
• Email us using a convenient form on www.skyscape.com/support.
• Call us at 888.759.7227. We're available 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (US EST) Monday through Friday.
• View installation guides and feature demos at www.skyscape.com/support.
-Disease Description. A clear and concise description of the disease including pathophysiology, incidence, complications and causes. Information is presented in a simple easy to understand format without sacrificing accuracy or detail. Explanations of disease processes are assisted by the appropriate use of illustrations and diagrams.
-Signs and Symptoms. A complete description of all the signs and symptoms associated with each disease.
-Investigations. A detailed list of recommended investigations which may be used to make a diagnosis. This includes laboratory tests, radiography, imaging, surgery and all other relevant investigations
-Treatment. A comprehensive and detailed description of current recommended treatments, including dosages for most medications
-Patient Management. Things the patient can do to assist in treatment where applicable.
Most medical information accessible to the general public is either over simplified and of questionable value, or too complicated to understand. The objective when compiling this encyclopaedia was too strike a middle ground, so that the information was presented in a way that could be understood by the general public and contained enough accurate and detailed information to satisfy health care providers or members of the medical profession.
This software was designed to assist members of the public with their healthcare by providing easy access to an accurate source of comprehensible medical information. Other individuals or groups which would benefit from the use of this software include;
-Patients with an exiting medical condition can access simple detailed illustrated explanations of their condition with the click of a button. They can also obtain information on the appropriate diagnostic tests and procedures which should be used to confirm the diagnosis and check their medication in the treatment section.
-Patients who are newly diagnosed will be better able to understand their condition and will be well informed about upcoming diagnostic tests and procedures and the different forms of treatment currently available.
-Medical practitioners can refresh their memory from the 400+ diseases in the database or quickly obtain a list of recommended diagnostic tests or procedures.
-Allied health professionals can use the software to quickly obtain simple accurate and detailed descriptions of medical conditions they may not be familiar with so that they can better contribute to patient care
-Medical students can gain rapid access to a vast collection of readily available medical information at a fraction of the cost of medical text books. They will also appreciate the simple yet detailed disease descriptions, with coloured illustrations and the comprehensive list of diagnostic tests and treatments.
All of the medical data used to compile this software was extracted, cross-referenced or summarised from a number of highly reputable sources including:
-Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 16th Edit.
-The Merck Manual 18th Edit.
-Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine 6th Edit.
-Murtagh's General Practice
If you want high quality, accurate up to date medical information at your finger tips, download this app now
Now receive you daily health tips from trusted resources!
Join millions healthcare professionals and consumers users who download iPharmacy ®
Coming this Fall: A grand prize will be awarded to the 3,000,000th user.
Introducing Berkeley Wellness -- "BeWell", your daily approach to a long and healthful life!
>>> Powered by University of California, Berkeley School of Public Health & Remedy Health Media
<<<< Powered by GoodRx to find the lowest meds:
Easily compare prices at local and mail order pharmacies to find the lowest price.
--- Over 1 million prices for more than 6,000 drugs at every major US pharmacy chain and many local stores
--- Prices from all major US pharmacy chains and online pharmacies Information on manufacturer discount cards (free coupons provided by pharmaceutical manufacturers that can save you $500 or more)
-- Incredible saving: might be less than your copay!
-- One click refill to main pharmacy chains: Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, WalMart and more!
<< User testimonials <<<
“This application has helped me with identifying many pills and has given me GREAT information on the 12 medications I take!” A Diabetes Patient
“iPharmacy is a one-stop shopping for medicine information and savings.” A Patient
“ I use iPharmacy to make sure all my medicines play nicely with each other and to know when is the best time to take them. “ A Traumatic Brain Injury Survivor
**An excellent medical dictionary for both consumers and health professionals**
**Save up to 75% on prescription with a FREE discount card**
** Built-in 12,000 pill and package images**
** Controlled substances which are susceptible to addiction and abuse are labelled by US Department of Justice schedules. Best for law enforcement officers.
# Identify medication of interest by brand name, generic name (ingredient), color/shape/imprint and bar code!
# "Best iPhone App for Prescription Reference" in the O'Reilly book titled "Best iPhone Apps", (2nd edition) 2010. (http://bit.ly/BestRxRef)
# 2000 Controlled Substances by DEA Scheduling
# Identify more than 10000 drug by imprint, color and shape!
# Find out customer ratings / comments of your prescription.
# Most commented medication includes XANAX, OXYCONTIN, ZOLOFT, PERCOCET, LISINOPRIL, ADDERALL, GABAPENTIN, ATIVAN, VICODIN and more.
The PRESCRIPTION DISCOUNT CARD
-- FREE pre-activated prescription discount card sponsored by RxRelief.
-- Show the RxRelief card at your local pharmacy and save up to 75% on medication.
-- Accepted by Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, Target, Kroger, Costco, RiteAid & 60,000+ participating pharmacies**
-- Find a nearby discount pharmacy using pharmacy locator
REMINDER TO TRACK YOUR MEDICATION
Maintaining a proper medication schedule requires discipline, and a helping hand from the iPharmacy app.
Medical compliance is one of the biggest boosts you can give to your health.
The iPharmacy app enables you to set reminders for multiple medications.
MEDICATION GUIDE INCLUDES
o Exclusively FDA-approved drug information such as:
o Indications & Usage
o Dosage & administration
o Warnings and precautions
o Adverse reactions
o Drug interactions
Plus more features coming soon!
Please visit our website or email email@example.com for further information.
The iPharmacy application and its owners are not affiliated with FDA. All information presented by the application is for educational purpose solely. Nothing on the application should be taken to constitute professional advice or a formal recommendation. We exclude all representations and warranties relating to the content and use of these applications.
- Professional audio pronunciations by native American health professionals
- Instant research through Wikipedia, Medscape, and Google
- Enhanced search for quick access to pronunciations
- User profiles for accessing settings and custom words on multiple devices
- Voice recorder for adding your own words
- Bookmarks for creating study lists
- Sharing with friends via email, Facebook, and SMS
- Feedback and reporting system for adding new terms
- Over 10,000 commonly used medical terms!
- Regular updates for free
3000+ Drug Names:
Mastering difficult drug names will increase your confidence when communicating with patients and colleagues.
Over 7000 Medical Terms:
We have included many commonly used terms in Pathology, Anatomy, and Diagnostics. More words added regularly!
We have built in the ability to easily research the medical term on Wikipedia, Medscape, and Google. Simply clicking on the word will allow you browse for more information.
Add your own words!
We have added a new feature that allows you to record your own words! These words can be easily accessed by clicking the "My Words" button on the bottom!
Simply start entering a word into the search bar and the app will search as you type! This will save you time while referencing words with difficult spelling
You have the option to bookmark anyword for quick reference. Once you have simply mastered the word, simply use the swipe gesture to delete it from bookmarks.
We are constantly working to provide you with new recordings! Your one time purchase provides you access to all future updates!
Our new Android app is less than 1mb! This means you can download and start using it quickly. All audio pronunciations are hosted on reliable Amazon AWS servers so you can instantly hear the words without having to download large amount of data that will use up storage on your phone or tablet.
Visit our website to view a demo of the application and to hear sample words:
Please feel free to contact us via email at anytime!
Initially conceived and compiled in 2010, as an intern survival guide, Boka's Notes™ is created by a board-certified internal medicine physician and has undergone many updates and revisions. Already in use by dozens of medical students, interns, and medical residents, it is finally available in app format!
Check www.BokasNotes.com for available app formats and more information.
Possessing a unified resource as a pupil of medicine can be a daunting task, even in today's world where the Internet has made learning so much easier. Medical students, interns, and residents value their time and require a quick reference on how to walk, talk, write, and how to present their patients on rotations.
This is why Boka's Notes™ was developed. The Notes are meant to ease the transition-- bridging the small, but large gap between medical school and residency. They also serve as useful references for senior residents and rotators.
These Notes are designed for the following groups in training:
1.Third- year medical students.
2.Fourth-year medical students.
3.Internal Medicine Interns (especially in their first 6 months of residency).
4.Senior medical residents wishing to refresh their minds quickly.
5.Rotating residents from emergency, family practice, obstetrics and gynecology, and surgery who are on the internal medicine wards or in the outpatient clinics.
6.Healthcare professionals interested in internal medicine.
Each Note is organized under the following five unique headings:
- In-app browsing!!
- Search in-app fully indexable
- Search Pubmed in-app
- Search medscape.com in-app
- Search google.com in-app
- Framingham coronary heart disease calculator
- Hemoglobin A1C-derived average plasma glucose generator
- Glomerular filtration rate calculator
- Outpatient Rotation Note
- Inpatient Rotation Note
- Intensive Care Unit Rotation Note
- Nephrology Rotation Note
- Ophthamology Note
- Analgesics Resources Note
- Antibiotics Resources Note
- Chest X-ray Resources Note
- Death Pronouncement Note
- EKGs Note (electrocardiogram)
- Electrolytes Resources Note covering Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus
- Procedure Note
- Rapid Response Note covering GI (gastrointestinal) bleeds, seizures, hypotension, CVA/stroke, alcohol withdrawal, shortness of breath
- Practice-Changing Literature with in-app hyperlinks/abstracts!!
- S.O.A.P. note/Patient Progress Note
- On Call Acute Altered Mental Status
- On Call Abdomen
- Abdominal Pain Differential Diagnosis Note
- On Call Arrhythmias
- On Call Chest Pain
- On Call Fever
- On Call Hyperglycemia
- On Call Hypoglycemia
- On Call Hypertension
- On Call Oliguria
- On Call Shortness of Breath
Enjoy & tell your friends and coworkers!
We would love comments, suggestions for improvement, and/or feedback. Please direct comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.