CAMEO Chemicals is a database of hazardous chemical datasheets that emergency responders and planners can use to get response recommendations and predict hazards (such as explosions or toxic fumes).
Key Program Features:
• Search by name, CAS number, or UN/NA number to find chemicals of interest in the extensive database of thousands of hazardous substances. Includes "type ahead" feature for simplified chemical name searches.
• Review chemical datasheets for physical properties, health hazards, information about air and water hazards, recommendations for firefighting, first aid, and spill response, and regulatory information.
• Get information from additional sources using the U.S. Coast Guard CHRIS manual, the NIOSH Pocket Guide, and International Chemical Safety Cards links on many chemical datasheets.
• Access UN/NA datasheets for response information from the Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG) and shipping information from the Hazardous Materials Table. ERG Response Guide PDFs are available in English, Spanish, and French.
• Predict potential hazards that could arise if chemicals were to mix.
• Get offline access: the app runs without an internet connection. You can search for chemical and UN/NA datasheets, view ERG Response Guide PDFs and U.S. Coast Guard CHRIS PDFs, create MyChemicals collections, and view reactivity predictions--all while you're offline. When you're online, you can also go to additional resources on external websites (such as the NIOSH Pocket Guides and the International Chemical Safety Cards) from the app.
CAMEO Chemicals is developed jointly by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Response and Restoration in partnership with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Office of Emergency Management. It is one of the core programs of the CAMEO software suite (http://response.restoration.noaa.gov/cameo).
Note: Some permissions on your device are required for the app to generate PDFs and other export files that you can share with others. If you choose to disable the permissions, you will not be able to use the app's Sharing feature.