This app is one of an expanding collection of applications from CDC on a variety of specific topics, each optimized for your mobile device. When your device is connected, content is automatically updated so you have the most up-to-date information.
This tool provides:
• Child and adolescent schedules, with immunization recommendations from birth through age 18
• Adult schedule, listing recommended vaccines for adults by age group and by medical conditions
• Contraindications and precautions table, with footnotes applying to schedules
• Color coding coordinates with printed schedules
• Hyperlinked vaccine name opens pop-up with dose specifics
• Catch-up schedule for children 4 months through 18 years shows minimum dosing interval
• Related vaccine resources and websites
The app is the result of collaboration between CDC's Division of STD Prevention and the Public Health Surveillance and Informatics Program Office's Informatics Research & Development Activity. The information in this mobile application is based on the CDC’s 2010 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines (MMWR 2010;59(No. RR-12) and the 2012 MMWR Update to CDC's Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2010: Oral Cephalosporins No Longer a Recommended Treatment for Gonococcal Infections (MMWR 2012; 61 (31): 590-594).
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSE OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• During-travel features available offline (no data connection needed)
• Fully customizable to do list and packing list
• Emergency services phone numbers for every destination
• Easy to use and fun
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
- View updated information on national flu activity
- Find influenza vaccination recommendations endorsed by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Obtain information on diagnosis and treatment of influenza, including antiviral treatment recommendations by CDC and the ACIP
- Obtain information on laboratory testing for influenza
- Find CDC recommendations on influenza infection control
- View videos of CDC subject matter experts discussing influenza topics
- Order official CDC designed print products for posting in the workplace or distributing to patients.
The CDC mobile tablet application puts health information at your fingertips. It features important health articles, Disease of the Week, current outbreaks, popular journals, timely updates, and access to social media. Wherever you go, you’ll have 24/7 access to important and timely health information that you can use to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
Check out these features:
• Timely news articles to help you improve your health.
• Each week there is a new “Disease of the Week” topic that includes: key facts, prevention tips, images, videos, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge.
• Recent articles from CDC’s Vital Signs.
• Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC.
• Journal articles from CDC’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal and Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal.
• Reports from CDC’s weekly Morbidity and Mortality Report.
• Press releases from CDC’s newsroom.
• Access to CDC’s director videos, podcasts, blogs, social media and more CDC apps.
• A multitude of images from CDC’s Public Health Image library.
• “Did You Know” features to inform your prevention activities.
• New Information & Guidance Section which currently features Ebola.
• When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information.
• View and share content via CDC’s social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
With this application, you can:
1. Obtain customized, evidence-based recommendations to prevent neonatal GBS disease based on a maternal and neonatal clinical information.
2. Obtain optimal antibiotic recommendations for GBS prevention.
Optimized for tablet.
For more information, please visit:
Epi Info™ is a public domain suite of software tools designed for the global community of public health practitioners and researchers. The Companion for Android brings many of Epi Info's features onto the Android mobile platform. Epidemiologists can calculate sample sizes, collect data, and perform analysis using their smartphones or inexpensive tablets to investigate outbreaks, respond to emergencies, or conduct public health research in locations lacking IT infrastructure.
Limitation of Liability.
The materials embodied in the Epi Info™ Mobile Application are "as-is" and without warranty of any kind, express, implied or otherwise, including without limitation, any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the United States (U.S.) Government be liable to the user or to anyone else for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of use, savings or revenue, loss of data or the claims of third parties, whether or not CDC or the U.S. Government has been advised of the possibility of such loss, however caused and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the possession, use or performance of this software.
This application serves as a ready and useful reference that highlights the main points of key guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of latent TB infection, and includes resources and sample tools.
When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
* Alcohol consumption data by state
* Easy-to-read information on diagnosis and treatments for children with FASDs
* Individualized pages for different users – women, families, health care providers, educators, and partners
* Training and education resources
* Access to free materials on alcohol use and pregnancy and FASDs
* Information on what CDC is doing in this area
Do you quarantine the village? Interview people who are sick? Run more lab tests? The better your answers, the higher your score - and the quicker you’ll climb the ranks to become a decorated Disease Detective. In level 1, you’ll start out as a Trainee and can earn badges by solving scenarios, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective.
Unlock Level 2 by mastering all 12 outbreaks. Then earn honors by solving new and more challenging scenarios. Earn recognitions like Surveillance Honors and Treatment Honors.
New outbreaks happen every day, and CDC's Disease Detectives are on the front lines, working 24/7 to save lives and protect people. When a new outbreak happens, Disease Detectives are sent in to figure out how the outbreak started before it spreads further.
In this app, you'll also:
・ Learn about diseases and outbreaks in an engaging way.
・ See how CDC's Disease Detectives save lives around the world.
・ Post your scores on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your friends to play!
-Only available on 7" tablets or larger
-Requires Android OS version 4.0 or higher
Now you can have topical CDC content wherever you go. When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Whether you are a researcher, health practitioner, student, or policy maker, PCD provides an open exchange on the very latest in chronic disease prevention, research findings, public health interventions, and the exploration of new theories and concepts.
PERSONALIZE YOUR PCD APP FOR QUICK, EASY ACCESS
- Read the most recent articles published
- Browse more easily using topic keywords such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and more
- Share articles with colleagues on Facebook and Twitter
- Search and browse saved articles
- Highlight important content
- Add your own notes to articles
- Bookmark articles for future reference
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUTH LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.