Combining the power of speed tests and crowdsourcing, together, we are building the biggest network and most accurate database of WiFi coverage and the connection speeds of these Hotspots in the world. SpeedSpot has a powerful and highly reliable speed test engine that is ideal for measuring any type of cell or WiFi connection: 3g, 4g, LTE, dsl, adsl, cable. It also takes into account the strength of the WiFi or cell signal.
This means you are getting the most accurate results for your download speed, upload speed or ping tests.
SpeedSpot is building a free, crowdsourced database of WiFi Hotspots that are rated by an internet speed test. In order to do that SpeedSpot let’s you create SpeedSpots, which combine speed test data and a venue, like a Hotel, Cafe and Restaurant and its GPS map location (SpeedSpot = Speed Test + Venue + Location) and allows you to contribute this information to the database which is freely accessible for all SpeedSpot users on Android and iOS. Hotel results are also freely accessible to everyone using a browser on SpeedSpot.org, the only search engine on the internet that let’s you check how fast a Hotel's internet connection is before you stay there.
✓ Run Speed Tests for your Cellular Network on 3g, 4g, LTE connections to improve your coverage
✓ Test the Download and Upload Speed and Ping of WiFi Hotspots on dsl, adsl, cable connections.
✓ Help make finding free WiFi Hotspots with fast network connections possible by contributing your test results to the crowdsourced database
✓ Worldwide high speed data server network for reliable results
✓ Keep track of your internet connection speeds in your personal result history. The details include download and upload speed, ping, signal strength, network name, internal and external IP and the test date.
✓ Compare your different 3g, 4g, LTE cell connection tests. Study the reliability of your broadband dsl, adsl, cable connections over time.
✓ Use the WiFi Finder to access a coverage map that let’s you easily locate free, fast WiFi Hotspots around you in Hotels, Cafes and Restaurants and other public locations like stores, bars and libraries
✓ Free and without Ads
✓ Testing ping, download and upload speeds takes only 20s
✓ Data sizes are minimized and optimized for testing 3g, 4g, LTE connections to preserve mobile bandwidth
✓ Excellent WiFi coverage in large cities with thousands of spots on the map
✓ Easily find Hotels, Cafes, Restaurants, Bars and other Venues that offer fast free internet
✓ Explore venues directly on TripAdvisor, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Yelp
✓ Locate venues and get instant directions to the next fast WiFi Hotspot with maps
As featured in:
"SpeedSpot helps you avoid wimpy hotel WiFi.“ - USA TODAY
"New App SpeedSpot guides you to fastest Wi-Fi in your area." - Fast Company
"Thanks to SpeedSpot you can avoid unfortunate internet conditions when traveling." - Gizmodo
We have recently focused on improving the accuracy of the download, upload and ping tests. We are also focusing on incorporating the influencing of the signal strength into the test results as the signal strength can have significant influence on the connection speeds. Also we are trying to continue improving on the ideal data throughput for 3g, 4g, LTE connections to further minimize the necessary bandwidth for the tests. As data size is not so important for broadband connections like dsl, adsl and cable here we try to focus on shortening the time necessary to receive meaningful test results. Also we are constantly advancing the coverage quality of the Hotels, Cafes and Restaurants add added to the database and the maps.
In the advanced test, speed is shown on a graph for easy interpretation. You can also see the average and maximum speeds for all the destinations.
- Simple and Advanced internet speed test modes
- Internet Download Speed Test from USA, EU and Asia combined or separately
- Speed Graph (Advanced)
- Speed Gauge / Meter (Simple)
- Easy unit configuration (kbyte/s kbit/s mbit/s)
- Limit Maximum Download size for each test
- Limit Speed test time
- All your results are logged
- Speed Result rates your WiFi or Mobile Data download speed (Low, Normal, Superb)
- Share Internet Speed Test results
- Speed Test gives you an indication of speed towards 3 destinations, which is not representative for your actual connection speed.
This application does give you a tool to check your speeds, and from experience, judge your active connection.
- More Configuration options
- Upload Speed
Use Speedtest to monitor your cellular (3G/4G/LTE) or WiFi connection rate and response for your device. With a real-time graphical display, results are updated continuously during the testing procedure. A quick trace route is performed to determine the number of gateways to the test server. This simple, easy-to-use app provides consistent, accurate internet speed testing from any location. A simple test app to determine your true mobile speed.
– Simple, one button tap performs (or cancels) the internet speed tests.
– Testing features download rate, upload rate and latency (response) time.
- Includes the number of hops/gateways between the mobile client and the server (Trace Route).
– Simple, easy-to-read tracking and reporting.
- History of the previous tests is available for comparison.
- Works on either Cellular data from any carrier or when connected via WiFi.
- Conveniently share results with others via email.
- Testing servers located around the world for accurate results.
– Unlimited on-the-go testing - mobile speed testing.
– It’s FREE!
Important note: Speedtest uses ICMP to run ping and trace route. There are some devices and builds of Android where this has been intentionally blocked. Unfortunately, there is nothing we as developers can do to avoid this happening. If your device is affected, Speedtest will not run ping or trace route. It will simply skip and leave the fields blank for results. Hopefully, in the future, there will be a work around.
If you experience any unexpected behavior (crashes, hangs, etc), please feel free to email us from the app. We are always looking to improve your experience.
Additional features of Speed Test Light application:
• history of results with detailed information about the tests,
• IP address display,
• ability to filter and sort your results according to various criteria,
• two standard units (Mbps and kbps),
• the ability to manually adjust the number of threads and the duration of the download/upload/ping test,
• system clipboard and social networks handling (easy to publish the results on Facebook, Twitter or Google+),
• low demand on system resources.