MOVE! Coach is a weight management app designed for Veterans, service members, their families, and others who strive for a healthy weight. The 19-week program, guides the app users to achieve success through education and the use of tools, in an easy and convenient way. Participants can monitor, track, and receive feedback regarding their progress with weight, diet, and exercise goals.
Key app features include:
• Self-Management Guides – providing weight management strategies using videos, worksheets, games, and other tools.
• Weight, Diet, and Physical Activity Diaries - for progress tracking
• Goals and Progress components - for setting physical activity, diet, and weight loss SMART goals while offering summaries and progress reports.
• How to Solve Problems - resources to overcome barriers
• The ability to share your progress and challenge your friends
This app can be used by itself, but additional benefit may be achieved if used in combination with treatment/coaching by your healthcare team.
MOVE! Coach was developed by the VA Office of Information & Technology (OI&T) in partnership with the VHA National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (NCP) MOVE! Weight Management Program, under VHA’s Office of Patient Care Services (VACO).