- Over 14,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Live streaming video from the High Definition Earth Viewing (HDEV) experiment on the ISS
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- Current visible passes for other missions (Fermi, Hinode, Hubble...)
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- Schedule for NASA TV and NASA-Related Programming on Other TV Channels
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Earth as Art image collection and interactive map
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
- 5 star rating system for images and videos with top rated list
– Live streaming data from the ISS onboard systems and mission timelines
– Crew and Science timelines with individual crewmember, social media, and international science experiment details
– Console displays with live streaming systems data and educational material to describe how the ISS works
– Virtual Mission Control Center is a 3D replica of the MCC in Houston, TX organized to describe how the mission control team supporting the ISS work
– Links to the five International Partner Space Agencies mission information
– Educational lessons that interact with the live streaming system data accessible through the website link
ISSLive!: ISS Mission Control in Your Pocket
International Space Station Live! or ISSLive! includes a website and mobile applications that tie ISS streaming systems data and operational timelines into one “Rich Internet Application (RIA)” experience. The application offers data on real time parameters such as station position, internal environment, altitude, payload rack science activities and other interesting data and crew activities. ISSLive! ties this data into an interactive application which includes the latest social media feeds.
ISSLive! contains a scrollable timeline, with a ‘public-friendly’ view of crew and payload activities. It uses some of the latest interactive web content technologies, including 3D interactive virtual views of the MCC and ISS. ISSLive! is a “one-stop shop” for ISS data, letting users in on the fascinating activities that happen daily onboard the ISS.
Working with the NASA Education Office, ISSLive! content serves as the basis for development of interactive lessons in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. ISSLive! is also a resource for the space enthusiast, the educator, and the life-long learner to participate in the mission of the ISS.
Now you can receive directly from space (NASA) to your device screen, a beautiful, live and HD streaming from the International Space Station.
***QUICK NOTES ABOUT HDEV VIDEO***
Black Image = International Space Station (ISS) is on the night side of the Earth.
Gray Image = Switching between cameras, or communications with the ISS is not available.
No Audio = Normal. There is no audio on purpose.
An app that retrieves NASA's image of the day. You can save the images to the gallery and set them as your wallpaper. Please note images do not update on weekends and holidays.
⁃Manipulate a 3D exaggerated terrain model of the Earth and control the water level and coloring of land and sea.
⁃Use simple gestures to control zoom, pan, rotation and tilt of your Earth view.
⁃Create stunning images from any angle and zoom.
⁃Tour over 300 different elevation relevant locations, from highest and lowest points to islands, cities and shipwrecks.
⁃Display labels for countries, U.S. states, and Canadian provinces.
⁃Use the exaggeration slider to increase or decrease the difference between the high and low points on the Earth. This exaggeration helps to emphasize the true beauty and extremes of the terrain on a planetary scale. Ability to view elevations inverted with a negative elevation scale.
⁃Select to use fixed or variable (dependent on zoom) exaggeration for a smoother viewing experience.
⁃See for yourself, how the oceans are deeper than the highest mountains are tall.
⁃Use the info window to display the amount of water area and volume on the Earth and watch it change dynamically as you alter the sea level.
⁃Adjust the sea level and amount of water on the Earth, watching it flood or drain areas of the terrain based on its elevation.
⁃North and South Pole axis lines help to keep better track of your orientation.
⁃Choose from a variety of color schemes to provide impressive renderings of any part of the surface of the Earth.
⁃Use the color slider to pick from a huge range of colors for each scheme.
⁃Share your high resolution imagery with friends via email, messaging, Facebook etc.
⁃Discover the highest mountains from the center of the earth as well as those above sea level.
⁃See cities for each continent from the highest to the lowest above sea level
⁃Show how the Earth would look with just the water from the individual oceans. Select individual oceans and distribute their water across the globe and see the theoretical new sea level.
⁃Direct link to Wikipedia information about the current location.
⁃View a number of different global warming scenarios past, present and future, or simply create your own.
⁃Help documentation included in app.
If you like space or astronomy, you will like this ISS locator app.
ISS Detector will tell you when and where to look for the International Space Station or Iridium flares. You get an alarm a few minutes before a pass. You will never miss a pass of the International Space Station and you will never miss the bright flashes of the iridium communication satellites. ISS Detector will also check if the weather conditions are right. A clear sky is perfect for spotting.
Extensions will enhance the functionality of ISS Detector. With an in-app purchase you can add comets and planets, amateur radio satellites and famous objects, like the Hubble space telescope or the Chinese space station Tiangong.
• Overview of the coming passes
• Weather conditions for perfect sightings
• Radar screen with path indication
• Current location on a map
• Detection of Iridium flares
• Notifications and Alarms
• Share sightings with whatsapp, twitter, gmail, email etc.
• Automatic location and timezone detection
• Dedicated tablet layout
Available Extensions (in-app purchase):
Radio Amateur Satellites
Track dozens of ham and weather satellites
Track Hubble, X-37B, Fitsat, Tiangong and more
Comets and Planets
Track comets as they come closer to earth. Perfect for C/2011 L4 Panstarrs in March 2013 or C/2012 S1 ISON in November 2013.
Enable ISS Detector to display the positions of the planets on the radar view.
ISS Detector combines data from Nasa, Heavens-above.com, minorplanetcenter.net and weather from yr.no.
Learn the challenges NASA faces as it works to develop an inflatable spacecraft. Choose the right shape, materials and trajectory to use a HIAD to bring cargo back from space.
To successfully guide an inflatable spacecraft through the super heat of atmospheric re-entry requires the right stuff. If you inflate too early, your shape is incorrect or your material isn’t strong enough - you burn up. And if you get all that right and miss the target the mission is a bust.
Try your hand at landing a HIAD and become a rocket scientist. Advance through all stages at each of the four levels, collecting up to three stars for each successful landing.
The HIAD game challenges players to successfully land a HIAD after launching from the International Space Station and arriving at a target ground point on Earth. To successfully reach the target, players must:
• Undock from the ISS and use thruster control to steer the spacecraft towards the desired de-orbit point
• Inflate the HIAD aeroshell to reduce velocity and protect the payload from the heat of atmospheric re-entry
• Steer the inflated HIAD to the ground target prior to parachute deployment, taking into account the prevailing winds
• Customize the HIAD vehicle to achieve different performance characteristics to improve results
• Multiple spacecraft configurations and options
• Speed and trajectory controls
• In-game introduction
• Four levels of engineering mastery
• Locked levels
• Scoring for each level
• Help section
• Links to related website
• A new Schedule View - See your schedule at a glance with photos and maps of the places you’re going.
• Events from Gmail - Flight, hotel, concert, restaurant reservations and more are added to your calendar automatically.
• Assists to fill in your calendar - You can quickly create events with smart suggestions for event titles, places and people.
• Different ways to view your calendar - Speedily switch between viewing a single day to getting an overview of multiple days at once.
• All your calendars in one, easy place - Google Calendar works with all calendars on your phone, including Exchange.
About Desert RATS:
For 14 years NASA's Desert Research and Technology Studies (Desert RATS) analog has brought together scientists and engineers to test robotic equipment, vehicles, habitats, space suits, communications, and power generation and storage in remote locations similar to future destinations in space. The teams evaluate mobility, infrastructure, and effectiveness in the harsh environments, and conduct scientific studies similar to those that would be performed on the moon, near Earth asteroids, or Mars and its moons. Analogs like Desert RATS provide NASA with data about strengths, limitations, and the validity of planned human-robotic exploration operations, and help define ways to combine human and robotic efforts to enhance scientific exploration. Other NASA analog locations include the Antarctic, oceans, and arctic and volcanic environments.
✓ Earth physical characteristics tables
✓ Earth's orbit
✓ Earth's rotation
✓ Axial tilt
✓ Figure of the Earth
✓ List of landforms
✓ Extreme points of Earth
✓ Abundance of the chemical elements
✓ Human geography
✓ Structure of the Earth
✓ Crust (geology)
✓ MohoroviÄiÄ‡ discontinuity
✓ Mantle (geology)
✓ Mesosphere (mantle)
✓ Mantle convection
✓ Coreâ€“mantle boundary
✓ Outer core
✓ Inner core
✓ Plate tectonics
✓ Plate reconstruction
✓ Plate tectonics
✓ List of supercontinents
✓ Supercontinent cycle
✓ List of tectonic plates
✓ List of tectonic plate interactions
✓ Atmosphere of Earth
✓ Magnetic field
✓ Earth's magnetic field
✓ Geomagnetic pole
✓ North Magnetic Pole
✓ South Magnetic Pole
✓ Geomagnetic reversal
✓ History of the Earth
✓ Geological history of Earth
✓ Timeline of natural history
✓ Future of the Earth
✓ Article Sources and Contributors
✓ Image Sources, Licenses and Contributorsme.x2x2.me
With Drive, you can:
* View documents, PDFs, photos, videos, and more
* Search for files by name and content
* Easily share files and folders with others
* Set files or folders so anyone with a link can view, comment, or edit
* Quickly access recent files
* See file details and activity
* Enable viewing of files offline
View a large quick reference World Map on your Android Device today!
Contains Up-To-Date World Maps!
Did you know?
South Sudan became the world's 195th country following separation from Sudan on 9 July 2011
- Political World Map
- Find a country easily with a convenient globe map
- Educational reference map for students, school, and university
- Up to date maps
- View every nation and it's major cities in one large map
- No internet connection is required. The worldmap is stored on your Android and can be viewed Offline.
A quick reference map to quickly find countries and cites like Australia, Sydney, Melbourne, Japan, Tokyo, China, Shanghai, USA, Brazil, Sao Paulo, Brasilia, California, New York, Europe and More!
Users Love World Map 2015!
Explore the World Map on your Android today!
Try it for Free!
Goggles can read text in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, and Turkish, and translate it into other languages.
Goggles also works as a barcode / QR code scanner.
- Scan barcodes using Goggles to get product information
- Scan QR codes using Goggles to extract information
- Recognize famous landmarks
- Translate by taking a picture of foreign language text
- Add Contacts by scanning business cards or QR codes
- Scan text using Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Recognize paintings, books, DVDs, CDs, and just about any 2D image
- Solve Sudoku puzzles
- Find similar products
* PLEASE NOTE:
This app suggests that the Earth was created by the big bang theory.
This apps is designed and intended for children age 2-6.
How did the universe begin?How was life born on earth?Where did water on earth come from?Welcome to earth school, Earth School is an educational kids apps containing 18 different mini games. It will show the big bang to earth generation, from life beginning to dinosaur extinction, enjoy!
√ 17 different mini-games to play with
√ Funny environmental science
√ Fantastic original artwork!
√ Fun sounds and animations!
√ Kid-friendly interface!
- No third-party advertising
- No in-app purchases
The earth school lets the kids enjoy learning while playing.
It contains 18 different mini games including:
- The big bang
- Black hole
- Planet generation
- Birth of the Galaxy
- Evolution of species
- Saturn's Ring
- Fossil Hunting
- hair salon 2
- band and kitchen
- stack the states
If you like Earth School – try our other kids' apps!
- Farm School HD
- Bugs and Bunnies
- Buttons and Bubbles
Perfect on nexus 4 and nexus 7
NASA/JPL's Space Images app offers a unique view of the sky via hundreds of images taken by spacecraft studying planets, stars, galaxies, weather on Earth and more. Save to your device as backgrounds or wallpaper and share them with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email as you scan through our extensive photo albums and rate your favorites.
The Space Images app works together with NASAJPL’s newly launched Space Images website at http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/jplimages, so you can always have a view of space on the go (via Android, iPhone, and iPad) or at your desk.
· Discover the latest science images and videos of planets, stars, galaxies, weather and more
· Share photos and videos with friends on Facebook and Twitter
· Rate photos and check out which ones make the Top Rated list
· Choose the best space images and keep them handy in the Favorites folder
· Search for images or browse by categories -- now including Editor’s Pick!
· Access full captions for more on scientific discoveries, NASA spacecraft and missions
· Save images to your mobile device as backgrounds and wallpapers
★ Staff Favorite on iTunes (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
★ Top Free App in the AppStore Education category (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
Please look forward to interacting with even more iconic NASA missions in future updates!
This app requires a camera.
This app offers exciting ways to take part in discovery and learn about NASA's Mars missions.
What's New in Version 2.0
· Universal support for Android phones and tablet devices
· New design for Android phone and tablet devices
· Mars rover Curiosity's raw images
· See the latest mission images of our spacecraft and those returned from the Red Planet
· Learn about Mars and all the active missions
· Ask us a question about Mars
· Get up-to-the-minute news
· Check out behind-the-scenes videos featuring people on the missions
· Mars rover Curiosity's raw images
Learn more about Be A Martian at: http://BeAMartian.jpl.nasa.gov and visit NASA’s Mars Exploration Program website: http://mars.nasa.gov .