The app provides evidence-based questions to screen for alcohol, drugs and tobacco use. If warranted, a screening tool is provided to further evaluate the specific substance use. The app also provides steps to complete a brief intervention and/or referral to treatment for the patient based on motivational interviewing.
Integrated within the app are three screening instruments for substance use: the CRAFFT assesses substance use in adolescents, the Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test (AUDIT) assesses alcohol use in adults, and the Drug Abuse Screening Test (DAST) assesses drug use in the adults.
The app was developed as a part of a SAMHSA-funded grant project at Baylor College of Medicine (BCM).
The ACE Quiz was developed in response to the Adverse Childhood Experiences Study, an ongoing collaboration between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta, Georgia, and Kaiser Permanente in San Diego, California. The ACE Study revealed staggering proof of the health, social, and economic risks that result from childhood trauma.
Taking the ACE Quiz provides you with an ACE Score from 0 to 10: the higher the score, the higher the risk for health problems and health-risk behaviors. However, many people have proven remarkably capable of changing this trajectory in their lives. So remember, an ACE score should be viewed as more of a way to educate and promote awareness than a diagnosis. History does not have to be destiny.
After taking the ACE Quiz, you can learn more about the ACE Study and its findings, and check out the additional resources on adverse childhood experiences and their impact, and on practices that nurture resilience and recovery. A link to the SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Mental Health Treatment Facility Locator can help you find a professional trained to address the effects of trauma.
HOW TO USE:
Answer the 10 questions with either a ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ response. Each ‘Yes’ response equals one point. Totaling your points gives you your ACE score.
This mobile application (app) does not store any quiz results on your mobile device or in any remote location. The app will not allow reporting to or access by any third parties to the quiz results.
Quick reference guide to Somatoform Disorders, Adjustment Disorders, Dissociative Disorders, Phobias, Anxiety Disorders, Mood Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, Personalty Disorders, Habit and Impulse Disorders including:
Bipolar Disorder, Muscle Dysmorphia, Schizophrenia, Münchausen Syndrome, Conversion Disorder, Somatisation Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Hypochondria, Pain Disorder, Depersonalisation Disorder, Ganser Syndrome, Psychogenic Amnesia, Paraphrenia, Dissociative Fugue, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Separation Anxiety Disorder, Acrophobia, Social Anxiety Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, Pyromania, Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, Trichotillomania, Heliophobia, Major Depressive Disorder, Atypical Depression, Histrionic Personality Disorder, Onychophagia, Psychotic Major Depression , Seasonal Affective Disorder, Delusional Disorder and many many more…
Flick through, learn about the conditions, how they effect patients. Includes summary and links to further information from wikipedia and other online resources.
Disclaimer: This guide is no replacement for advice from a suitably qualified professional. The information contained is for educational purposes only. If you are concerned about your own mental health, or that of someone else, you should seek professional help at the earliest opportunity.
Icon Credit: it290 at flickr
NCLEX-PN Notes addresses all four major content areas of the NCLEX Test Plan, including care of adults, mothers and newborns, children, and psychiatric/mental health nursing. You’ll also find coverage of the elderly, pharmacology, and the administration of medication.
// Key Features
• Excellent, pocket-size reference for use in the clinical setting as well as for NCLEX prep
• Coverage of key nursing content
• "Tips" that explain the format and content of the NCLEX and the new, 2008 Test Plan
• Strategies to manage test-taking anxiety
• Alternate format questions for all key content areas, including pharmacology
• Key nursing considerations listed for major drug classes and administration of medications
// Unique Features
• Full color images: This product includes images that help bring the content to life.
• Update Policy: Edition-based. New editions are released when the content changes significantly; there is no standard schedule for new editions.
Built-in Medical Calculators: Provide instant access from within clinical topics to the
• APGAR Score
• Basic Formula
• CAGE Alcoholism Questionnaire
• Pulmonary Embolism Probability
• Glasgow Coma Scale for Adults
• IV pumps
• Manual IV Sets
• Negele's Rule
// Designed for Omnio
This app will install your new resource into the Omnio environment, which requires a separate download. Learn more by searching for “Omnio” in Google Play.
Next time you are in the hospital or clinic, open up the app, find the note you need, and copy or share the note. You can also store and share your own note templates.
- Templates for: full history and physicals, admit/transfer orders, on-service notes, SOAP notes, discharge notes, pre-operative notes, operative notes, post-operative notes, procedure notes, delivery notes, and post-partum notes
- Ability to copy and share note templates on your phone via e-mail
- Store and share your own note templates
If you would like to see more features added, please e-mail or call us. We will try to add your recommendations to our next release!
Check out our other application, titled “Medical Doctor: Reference Tool” for a more comprehensive medical reference tool, including Notes and Orders and much more.
Keywords: soap, inpatient, outpatient, record, admission, form, pocket, guide, maxwell, medical, student, doctor, intern
Now you can Compare Rates and Plans from your mobile device.
Obama care facts and enrollment information. ObamaCare App explains the Affordable Health Care Act in depth. Educates consumers on the process of how to buy Health Insurance on the Exchange. Discusses subsidy information and helps consumers determine eligibility for health insurance plans and help you explore your options. You may also request help from a licensed agent.
Obamacare Facts on Subjects like:
Penalty for not having Health Insurance
Health Insurance Rates
Health Insurance Quotes
Information on HealthCare.gov
How to sign up for ObamaCare
Where to Sign up for Obamacare
Individual and Family Coverage
Small Group Coverage Options
ObamaCare Insurance Agent Directory
Need Help Dial 8-obamacare
This information available is for informational purposes only and was derived from researching the Affordable Health Care Act and is subject to change without notice. Not affiliated in any way with the federal government.
Our products are specifically designed to provide not just the basic health cover, but also a wide range of benefits offering peace of mind for individuals and families, as well as corporate solutions.
HealthCare International has developed an Emergency Healthcare App for members. The App has been designed to help members with emergency assistance whilst abroad.
“The App ensures your insurance card is with you at all times, providing peace of mind in any emergency situation”
•Click-to-Call Emergency Number, available in an instant with one simple click;
•Medical & Policy details for the member and their dependants stored securely on the device;
•Secure Login functionality, which keeps the member logged in until logout;
•Personal details are editable - once approved the changes will be visible to the member;
•Recent claims history for the member and their dependants can be viewed;
•Details of the member’s cover is accessible;
Copyright info (for example, "2012 YourCompanyName"):
www.healthcareinternational.com © 2014 HealthCare International Global Network Ltd. All rights reserved
The Electronic Preventive Services Selector (ePSS) is an application designed and developed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the Nation's lead Federal agency for research on health care quality, costs, outcomes and patient safety.
The ePSS application was developed to assist primary care clinicians identify the screening, counseling, and preventive medication services that are appropriate for their patients. The ePSS information is based on the current recommendations of the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and can be searched by specific patient characteristics, such as age, sex, and selected behavioral risk factors. The ePSS is available as a web application and mobile applications.
Web Application: http://epss.ahrq.gov
• Compatible with major browsers: Internet Explorer 6+; Firefox 2+; Safari 3+, Opera 9+
• Latest recommendations information updated by the USPSTF
• User friendly interface
• Print friendly format available
• Compatible version available for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and all other major mobile platforms*
• Full functionality of the ePSS Web application
• Full mobility without the need for wireless or internet connectivity **
• Optional subscription for email notifications of available updates
• Mac OS X user support for ePSS Palm and ePSS Windows Mobile download and installation
• Automated ePSS data updates
* View the supported device list to check for compatibility with your specific device
** Application downloads and data updates require internet connectivity
• Search and browse the USPSTF recommendations
• View Tools for Primary Care Clinicians
• User friendly interface customized for Android
• Search for recommendations by keyword text. Keywords are highlighted in the search results.
• Bookmark any recommendations or topics for later viewing.
• Save Search feature provides quick access to the routinely viewed recommendations.
• Automatic update of ePSS recommendations data on application launch. (wireless or WiFi internet connection required)
• Email recommendations or saved search results.
• ePSS Recommendations Rx: email patient specific customized recommendations.
- Though it is designed for preparing for the clinical part of the royal college of psychiatrists examination of membership, yet it would help all psychiatric trainees, medical students , internists , Psychiatric Nurses.
- Stations are categorized into 6 major categories , that is :
1) Physical Examination
2) Cognitive Assessment
3) Risk Assessment
4) History Taking
5) Mental Status examinations
6) Communication and Information giving
- In addition to a sorted list of all stations and topics to look in
- This is still in early development, any suggestions are welcomed.
- If you have other stations that you would like to add to the app , please send them directly to my email, and i will add it as soon as possible.
- As this is a totally free software , it is Ad-supported, i.e you can support by clicking on the ads.
- Donations are highly appreciated.
NTW Mobile Information is an informative app giving a detailed look into Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust.
The Service Directory allows users to view detailed information that NTW has to offer with downloadable service brochures and informative videos.
Our Help and Advice section includes our award winning Self Help guides that are available to read on the go, as well as full audio versions that can be streamed over a network connection. Users can also use the search to find leaflets on various health related conditions as well as view informative videos of the Mental Health Act complete with sign language.
Other features include a news feed direct from our website informing users of the latest NTW news, a feedback function allowing users to tell NTW if they would recommend our services and finally direct access to the Foundation Trust Membership sign up form.
We hope you will find this app very informative and useful. If you like it please do share it with your friends and family. Application does not overload you with complicated medical terminology, the language is clear and does not require any proficiency.
❤❤❤❤❤ Content & Features ❤❤❤❤❤
• how to prevent yourself from mental illness
• definition , description of disease and symptoms sign
• what are the causes of mental illness and risk factors
• preparing for your appointment
• tests and diagnosis
• treatments and prevention
• lifestyle and home remedies
• internal medical disorders
• congenital and inherited disorders
• infectious diseases and organisms
• drugs and medication for mental illness
• easy to read and download & beautiful full screen slideshows
• table of Contents can be used for easy access.
• search option is available for quick search of the topic.
• friendly and easy to use.
• simple uses and indications.
• easy to study, no need to install or keep updating local databases
• important from examination point of view.
• add to favorite option is added.
• always new content will come in regular updates
• internet connection is not required in order to use this app
• 100% Free!!! anyway, this is a great worth app for your heath
What to handle your heath from now on? Download this App now and learn from it for you loved. Help to keep away from mental illness in your family! Just download it and learn from it! Enjoy! ^_^
❤❤❤❤❤ ATTENTION ❤❤❤❤❤
This app contains mental illness diseases information for knowledge if you need to apply then please contact to nearby doctor. Useful information but is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or the emergency services. Before acting on any of the information in this application, consult with your doctor to make sure that it is right for you.
Information of the diseases, contained in this application, are not intended for medical treatment without a doctor and can be used for information purposes only. This app cannot and should not replace a pharmacist or a doctor consultation. App content is only for pocket reference & educational purposes. Consult a doctor before actual usage of any of the information in this app.
❤❤❤❤❤ App Developer Note ❤❤❤❤❤
Please Rate it 5 Star for our application and feel free to email us about any comments or suggestions for future improvement. In case you face any problems do send us an email with information about your phone model, and the exact problem, and we'll try to fix it immediately.
The application was developed under the supervision of Prof. Ranjit Roy Chaudhury, Adviser, Department of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi (also currently working as Chairman, Task Force for Research, Apollo Hospitals Educational and Research Foundation, http://www.aherf.org/).
Efforts on the technology side were provided by Atul Goyal (4th year Undergraduate Student) and Dr. Amarjeet Singh (Asst. Professor) at Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing Group at IIIT Delhi (http://www.iiitd.edu.in/muc/).
This application is primarily targeted towards medicines used for disasters in India. The application identifies the drugs to be used during specific disasters. For each of the drugs in the application, their therapeutic use, dosage, possible side effects and interactions between drugs are some of the features that are brought out.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders is a required companion for students and clinicians who need to diagnose mental, psychological, and psychiatric disorders. This manual creates a diagnostic standard for clinicians involved in the diagnosis and statistical management of mental disorders and includes accepted criteria for objective assessment of psychiatric symptoms.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition is the most current resource for clinical practice available to mental health professionals.
Diagnosis of Mental Disorders is the definitive reference for the diagnosis and statistical management of mental disorders.
IASIS Healthcare owns and operates acute care and behavioral health hospitals throughout seven states – Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, Nevada, Texas and Utah. We also own and operate Health Choice, a Medicaid and Medicare managed health plan in Arizona.
More than 13,500 people are dedicated to providing patient care through the IASIS family of community-focused hospitals.
IASIS Healthcare is dedicated to providing high-quality, cost-effective healthcare. Together, the people of IASIS Healthcare share a common vision of quality care, customer service, an appropriate mix of services, cost control, and capital investments designed to meet the healthcare needs of the communities served by IASIS hospitals.
• Learn the five steps of the SAFE-T approach in working with patients and easily download resources for use offline.
• Study interactive sample case studies to see the SAFE-T approach in action.
• Browse conversation starters that provide sample language and tips for talking with patients about their suicidal ideation.
• Explore clinical and educational resources and share crisis line phone numbers and other patient-focused materials.
• Use SAMHSA’s Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator to provide timely referrals for patients. The Locator can be filtered by type and distance.
Email SAMHSA at SAMHSAInfo@samhsa.hhs.gov with any questions or comments.
Note: This app is a free resource provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and was funded by Federal resources.
• Tips: Get tips about bullying for specific age groups: 3‒6, 7‒13, and teens.
• Warning Signs: Recognize the warning signs: Is your child bullying, being bullied, or witnessing bullying?
• Information: Access trustworthy online resources screened for effectiveness by experts.
• Conversation Starters: Choose easy-to-use conversation starters to talk with your child.
• Reminders: Set reminders to talk with your child when the time feels right: a quiet moment on the way to a game, after dinner, relaxing outside. Whenever and an opportunity seems open, easy, and unforced.
• Social Media: Share conversation starters, successful strategies, and useful advice via Facebook, Twitter, email, and text messages.
• Resources for Educators: Access a section created for educators and teachers that includes how to prevent bullying in the classroom and support children who are being bullied.
Email SAMHSA at SAMHSAInfo@samhsa.hhs.gov with any questions or comments.
Note: This app is a free resource provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, in conjunction with the StopBullying.gov Federal partnership.
* Practice bringing up the topic of alcohol
* Learn the questions to ask
* Get ideas for keeping the conversation going
You decide what to say, see it play out, and adjust your approach with help from your coaches.