The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR) Series is prepared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Often called “the voice of CDC,” the MMWR Series is the agency’s primary vehicle for scientific publication of timely, reliable, authoritative, accurate, objective, and useful public health information and recommendations.
Summaries are searchable by specific MMWR report or by specific subject (e.g., salmonella).
This application is a result of collaboration between the Informatics Innovation Unite and MMWR within the Division of Public Health Information Dissemination, Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Sciences.
- Allows user to search for summaries by either specific MMWR report or by specific subject (e.g., salmonella).
- Rapidly loads new unread articles when user swipes down on the main list of articles.
- Automatically marks each unread article with a blue dot, which disappears once the summary blue box has been viewed.
- Enables the sharing of articles via email, text message, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Provides easy access to full articles on the main MWWR site, if the user wants more information.
THE MATERIAL EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSE OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.