The most popular screen on/off app. Reviewed by LifeHacker, MakeUseOf, TheNextWeb and many others ...
• Pocket Sensor: Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
• Table Sensor: Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
• Turn Screen On by Motion: If the screen is off and it's facing up the device can be woken up by moving it.
• Keep Screen On by Motion: It keeps the screen on while you are watching the screen. It relies on the small movements of your hand while holding the device.
• Smart Lock support: It's a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
• Locale plug-in for: Tasker, Llama and others
UNLOCKED by IN-APP PURCHASE
• Better performance
• Widgets, Shortcuts
• Wider range for Turn Screen On by Motion Timeout
• Wider range for Table Sensor
• Suspend in Landscape mode
• Exclude Apps option
It should be not significant. I experienced about 6 per cent extra consumption on the test device. However it can be much higher by often using the Turn Screen On by Motion feature. Thus, keep your phone face down if you want to save energy.
Please, use the Uninstall button in the app. Due to Android restriction the app cannot be uninstalled on a normal way.
1. Turn off screen when you put your Smartphone on table and turn on when you hold it in your hands.
2. - Use Proximity sensor to turn on/off screen.
- Proximity Smart Cover feature for user using Flip Cover (If you use a phone case with cover, just close the cover to turn screen off. and open the cover to turn screen on).
- So with Smart Cover feature you just put the phone in your pocket to turn screen off, and take the phone out from your pocket to turn screen on.take it out of the pocket the screen auto turn on.
3. Shake to screen on/off.
- Shake to turn off, use the proximity sensor to open the screen to the most comfortable and most effective.
- When only opening screen features with the proximity sensor when taking the phone out of the bag itself on the screen.
- Besides you can very much for the way how to shut off by different types of sensors.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
Unfortunately in some devices, the accelerometer sensor cannot be used when the screen is OFF so you can't turn on screen by feature 1 and 3.But if you checked option for device do not turn on the screen, you can use Proximity or Smart Cover feature to turn on/off the screen.
Check your device on link:
How to uninstall app :
You can click on Uninstall button,
It offers five options,
1) Keep the current brightness (Don't dim)
2) Allow to Dim
Allows the screen to dim but will not allow it to lock.
3) Increase brightness to MAX
4) Decrease brightness to MIN
5) Set the custom brightness
Supports Landscape mode
Please update to version 1.2.2
light up a screen by a reaction of a sensor.
I become worried that a button may break when a power supply button is frequently pressed many times.
I made to prevent that.
When not using a smart phone for many hours, It's make this app end automatically, and it's equipped with the function which prevents battery consumption.
===== How to use =====
1.set the sensor sensitivity.
2.set by pressing the "Star icon button".
3.Completion (An app becomes hidden).
The sleep mode is released by a reaction of a sensor during sleep mode.
You can test the sensitivity of the sensor by pressing the "Eye icon button".
Please used to adjust the sensor sensitivity.
When "X icon button" is pushed, the function is released and the app ends.
===== Configurable content =====
The sensitivity of the speed which shakes a smart phone using a wrist.
You can set up to OFF and 1-100.
If you want the sensor to OFF, please set the leftmost the seek bar.
You can set up to OFF and 1-100.(The sensitivity becomes so high that the numerical value is big.)
For malfunction prevention, a double touch system is adopted.
It's time the screen is on To until the sleep mode.
You can set up to 1-60seconds.
If the lighting time is shorter than the sleep (screen off) time set in the smartphone, the time sleep that is set in the smart phone is given priority.
You can set up to "Dark" or "bright".
The difference in the brightness can't sometimes be judged by the model.
***Automatic termination time
During sleep mode, it's time to be automatic termination of this app.
You can set 30 minutes-24 hours and eternity (not finished).
When a smart phone was never operated within set time, this app end automatically, and battery consumption is stopped.
Because a sensor does not work when finished automatically, you push the power button as usual, and, please do sleep release .
***Indication of the help message
A help message suitable for operation is indicated.
===== Ultralight low load =====
There is no display of an advertising column.
Network communication does not occur, either.
An unnecessary ornament, processing, and acquisition authority were eliminated as much as possible, and pursued low load thoroughly.
You can use without not giving a damage to CPU and a battery.
Moreover, you can use it without caring about monthly data traffic.
===== Attention =====
For malfunction prevention, a Double touch system is adopted.
Only when touching an approach sensor twice within 2 seconds, a sensor reacts, and a sleep mode is released.
===== permission =====
The following permission is required when installing this app.
***Display system-level warning(SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW)
When you preview(operation test), it's used to display the message.
***Invalidate the sleep mode of the terminal.(WAKE_LOCK)
It's used to release a sleep mode.
===== request =====
This app is donationware.
If you were pleased with this app, please give contribution.
because it is managing with no advertisement, there are no profits by this app.
Only your warm heart is a reliance.
I believe that the world is full of spirit mutual support.
===== The contributory method =====
Please purchase any one of charged app which I created.
Obtained contribution is carefully used as future development costs.
::::: Kazu Pinklady ::::
Ability to prevent screen from turning off when charging.
Keep screen on at system's brightness or dimmed.
Turn off the screen based on close proximity.
Ability to keep screen on when selected app is running and user is looking at the screen (camera is used to determine the presence of the user). This feature requires Android of version 4.0+ and a front-facing camera.
There is an application widget for quick service turn on/off.
click to activate. click again to de-activate.
notification while app is running.click on notification to de-activate.
remembers the original display timeout settings and restores it back when de-activated
Useful while reading/driving
1. By detecting p-sensor, automatically turn on/off the screen for you.
2. Allows you to only enable the function during charging.
3. Allows you to disable the feature when the screen is rotated.
4. You can set separate timeout values for screen on/off delay to prevent from accidentally triggering the feature.
5. A widget is supported to quickly toggle the function.
6. Notification is supported to quickly toggle function, or directly turn screen off.
7. Power Save Mode: works on some devices. Try if it works for YOU!
8. Play sound or vibrate while close.
9. Exclude apps you don't want automatically screen off feature
10. A widget to turn off screen! great power saver yet useful
0. Modify Settings in "Auto Screen Settings" app and enable the function
1. Add widget "AutoScreenOnOff" to your home screen
2. Press once on the icon to trigger Device Management Confirmation Dialog.
3. Agree to activate device management. (This is required to turn off the screen)
4. Now everything should work now. Try cover your hand over the top area of the screen (where the proximity sensor might be located) to see if it works.
- Since it uses proximity sensor to detect whether the screen should be on or off, this may use some power consumption. So, if you are not using your device for a long time, suggest you turning off the function.
- If you wants to uninstall the app, please do it from top of the app.
Translation Helps from:
Hai Long Hoang: Vietnamese
WebFrogeye : French
Ján Kučera: Slovak
Xander Stone: Dutch
Andrew: Russian, Ukranian
Paul L. Scholz: German
ps. If you have any suggestions, questions, bug reports, or you are willing to help translate strings, please send me email. email@example.com
The screen off & lock action can be used to create a widget that locks the screen if your power button is broken.
See more details on creating a widget with AutomateIt: http://automateitapp.com/user-guide-2/widget-a-shortcut-to-your-rules/
To use this app you need to install AutomateIt Free or Pro.
Screenshots shows how the plugin is used within AutomateIt
★★★ To uninstall the app, you need to deactivate the device administrator. Go to device settings → Security → Device administrators and deactivate the plugin ★★★
**To uninstall the app, please go to the setting page and click the "Remove device administrator" button**
With over 2 million of users and over 30 languages support, Screen Off and Lock is the No.1 screen off application in Google Play Store.
Screen Off and Lock allows you to switch off your devices from:
1. Launcher shortcut
2. Launcher widget 1x1 - 4x4, resizable in Android 4.0+ (Also available in lock screen for Android 4.2+) (Donate version)
4. Floating button over all apps! (Double tap to use it) (Donate version)
5. Search button (if your device has it)
1. Screen off animation (including the most famous Old TV style)
2. Screen lock/unlock sound effect
3. Screen off vibration
For those who cannot see the screen off animation even the app is reinstalled, please follow the procedures below:
Android 4.x: Go to "Setting > Developer options > Transition animation", and then select 1x for this option.
Android 2.x, Make sure you selected the option "All animations" under "Settings > Display > Animation".
This app has 3 modes to keep the screen on:
1. Use System Setting – Restore to your device's system setting screen timeout value.
2. Until I turn off – Keep the screen on until you turn off the phone or put the phone on sleep.
3. Keep on for the desired period of time.
This app also has the following features:
- Run as a Service for quick and easy access from any other apps.
- Display a notification icon on top to indicate how long the screen has been on (Until I turn off mode) or how long the screen will be on (Keep on for next … mode).
- An option to keep the screen on but also dim the screen.
- This is an Ad-supported app.
To stop running as a service – 1) Select "Use System Settings", 2) Uncheck the "Run as a Service for quick access", and 3) Click on OK.
This app uses the following permissions:
- System Wake Lock: To prevent the screen from turning off.
- Internet access – To support ads.
Screebl, the battery saver keep your screen on wunderkind, works based on a simple observation: we generally hold our phones or tablets in roughly the same positions when we're using them. Screebl uses the sensors in your mobile device to detect how you're holding it, and when your device is within a configurable range, the screen is kept on. Move out of that range, and Screebl releases the lock and the screen is allowed to go off. Using gravity, screen orientation, and other cues, your screen is kept on when it should be, and turned off when you don't need it. It's simple, but it works amazingly well!
How is Screebl a battery saver? Well, it's simple. On most phones, the screen is the single largest consumer of battery power. With Screebl running you can reduce the average amount of time that your screen is on by only keeping it on when you're ACTUALLY using your phone. The amount of savings can vary significantly by device and usage patterns, but it is not uncommon for users to see savings of 20% or more. See our web site for more details.
★ "Screebl is ingenious..." -- KnowYourMobile.com
★ "Screebl also helps you extend your battery life..." -- AndroidAuthority.com
★ "Screebl is a far more effective way to utilize our screen timeouts..." -- Android Spin.com
★ "Works out of the box..." -- AndroidTap.com
★ "Screebl offers an intelligent solution to the problem of screen control..." -- AndroidGuys.com
★ "Excellent customization..." -- Phandroid.com
✓ PocketLock locks your phone when you put it into your pocket, unlocks when you take it out
✓ AppExceptions let you turn Screebl off when selected apps are running in the foreground
✓ Locale Plug-ins and Tasker integration provide automated control and customization of Screebl
✓ Look-and-feel customization lets you make Screebl look the way YOU want
✓ Better detection algorithms
✓ Screen timeout set from Screebl
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - Needed to a start Screebl when phone starts up.
INTERNET - Needed to check for new instructional videos and submit debugging information.
WAKE_LOCK - Needed to keep the screen on.
WRITE_SETTINGS - Needed to update system settings related to screen timeouts.
GET_TASKS - Needed to disable Screebl when selected apps are running (AppExclusions).
BILLING - Needed to allow in-app upgrade of Screebl Lite to Pro.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Needed to check phone state (e.g., in-call, speakerphone on, etc.) to provide in-call behavior (e.g., disable Screebl or lock screen on)
✓ Some phones do NOT deliver sensor events when the screen is off. Examples include some HTC phones, some Sony Xperia phones, and quite a few Motorola phones. PocketLock may not work properly on these phones. See this link for more info: http://www.saltwebsites.com/2012/android-accelerometers-screen-off
✓ PocketLock sometimes causes battery drain on some devices. The effect of the PocketLock feature varies widely from one device to another. The longer that you have PocketLock monitor for removal from your pocket, the more power used. Most devices see a minor increase in power consumption when using PocketLock (4-8%).
✓ Stillness detection doesn't detect small movements on some devices. A few devices have coarse-grained sensors, and movement is not detected well, causing unwanted stillness timeouts. I am working on a fix for this that will be in an upcoming release. Most phones are fine.
✓ Screebl doesn't start when the phone is powered-on. On some HTC phones the "fastboot" capability can cause problems with Screebl starting at power-on. I've done my best to fix this, but it still is a problem on some HTC devices. Screebl must NOT be moved to SD storage.
With Shake Screen-on, you can Open the screen with a shake or two other ways! Maybe better than use power key.
Shake Screen-On provider three way to open screen .
1.shake -- shake you cellphone
2.Near receiver -- touch you cellphone receiver
3.flip -- flip you phone.
This application requires you device hardware support. if it can't work on you device. please tell me, or uninstall it.
- One click to active the widget and keep the screen on
- One click to deactivate the widget and restore the default screen behavior.
It's as simple as that!
Keep in mind that keeping the screen on drains the battery.
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
Once installed, press and hold the search button on your android phone and a dialog will appear. Then select screen on toggler to toggle between always ON and your original screen timeout setting. You may also set it as the default action when you long press your search button, but it is recommended NOT to set as the default action, so that you may use it in conjunction with other search button replacement tools such as Wifi Toggler (also by me). You may clear the default setting for Screen On Toggler by going to the Manage Applications area, select screen on toggler and scroll down and click on the "Clear Defaults" button. This should restore the selection dialog when you long press the search button.
To restore the timeout setting to your original setting, you may either touch on the screen on toggler icon on your android's notification bar OR you can long press your search button and select the screen on toggler again, to toggle it. It's that simple.
Thanks to all who have given their feedback and bug reports so far, I hope the latest release (v1.43) would have fixed all the issues that you guys out there are facing. If you still encounter issues, do let me know and I'll try my best to solve it ASAP. Cheers.
Notice: If you have other similar apps or widgets that performs similar functions (that allows you to change the screen timeout, please temporarily remove them / disable them if you encounter any issues with Screen On Toggler).
- Ability to toggle screen timeout easily by long pressing of search button, through the notification bar or through the main application itself
- Option to hide or show notification icon
- Ability to set custom screen timeout setting from app
- Start on bootup feature
- Option to only show notification icon when screen timeout is disabled
- Compatible with Android 3.x HoneyComb and ICS
If you find any bugs or have any suggestions, please email instead of commenting, I don't usually monitor the chatter in the comments. Thanks!
Keywords: screen,on,toggler,toggle,toggle screen,leave screen on,timeout,no timeout,screen timeout,toggling,set timeout,change timeout
Try to be the first in the Top10 list!
Very usefull tool to check the CPU speed of different Android Devices, different ROMs on the same device or even if your Android device is overloaded.
New Features added!