• Write reviews on subways, playgrounds, and libraries in your neighborhood and around town.
• Submit service requests on non-emergency issues such as street potholes, illegal parking, downed trees, noise complaints, graffiti, and more.
• Support neighbors on the issues that matter most to your community.
• Communicate and receive information in your native language.
Your feedback will help New York City become a better place to live, play, and work.
New York City, report, parks,libraries,subways,service requests, potholes,graffiti,311,illegal
new Minneapolis 311 app makes reporting issues like these easier than ever. The app
uses GPS to identify your location and also allows you to snap a photo to add to your
service request. Reports are automatically sent to the City’s 311 system and routed to
city departments for resolution. You’ll also be able to follow your issue from the time it
is reported until it is resolved.
The mobile app can also be used to report such issues as graffiti, damaged street signs,
and abandoned vehicles.
This app submits data to City of Minneapolis via a third party service, SeeClickFix. The handling
of the data submitted to the City for servicing the issues submitted using this app is covered by
With MyLA311, City of Los Angeles information and services are just a few taps away.
• The ‘Submit Service Request’ feature allows you to quickly and easily request the City’s most popular services, including graffiti removal, pothole repair, and bulky-item pickup .
• Looking for the nearest park? Want to cool off on a hot day? Need to return a library book? The ‘Find City Info’ feature conveniently maps the closest parks, libraries, fire and police stations, golf courses, public pools, tennis courts, golf courses, parking lots, and more.
• You can keep up to date with the latest City Hall news by browsing through our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube feeds.
• No more stamps and envelopes needed! MyLA311 also allows you to pay your Los Angeles Water and Power bill right from your mobile device.
MyLA311 links Angelenos with the services and information they need to enjoy their city, beautify their community and stay connected with their local government.
The tool enables residents to request services and report a wide range of issues similar to the City's 311 portal. This tool enables residents to take and attach pictures to requests for service and provide the exact location of the issue using GPS coordinates thus enabling the city to deliver services in a quicker and more effective manner.
The reports are automatically fed into the City’s 311 system so that they can be tracked and assigned to the appropriate departments for resolution. Citizens can follow the status of their request by using the unique reference number provided for each case.
Please install the app, and join us as we evolve the citizen –government relationship.
Keywords: Lagan CRM,Winnipeg,311,City Services,Pothole,Service Request,Incident Report,Graffiti,Snow,Open311
More from developer
• Individual Properties
• Job Applications
• Electrical Applications
• Limited Alteration Applications (minor plumbing work)
The app also includes pertinent contact information for the Department and brings real-time push notifications from the Department to users devices.
For support please visit: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dob/html/community_partnerships/mobile_app.shtml
- Search for different types of permitted events
- Find events near you
- Get directions to events
- Avoid street closures while driving