Learn the challenges NASA faces as it works to develop an inflatable spacecraft. Choose the right shape, materials and trajectory to use a HIAD to bring cargo back from space.
To successfully guide an inflatable spacecraft through the super heat of atmospheric re-entry requires the right stuff. If you inflate too early, your shape is incorrect or your material isn’t strong enough - you burn up. And if you get all that right and miss the target the mission is a bust.
Try your hand at landing a HIAD and become a rocket scientist. Advance through all stages at each of the four levels, collecting up to three stars for each successful landing.
The HIAD game challenges players to successfully land a HIAD after launching from the International Space Station and arriving at a target ground point on Earth. To successfully reach the target, players must:
• Undock from the ISS and use thruster control to steer the spacecraft towards the desired de-orbit point
• Inflate the HIAD aeroshell to reduce velocity and protect the payload from the heat of atmospheric re-entry
• Steer the inflated HIAD to the ground target prior to parachute deployment, taking into account the prevailing winds
• Customize the HIAD vehicle to achieve different performance characteristics to improve results
• Multiple spacecraft configurations and options
• Speed and trajectory controls
• In-game introduction
• Four levels of engineering mastery
• Locked levels
• Scoring for each level
• Help section
• Links to related website
– Live streaming data from the ISS onboard systems and mission timelines
– Crew and Science timelines with individual crewmember, social media, and international science experiment details
– Console displays with live streaming systems data and educational material to describe how the ISS works
– Virtual Mission Control Center is a 3D replica of the MCC in Houston, TX organized to describe how the mission control team supporting the ISS work
– Links to the five International Partner Space Agencies mission information
– Educational lessons that interact with the live streaming system data accessible through the website link
ISSLive!: ISS Mission Control in Your Pocket
International Space Station Live! or ISSLive! includes a website and mobile applications that tie ISS streaming systems data and operational timelines into one “Rich Internet Application (RIA)” experience. The application offers data on real time parameters such as station position, internal environment, altitude, payload rack science activities and other interesting data and crew activities. ISSLive! ties this data into an interactive application which includes the latest social media feeds.
ISSLive! contains a scrollable timeline, with a ‘public-friendly’ view of crew and payload activities. It uses some of the latest interactive web content technologies, including 3D interactive virtual views of the MCC and ISS. ISSLive! is a “one-stop shop” for ISS data, letting users in on the fascinating activities that happen daily onboard the ISS.
Working with the NASA Education Office, ISSLive! content serves as the basis for development of interactive lessons in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. ISSLive! is also a resource for the space enthusiast, the educator, and the life-long learner to participate in the mission of the ISS.
- Over 12,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- NASA TV and what's on your TV schedules
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
Check out our enchanced daily image app, with an included breaking news feed!
About Desert RATS:
For 14 years NASA's Desert Research and Technology Studies (Desert RATS) analog has brought together scientists and engineers to test robotic equipment, vehicles, habitats, space suits, communications, and power generation and storage in remote locations similar to future destinations in space. The teams evaluate mobility, infrastructure, and effectiveness in the harsh environments, and conduct scientific studies similar to those that would be performed on the moon, near Earth asteroids, or Mars and its moons. Analogs like Desert RATS provide NASA with data about strengths, limitations, and the validity of planned human-robotic exploration operations, and help define ways to combine human and robotic efforts to enhance scientific exploration. Other NASA analog locations include the Antarctic, oceans, and arctic and volcanic environments.
In this application you will find:
► WHAT TO DRAW
25 epic spaceships drawing lessons are grouped in this app!
Pictures of USS Enterprise from Star Trek, Millennium Falcon from Star Wars or White Star from Babylon 5 can be drawn with ease!
► HOW TO DRAW
Follow our step by step drawing instructions.
► WHERE TO DRAW
Draw at home or in school, use it for parties or classroom activities and competitions!
► HOW IS IT INTERACTIVE?
If you don't have paper and pencil use our drawing tools: pencil, brush or rubber on your device!
• On screen draw mode. Now you can step by step draw right on your screen.
• Zoom mode - if your screen is not big enough than just zoom and keep drawing.
• Integrated rating system that assigns a level of difficulty: easy, normal, hard, and expert
• Each tutorial contains 10-30 precise steps!
• Share your creation with friends via email, Facebook, Skype and many more.
• Save it to your SD card and set as background.
Unleash your creativity and try to draw something today!
ErgoSky is an innovative and educational experience for astronomy and astrophysics lovers, with amazing astronomical images, fascinating space objects, from galaxies, nebulae, stars to planets.
Discover stars, galaxies, galaxy clusters, nebulae, Hubble space images, curated selections from several missions and observations. See great images from Mars exploration robots, rovers and missions like Voyager. See diffrent faces of Jupiter moons, or Saturn rings or other planets moons. Huge views and details available you can zoom on, bookmark, share. Just explore the sky, at a glance !
You can use stunning filters on any space object, change colors, crop, rotate, add frames and share with your friends on your social networks.
You can also discuss and comment on any interesting space object, directly from the application and share with your friends, ErgoSky astronomy app is social !
♦ Thousands of beautiful space objects from galaxies, stars and clusters, nebulae, planets, systems of the universe
♦ Hubble telescope images of the cosmos
♦ Gorgeous detailed images and panoramas of our solar system, the sun, mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune and famous missions such as rovers on Mars, curiosity, opportunity, Voyager, cassini, spirit
♦ Swipe between objects/image gallery and detailed view with description, holo style
♦ Nice slideshow to swipe between amazing views
♦ Automatic slideshow when the application starts (see settings)
♦ Filters : Use amazing filters, image processing, frames, colors, contrast on images to enhance views at your convenience or to match your feelings for your personal use
♦ Social : discuss / comment directly from the application with other users
♦ Bookmark, share with your friends on popular social networks
♦ Statistics : discover more space objects with real-time downloads and popular images, nice feature to discover more great contents
♦ Double-tap on detailed view to zoom on immediately or use zoom button
♦ Search celestial objects by name, multiple keywords
♦ Suggestion engine : see similar celestial objects
♦ Discovery with random images loaded when the app starts
♦ Off-line contents : informations are available off-line and once images are downloaded, they are available offline ! (no need connections for already seen images)
♦ Set any images as wallpaper
♦ New discovery tab : Explore space objects from Flickr, 500px collections; you can search for celestial objects or define tags to match your needs, see popular and more recent contents associated to your tags or preselected astronomy tags related (such as APOD, Nebula, Galaxy clusters ...etc)
APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) archives and larger databases are on roadmap ;-)
Pictures are mainly coming from public repositories of the European Southern Observatory, the PhotoJournal of Jet Propulsion Laboratory or the Hubble Heritage archives. No affiliation.
Simple layout with title, date, image, description and two buttons: for refresh and wallpaper.
Created as part of the tutorial and learning from the book "Head First Android Development" by Jonathan Simon.
No adds or banners.
1) 3-D can reduce or enlarge the planet.
2) The auto-rotate feature and the user can rotate the 3-D planets.
3) Wiki conjunction with information about the solar system's planets are visible.
Navigate through planets and their moons in 3D mode.
The position and orbits of the planets are real according to date and time.
The size and orbits of planets are real (but in small scale).
You have the following options:
1) Move from planet to planet and moons
2) Rotate the camera to view planets from every angle
3) Zoom in and out
4) Toggle orbits, ambient light, labels, grayscale mode, sun flares
5) Go faster, slower (with the yellow bar on top)
6) Info about planets.
7) Real Shadows
8) Navigate with spaceship mode.
9) Current moon phase.
Many thanks to Torrence Griffin (http://www.youtube.com/user/teahman) for the beautiful music.
The app works on phones and tablets. But it may take time to load on phones.
Tags: Solar System, Planets, Moons, Earth, Sun, Space,
Universe, Earth, Jupiter, Mars, Solar, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto, Luna, Europe, Orbits, Fly, Spaceship, Asteroid, Comet
⁃ Manipulate a 3D exaggerated terrain model of the Earth and control the water level and coloring of land and sea.
⁃ Create stunning images from any angle and zoom.
⁃ Tour over 300 different elevation relevant locations, from highest and lowest points to islands, cities and shipwrecks.
⁃ Use the exaggeration option to increase difference between the high and low points on the Earth. This exaggeration helps to emphasize the true beauty and extremes of the terrain on a planetary scale.
⁃ See for yourself, how the oceans are deeper than the highest mountains are tall.
⁃ Use the info window to display the amount of water area and volume on the Earth and watch it change in real-time as you alter the sea level.
⁃ Adjust the sea level and amount of water on the Earth, watching it flood or drain areas of the terrain based on its elevation.
⁃ Watch the sea level change animate in Full 3D
⁃ Choose from a variety of color schemes to provide impressive renderings of any part of the surface of the Earth.
⁃ Use simple gestures to control zoom, pan, rotation and tilt of your Earth view.
⁃ Watch the dynamic terrain coloring scheme change with the rise and fall of the ocean water level.
⁃ Share your high resolution imagery with friends via email, messaging, Facebook and more.
⁃ Discover the highest mountains from the center of the earth as well as those above sea level.
⁃ See cities for each continent from the highest to the lowest above sea level
⁃ Show how the Earth would look with just the water from the individual oceans. Select individual oceans and distribute their water across the globe and see the theoretical new sea level.
⁃ Direct link to Wikipedia information about the current location.
⁃ View a number of different global warming scenarios past, present and future, or simply create your own.
⁃ Help documentation included in app.
Application is showing data including image from NASA.
Show latest image with content uploaded by NASA
User can set image as a background image of user’s device.
Refresh feature allows user to get latest data from NASA without restarting the app.
It is Ad free application.
More from developer
NASA/JPL's Space Images app offers a unique view of the sky via hundreds of images taken by spacecraft studying planets, stars, galaxies, weather on Earth and more. Save to your device as backgrounds or wallpaper and share them with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email as you scan through our extensive photo albums and rate your favorites.
The Space Images app works together with NASAJPL’s newly launched Space Images website at http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/jplimages, so you can always have a view of space on the go (via Android, iPhone, and iPad) or at your desk.
· Discover the latest science images and videos of planets, stars, galaxies, weather and more
· Share photos and videos with friends on Facebook and Twitter
· Rate photos and check out which ones make the Top Rated list
· Choose the best space images and keep them handy in the Favorites folder
· Search for images or browse by categories -- now including Editor’s Pick!
· Access full captions for more on scientific discoveries, NASA spacecraft and missions
· Save images to your mobile device as backgrounds and wallpapers
★ Staff Favorite on iTunes (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
★ Top Free App in the AppStore Education category (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
This app offers exciting ways to take part in discovery and learn about NASA's Mars missions.
· See the latest mission images of our spacecraft and those returned from the Red Planet
· Learn about Mars and all the active missions
· Ask us a question about Mars
· Get up-to-the-minute news
· Check out behind-the-scenes videos featuring people on the missions