A map feature provides easy access to the location of more than 1,000 Passport to Your National Park cancellation locations. Park listings identify the year and stamp type when featured on the annual Passport commemorative stamp sticker set.
This digital Passport Companion allows you to explore every unit of the National Park Service, mark parks you would like to visit and those you have visited. You can search parks by name, state or “nearby” using GPS technology. There is a digital scrapbook for each park that allows you to log a journal entry, record the date of your visit, and import photos with descriptions. You can find park addresses, phone numbers, National Park Service websites, plus entrance fee and junior ranger program information.
- Includes valuable information on every unit of the National Park Service
- Search for parks alphabetically, by state or Passport region
- Find Passport cancellation stations by map or list
- Create journal entries for your park visit
- Add photos, with descriptions, to visited sites
- Mark parks you would like to visit or have already visited
- Find nearby parks using GPS map feature
- Follow links to National Park Service website for directions, hours, events and more
- One-touch access to eParks.com, the Official Online Store of America’s National Parks
The key features of the app include the following:
★ Simple Interface - Interaction with the app using Chimani's unique interface based on universal national park symbols.
★ Passport Stamps - Record the years you've visit a National Park Service unit and create a "Someday/Maybe" list.
★ Someday/Maybe - Create a "Someday/Maybe" list of units and parks which you plan to visit!
★ News - Access daily national park news provided by National Park Traveler News website (in-app purchase required).
★ Search - Use the lighten-fast search engine to find anyone of the 400 units within the app.
★ Details - Learn about the rich history in each one of the National Park Service units (content provided by Wikipedia).
★ Location - View the location of each unit on interactive maps.
*** This app requires an inital Internet connection to download photos (either Wifi or cellular). ****
Chimani is the leading developer of mobile app to help you explore our National Parks. Learn more at: www.chimani.com
These pictures portray the best that the U.S. Park System has to offer. An introductory description of each park beckons you to make the virtual journey into Grand Canyon, Yosemite and more of nature's best places on the planet.
We’ve designed a special FREE tour of the presidential and first lady highlights from the Smithsonian collections. You’ll get easy turn-by-turn directions to five of the Smithsonian museums from the Natural History, American History and American Indian museums on the National Mall and from the National Portrait Gallery and the American Art Museum in the Penn Quarter District.
Our latest new postcard, lets you snap a photo of friends and family wearing George Washington’s uniform; and share it instantly on Facebook and Twitter.
This limited edition FREE tour is your entry ticket to our full Smithsonian Tours App. For just 99 cents, you can upgrade to a whole suite of our best tours of the Smithsonian and select from a host of digital postcards to wow your friends. Send home a picture of your mom wearing the Hope Diamond and the Ruby Slippers from Wizard of Oz, or hangout with an orangutan or swim with a giant squid. All with your 99 cents upgrade.
For just 99 cents, get the most out of your trip to Washington, D.C. and the National Mall with custom-built tours, based on your available time and passions. From the editors of Smithsonian magazine, Smithsonian Tours is packed with handy navigational tools, maps, museum floor plans, a calendar of events, dining and shopping, including 'Greatest Hits' for each Smithsonian museum.
What can you do with the Smithsonian Tours app?
- Based on your interests, size of your group and available time, we offer "Greatest Hits" tours of the Smithsonian's Washington, D.C. museums. Art Lover, Nature Lover and History Buff, or find tours to take With Dad, With Mom or With the Kids.
- Check out our list of Must-See Exhibitions and get updates on daily events.
- Get turn-by-turn walking directions on the map of the National Mall, locate artifacts inside the museums and find the nearest Metro stops.
- Get hot news tips from the Smithsonian and the Around the Mall blog on Smithsonian.com.
- Navigate with maps, directions, augmented reality and a handy Friend Finder to locate your lost pals.
- Remember and share your time at the Smithsonian by sending a custom digital postcard. Put yourself inside the Apollo 11 Command Module, wear the Hope Diamond, step out in the Ruby Slippers or hang out with the Orangutan at the Zoo. Pick from our other fun selections and send them to your friends.
- Find out where to eat and shop with descriptions of Smithsonian restaurants and stores.
- The app has selections from all of these museums: the Air and Space Museum, the American History Museum, the Natural History Museum, the Smithsonian Castle, the Udvar-Hazy Center, the African Art Museum, the American Indian Museum, the Anacostia Community Museum, the Freer Gallery, the Sackler Gallery, the Hirshhorn Museum, the National Portrait Gallery, the Postal Museum, the Smithsonian American Art Museum and its Renwick Gallery, and the National Zoo.
Museums In Washington DC isnt a digital yellow pages like most museum apps. You get useful info like:
-choose by category
-choose by selecting museum from a map
-1 touch navigation to address
-directly email & phone museum
-hours of operation & cost
-easily link to collections,events,etc
-rental & intern availability
Museums In Washington D.C. includes a special link listing all Smithsonian museums regardless of category (although they are included with their default category. For example, the Air & Space Museum is listed in both the Smithsonian and Science links). This is available from the list links or from the maps.
Follow on Twitter @AndroidsFuture
- 50+ Sites including natural and cultural landmarks and destinations
- Locations, hours and other details for Services within Yosemite including Camping, Lodging, Shuttles, Recreation and Tours, and more
- Up-to-date listing of daily Programs including free and paid programs offered by the National Park Service and park partners such as Yosemite Conservancy, The Ansel Adams Gallery, and DNC Parks & Resorts at Yosemite.
- Interactive Map of Sites including popular Yosemite Valley destinations
- 20+ suggested Day Hikes throughout Yosemite National Park
- Browse @YosemiteNPS twitter feed and blogs
- Find answers to the most common questions about visiting Yosemite
- Learn more about Yosemite Conservancy and other park partners
Cellular service is limited in many parts of Yosemite National Park. Some features, content, and links require data connection. This app is not intended for use as a GPS-based navigation aid.
Our app provides detailed maps, parking information, animal viewing, special events, and tour highlights. Information on each animal species can be viewed using search functions, by name, category, and location. The National Zoo’s conservation programs are also highlighted. Just for fun, the app incorporates a Zooify Yourself feature to create your own animal features using any picture along with Animal Voices. The app provides a “connection” to all our social media initiatives along with the ability to support the National Zoo.
• Favorite destinations
• Things to see and do in the park
• Stunning photos
• A park map that includes all of the roads and hiking trails in the park.
• Ranger-led activities
• The Junior Ranger program
• Locations of services within the park such as the visitor center, restrooms and picnic areas.
• Permit information, safety guidelines, and tips – including how to maximize your visit, photography tips, campground information and much more!
Canyonlands Natural History Association has been the official non-profit partner of Arches National Park since 1967.
With Parks Seeker, you can:
• Easily track your progress of parks visited and those still waiting to be explored
• View detailed information about all 59 national parks
• View an interactive map displaying parks and your check-ins
• Check in to parks based on your current location, or create check-ins for past visits
• Add a photo to each check-in
• Share your visits through Facebook, e-mail and text
• Create a wish list of the parks you’d like to visit next
• Locate the park closest to you based on your current GPS location
Parks Seeker includes all 59 of the United States' active National Parks:
Acadia · American Samoa · Arches · Badlands · Big Bend · Biscayne · Black Canyon of The Gunnison · Bryce Canyon · Canyonlands · Capitol Reef · Carlsbad Caverns · Channel Islands · Congaree · Crater Lake · Cuyahoga Valley · Death Valley · Denali · Dry Tortugas · Everglades · Gates of the Arctic · Glacier · Glacier Bay · Grand Canyon · Grand Teton · Great Basin · Great Sand Dunes · Great Smokey Mountains · Guadalupe Mountains · Haleakalā · Hawai'i Volcanoes · Hot Springs · Isle Royale · Joshua Tree · Katmai · Kenai Fjords · Kings Canyon · Kobuk Valley · Lake Clark · Lassen Volcanic · Mammoth Cave · Mesa Verde · Mount Rainier · North Cascades · Olympic · Petrified Forest · Pinnacles · Redwood · Rocky Mountain · Saguaro · Sequoia · Shenandoah · Theodore Roosevelt · Virgin Islands · Voyageurs · Wind Cave · Wrangell–St. Elias · Yellowstone · Yosemite · Zion
If you like Parks Seeker, you may also enjoy Summit Seeker—the app that tracks your progress conquering the highest point in all 50 states!
Parks Seeker can use your GPS location to find the closest park to you, but the app does not require data or cellular service to use most features!
While many of these memorials, such as the majestic Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, are famous, this tour also features lesser known sites that are no less beautiful or significant, such as the obscure Memorial to the Signers of the Declaration of Independence. The tour is designed so you can start anywhere you like and go for as long as you like, whenever you want. The National Mall is open 24 hours a day and is beautiful and fascinating anytime of day or night. If you visit all 27 stops on the tour, it could take several hours to complete, but you can always go back ~ the tour is yours to keep and can be used again and again.
On this tour you will learn the history of a great nation and its people, the controversies surrounding their accomplishments, and the stories by which we remember them. Highlights include the Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam War Veteran's Memorial Wall, Vietnam War Veteran's Memorial Bronze Statue, Korean War Memorial, National World War II Memorial, The Vietnam Women’s Memorial, WWI Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial, the George Mason Memorial, John Paul Jones Memorial, Memorial to the Signers of the Declaration of Independence, and the Memorial to Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
Bryce Canyon National Park is your essential pocket guide to this visually stunning travel destination. Our app gives you these incredible features:
- A built-in offline map that provides detailed park location data without an Internet connection
- Trail information and GPS-based trail maps for 17 popular trails
- Over 50 photographs covering each stop on Scenic Drive
- Handy information about camping near the park
- A FREE, optional US Geological Survey topo map
Scenic Drive GPS Guide
This app provides a hands free, voice narrated guide to help you enjoy the incredible vistas and unusual hoodoos of the 18 mile Bryce Canyon Scenic Drive. The GPS guide contains information for all stops on the Scenic Drive. No need to look down at your guide book or flyer -- just tap the Start GPS Guide button, start driving, and it will notify you as you approach each stop! A brief recommendation about each stop is narrated to you. Then, when you arrive at the stop, a photo pops up, and a complete description is narrated to you.
Nothing could be easier AND no cell phone connection is required! That's right, all information, including an offline map, is included in the downloaded app. Once installed, just be sure to enable your GPS satellite option, and your hands-free guide to Bryce Canyon Scenic Drive will do the rest.
This is the same technology used in our popular Maui Road to Hana app, which has been described as:
"(an) indispensable guide...The voice guide made it feel like we had a tour guide in the car with us"
Our app includes a complete offline map, for Internet and cell-phone connection free access to detailed park information. This map is built into the download -- as soon as the app is installed, the map is ready. No further Internet access is needed to use the app!
Add On US Geological Survey Topo Map for Offline Use
The US Geological Survey topographical map -- commonly known as the "topo map" -- is the gold standard in mapping for remote locations. And now you can have access to this map, specifically for the Bryce Canyon Scenic GPS Guide, at any time -- and completely offline! A one-time download is all it takes*. The maps offer scales from about 1:15,000 down to 1:4,000, plus an additional zoom level to make reading the small type on these maps easier.
* Topo map download size is about 101 Megabytes
For an explanation of the Android permissions this app uses, please visit:
2)User can get the information about park like animals,points of attraction,nearest city and many more.
3)Easy search is also available in the App.
4)With the help of map user will know in which state the park is situated.
What makes this app unique is its off-line availability. The crisp information which it covers is indicative of what you can achieve on a typical outing to these National Parks. You would find the quick information on the following in this app:
a) State/Union Territory, where it is located
b) Year of Establishment
c) Total Area
d) Known For - Avian fauna, Mammals, Reptiles and Amphibians you can date with :)
You may find this app useful in planning your trip. I hope you will enjoy your tryst with Nature in exploring some of the most exquisite scenic and historic treasures in India.
FOLLOW US and stay in touch to get all the latest information about "Indian National Parks" and other exciting Apps and future updates:
Map – Official National Park Service map of the historic area of Philadelphia. The map is easy to use while outdoors, features large font sizes, illustrated walkways that are easily distinguishable from roads, and multiple zoom levels. By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
Sites – Tap the “Sites” button to learn more about points of interest with lively text, professional photographs, and engaging audio. The Visiting section includes the hours of operation and other essential information.
Tours – Discover the Road to Revolution or follow in Benjamin Franklin’s footsteps on guided audio tours throughout Independence National Historical Park.
Special Events and Programs – Get up-to-date information from the National Park Service about what is happening at the Independence National Historical Park.
Postcard – With the tap of a button, share a digital postcard with friends and family from Independence National Historical Park.
Small size – Weighing in at around 26MB, the app will download relatively quickly via a 4G cellular connection or the free Wi-Fi available in the Independence Visitor Center.
On your next visit to Boston, use it to explore many of the most important cultural and historical sites in the United States— Old South Meeting House, Old State House, Faneuil Hall, Old North Church, Paul Revere House, Bunker Hill Monument, Bunker Hill Museum, Dorchester Heights, and the Charlestown Navy Yard including USS Constitution, the USS Constitution Museum, and USS Cassin Young. Every site along Boston’s Freedom Trail® is featured.
Boston African American National Historic Site is comprised of the largest area of pre-Civil War black owned structures in the U.S. Learn about the homes, businesses, schools, and churches of a thriving black community that, in the face of great opposition, fought the forces of slavery and inequality.
- Check out historic sites and events with text, audio, images, and video.
- Choose thematic tours, staff picks, or build your own tour.
- Explore the official National Park Service map of Boston that includes large font sizes, easy to distinguish walkways, and dimensional buildings.
- By tapping the “Locate me” icon you will always know where you are.
- Walking directions – Get from one place to another by following a line on the map or a list of directions. Estimated walking times are given.
- Discover alternative modes of transportation.
- Find other national parks and historic sites in the region and across the country.
Webcam - If you can't make it to the park, watch a live eruption of Old Faithful and other geysers in the Upper Geyser basin though an integrated webcam.
Social Media Feed - Learn what is happening in Yellowstone by browsing content from the park's Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr sites.
Photo Gallery - Each eruption is different, so enjoy a collection of geyser photos.
FAQ - Want to know more about geysers? We have answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
The Chesapeake Explorer app helps you discover the places where you can experience the Bay region’s beauty, history, and heritage firsthand. Find and visit places by activity, trail name, or type of site. Take a suggested tour, build your own tour, tag favorites, share photos of your visit or save places for visiting later. The app includes over 400 sites across six states.
Plan Your Visit – plan your visit to one or several of more than 400 parks and historic sites in the Chesapeake –find locations, hours of operation, fees, and other helpful information. Learn the history of some these natural areas and historic places.
Maps – enable geo-location to find sites nearby, zoom in and out, and finger-scroll to better view sites. Generate driving directions on demand to any site in the app.
Search by Nearby -- find places near your physical location or draw your own map extent to find fun and exciting places to visit.
Search by National Park or National Trail – locate national parks and trails nearby, or access a comprehensive list. Plan your visit to one or more places on the Star-Spangled Banner National Historic Trail, Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail, Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail, or Chesapeake Bay Gateways and Watertrails Network.
Search by Activity -- find hiking, biking, boating, fishing, camping, and birdwatching opportunities nearby.
Search by Site Type – locate nearby parks, preserves, trails, or historic sites and museums, or view a comprehensive list to help you plan your visit.
Suggested Tours – follow suggested history, driving, biking or walking tours. Tours provide turn-by-turn directions and approximate travel times.
My Tour -- create personal tours -- just tap the “+” at the bottom right of a site page. The app maps and saves the route for viewing later. Edit tours anytime and get driving directions.
My Favorites – tag your favorites to revisit later.
Add to Places Visited – tag sites visited and keep track of your explorations throughout the Chesapeake region.
Share the Adventure – share your visit on Facebook or Twitter, or email friends and family.
Send a Postcard – snap a photo to remember your visit, or send a digital postcard to friends and family with the tap of a button.