Antibiotics & Infections is an app designed to meet the needs of medical students and health-care providers regarding anti-bacterial agents and their use in bacterial infections. The app is intended as an educational and reference tool, and has two parts: Drugs and Diseases.
The drugs discussed are common anti-bacterial agents and comprehensive information is provided about their :
• Available forms
• Anti-bacterial spectra
• & Adverse effects .
The diseases given are common bacterial infections of various human systems and information is provided about:
• The first line antibiotics that should be used
• Alternatives available
• and their Dosages and Durations.
The information has been taken from standard and up-to-date resources including Harrison's principles of Medicine, Davidson's principle and practice of Medicine, Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, NICE Guidelines , and Public health England among others.
Feel free to comment and report any errors and omissions.
The Medscape app is the highest rated, fastest growing free mobile app for healthcare professionals with over 4 million registered users.
The Medscape app for Android™ is available for free.
All features are available for free. (Log in required only for the first time using the app. New users can register for a free account.)
Most popular features available in our app:
- Medical News:
Read the latest news available across 30+ specialties, covering FDA announcements, thought leader perspectives, conference news, important journal articles, plus physician business news and tips.
- Drug Information and Tools:
Look up adult and pediatric drug dosing information in seconds, check drug interactions, access medical calculators, and get health plan formulary information to support you with patient care.
- Disease & Condition Information:
Prep for patients by reviewing clinical presentation, workup, and treatment information for 4,400+ diseases and conditions. Authored and reviewed by expert physicians.
- Medical Calculators
Access 129 medical calculators covering formulas, scales, and classifications directly through the calculator feature. Plus, 600+ drugs in our drug reference have integrated dosing calculators.
- Drug Formulary Information
Find out whether a drug is covered under a particular health plan and easily compare tier status for drugs in the same class to consider an alternative for your patient. Choose from our complete list of 1,800 plans across all 50 states.
- Continuing Medical Education Courses:
Complete accredited CME/CE courses for professional development and to fulfill licensure requirements. Courses available in 1,000+ topics across 30+ specialties.
- Offline Access:
Drug, condition, and procedure reference, plus drug interaction checker can be accessed without an internet connection when you select the option to download our clinical reference database.
For more information, visit medscape.com/mobileapp
Please remember, we aren’t able to respond to you based on comments. If you have any suggestions to improve our app or are having issues using our app, please contact us through our online help center at help.medscape.com.
Supported Device and OS Information:
Supported Devices: Google Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Razr, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Incredible
Supported OS: 2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4
NOTE: Users with 'rooted' devices and ad-blocker software installed may experience connectivity errors while using Medscape.
Please disable ad-blocker software before attempting to download Medscape's offline Clinical Reference.
This is the app for Radiology Tutor - www.radiologytutor.com.
Included are calculators such as adrenal washout calculators, RECIST 1.1, lung cancer TNM staging, pancreatic, renal, colon and rectal cancer TNM staging.
Derived from the best-selling internal medicine reference in the world, Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, this popular reference delivers fast, to-the-point guidance on the clinical problems seen in everyday practice.
Harrison’s Manual of Medicine focuses on diagnosis and therapy with an emphasis on patient care. It offers high-yield coverage of etiology, signs and symptoms, physical examination, laboratory findings, and practice guidelines. The updated 18th Edition has been closely reviewed and contains substantial updates and revisions to existing chapters along with the addition of appropriate new chapters.
Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web features:
•New 18th edition with 200+ new and revised chapters
•Full-color graphics, tables, and charts
•Detailed diagnostic guidelines
•Up-to-date treatment recommendations
•Improved index for easier navigation on your device
•Universal Index Search to find topics quickly across all indexes
•‘Favorites’ for bookmarking important entries
•Optimized iPhone 5 and iPad interfaces
Editors: Dan L. Longo, MD; Anthony S. Fauci, MD; Dennis L. Kasper, MD; Stephen L. Hauser, MD; J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD; Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD
Publisher: McGraw Hill
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
How It Works:
Current Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web subscribers:
•Install the application to your device.
•Open the application and enter your Harrison’s Manual of Medicine for Mobile + Web username and password, then tap “Login.”
•The latest Harrison’s Manual of Medicine content will be downloaded to your devices over your wireless connection.
If you are a new user and interested in learning more about Harrison’s Manual of Medicine, please visit the Unbound Medicine website.
Keyword search with options
Save search query
link to full article if available
Post a comment for an article to public
Write a note to yourself
View public comments for an article
search by PubMed ID, just enter the id in the search box
Pro version has more feature. Please give a try
Medical Formulas is intuitive, easy to use and thoroughly tested. Oriented utility for physicians, doctors, residents, medical students and other health professionals.
Medical Formulas includes numerous criteria, functions and scores of different specialties: Internal Medicine, Nutrition, Metabolism, Endocrinology, Medication, Gynecology, Obstetrics, Cardiology, Pulmonology, Nephrology, Infectology, Neurology, Psychiatry, Therapy, Intensive Care, Emergency, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Oncology, Hepatology, Orthopedics, Pediatrics, Surgery, Toxicology, Trauma.
Among the most used functions it highlights:
- Ideal Body Weight
- Body Mass Index BMI
- Body Surface Area
- Winter’s Formula for Metabolic Acidosis Compensation
- LDL Calculator
- Anion GAP
- Maintenance Fluids Calculator
- Parkland Formula for Burns
- Pregnancy Due Dates Calculator
- APGAR Score
- Emergency Heart Failure Mortality Risk Grade
- Corrected QT Interval
- Geneva Score for Pulmonary Embolism
- Mean Arterial Pressure
- Framingham Coronary Heart Disease Risk Score
- Well’s Criteria for Pulmonary Embolism
- PSI Port Score: Pulmonary Severity Index
- Oxygenation Index
- Light’s Criteria for Exudative Effusion
- Creatinine Clearence
- MDRD GFR Equation
- Duke Criteria for Infective Endocarditis
- SIRS Sepsis and Septic Shock Criteria
- CURB 65 Severity Score
- CAGE Questions for Alcohol Use
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (ICH) Score
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- APACHE II
- Shock Index
- Ramson’s Criteria for Pancreatitis Mortality
- Arterial Blood Gas (ABG) Analyzer
- ABC Score for Massive Transfusion
- PERC Rule for Pulmonary Embolism
- King’s College Criteria for Acetaminophen Toxicity
- Child-Pugh Score for Cirrhosis Mortality
- Absolute Reticulocyte Count and Reticulocyte Index
- Glasgow Alcoholic Hepatitis Score
- Calcium Correction for Hypoalbuminemia
- Pittsburgh Knee Rules
- Wells’ Criteria for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Pediatric Ins and Outs (per kg and per hour)
- Pediatric Endotracheal Tube (ETT) Size
- Injury Severity Score (ISS)
- Alvarado Score for Acute Appendicitis
- Hunt and Hess Classification of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Phenytoin Correction for Albumin Renal Failure
- Serum Osmolality/Osmolarity
- Opioid Risk Tool (ORT) for Narcotic Abuse
- Acetaminophen Overdose and NAC Dosing
- ATRIA Bleeding Risk Score
- TASH Score (Trauma Associated Severe Hemorrhage)
- Revised Trauma Score
- Absolute Neutrophil Count (ANC)
- HIV Needle Stick Risk Assessment Stratification Protocol (RASP)
Healthcare professionals worldwide use Epocrates routinely to:
-NEW: Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
-Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
-Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
-Select national and regional healthcare insurance formularies for drug coverage information
-Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
-Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
-Access timely medical news and research information
Disease information, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools and content are available by upgrading to an Epocrates Essentials subscription.
Members with an Epocrates Essentials subscription will have access to premium content across all Epocrates supported platforms.
The FREE MIMS app for your Mobile & Tablet devices delivers critical prescribing information, medical news and CME articles as well as clinical calculators essential to physicians’ daily practice needs.
With MIMS available across multiple platforms and devices, you can now easily and conveniently find the most up-to-date and relevant clinical practice information you need anytime, anywhere.
Download the FREE MIMS app and create your FREE account today!
Key Features & Benefits:
Drug Information - Physicians can improve patient outcomes through safe and effective use of medication at every point of care. MIMS provides physician with both concise and comprehensive drug prescribing information, in a quick-access mobile format.
Medical Calculators - MIMS is also equipped with important clinical calculators and scoring tools useful for healthcare professionals in their clinical practice. Incorporating fast data input as well as instantaneous and clear clinical recommendations.
News & CME - Keep abreast with medical news and updates in Asia through our renowned publications (Medical Tribune, JPOG, Oncology Tribune and many more) anytime and anywhere.
MIMS Videos Series - Featuring video interviews of leading medical experts from various specialties, focusing on treatment options, disease management, latest updates and many more!
This application as a learning tool is always open for improvement. Any suggestions are appreciated.
GCS was initially used to assess level of consciousness after head injury, and the scale is now used by first aid, EMS, and doctors as being applicable to all acute medical and trauma patients. In hospitals it is also used in monitoring chronic patients in intensive care.
The scale was published in 1974 by Graham Teasdale and Bryan J. Jennett, professors of neurosurgery at the University of Glasgow's Institute of Neurological Sciences at the city's Southern General Hospital.
GCS is used as part of several ICU scoring systems, including APACHE II, SAPS II, and SOFA, to assess the status of the central nervous system. A similar scale, the Rancho Los Amigos Scale is used to assess the recovery of traumatic brain injury patients.
Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
SCCM is the largest multiprofessional organization dedicated to ensuring excellence and consistency in the practice of critical care.
ACP is a national organization of internists —physician specialists who apply scientific knowledge and clinical expertise to the diagnosis, treatment, and compassionate care of adults across the spectrum from health to complex illness. ACP is the largest medical-specialty organization and second-largest physician group in the United States. Its membership of 133,000 includes internists, internal medicine subspecialists, medical students, residents, and fellows. The mission of the ACP is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of health care by fostering excellence and professionalism in the practice of medicine.
This app is one of an expanding collection of applications from CDC on a variety of specific topics, each optimized for your mobile device. When your device is connected, content is automatically updated so you have the most up-to-date information.
This tool provides:
• Child and adolescent schedules, with immunization recommendations from birth through age 18
• Adult schedule, listing recommended vaccines for adults by age group and by medical conditions
• Contraindications and precautions table, with footnotes applying to schedules
• Color coding coordinates with printed schedules
• Hyperlinked vaccine name opens pop-up with dose specifics
• Catch-up schedule for children 4 months through 18 years shows minimum dosing interval
• Related vaccine resources and websites
Do you quarantine the village? Interview people who are sick? Run more lab tests? The better your answers, the higher your score - and the quicker you’ll climb the ranks to become a decorated Disease Detective. In level 1, you’ll start out as a Trainee and can earn badges by solving scenarios, with the goal of earning the top rank: Disease Detective.
Unlock Level 2 by mastering all 12 outbreaks. Then earn honors by solving new and more challenging scenarios. Earn recognitions like Surveillance Honors and Treatment Honors.
New outbreaks happen every day, and CDC's Disease Detectives are on the front lines, working 24/7 to save lives and protect people. When a new outbreak happens, Disease Detectives are sent in to figure out how the outbreak started before it spreads further.
In this app, you'll also:
・ Learn about diseases and outbreaks in an engaging way.
・ See how CDC's Disease Detectives save lives around the world.
・ Post your scores on Facebook or Twitter and challenge your friends to play!
-Only available on 7" tablets or larger
-Requires Android OS version 4.0 or higher
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• During-travel features available offline (no data connection needed)
• Fully customizable to do list and packing list
• Emergency services phone numbers for every destination
• Easy to use and fun
The CDC mobile tablet application puts health information at your fingertips. It features important health articles, Disease of the Week, current outbreaks, popular journals, timely updates, and access to social media. Wherever you go, you’ll have 24/7 access to important and timely health information that you can use to protect yourself and your loved ones.
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
Check out these features:
• Timely news articles to help you improve your health.
• Each week there is a new “Disease of the Week” topic that includes: key facts, prevention tips, images, videos, and interactive quizzes to test your knowledge.
• Recent articles from CDC’s Vital Signs.
• Infectious disease outbreaks currently being reported on by CDC.
• Journal articles from CDC’s Preventing Chronic Disease Journal and Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal.
• Reports from CDC’s weekly Morbidity and Mortality Report.
• Press releases from CDC’s newsroom.
• Access to CDC’s director videos, podcasts, blogs, social media and more CDC apps.
• A multitude of images from CDC’s Public Health Image library.
• “Did You Know” features to inform your prevention activities.
• New Information & Guidance Section which currently features Ebola.
• When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information.
• View and share content via CDC’s social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest.
Epi Info™ is a public domain suite of software tools designed for the global community of public health practitioners and researchers. The Companion for Android brings many of Epi Info's features onto the Android mobile platform. Epidemiologists can calculate sample sizes, collect data, and perform analysis using their smartphones or inexpensive tablets to investigate outbreaks, respond to emergencies, or conduct public health research in locations lacking IT infrastructure.
Limitation of Liability.
The materials embodied in the Epi Info™ Mobile Application are "as-is" and without warranty of any kind, express, implied or otherwise, including without limitation, any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the United States (U.S.) Government be liable to the user or to anyone else for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, or any damages whatsoever, including without limitation, loss of profit, loss of use, savings or revenue, loss of data or the claims of third parties, whether or not CDC or the U.S. Government has been advised of the possibility of such loss, however caused and on any theory of liability, arising out of or in connection with the possession, use or performance of this software.
With this application, you can:
1. Obtain customized, evidence-based recommendations to prevent neonatal GBS disease based on a maternal and neonatal clinical information.
2. Obtain optimal antibiotic recommendations for GBS prevention.
Optimized for tablet.
For more information, please visit:
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
* Alcohol consumption data by state
* Easy-to-read information on diagnosis and treatments for children with FASDs
* Individualized pages for different users – women, families, health care providers, educators, and partners
* Training and education resources
* Access to free materials on alcohol use and pregnancy and FASDs
* Information on what CDC is doing in this area
• Authoritative recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Access recommendations offline (no data connection needed)
• Easy to use and fun
CHECK OUT THESE FEATURES:
- View updated information on national flu activity
- Find influenza vaccination recommendations endorsed by CDC and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)
- Obtain information on diagnosis and treatment of influenza, including antiviral treatment recommendations by CDC and the ACIP
- Obtain information on laboratory testing for influenza
- Find CDC recommendations on influenza infection control
- View videos of CDC subject matter experts discussing influenza topics
- Order official CDC designed print products for posting in the workplace or distributing to patients.
This application serves as a ready and useful reference that highlights the main points of key guidelines for diagnosis and treatment of latent TB infection, and includes resources and sample tools.
When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Now you can have topical CDC content wherever you go. When your device is connected, the content is updated automatically so you always have the most up-to-date information. You can personalize your experience with features like highlighting, annotations, and bookmarks to suit your own needs. Share the content with others through social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Whether you are a researcher, health practitioner, student, or policy maker, PCD provides an open exchange on the very latest in chronic disease prevention, research findings, public health interventions, and the exploration of new theories and concepts.
PERSONALIZE YOUR PCD APP FOR QUICK, EASY ACCESS
- Read the most recent articles published
- Browse more easily using topic keywords such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and more
- Share articles with colleagues on Facebook and Twitter
- Search and browse saved articles
- Highlight important content
- Add your own notes to articles
- Bookmark articles for future reference
Compatible with tablets 7” and up.
THE MATERIALS EMBODIED IN THIS SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC) OR THE UNITED STATES (U.S.) GOVERNMENT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUTH LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF USE, SAVINGS OR REVENUE, OR THE CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, WHETHER OR NOT CDC OR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS, HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE POSSESSION, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.