- Using GPS satellites triangulation. No internet connection required, quite accurate with clean sky but works only outdoors and it's slow.
- Using the ground elevation at your current position. Accurate but require internet connection and works only if you are at ground level.
- Using the pressure sensor of your device (if available). If it's available internet connection it calibrates itself on the nearest weather station pressure to improve accuracy.
The best choice for your excursion it's the pressure sensor method. But we recommend to launch the App just before leaving so it calibrates itself taking pressure from the nearest airport weather station. So measure will be reliable for few hours even without an internet connection.
Easy solution for make driving easier and safer
The new tool which lets us access all important settings during our driving. It has such an easy interface where you'll find easy what to do
★SELECT THE NAVIGATOR: Quick access to Google Maps service.
★PHONE YOUR CONTACTS: Open the dial without having an accident or distractions.
★MUSIC ACCESS: Quickly access to your music. So connect your mobile easily to your car speakers.
★FIND YOUR CAR LAST LOCATION: After each driving, save your location, you'll be saving your current location to easy remember the place where you last parked your car.You can alternate between 3 different searching modes: Google Maps, Radar View and 3D augmented Reality View
★AND MORE OPTIONS: Customize you background interface, your button's colors, language.
★VERY EASY TO USE. This tool is designed for your comfort and it'll try to bring you the best driving experience
★MOST IMPORTANT. We are open to you! We are open to any suggestions or improvements you could think would be better to the app =D!
Thank you for downloading this app.
Enjoy the app, and rate us to make us improve.
We have thousands of 5-STAR REVIEWS:
- best satnav app out there
- great app at no cost
- why buy a satnav when navmii does it all
- unbeatable value and functionality
- love, love this app!
We have been busy preparing our biggest ever update and are proud to introduce some fantastic new features:
• Amazing new user interface
• Free Real-time traffic and road information
• Community map reports
• New updated maps
• Better, smarter and faster search
• Millions of points of interest added
And all the features that made Navfree great are still included:
• Complete voice guided navigation
• Incredibly beautiful HD maps
• Fast routing - no data connection required
• Automatic rerouting
• Offline and Online Address search
• Navigate via Postcode, City, Street or POI
• Integrated Google Street View
• + Much, much more
Navmii features on-board OpenStreetMap (OSM) maps, which are stored on your device and
therefore requires no data connection (unless of course you use the connected services). Use Navmii abroad to avoid high roaming costs!
We're always eager to hear about your experience of using Navmii. If you would like help with the app or would just like to tell us what you think, please email email@example.com.
Since June 2009, Glob provides to Glubbers a full set of features allowing drivers to optimize their trips. Real road users' Community, Glob tries to show an other way of driving in safety.
Glob warns you while driving close to speed cameras, speed traps, accidents or road works but allows you to share your favourites trips and more...
As a single traffic info source is never enough, Glob adds its own real time crowd sourced traffic info.
• 3D/2D Map
• Background use, warns you or declare incidents even if you are using Google Navigation or any GPS software
• North or ahead driving orientation
• Multi-source traffic info (Google and/or Glob)
• Accident, road works, speed traps alert based on users declarations
• Biker Mode
• Day/Night Mode
• Single tap notification
• Gesture notification, Sony LiveView, hands free buttons
• Trip sharing
Help us to update speed camera database by registering on http://g-lob.com
Use offline topo maps and GPS on hike trails without cell service! The GPS in your Android phone can get its position from satellites, and you don’t have to rely on your data plan to get maps. Have more fun and safe GPS adventures in the backcountry.
Preload FREE offline topo maps, aerial photos, and road maps on your storage memory, so they are ready when you need them.
Add custom GPS waypoints in longitude and latitude, UTM or MGRS grid reference. Import GPS waypoints from GPX files. Choose icons for waypoints much like in MapSource. (This app uses the WGS84 datum, NAD27 is available in settings).
Use GPS for hunting a waypoint or geocache, for recording tracks and GPS waypoints on your trip, all the while tracking your quest on topographic maps.
About topo (topographic) maps: Topo maps show terrain through color and contours, and are useful for navigation offroad. Topo maps and GPS can be used for hiking, hunting, kayaking, snowshoeing, & backpacker trails.
The app has many built in map sources and allows you to create your own maps with Mobile Atlas Creator. Built in sources include:
OpenStreetMaps and NASA landsat data worldwide.
OpenCyle Maps are topo maps that show terrain worldwide.
USGS Color Aerial photography.
Topographic Maps of Spain and Italy.
Outdoor maps of Germany and Austria
Topo maps of New Zealand
Here are some of the outdoor GPS activities BackCountry Navigator has been used for:
Hiking both on hiking trails and off trail.
Camping, to find the perfect camping site or the way back to camp.
Hunting trips for hunting wild game in rugged areas, including recon for the hunt.
Bait fishing or fly fishing with a buddy.
Search and Rescue (SAR) with GPS.
Kayak and canoe trips on inland lakes and streams or marine, coastal waters.
Backpacker trips: using topo maps of wilderness areas and national forests to navigate on trails with the GPS.
Snow adventures including snowmobiling, skiing (alpine or cross country) and snowshoeing. Create a memory. Map it out.
This a great addition to the outdoor gear you bought at Cabelas, REI, or another outdoor store. Your android phone could substitute for a Garmin or Magellan outdoor handheld GPS! You storage has memory for maps.
Find your own ways to have fun in the outdoors. Be a maverick by venturing into new territory beyond cell service boundaries. Become a pro at navigation with GPS.
BackCountry Navigator has been previously available on WM devices and preloaded on the Trimble Nomad outdoor rugged device. This Android version is more flexible, featured, and fun.
GPS Arrow Navigator shows an arrow to the direction you need to go, you will have to find your own way. No data connection is required making this app ideal for remote locations or to use abroad.
Save your current location and use it as a destination later to find your way back to your car, hotel, friends and so on! It is also possible to enter coordinates manually or pick a location from the build-in map (Map is supported in the Pro version only).
Use the search engine to find any place you want to navigate to, or store it for later use. Search supports cities, addresses, interesting places. You may also import location files like KML, KMZ, LOC, GPX and LOCX (import is supported in Pro version only).
GPS Arrow Navigator shows you the direction you need to go, as well as your current bearing, speed and distance to the selected destination.
GPS Arrow Navigator is also ideal for Geocaching, simply by entering the coordinates.
- No data connection necessary
- Search engine to find any place or address
- Share locations with your friends
- Import KML, KMZ, LOC, GPX and LOCX files (Pro version only)
- Multiple units of measurement supported (Pro version only)
- Multiple coordinate systems support (DegDec, MinDec, DMS, UTM) (Pro version only)
- Interactive Google Map (Pro version only)
- Multiple languages supported
- Store unlimited destinations (Pro version only)
Please don’t leave a negative review without contacting us first!
(1) Voice vertical guidance into any airport. This helps flying consistent & safer short field VFR approaches into runways with no vertical guidance.
(2) "Flight Analysis" to review the approach precision and improve from feedback on every flight.
How does it work? (reference 1st App Screenshot)
* Connect Phone audio to headset, adjust audio volume
* Select desired approach
* Identify "Green Arrow" in HSI and turn aircraft to Top of Descent. (67 deg)
* Localizer bar is "red" indicating that loc is past the right limit.
* Localizer will turn "yellow" once in range
* "White Arrow" in HSI is the direction of touchdown point. (60 deg)
* "Yellow Arrow" in HSI is the direction of final approach course. (37 deg)
* Descent to "TOD altitude" (top of descent) using aircraft altimeter as reference
* Now a GREEN glide slope bar will appear and be centered
* As we approach the TOD and the synthetic ILS GP in "yellow" is coming down
* YELLOW ILS glide slope and the GREEN TOD glide slope will merge at TOD
* Passing the TOD turn to the final approach course shown as "yellow" arrow
* Descent with the YELLOW ILS glide slope
* Voice will announce: "50 up", "Center", "Down 100" etc....
* Menu: "Request Flight Analysis" after landing, suggest connecting via wifi
* Examples and details at: http://www.reuter-family.com/gpsils/GPSILS_Details.pdf. Thank You to Timothy Nathan
Watch the example video of on an actual ILS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdUUd-kZw
We are approaching the localiser on a 125 heading and a TOD altitude of 1200ft. We are about 60 ft too low. The Green, White and Yellow arrows show the direction to the TOD point, the touchdown zone and the approach course respectively.
As the localizer comes in we turn to 207 for the intercept.
As we approach the TOD the Green and Yellow GP merge. The green arrow swings around to the left indicating that we pass TOD on the right.
The decent with the GP starts. The white arrow is now hidden behind the yellow arrow. The TOD is now behind us and hence the green arrow is pointing to our 6 o' clock position.
The voice announcement are suppressed. However you can see the announcements in the upper left of the phone screen. "Up 80" for example. The app shows an altitude of 510 ft at touchdown. According to the charts the runway is at 517 ft.
Once we pass the touchdown zone the white arrow moves to the 6 o'clock position.
Note, we used an external Bluetooth GPS on the glare shield with a 5 Hz update frequency. Any change in color of the "accuracy" field indicates a new GPS data point. CAUTION, usage of the internal phone GPS may materially reduce the accuracy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyAXyufBK8&feature=youtu.be shows a good match between GPS and ILS. At 1000 ft agl the tower switches the approach from circle to land to straight in. Compare the two glide slopes.
Further comparison of the app to an actual ILS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLHkozNBRw
Courchevel with Audio announcement for altitude correction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__OlISD3xg
Scenic Courchevel (LFLJ) approach: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY
The app asks for the pilots e-mail address. The address is attached to log files and makes it possible to send comments back. Privacy is ensured. Upload/download of data may best be done when connected to internet via wifi. The data stays private.
To add more approaches drop me an e-mail or press the request button on the phone. 37,000 approaches can be down loaded via "Menu->Download Approaches".
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org Disclaimer: The software and data is as is. The author assumes no responsibility or liability either directly or indirectly.
Big "Thank You" to Mark Rae and Timothy Nathan who worked on improving the UI, database checks and test flights.
Features of the Altimeter app:
* Accurate measurement of altitude (elevation) in meters or feet via GPS
* Photo feature with built-in altitude and sharing
* Share your outdoor photos with friends via Google+, Facebook or email
* No internet connection required
* Sunrise and sunset info
* GPS coordinates
* Current temperature and wind speed
Whether you are ascending Mount Everest or down in Death Valley, the free Runtastic Altimeter & Compass app knows your current altitude. With the integrated photo capture function you can record your favorite views and share them with your friends instantly via Facebook or email.
The Runtastic Altimeter & Compass app is a great app for all enthusiasts of outdoor activities such as hiking, walking, skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking.
Runtastic is all about health & fitness apps! Check out more of our apps to help you reach your fitness goals at http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pub:Runtastic
"5 stars. Finally a nice simple way to find my car that actually works, and not only the car. It works on anything to find your way back."
"Great car-finder. Does a great job of finding my car. In my tests it is accurate to 4 meters which is fantastic for a phone gps. Good work and thanks for a great app! "
We have loaded the app with all kinds of extras to entertain as well as navigate!
** DS Software specializes in mobile navigation solutions.
#### Now with HUD (head-up display) mode* - just press "Menu" - "Enable HUD mode" and put your phone face up on the dashboard, under the windshield; the screen will be mirrored and it will be reflected by the windshield.
*HUD mode needs more CPU power than normal mode.
This is a free version, supported by ads.
- HUD mode
- High accuracy. The speed value calculated from GPS data is more accurate than the one displayed by your car's speedometer
- It supports both imperial and metric units
- 5 predefined color themes available
- It can record your path, speed, distance, and elevation and save them in a KML file (for Google Earth) - just press "Menu", select "Settings" and "Record track".
- It can work in the background, so it can record your movement and speed even while you're talking on the phone. This means that if you really want to exit the application, you have to press "Menu" and select "Exit".
It requires the following permissions:
- WAKE_LOCK in order to prevent the screen from turning off
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION (GPS based location) for reading GPS data
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in order to save the KML file
- INTERNET in order to retrieve ads from ad servers.
Please note that while I've tested the application on several Android devices, there are way to many different Android devices to guarantee that it will work just fine on all of them, so if you encounter a problem with the application, just drop me an email with your phone model and a short description of your problem; I will do my best to fix it ASAP.
KW: SPEEDOMETER, GPS, DASHBOARD, HUD, TRACKS, SPEED, VIEW, GPS Speedometer app, Free
• High accuracy
GPS-based speedometer that is more accurate than the one in your car.
• Linear compass
Shows your current direction of travel. A compass mode is also available.
• HUD mode
Mirrors the numbers so you can place your phone on your car's dashboard and see the speed reflected in the front glass. You can check out this video to see how it works: http://youtu.be/rzda7CQ-ZAU
• Speed graph
Displays a graph chart covering the last several minutes.
• Speed warning
You can set the speed limits for three different types of roads so that when you go too fast a visual alert or sound will notify you.
• Display units
Supports units such as miles, kilometers, and nautical miles.
• GPX track export
Enables you to save your current track to the SD card or email it to someone. The GPX format is supported by Google Earth and many other programs: http://www.topografix.com/gpx_resources.asp
• Background mode
You can minimize the program and keep it running in the background. It will work as usual and even notify you when you exceed the speed limit.
Please note that the accuracy of GPS measurements is affected by a number of factors including atmospheric conditions, obstructions and the visibility of satellites.
NOTE: This version is ad-supported. A paid version without ads and more features is also available.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them on our blog: http://blog.codesector.com/
— Head-Up Display in any car
— Google and OpenStreetMap (OSM) available
— Professional Voice Assistance
— Turn-by-Turn directions
— 3D road view
— Customizable road visualization
— Average and maximum speed calculation
— Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) calculation
— Exact speed calculation by means of accelerometer
— Save routes to drive them later, offline
— Track the route when driving it
— Share routes and results with your friends (Facebook, Twitter)
— Check for other users routes nearby
— Use Hudway for race competitions — build routes and compete with your friends. Make it to Top 10 Leaderboard!
— Distance in miles/kilometers, meters/feet/yards
When you’ve built the route with Hudway, place your phone on a dashboard. The road outlines are now reflected on your windshield, as well as the distance to the next meaningful curve, and your vehicle speed — all precise and real-time.
Professional Voice Assistant alerts you on the approaching road bends, so that you know exactly when to slow down and speed up.
Build routes and save them to drive later, without Internet connection. Handy, when in countryside.
Attention: Hudway works in a background mode. Continued use of GPS and Audio-services running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Watch video: http://vimeo.com/75947078
Join our Facebook page:
Follow us on Twitter:
For more information visit our homepage:
IMPORTANTE: La precisión de esta aplicación depende de que tan bien o mal reporte el GPS del celular la ubicación.
- Esta versión está diseñada para iniciar con el conteo de 25 unidades para Bogotá (Colombia) -
De los mismos creadores de la calculadora de tarifas de taxis, ahora contará con un taxímetro que le permitirá saber si el taxi en el que vá esta adulterado. Esta aplicación se basa en el GPS de su celular por lo que los calculos pueden ser aproximados. Si la diferencia entre la aplicación y el taxímetro es muy grande.. SOSPECHE!
No olvide seguirnos en @ConsultaTaxi y usar nuestros servicios de consulta y reporte.