Travel Greece, Athens, Mainland, and Greek Islands: illustrated guide, phrasebook, and maps (Mobi Travel)
MobileReference guides help you get the most out of your vacation. The guides are available for most destinations worldwide and always include FREE offline GPS maps. Over 3 million MobileReference Travel Guides have been downloaded.
The world’s most popular electronic guides developed for your smartphone have the following features:
✔ Street level GPS map covers Greece and Greek Islands.
✔ GPS map loads to your smartphone memory - no network access needed once the app is downloaded.
✔ GPS map displays your location along with nearby sights and attractions.
✔ MobileReference guides use vector-based maps so they load quickly and are easy to zoom and scroll.
✔ Unlike other travel guides, GPS coordinates for attractions have been verified by users on the ground.
✔ Attraction articles can be accessed from both an alphabetical and a categorical index.
✔ Top 10 attractions article features sights that no visitor should miss.
✔ Articles include tips on what to do and see in your destination.
✔ Articles can be added to a list of favorites.
✔ Phrasebooks include list of common words and phrases.
✔ The top restaurants have been individually selected by MobileReference editors. These restaurants are marked by a star in the EAT chapter and are plotted on the GPS map.
✔ Listen to articles on the go with Text-To-Speech
✔ No ads
✔ No roaming charges
MobileReference Travel Guides provide detailed, practical information about attractions, landmarks, transportation, cultural venues, dining, lodging, history and much more. They are indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Attractions can be viewed on an offline GPS map along with your current location so that you can easily find attractions near you as you explore the city.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
1. Essentials: Phrasebook | Units Conversion | Tourism Offices | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe | Driving in Europe
2. Greece: Quick Facts | World Heritage Sites | History | Geography | Climate | Culture | Regions | Get In | Get Around | Buy
3. Maps: Greece | Regions | Religious Sanctuaries
3.1 Mainland: Athens | Thessaloniki | Peloponnese | Chalkidiki | Mount Athos
3.2 Greek islands: Crete | Ionian | Corfu | Santorini | Rhodes | Cyclades | Mykonos | Páros | Skiathos | Náxos | Ios | Hydra | Kythira
4. Athens: History | Culture | Climate | Get in | Get Around | Districts | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe
4.1 Athens Attractions: Top 10 | Itinerary | Do | Buy | Get out
5. Thessaloniki: History | Culture | Climate | Get in & around | Attractions | Festivals | Eat | Drink | Sleep
6. Peloponnese: History | Geography | Get in & around | Attractions | Top 10 | Archaeological Sites | Cities | Beaches
7. Continental Greece: Central | Western Greece | Northern Greece (Macedonia and Thrace) | Itinerary
8. Crete: Geography | Cities | History | Get in | Sights | Eat
9. Greek Islands: A-Z List | Cyclades | Dodecanese Islands | Northern Aegean Islands | Saronic Islands | Sporades | Ionian
Top 10: Santorini | Corfu | Crete | Rhodes | Mykonos | Páros | Skiathos | Náxos | Ios | Hydra | Kythira
-MobileReference®. Free maps for worldwide destinations™.
This is the mappa map for Athens (Greek: Αθήνα, Athína), the capital city of Greece. The sprawling city is bounded on three sides by Mt Ymettos, Mt Parnitha and Mt Pendeli; whilst inside Athens are twelve hills [the seven historical are: Acropolis, Areopagus, Hill of Philopappus, Observatory Hill (Muses Hill), Pnyx, Lycabettus, Tourkovounia (Anchesmus)], the Acropolis and Lykavittos being the most prominent. The streets of Athens (clearly signposted in Greek and English) now meld imperceptibly into Piraeus, the city's ancient (and still bustling) port.
Places of interest: Syntagma Square (Plateia Syntagmatos), Plaka to the south, Monastiraki to the west, Kolonaki to the east and Omonia to the north.
Take a look at: The Acropolis; Plaka, Monastiraki and Thissio; Kifissia; Nea Smyrni; Kolonaki; Metaxourgeio - The Municipal Gallery in Avdi Square; Omonia and Exarheia - National Archeaological Museum; Pangrati and Mets; Piraeus; Psiri; Syntagma Square (Plateia Syntagmatos); Zografou.
The mappa map covers the metro, bus routes, trams and rail links.
Top 5 reasons to get your offline mappa map for Athens, Greece:
1. SIMPLE - No geeky features. It’s a map!
2. ENTIRE LOCATION AVAILABLE OFFLINE - download the entire city and POI database to your phone and travel without an Internet connection. You won’t get any nasty roaming charges. Your map will work anywhere.
3. VECTOR DATA - means that you get maximum detail, maximum zoom and maximum coverage with a tiny map file that takes moments to download and uses hardly any space on your phone.
4. POINT OF INTEREST DATABASE BUILT-IN - Search a dozen categories including, restaurants, bars and hotels, also handy places such as hospitals, taxi ranks and public transport stops. We’ve also included a fuzzy partial search for POI and street names to make it fast and easy.
5. EXCELLENT COVERAGE - Maps are the very latest OpenStreetMap with superb coverage and detail. And you will get free updates to the app and map forever as long as we add new versions.
Install your offline mappa map for Athens now!
Follow us @
A simple to use travel guide, featuring all the must see locations plus offline maps to those locations. As well as all the country info you need, from Visa requirements, best time to go, a short history, money matters, and much more. And now all the major annual events.
OFFLINE WORLD MAP offers you the most popular mobile offline GPS navigation application.
High quality Greece vector map is stored on your mobile device (no data connection required).
- High quality detailed vector map is stored on the phone
- Completely offline, internet is not required
- Full GPS support in offline mode
- 18 languages Turn-by-Turn voice guided navigation support
- 36 languages menu translation
- Lane Guidance
- Speed Limits
- Fast offline routing
- POIs search (point of interest such as restaurants, bars, museums, banks etc.)
- Address search (cities, streets and house numbers)
- Car, bike and pedestrian routing modes
- Bookmarks and favorite places support
- Find and Navigate to: Address, Contact, POI, Postal code, GPS coordinates and more
- Share your position with friends (via SMS text message, e-mail or GPS coordinates)
SAFETY AND USER COMFORT
- Speed Limit notification
- Compass feature
- Avoid Roadblocks, Motorways etc.
- Avoid Toll Roads
- Pedestrian and bike navigation modes
- Fully customizable navigation screen
- Day/night driving modes
- Map rotation feature
- Several map styles
- Customizable spoken warnings
- Switch languages
- Turn on/off voice guidance
- And many more features...
COMPATIBLE TO THE MAX
- Hardware Accelerated rendering
- Graphics optimized for tablet & HD devices
Travel guide to the historic city of Athens - the capital of Greece. The Athens Greece app is filled with useful information for travellers to Athens and is the ideal companion for your holidays and vacations.
You will find information about all of the famous tourist and archaeologicaul sights in Athens such as the Acropolis and Parthenon, Temple of Olympian Zeus, National Gardens, and much more.
You will also find useful information for most of the popular museums in Athens, including opening hours, admission costs, location and map.
There is information about travelling around the city, and you can read about travelling by bus, Metro, Tram or taxi.
There is also a section called "Travelling Beyond Athens" where you can find lots of information for those who are planning to visit Athens and then head off to another part of Greece.
For hotels and accommodation in Athens, we have a hotel price comparison tool, that will allow you to check prices and availability in over 180 hotels in Athens, and find the cheapest online prices for your hotel bookings.
The Athens Greece app is the ideal companion for your holidays and vacations in this unique, beautiful and historic city.
PLACESTARS Inc. (website: http://www.placestars.com) offers you fully featured turn-by-turn navigation.
There are no hidden charges. You can use it forever for one-time fee and update it for free when a new version is available.
Greece, GPS Navigation App is a completely offline navigation app that offers turn-by-turn directions, spoken and on-screen instructions, offline map use and address search among many other features.
The app uses vector highly detailed maps. The map data is stored on your device so there is no need for a constant data connection while driving, biking or walking. It also allows you to browse maps anytime, anywhere without paying for data connections, which means no costly roaming charges when abroad.
It uses high-quality, open-source map data from OpenStreetMap that has been created and is continually improved by as many as 0.5mln users around the world.
- Browse maps by dragging and scrolling.
- On-board maps - no data connection required to browse maps or navigate
- Multiple guidance displays available
- Multiple languages support
- Day and night maps – switches automatically for safer night driving
- Automatic zooming
- Easy to use and navigate UI (user interface - e.g. large button, menus - adapted for touchscreen devices)
- Multi-language voice guidance
- Fast routing engine allows you to calculate long routes in seconds
- Automatic re-routing – if you miss a turn GPS Navigation App re-routes you automatically
- Direction lists allow you to check the routing plan of your trip
- Pedestrian navigation
- Bike mode is available
PLACES AND DESTINATION SEARCH
- Search by the exact address or postcode of your destination
- Search instantly by selecting any point on the map and pressing “Route here”
- Simple POI search available (points of interest: cafés, restaurants, museums, etc.) without data connection
Our customers say about us:
***** 5 stars - “Thank you! It's amazing app and very easy to use! All roads and routes are accurate...”
***** 5 stars - “Best navigation app I've ever used… Thanks! Thank you...”
***** 5 stars - “I've used the app when I was travelling in USA and I thank God I've found it in the app store.”
★ Suggestions of what's interesting to see and do in Greece, depending on time, weather and your location;
★ A detailed sights section with all the monuments of Athens, Thessaloniki, Rhodes, Heraklion;
★ Eating out section with the best restaurants in Athens, Thessaloniki, Rhodes, Heraklion;
★ Discover the nightlife of Greece! Bars, pubs & disco's in Athens, Thessaloniki, Rhodes, Heraklion;
★ Book hotels in Greece directly from the app (when online);
★ Offline maps of the most important cities;
★ Complete background information of Greece;
★ Currency converter;
★ Weather forecast (updated when online);
★ See current events (updated when online);
★ Lots of stars.
Quotes from our users
“Absolutely brilliant, made our holiday. Recommendations were worth while. Maps and directions were superb. We'd have been lost without it. Offline mode worked a treat. Thanks very much.”
By Bragger93 from United Kingdom on May 14, 2013
“This is the travel app I've been waiting for!! One stop shop.”
By Gun-Metal Gray from United States on May 21, 2013
“Leave your Lonely Planet or Frommer’s at home! This is your travel guide now.”
By an Android User from Netherlands on Jun 8, 2013
Founded by and for travelers, Triposo delivers up-to-date information, detailed maps and intelligent recommendations for more than 40,000 destinations in 200 countries around the world.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and OpenStreetMap are among the best resources for any traveler.
We consider location, time, weather and your personal preferences to deliver custom, real-time recommendations of places to go and things to see. Whether you are a planner or prefer to go with the flow, Triposo helps you discover the unexpected and experience travel in a new way.
If you see any problem with the app, please write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can figure out what’s wrong and fix it. Thanks!
Discover interesting places near you: accommodation, parking, restaurants, bars, clubs, cinemas, theatres, auto services, shops, parks, schools, hospitals, sport areas.
It includes detailed maps of the biggest cities in Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki, Patras, Heraklion, Larissa, Volos, Rhodes, Ioannina, Chania, Chalcis and others.
This application is based on Osmand project under the GNU GPLv3 license and uses high quality data from OSM.
Get around guides, phrase lists, warnings how to stay safe and healthy, restaurants and hotel recommendations, local costs and taxes, road rules and a variety of other info are carefully stored in one app.
• USE OFFLINE. Save money on roaming fees and refer to the articles even if you are offline and cellular data is not available.
• DISCOVER ARTICLES RELATIVE TO YOUR LOCATION. Switch between country, region, city, travel topic articles recommended for your travel destination and current location. Greece travel guide contains around 260 articles covering the whole country.
• GET RELIABLE INFO. All info comes from wikivoyage project, which is constantly updated by adventurous travelers and aspiring writers. Articles are vividly illustrated with more than 260 wellchosen pictures and images.
• VIEW ON THE MAP. GuideWithMe is based on map data, provided by MAPS.ME, offline maps app. An option to view the place on offline map is offered.
We are waiting for any advice and feedback about GuideWithMe app. This will help to suit GuideWithMe app to your expectations and tastes.
Your reviews and ratings are always welcome. Send them to email@example.com or leave a feedback in Google Play review section.
Check out our travel guides:
Google +: http://plus.google.com/+Guidewithme/
Enjoy your travels!
IMPORTANT: currently the app is available only in the English language.
Always Free: offline Maps, Map Viewer, Route Planner, extensive POI database.
Available upgrades: turn-by-Turn GPS navigation with lifetime map updates included, worldwide traffic information, speed cameras and even more premium features.
NLife does not require DATA connection and does not imply data charges like other navigation solutions.
If you travel using roaming, pay for your data, have bad network coverage, slow network quality, or just want things fast and simple, this is the right navigation app for you. You will never need to worry about loosing signal, because NLife can work completely offline!
High quality TomTom maps are stored on your phone, which means no roaming, waiting for a connection or extra data charges for navigation. NLife is always available, even in airplanes, so you can plan your next travel with 100% confidence that it will work at NO cost.
Superior GPS Navigation
- Powerful 3D map rendering at blasting speed
- Full voice routing guidance with street names (Text-to-Speech)
- Latest routing calculation technology
- Lane Assistance
- Possibility to choose from various routing alternatives before starting navigation
- Fully interactive maps even during navigation
- Once you arrive at your destination, NLife will help you find a place to park your car.
- Find and navigate to any contact stored on your phone, or any Facebook or Foursquare contact
- Quick search, accessible right from the map screen
- Amazing 3D city models
- Explore maps, search and calculate routes: Always FREE!
- Full search history
- Turn any location into “Favourite” with one tap
- Multi-touch map browsing
- Speed Cameras**
- Access Wikipedia places***
- Integrated Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Foursquare connectors for searching and sharing***
- Directly call a Point-of-Interest or visit its website***
- And a lot more to come in future updates, which will turn NLife into your favourite companion.
Choose from a vast selection of offline maps provided by TomTom, with guarantee of the latest data available and free updates forever.
More than 150 different countries included
There’s a whole World around you. Go! Experience! Share!
Please note the following:
• When installing the app, make sure your phone is connected to a stable Wi-Fi network due to the pre-installed map data.
• Never let the navigation instructions interfere with your driving.
• When using NLife while driving, never hold your phone on your hands. Place it on a standard holder, with a clear sky view.
• Allowing GPS to run in the background for extended periods can lead to a significant reduction in battery life.
*available as an in-app purchase
**camera updates available as in-app purchase
***this feature requires internet access; mobile data charges may apply.
Explore Greece with the best mobile guide and let an amazing journey begin. Embark on a virtual vacation through the heart and soul of Greece.
Visit the famous Greek Islands and the legendary land with guidance and tips from expert tourist guides.
Discover the most beautiful beaches and watch amazing videos from previous visitors.
Find out everything about Greek history and culture through pictures and related information.
Look up for sightseeing, beaches, hotels, restaurants, bars, ATMs, pharmacies and other points of interests on the map when you are visiting, using your GPS location.
Check out the Greek food section and learn about the recipes.
Learn how to speak Greek using the handy audio guide!
Get special deals on hotels, travel, restaurants and museums if you are a Vodafone Customer.
Finally upload a picture of you in Greece as a postcard and share it with your friends using your Facebook account.
Who is this app for:
★ Tourists traveling to Greece
★ Parents educating their kids about Greece
★ Individuals interested in learning about Greece
★ Greece fact categories like: culture, people and history
★ Lots of fun images of Greece
★ No data connection necessary. Works in the offline/airplane mode
No network connection is necessary to run this app, which makes it a perfect app to learn about Greece while on a plane or while in a foreign country where data roaming is expensive. The app will run in the offline/airplane mode.
Sample Greece country fact:
"Tossing an apple to a girl was a traditional way of proposing her."
My Crete Guide is the most complete and updated guide to the island of Crete. It allows users to explore known and unknown aspects of the island according to their own preferences.
★ Offline application, no roaming charges!
★ 100% offline map of Crete
★ Languages: Greek, English, Russian
★ More than 40 categories of interest (beaches, gorges, historical monuments, natural monuments, forests, waterfalls, archaeological sites, monasteries, caves, etc.)
★ More than 2.000 landmarks with texts and photos
★ Personalized information through customization filters
★ Navigator that guides you to a selected point of interest
★ Guides for the 6 major cities of Crete (Heraklion Guide, Chania Guide, Rethymnon Guide, Agios Nikolaos Guide, Sitia Guide, Ierapetra Guide)
★ Guide with city trails and canyons
★ The entire E4 European trail in Crete included
★ Shows points of interest around the user
★ Reviews and user ratings
★ Create personal points of interest
★ Weather forecast
When there is internet connection, these options are also available:
★ Change to map with great precision
★ For each point of interest, the user can download more photos (more than 12.000 overall)
★ Propose to our development team new points of interest by adding your own information and photos
★ Download more reviews and ratings from other users
After the initial installation of the software, you need to download all required files. Because data size is ~200MB, we recommend:
✓ Get connected to a wi-fi
✓ Make sure you have the required free space on your device
✓ Ensure that your battery is not drained or plug the device on power.
While running navigation with GPS, we recommend that the device is connected to the power of your car!
Crete, Creta, Kriti, Kreta!
(iOS device? Go to https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my-crete-guide/id950116030 )
Our Pelion app contains a wealth of useful information about this beautiful travel destination, including detailed information about all the villages Portaria, Makrinitsa, Tsagarada, Kala Nera, Horto and many others.
You will also find information for hotels and accommodation in Pelion, as well as sights and places of interest, beaches, ski centre, travel routes, photo gallery, sports and activities and much more.
For entertainment you will find information about various restaurants, tavernas, cafe bars and also local shops.
The Pelion Greece app is the ideal companion for your holidays and vacations in this truly unique and beautiful part of Greece.
Ταξιδιωτικός οδηγός για το Πήλιο και τη Μαγνησία.
Η εφαρμογή μας για το Πήλιο περιέχει πολλές πληροφορίες σχετικά με τα χωριά και τους προορισμούς του Πηλίου. Θα βρείτε πληροφορίες για την Πορταριά, Μακρινίτσα, Τσαγκαράδα, Καλά Νερά, Χόρτο και πολλά ακόμα χωριά.
Επίσης θα βρείτε πληροφορίες σχετικά με καταλύματα και ξενοδοχεία στο Πήλιο καθώς και πληροφορίες για αξιοθέατα, χιονοδρομικό κέντρο, διαδρομές, φωτογραφίες, σπορ και δραστηριότητες κ.α.
Για τη διασκέδαση σας θα βρείτε πληροφορίες για εστιατόρια, ταβερνάκια, café bars σε διάφορα χωριά, εμπορικά καταστήματα και άλλα.
Η εφαρμογή App του Πηλίου είναι ο ιδανικός σύντροφος για τις διακοπές και την παραμονή σας στο Πήλιο, που θα σας βοηθήσει να ανακαλύψετε τις ομορφιές και τα αξιοθέατα του.
Στο πρώτο μέρος της εφαρμογής θα βρείτε ένα γρίφο με σκοπό να σας βάλει στη διαδικασία της προετοιμασίας ενόψη του 12ου κυνηγιού κρυμμένου θησαυρού.
Τον τρόπο τον ξέρετε... Πάντα αναζητάμε σημεία της πόλης στα οποία μας οδηγεί ο εκάστοτε γρίφος προκειμένου να βρούμε το ειδικό ταμπελάκι της διοργανώτριας ομάδας. Αρκετά με τις οδηγίες, ξεκινήστε τη δράση!!
Στο δεύτερο μέρος της εφαρμογής θα μπορέσετε να παίξετε ένα παιχνίδι γνώσεων το οποίο βασίζεται στα προηγούμενα 11 κυνήγια κρυμμένου θησαυρού που πραγματοποιήθηκαν στο Ηράκλειο Κρήτης. Το παιχνίδι αυτό έχει ως σκοπό να βάλει τους παλαιότερους “κυνηγούς” σε μια διαδικασία αναδρομής αλλά και να μπουν στο πνεύμα του κυνηγιού όσοι δεν έχουν πάρει μέρος μέχρι τώρα.
Οι ερωτήσεις είναι βγαλμένες μέσα από την ιστορία, τους γρίφους και τις δραστηριότητες που είχαν οι διοργανώσεις κάθε χρονιά.
Για οποιαδήποτε παρατήρηση, παράπονο, απορία, πρόταση μπορείτε να επικοινωνήσετε μαζί μας στο e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.