Learn the challenges NASA faces as it works to develop an inflatable spacecraft. Choose the right shape, materials and trajectory to use a HIAD to bring cargo back from space.
To successfully guide an inflatable spacecraft through the super heat of atmospheric re-entry requires the right stuff. If you inflate too early, your shape is incorrect or your material isn’t strong enough - you burn up. And if you get all that right and miss the target the mission is a bust.
Try your hand at landing a HIAD and become a rocket scientist. Advance through all stages at each of the four levels, collecting up to three stars for each successful landing.
The HIAD game challenges players to successfully land a HIAD after launching from the International Space Station and arriving at a target ground point on Earth. To successfully reach the target, players must:
• Undock from the ISS and use thruster control to steer the spacecraft towards the desired de-orbit point
• Inflate the HIAD aeroshell to reduce velocity and protect the payload from the heat of atmospheric re-entry
• Steer the inflated HIAD to the ground target prior to parachute deployment, taking into account the prevailing winds
• Customize the HIAD vehicle to achieve different performance characteristics to improve results
• Multiple spacecraft configurations and options
• Speed and trajectory controls
• In-game introduction
• Four levels of engineering mastery
• Locked levels
• Scoring for each level
• Help section
• Links to related website
– Live streaming data from the ISS onboard systems and mission timelines
– Crew and Science timelines with individual crewmember, social media, and international science experiment details
– Console displays with live streaming systems data and educational material to describe how the ISS works
– Virtual Mission Control Center is a 3D replica of the MCC in Houston, TX organized to describe how the mission control team supporting the ISS work
– Links to the five International Partner Space Agencies mission information
– Educational lessons that interact with the live streaming system data accessible through the website link
ISSLive!: ISS Mission Control in Your Pocket
International Space Station Live! or ISSLive! includes a website and mobile applications that tie ISS streaming systems data and operational timelines into one “Rich Internet Application (RIA)” experience. The application offers data on real time parameters such as station position, internal environment, altitude, payload rack science activities and other interesting data and crew activities. ISSLive! ties this data into an interactive application which includes the latest social media feeds.
ISSLive! contains a scrollable timeline, with a ‘public-friendly’ view of crew and payload activities. It uses some of the latest interactive web content technologies, including 3D interactive virtual views of the MCC and ISS. ISSLive! is a “one-stop shop” for ISS data, letting users in on the fascinating activities that happen daily onboard the ISS.
Working with the NASA Education Office, ISSLive! content serves as the basis for development of interactive lessons in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields. ISSLive! is also a resource for the space enthusiast, the educator, and the life-long learner to participate in the mission of the ISS.
- Over 12,000 images (and growing everyday)
- Latest news and features stories
- Latest on demand NASA videos from around the agency
- Current NASA mission Information
- Live streaming of NASA TV
- Launch information & countdown clocks
- Current visible passes for the International Space Station (ISS) and notifications
- ISS and Earth orbiting satellite trackers
- NASA Twitter Feeds from around the agency
- Facebook® Connect and integrated Twitter™ client for easy sharing
- NASA TV and what's on your TV schedules
- Map, information and links to all of the NASA visitor centers
- Featured content and program sections
- Third Rock Radio (alternative rock radio station)
- Favorites & image bookmarks
About Desert RATS:
For 14 years NASA's Desert Research and Technology Studies (Desert RATS) analog has brought together scientists and engineers to test robotic equipment, vehicles, habitats, space suits, communications, and power generation and storage in remote locations similar to future destinations in space. The teams evaluate mobility, infrastructure, and effectiveness in the harsh environments, and conduct scientific studies similar to those that would be performed on the moon, near Earth asteroids, or Mars and its moons. Analogs like Desert RATS provide NASA with data about strengths, limitations, and the validity of planned human-robotic exploration operations, and help define ways to combine human and robotic efforts to enhance scientific exploration. Other NASA analog locations include the Antarctic, oceans, and arctic and volcanic environments.
Check out our enchanced daily image app, with an included breaking news feed!
ErgoSky is an innovative and educational experience for astronomy and astrophysics lovers, with amazing astronomical images, fascinating space objects, from galaxies, nebulae, stars to planets.
Discover stars, galaxies, galaxy clusters, nebulae, Hubble space images, curated selections from several missions and observations. See great images from Mars exploration robots, rovers and missions like Voyager. See diffrent faces of Jupiter moons, or Saturn rings or other planets moons. Huge views and details available you can zoom on, bookmark, share. Just explore the sky, at a glance !
You can use stunning filters on any space object, change colors, crop, rotate, add frames and share with your friends on your social networks.
You can also discuss and comment on any interesting space object, directly from the application and share with your friends, ErgoSky astronomy app is social !
♦ Thousands of beautiful space objects from galaxies, stars and clusters, nebulae, planets, systems of the universe
♦ Hubble telescope images of the cosmos
♦ Gorgeous detailed images and panoramas of our solar system, the sun, mercury, venus, earth, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune and famous missions such as rovers on Mars, curiosity, opportunity, Voyager, cassini, spirit
♦ Swipe between objects/image gallery and detailed view with description, holo style
♦ Nice slideshow to swipe between amazing views
♦ Automatic slideshow when the application starts (see settings)
♦ Filters : Use amazing filters, image processing, frames, colors, contrast on images to enhance views at your convenience or to match your feelings for your personal use
♦ Social : discuss / comment directly from the application with other users
♦ Bookmark, share with your friends on popular social networks
♦ Statistics : discover more space objects with real-time downloads and popular images, nice feature to discover more great contents
♦ Double-tap on detailed view to zoom on immediately or use zoom button
♦ Search celestial objects by name, multiple keywords
♦ Suggestion engine : see similar celestial objects
♦ Discovery with random images loaded when the app starts
♦ Off-line contents : informations are available off-line and once images are downloaded, they are available offline ! (no need connections for already seen images)
♦ Set any images as wallpaper
♦ New discovery tab : Explore space objects from Flickr, 500px collections; you can search for celestial objects or define tags to match your needs, see popular and more recent contents associated to your tags or preselected astronomy tags related (such as APOD, Nebula, Galaxy clusters ...etc)
APOD (Astronomy Picture of the Day) archives and larger databases are on roadmap ;-)
Pictures are mainly coming from public repositories of the European Southern Observatory, the PhotoJournal of Jet Propulsion Laboratory or the Hubble Heritage archives. No affiliation.
In this application you will find:
► WHAT TO DRAW
25 epic spaceships drawing lessons are grouped in this app!
Pictures of USS Enterprise from Star Trek, Millennium Falcon from Star Wars or White Star from Babylon 5 can be drawn with ease!
► HOW TO DRAW
Follow our step by step drawing instructions.
► WHERE TO DRAW
Draw at home or in school, use it for parties or classroom activities and competitions!
► HOW IS IT INTERACTIVE?
If you don't have paper and pencil use our drawing tools: pencil, brush or rubber on your device!
• On screen draw mode. Now you can step by step draw right on your screen.
• Zoom mode - if your screen is not big enough than just zoom and keep drawing.
• Integrated rating system that assigns a level of difficulty: easy, normal, hard, and expert
• Each tutorial contains 10-30 precise steps!
• Share your creation with friends via email, Facebook, Skype and many more.
• Save it to your SD card and set as background.
Unleash your creativity and try to draw something today!
Simple layout with title, date, image, description and two buttons: for refresh and wallpaper.
Created as part of the tutorial and learning from the book "Head First Android Development" by Jonathan Simon.
No adds or banners.
★Увлекательные интерактивные программы для обучения и развлечения малышей★
В этой познавательной игре малыш отправляется вместе с малышом-пандой в космос. Управлять космическим кораблем можно как в обычном ручном режиме, так и в "гравитационном" режиме, при котором для изменения направления корабля нужно изменять положение вашего мобильного устройства. Космос полон различных объектов, и к одним нужно стремиться, а от других - уклоняться. Вашему малышу потребуются настойчивость и хорошая реакция, чтобы достичь 6-го уровня. Так чего же ждать? Отправляемся исследовать просторы вселенной прямо сейчас!
●Отличная графика. Благодаря визуальной составляющей этой игры малыш, безусловно, проявит интерес к изучению космоса.
●Несложные, но интересные режимы управления. Можно выбрать ручной или "гравитационный" способ управления кораблем.
●Спортивный компонент. Растущее количество очков и переход на следующий уровень служат поощрением за проявленный характер.
▶Концепция БэбиБас (BabyBus)
●Мы стараемся пробудить интерес ребенка к знаниям, а не просто пытаемся научить его чему-либо.
●Наша цель - развитие способностей, а не только передача информации.
●Мы используем принцип "Обучение - в радость!" и не приемлем некомфортных для ребенка методов обучения.
Садитесь в автобус Бэби Бас (BabyBus) и отправляйтесь вместе с нами в мир радости и знаний!
▶Продукты БэбиБас (BabyBus) и данная серия
БэбиБас (BabyBus) - лидер в сфере создания детских программных продуктов для мобильных устройств. Наши обучающие программы разрабатываются специально для детей дошкольного возраста. Серия для малышей от нескольких месяцев до 3 лет включает следующие разделы: Знания, Музыка, Игры. Приложения, входящие в эти разделы, помогают ребенку познавать мир и развивать зрительно-двигательную координацию.
▶Чтобы найти все наши приложения, введите в строку поиска эти слова: Бэби Бас.
1) 3-D can reduce or enlarge the planet.
2) The auto-rotate feature and the user can rotate the 3-D planets.
3) Wiki conjunction with information about the solar system's planets are visible.
Here’s what you get.
Astronomy news - get interesting in-depth astronomy news articles delivered daily to your phone or tablet. We gather news, images and videos from genuinely authoritative and interesting sources such as Universe Today, SPACE.COM, the Hubble space telescope, and NASA.
Astronomy pictures – yes, you get captivating photos via the famous NASA image of the day. But why stop there? Through the app you can also see space photography from the Hubble telescope. Unlike the NASA photos which cover a variety of subjects, the Hubble telescope images focus mostly on the night sky, retrieving information about distant galaxies, planets and stars.
Astronomy articles - Read stories not just focusing on the US, but also international partners like Russia, China and the UK. Such stories often contain interesting facts, quotes, photography and links to videos. They cover subjects such as: observatories, astronauts, test pilots, telescopes and NASA missions.
Disclaimer: we do not own or claim to own any of the content distributed through our app. These are our personal favorite sources that we think combine informative content with ease of understanding. Easier to see them in one spot than to surf all around the web.
NASA or The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the agency of the United States government that is responsible for the nation's civilian space program and for aeronautics and aerospace research. Most U.S. space exploration efforts have been led by NASA, including the Apollo moon-landing missions, the Skylab space station, and later the Space Shuttle. At present NASA is supporting the International Space Station and is overseeing the development of the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Commercial Crew vehicles.
The most notable NASA activities are its space flight programs, both manned and unmanned. The latter can be either independent, carrying scientific equipment, or supportive, testing equipment for manned flights. In the beginning, NASA’s missions focused on the space race with the Soviet Union, which won the first round, but later USA took the initiative and won the final race to the Moon.
Hubble Space Telescope
The Hubble Space Telescope is a space telescope that was carried into orbit by a Space Shuttle in 1990 and remains in operation. In low Earth orbit, Hubble's four main instruments observe in the near ultraviolet, visible, and near infrared. The telescope is named after the astronomer Edwin Hubble.
Hubble's orbit outside the distortion of Earth's atmosphere allows it to take extremely high-resolution images with almost no background light. Hubble's Deep Field has recorded some of the most detailed visible-light images ever, allowing a deep view into space and time. Many Hubble observations have led to breakthroughs in astrophysics.
Hubble is the only telescope designed to be serviced in space by astronauts.
OK, that's about it.
Let us know what you think of the app, and if there's something you like us to add.
- A new star is born in our galaxy every 18 days
- There are more stars than all of the grains of sand on earth
- Saturn is the only planet in the solar system less dense than water
- The Virgo Cluster is 50 million light years away and is made up of 1000 galaxies
- Every year, the Moon is moving away from Earth by 3.8 centimeters
With "Amazing Universe Facts" learn every day new fascinating, strange, funny and interesting facts and trivia about the space, stars, planets, etc.
* Hundreds of amazing facts about space and astronomy
* Receive daily facts in the notification bar
* Very fast and simple to use
* Works offline, even in "airplane mode". Access all facts anytime, anywhere, no internet connection needed.
* Search any term and find all facts about it
* Bookmark your favorite facts for quick future reference
* Read random facts
* Share your favorite facts by Email, Twitter, etc.
* Listen to the facts using Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer
* Works in both portrait and landscape mode for easier reading
Q: How can I share a fact from the list?
A: Just press for 2 or 3 seconds over the fact, a menu with the available sharing options will appear
Q: How can I change the speech speed?
A: The speed of the speech is controlled by the TTS engine installed with Android. It can be set up by going to:
Settings --> Voice input & output settings --> Text to speech settings --> speech rate
Q: I don't like the voice. How can I improve it?
A: The default text-to-speech engine installed with Android is Pico TTS, it’s pretty simple and sometimes may sound a bit electronic. You can always install alternatives like eSpeak, SVox or IVONA from Android Market.
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu --> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
About the permissions:
We know you may be worried about the permissions required by the application so here is the explanation of why they are needed:
To load the ads used to support the development of the application, these permissions are required:
- Full Internet access
- View network state
About the speech synthesizer:
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before traveling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
More from developer
NASA/JPL's Space Images app offers a unique view of the sky via hundreds of images taken by spacecraft studying planets, stars, galaxies, weather on Earth and more. Save to your device as backgrounds or wallpaper and share them with friends on Facebook, Twitter and email as you scan through our extensive photo albums and rate your favorites.
The Space Images app works together with NASAJPL’s newly launched Space Images website at http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/jplimages, so you can always have a view of space on the go (via Android, iPhone, and iPad) or at your desk.
· Discover the latest science images and videos of planets, stars, galaxies, weather and more
· Share photos and videos with friends on Facebook and Twitter
· Rate photos and check out which ones make the Top Rated list
· Choose the best space images and keep them handy in the Favorites folder
· Search for images or browse by categories -- now including Editor’s Pick!
· Access full captions for more on scientific discoveries, NASA spacecraft and missions
· Save images to your mobile device as backgrounds and wallpapers
★ Staff Favorite on iTunes (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
★ Top Free App in the AppStore Education category (Space Images for iPhone V1)!
This app offers exciting ways to take part in discovery and learn about NASA's Mars missions.
· See the latest mission images of our spacecraft and those returned from the Red Planet
· Learn about Mars and all the active missions
· Ask us a question about Mars
· Get up-to-the-minute news
· Check out behind-the-scenes videos featuring people on the missions